[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the Mona Lisa even a big deal?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

Why is the Mona Lisa even a big deal?
>>
>>572016179
just like all other "luxury" goods. welcome to real life.

>they pay $10m on some painting hard to find and say it's a good deal
>waste of money for me
>>
>>572016281

Bought it to, returned it the same day
>>
>>572016281
So you're saying it is the belief that it is valuable that makes it valuable? That belief alone is all there ever was to denote value in this and all other goods?
>>
It's the greatest self-portrait, by the greatest artist, who was the greatest transexual, ever.
>>
>>572016696
yep. just like everything else in life.
>>
File: Nativity-C.-1400.jpg (69KB, 391x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nativity-C.-1400.jpg
69KB, 391x600px
it's a big deal because of the painting techniques Da Vinci used to paint it. They were very very advanced at the time. Just consider that this was the standard then
>>
>>572017204
na. just like how diamonds have absolutely no fucking uses in life other than to bribe women and gay men
>>
>>572016845
My friends seem to be surprised on the transexual thing.
>>
>>572017323
diamonds not expensive because they are beautiful or useful in industry but because one family owns all the diamond mines thus they control it's price
>>
>>572017573
they weren't supposed to be. they were like that due to supply control by monopolies in early 1900s and then faggots who give attention to their attention whoring
>>
>>572017884
just like iphones. despite being good products they are overpriced but people still buy them because of the advertisements and the prestige of owning one.
>>
>>572018158
and people like me dont give a fuck, so they have no intrinsinct value for me
>>
>>572016179

hi. art major here.

the main reason its a big deal (besides the fact that it was painted by one of the smartest and most famous men to ever live) is because of how many times its been stolen. as a painting its not even that good. but over the years its been stolen and restolen so many times that it became infamous.
>>
>>572016696
Wait, are you really not aware that that's how value works?

Jesus Christ, how horrifying
>>
>>572018740
BARTERING HOW DOES IT WORK
>>
>>572018740
Are you really not aware that only kids can see the cinnamon sugar swirls inside every square of cinnamon toast crunch?
>>
>>572018580
Clearly you don't know shit.
You illiterate scum, I hate most of my students
"As a painting it's not even that good"
Anon, you pretentious shit, shut the fuck up, -an art institute of Chicago professor.
Will prove with credentials if needed.
>>
>>572018862
>bartering

unga bunga
me have rock
me want pretty lady
you give me pretty lady
i give you rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPWH5TlbloU

Just watch it
>>
Can someone Post the pic of "Newton the Original oldfag" please. i need laughter.
>>
>>572016179
most famous trap ever.
>>
>>572019040
Professor Heaven, WHY is the shit so good?
>>
>>572018968
Pffft, I can see them. I haven't tried in 7 years but HOLY SHIT WHERE ARE THEY?

Touche, friend.
>>
Because it is actually Leonardo Da Vinci's selfie when he is crossdressing
>>
>>572019108
seen a long time ago. take away the sensationalism and vid's not wrong.
>>
>>572016179
>who cares
tinychat com/btvlive420
>>
>>572018580
>art major here.
>as a painting its not even that good

try harder
>>
>>572019495
Even though it adds nothing to the message, it certainly does make it more interesting. Sometimes, I watch it just for the story.
>>
if you were really a professor of art than youd know that art is subjective and that beauty is in the eye of the beholder
>>
>>572019802
go on the street or in school or whever the fuck you are and ask people whether they know the fed reserve system is not controlled by the govt and see how many get it right. then watch reaction of ppl who are like WOTTTTT IT'S NOT ACTUALLY A GOVT ENTITY!?
>>
>>572019040
no ur not, ur jus that fagit heaven
>>
>>572019040
>an art institute of Chicago professor.
LOL
>>
>>572019881
I think there are still technical stuff there that is more than "i think that's beautiful"
>>
>>572016179
I was talking about this with my art teacher friend today.It's because he kept records of everyone he met when he met them why etc. but she is completely unknown
>>
>>572019881
N00b.
Glad they're teaching you that in your community college.
Very poetic, let's see how that works out in real life, good luck finding a job.
There's shit art and good art. Sorry
>>
>>572019728
Different anon, but. Yeah. It's not that great. The background in particular is a fucking joke, and it's barely anatomically sound. The only thing it really has going for it is it's material rendering is pretty ok. Not fuckmazing. Just ok.
>>
>>572020170
I'm pretty sure the Mona Lisa is technically a figment of your imagination.
>>
>>572019745
>if you were really a professor of art than youd know that art is sujective and that beauty is in the eye of the beholder

The gayest thing ever said
>>
>>572019040
>What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals Art Academy...
>>
>>572019945
The people I've told have always had sort of a reserved, worried expression.
>>
The Mona Lisa was one of da Vinci's most profound pieces because the noble who commissioned it actually ended up turning it down.

In an age of high propriety and straight laces, it was an intensely suggestive picture. See, women were still basically property then, so for him to paint a portrait of her was not unheard of. Sure.

Him painting a portrait, ergo, meant he painted what he saw. Leo da V was, as you may know, a bastard and a stray; he was a hobo, called 'da Vinci' because he was from, well, Vinci, and he had no family name but he was a profound painter. He was also kind of a douchebag, ran out on a lot of commissions and was generally, I guess, a philanderer.

The Mona Lisa portrait features the titular lady smiling. The implication is that she's smiling at Leonardo da Vinci, which implies that the two were involved in an affair of some sort-- when he presented it to the commissioner, the guy threw a bitchfit and threatened him with some shit and kicked his ass out, because he'd painted a portrait of his wife, essentially, looking like what constituted being a whore back in the days of the Renaissance.

At least that's all I recall about it and I may not be accurate on that

I assume the value is because it represented a controversy and through that, gained an infamy that gave it a name.

You read it here. Fuck bitches, get money.
>>
File: deep.jpg (22KB, 455x350px) Image search: [Google]
deep.jpg
22KB, 455x350px
>>572020319
that was deep, man
>>
>>572020549
>The people I've told have always had sort of a reserved, worried expression.
>reserved, worried expression.
>reserved

ayyy
>>
>>572020568
jesus christ you faggots would do all means necessary to overhype a piece of turd if you could
>>
>>572020813

Hey, that's Italy for you. They held weird shit in significance.

I took an Art History course as a bird course and holy shit, the things they make you look at. Art used to be pretentious as fuck.
>>
File: 3453464.webm (1MB, 630x460px)
3453464.webm
1MB, 630x460px
>>572021047
>Art used to be pretentious as fuck.
then it got even worse
>>
>>572021178
/thread
>>
>>572016179
Well because of all the fucking retards, arts majors and arts professors and fucking donatellos and da vincies and van goghs in this thread I feel obliged to tell you all that you are all wrong and fucking stupid.
I have been to Louvre (the museum that has the painting atm) and I was explained why is it so famous. It is becsuse od her dmile. A dmile that doesnt look like its there, but it is. No one except Da Vinci was or is able to paint it that perfect
also, this painting des not have a price
Also, the painting in the main gallery of Louvre is fake because all the lights and flashes would damage it. The real one is kept in the basement of the museum
>>
The techniques Leonardo occupied were groundbreaking.
I however never liked L. Da Vincis' style or the painting itself.
Mannerism FTW
>>
>>572022089
Smile*
Fucking fingers
>>
File: IggyAzaleaSexTape (21).jpg (68KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IggyAzaleaSexTape (21).jpg
68KB, 640x640px
>Ig.gy Az.alea Sex Ta.pe le.aked >
tinyurl;com/IggyAzaleaSexTape [switch semicolon to . ]
>>
>>572022089
Fuck off.

You've been to the Louvre? So have millions of others.
>>
>>572022470
Dude the fact I've fucking been there has nothing to do with me trying to brag
I just saw replies like: "Its famous cuse its been stolen durrdurr" or "its famous cuz his style was groundbeefing" or " it famous csuse its da vinci"
I just explained the main reason why its fucking fdmous, which was the question of the thread
no one else wrore why, so I did
>>
>>572022967
oh so it's famous because hype.

im sure we discussed that already a whil eago
>>
Somebody just forced it.
Nothing but a forced meme
>>
My Cousin finished art university....
he learned camera film & director... making short movies... quit his job as camera man to start his own career.... went broke

changed his name... actually the translation of his name to german.... sounds jewish
made a documentary about the 2.WW and jews...
gets for all sudden orders from big companys....

just to mention one of his small works....
where he earned 15.000 straight
make portraits for a calendar of young and successfull businessmen... Boom
>>
>>572023202
What?
>>
File: SorollaStylePic1290-p54-55.jpg (18KB, 300x254px) Image search: [Google]
SorollaStylePic1290-p54-55.jpg
18KB, 300x254px
>>572022089
>Od her dmile
>No one except Da Vinci was or is able to paint it that perfect
>I know because i was in a museum

Do tell us more, please.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.