[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has more knowledge of this

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 13

File: DMT3.jpg (69KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
DMT3.jpg
69KB, 500x355px
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has more knowledge of this subject.
When you dream, a chemical known as DMT is released through your pineal glands to create hallucinations that you see as you dream.
And when you die, DMT is released in large amounts into your brain creating a much stronger hallucination. Research also states that there is no limitation whatsoever as to what DMT can do.
There's a theory that states that as you die and this chemical is released into your brain, it creates something that could be related to the idea of the movie Inception. The 50 years in one night. In the lets say three seconds of you dying and the DMT being released into your brain, it could last for an eternity because time is just the way that your brain perceives it. In the period of time where you're hallucinating, it could create a perception of Heaven, Hell, Nirvana etc. It could create whatever you believed in as you lived and as you die, it brings your beliefs to life.
Thoughts about this, corrections, ideas, anything at all would help me.
>>
Shameless self-bump
>>
>>568500052
so i could really be dead like 1.3 seconds ago in real time and im just hallucinating right now?
>>
>>568501129
Well, there's an idea that all of us could be dead right now, and due to the DMT that got released, our one life that we had is just replaying over and over in our mind
>>
Don't know much on the particular subject but there's a documentary in Netflix on DMT it's pretty awesome. Some guy was out on it for like 15 minutes and he thought he was out for several thousand years
>>
>>568500052

That's pretty creative.

Though no matter how slow time is perecieved it would have to end at some point.
>>
>>568500052
There are no wormholes.

In 200 years they will see our physicists as we see alchemists.
>>
>>568502016
Well I didn't really state anything about worm holes.. It was just sort of a picture that I selected just to post to grab your attention.
Shoulda said pic unreleated, eh?
>>
>>568500052
I'd like to add onto what
>>568501690
is saying. Basically, no matter what, there is a limit to how much a brain can process at any given moment. A brain cannot process a million years of conscious existence within a second, or at least, if it can, there is currently no scientifically provable reason to believe so. Perception of time can only be stretched within reason, but not indefinitely.
>>
>>568500052

DMT does not make you dream. Dreams are something completely else, also, mass quantitives of DMTmakes you have very vivid and unnormal experiences,you don't have that during dreams. Also, the thing about DMT being released when you die, is just pure crap.

DMT makes the neurons in your occipitallobe overfuse, thus clocking the inhibitory function of the Prefrontal Cortex.

Though, when you die, your brain lacks oxygen, which also hits the PFC first, and many people who die, probably experience going to heaven or hell for an amount of time which can be experiened as being many years.

"Hell" is simply the brain forcing sensations upon you, so the body is hacked up, to show you that you don't exist, only experience does, a harsh way to enduce "ego-death".
>>
what a stupid thread. stop spreading misinformation because it sounds poetic. yes, we know there is endogenous dmt. no, we have no proof of when it is realesed or even if it is ever released in the enough amounts to be psychoactive.

you can't cite a single source for your claims op, that that is why you are a faggot
>>
>>568500052
>>568502298
>DMT does not make you dream.
THIS
you fucking retarded op didnt even do any research, just copypasted it from some stupid site for faggots. DMT created in our pineal gland DOESN'T make us high
>>
>>568500052
Your brain is not magic. You can not hallucinate your entire life in 1 minute because your brain can not process information that quickly. It may be possible for something to feel like it lasts a long time if it is not information intensive like you are sitting in a vast space feeling good and nothing is happening. I don't think this is likely though based on what we know about how the brain perceives time [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_perception]
>>
Go home kids.
>>
File: 1326254202304.jpg (3KB, 117x126px) Image search: [Google]
1326254202304.jpg
3KB, 117x126px
>>568500052
>it could last for an eternity because time is just the way that your brain perceives it
>>
I'd like to know how someone induced that DMT thing 2000 years ago, was both in hell and heaven, came back, wrote stories and created religion
>>
I have even better theory.
Max Tegmark proposed "experiment" similar to Shrodinger cat. You put quantum-effect triggered gun next to your head, but you will not
expierience getting shot. Your consciousness will
continue in universe iterations in which effect that triggered gun didn't happen.
Now imagine that anytime someone was supposed to die, he instead continued to live in another universe.
He may have died in universe you experience, and there may be universes in which other people
experienced your death.
You will experience living fuckin 999999 years due to technologial advances or some shit but everyone else will see you die at 60.

tl:dr reading is cool
>>
>>568503169

http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/can-dmt-connect-the-human-brain-to-a-parallel-universe/

he did copypasta from some stupid site for faggots
>>
>>568500052
Sick, I could see Nirvana play again.

brb killing self
>>
>>568500052

This reads like the ramblings of a pseudo-scientific stoner or burnout who is the "bright one" among a pack of losers.
>>
One time i experienced a total lack of oxygen to brain felt like nothing was conceptual i felt like a fucking baby
>>
>>568504664
Lmao on point
>>
I have experienced dmt and if there's one thing. Took from the experience is that our language is extremely underdeveloped , it was impossible to truly communicate what I saw .but I can tell you this I was unconscious in this world for no longer than five minutes and I felt like I lived an internenty basking in a pool of pure love . Stuff not to be played with or taken lightly .I believe that what OP is suggesting could be true
>>
>>568500052
>>When you dream, a chemical known as DMT is released through your pineal glands to create hallucinations that you see as you dream. And when you die, DMT is released in large amounts into your brain creating a much stronger hallucination. Research also states that there is no limitation whatsoever as to what DMT can do.

according to zero research by anyone ever except complete fucking clown Rick Strassman, who OP watched on youtube
>>
>>568504136
lol as a physicist I can assure you that you are an idiot.
If the many worlds interpretation is correct then "you" would have lived in all the other worlds anyway all you did was create a chance of removing yourself from this universe. If not you created a x(whatever probability you set up) chance of yourself dying.

Tl;dr. You are a moron using things you don't understand to try to sound smart. Stop.
>>
>>568503267
also this x1000
>>
Piece of info, the brain is still active for seven minutes after the heart stops beating.
>>
>>568501557
you remember the name or what to search for on the flix? Sounds like something I would be interested in watching
>>
THERE IS NO DMT. THERE IS ONLY ME.
>>
>>568504034
>created religion
>2000 years ago
It's times like these where I wish we could have intelligent discussion without the mentally retarded getting in the way.
>>
>>568501129
dude,,,,
You kind of midfucked me.

As a strong feminist, I'm gonna report you to cyber police for this offence
>>
>>568500052
i like this. on a physical and scientific level, this makes 100% more sense than religion well done
>>
File: tobfcd3.png (1MB, 1576x1397px) Image search: [Google]
tobfcd3.png
1MB, 1576x1397px
Maybe? I can talk out of my Cula.
>>
>>568505373
Do you have something to add?
>>
>>568504664
Right the fuxk on!
>>
>>568504359
i used dmt and i know it's magical and shit but can you quote where on that site it says it makes us dream?
>>
>>568500052
This is a valid theory, but the concept of what happens after death is much different. This coincides with people who have near death experiences and see heaven or hell afterwards, and it "changes their life", which a major psychedelic trip can do to you.
>>
>>568500052
it will only last for a few seconds. until the brain really stopped working.
>>
>>568500052
Well you can actually smoke DMT (or take it some other way) and you'll trip balls (for like 10 minutes).
But I think nothing that changes your perception of time like that, OP.
>>
>>568505328
piece of complete bullshit, you heard somewhere, you mean?
>>
>>568505648

You do not know the definition of theory in a scientific sense.
>>
>>568500052
DMT is metabolized by the brain within 15 minutes
therefore it can not last for eternity, even though that would be fucking awesome!
>>
>>568505643

its in the comments you gotta click it a few times till you find it.
>>
>>568500052
In this thread:
>A bunch of unoriginal, physics-bound, close minded faggots.
Seriously...
OP you sound like my friend, and if you are shoot me a text.
As if anyone here has a better grasp on spacetime than they do the smoke that is blown out their ass when they tout off their "knowledge".
Your opinions are delightful and your criticism of opinion insane.
And you fucks wonder why aliens will never visit you.
>>
>>568505220
>You are a moron using things you don't understand to try to sound smart. Stop.

Says the self proclaimed "physicist"
>>
>>568500052
>when you die, DMT is released in large amounts into your brain creating a much stronger hallucination

when you die, you're dead. no perception.
>>
>>568505648
a valid theory if you get to completely fucking make up the meaning of valid theory
>>
>>568504925
Jesus dude, every time I've tripped on doses of DMT in the form of Ayahuasca I basked in pure fucking love and ecstasy. The best part was soaking in the incomprehensible fractals and embodying a space where there weren't even 3 dimensions. I can agree that language is severely underdeveloped. I could feel it breaking down as I talked during my trips.
>>
>>568505559
That regardless of whether or not one is religious, it is foolish to conclude that religion was "invented" 2000 years ago by one person. Now perhaps you were being sarcastic, but there was so much false information and "assumptions" in the post I was referring to that it makes you look like a troll, regardless of whether or not you had something constructive to add. Then again, this is /b/.
>>
File: 1410540609704.jpg (2MB, 3649x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1410540609704.jpg
2MB, 3649x2000px
>>568500052
>And when you die, DMT is released in large amounts into your brain creating a much stronger hallucination.

scientific source on this?
>>
File: truck_helmet.jpg (79KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
truck_helmet.jpg
79KB, 720x960px
>>568506159
proof?
or you just pulling shit out your ass?
>>
>>568506175
and I was waiting for this. now I can go to bed. thx.
>>
File: davidthejetplane.jpg (120KB, 512x345px) Image search: [Google]
davidthejetplane.jpg
120KB, 512x345px
>>568505040
THIS

If OP can show us peer reviewed articles that even remotely brings up the principles mentioned in his opening post... I'll read it

Dreams are a fucking amazing window into our subconscious. As a matter of fact, dreams ARE the visual manifestation of our subconscious. To say released DMT is the cause of our dreams, and out of body experiences only pushes REAL research back via misinformation and acceptance to obvious pseudoscience.
>>
>>568500052
Pretty interesting topic, OP. Thanks for giving me something to think about :)
>>
>>568501557
>>568505351
i think its called DMT the spirit molecule maybe?
its about a study done by dr rick strassman.
book is very interesting aswell!
>>
File: faggot.jpg (8KB, 197x197px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
8KB, 197x197px
>>568505220
>as a physicist
pic of diploma+time stamp or stay a faggot

>>568506158
+1
>>
>>568504664
So much this.
>Brah, what if getting high actually does universe stuff
>woooooaaaah dude, you are blowing my mind right now
>>
>>568505373
"it could create a perception of Heaven, Hell, Nirvana etc. It could create whatever you believed in as you lived and as you die"
So it was not me who took this discussion to religions. I think my point is still valid
>>
>>568505351
Dmt the spirit molecule netflix
>>
>>568506092
yea and comment are wrote by some faggots from facebook
>>
>>568506110
>physics-bound
Perhaps the most astute observation in this entire shit-filled thread.
>>
TFW tards think brain is something special

tfw you design neural nets daily

tfw this reads like african tribe mysticism

please

stop

writing
>>
>>568500052
DMT Spirit Molecue watch it.
>>
>>568500052
Op you are seriously swag. Roflcopter xD. I smoked one time and seriously it was so swag. LMAO. Totally we could live forever on this, SO Lol to all the HATERS. LMFAO! XD
>>
>>568506232
Well yeah, just don't take it too literally. I don't know exactly when christianity can be said to be born (Anyway it was not a POOF - hey christianity here!)

Anyway. These concepts of heaven and hell. Somebody invented them. OP claims it could come from this DMT thing. But if it happens when you die, how can you come back to tell others? If experience is different for everyone who manages to come back, how do you write a book about it?
>>
>>568501557
>>568506489
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340425/
review is pretty bad hmm
>>
>>568504664
You shouldn't insult the star families sonny.
>>
>>568506110
nigga you high?
>>
File: aavincent1.jpg (856KB, 1000x836px) Image search: [Google]
aavincent1.jpg
856KB, 1000x836px
>>568500052
I though about the possibility of this going inception mode: dream within dream within dream... for infinity.

But thats not possible because:
The brain works though electrical signal.
Even in a dream, the lenght of what the dream feels like is determined by the speed of which electrical signals can travel back and forth in the real world.

Furthermor, when thinking about it:
For a "whole" experience, there have to be shittons of signals. Meaning the brain is limited by size and how it works.

All in all:
Even if you have this DMT dream experience in the last 5 seconds of your death, you'll probably experience what feel like a week at most.
>>
>>568506489
>>568505351
>>568506602
while you're at it, though, see if strassman has made any progress demonstrating ANY of his claims in humans. it's all based on his claim to have found DMT in the brains of rabbit pineal glands. then read about rene descarte, who had a much better excuse for having such a retarded idea (it being 400 years ago)
>>
>>568507029
>tfw tards think the braint is NOT something special
>tfw people devote their whole life to studying the brain and barely know shit about it
>tfw mankind has made such progress by using only small % of the brain
>>
>>568506542
The point I meant is that religion existed far before 2000 years ago. So many ancient manuscripts and documents point to the existence of religion into thousands of years B.C. And to say that all religion was created by one person...is more than a ridiculous notion. So it doesn't seem like you really had a point to begin with other than "DMT can create a hallucination of Heaven and Hell". This is plausible, but not for the commonly accepted definitions of Heaven and Hell. By this I mean depictions from many different people that are about mostly the same type of thing. So one person may take DMT and experience an other worldly experience, but this does not account for the origins of our perceptions of Heaven and Hell separately. In short, DMT causes trips to Limbo, not trips to Heaven and Hell.
>>
>>568507390
ive read the book because i was interested in the topic. dont know if i saw the movie before or after reading though.
i dont think its bad
>>
>>568506306
none, ever, by anybody. literally. not even rick strassman, who is in the stupid movie. he hasn't even tried. he just gives lectures on what he "thinks" is happening.
>>
>>568507992
Christianity was born after jesus. It was based on judaism afaik. Anyway, it's not the fucking point. 2000 years, 4000 years fucking 10000 years its all the same
>>
>>568507758
dude youre talking to the wrong guy here
other than 90% of /b/ i have zero fucking interest in arguing over random bullshit on the internet.
so while im at it, i dont give any fucks if he made any progress demonstrating....
afaik he could not make a second study, but im not sure about that.
the book aswell as the movie were interesting to me since it gave me something to work with. as of now, i make my own experiences with DMT therefore i dont really give a shit what people say about it, who never tried it.
again, im not trying to bait you into an argument, since im really not interested in arguing on /b/
>>
>>568507980
>tfw idiot trying to appear smart
>tfw writes about people using small % of brain
>tfw every uneducated retard knows it's a myth

please, don't write about things you have 0 knowledge about
>>
>>568508576
oh excuse me you clearly have full knowledge and understanding of how the brain works
then go and collect your nobel prize and call me then
ktnxbai
>>
>>568500052
Thus your own self-conscience makes the judgement of Heaven, Hell, etc. Pretty cool.
>>
>>568500052
You nigga know nothing about evolution. Why would we have a mechanism like this:
>" three seconds of you dying and the DMT being released into your brain"
Have you heard about natural selection? This can't be originated by natural selection, nigg.
>>
Op, sounde like you've been watching Waking Life. If not, watch that shit.
>>
>>568500052
So what if you die by getting your brain blown out?
>>
>>568507103
I seem to have misunderstood you. As for your questions about Christianity and the Bible, I can vouch for those. Christianity was not "created" by one singular person. It was originally Judaism until Jesus of Nazareth came around circa 2000 years ago (ergo BC - before Christ and AD - anon domini) and proclaimed to be the Son of God. Judaism split between those who believed Jesus (Christians) and those who didn't (Jews). And the Bible, well it was written by a number of people as separate books originally intended to chronicle the history of Judaism (Old Testament) and later of Jesus and the disciples (New Testament). Because of the number of witness reports and documents, it can be historically concluded that Jesus did exist, but the question in debate is whether or not Jesus was indeed the Son of God. Hopefully this answers your question.
>>
>>568500052
god man cut the hippie bullshit. this is clearly the drugs talking.
>>
lastknights.com

//////
>>
>>568500052
Nigger have you even done DMT? It's more of an infinite array of patterns and beautiful matrices than anything you described
>>
>>568508831
yeah I clearly have to have the full knowledge abou t brain to argue with a shitter that has 0 knowledge about it

I design systems that emulate brain behaviours. Something you have 0 experience and knowledge about. It's just funnny arguing with someone who thinks he has any right to write about the topic.
>>
wut if in the 3 seconds of dmt your mind exists forever in a state of what you're hallucinating? and there are multiple realities and to the people that are "actually" dead are really just living in their own time?
;ooo
>>
Yet to be concious of these hallucinations takes processing, which takes time.

Even at the fastest possible speed, it would still be slow as fuck.
>>
>>568508831
you dont get a nobel price for knowing that the small% usage of your brain is a myth. thats common sense
>>
>>568500052
When you die the DMT trip you experience is the same you experience at birth; you are transferred into a new body. I don't know about the length of the trip though.

I re-experienced my DMT trip I had at birth during my first LSD trip. That's how I realized.
>>
no because when you die your brain shuts down
>>
>>568509159
close your fucking eyes next time and you will go way beyond the beautiful patterns
>also breakthrough
>>
>>568509309
see>>568507029
>>
>>568509159
That's just the door. Have you ever broken through on dmt?
>>
Your brain doesn't make DMT jackass. It's a drug that was synthesized in 1931.
>>
I triple OD'd on DMT... and snorted a large line of it.

You learn that this dimension isnt "final"
Trust me there is a life after death- or rather higher and more expansive realities.

Like your mind is your prison.

Anyways I would hop forward in time- hop backwards in time- time would streach- time would loop... like crazy experiences...

And thats the crazy thing about DMT is like "you keep your perceptional awareness in the same 'SPACE' but time is now a variable you can play with- like I could like at my watch in would be like 330 am... and then flash I could relive basically eating a piece of pizza I ate a half ago.

.You are actually able to start "creating dimensions"... and you can visit OTHER dimensions... meaning like the DMT Ayuhausca video on youtube is pretty accurate.

Like you can switch from being inside your body. To outside of your body like 3rd person perspective. To being everything.

You kind of become like "an ameoba"

Anyways- I actually had an experience on DMT in one night that manifested itself over the course of 2.5 years.

It was crazy. BUT point being is you can create your reality- choose your habits and influences... RIGHT DOWN TO YOUR THOUGHTS. Carefully
>>
>>568509241
>emulate brain behaviors
this has nothing to do with the actual things happening inside your brain noone knows what actually happens except the person who experiences it and while you might notice some patterns this tells you nothing about the brain. Because noone knows even OP's theory is possible
tl;dr you don't know shit about the brain cause noone knows
>>
does anyone know the easiest way to make DMT without doing anything illegal?
>>
>>568500052
As a thought experiment, even if a perception altering drug was released into the brain, we wouldn't be able to experience any kind of eternity, because the process of forming thoughts and experiencing things is not instantanneous. In fact, it would be complicated for the brain to go much faster than it already does. During your life, the brain is not in a dormant state of any kind, so such an acceleration of all those processes would be uncanny.
BTW cut the small % of the brain crap.
>>
>>568500052
just do dmt smh
>>
>>568506306
>>568508149
There's no proof of what OP is saying to be true. But he's not the only one who has been thinking of this. And for a reason. It is proven, that when we die, DMT is released in large quantities in our brains. Much larger, than the amount needed for a nice trip. Why is that? Our whole body and everything that happens in it is a pretty damn fine-tuned "mechanism". Everything that happens in our bodies, happens for a reason. So why is it that DMT is released in our brains when we die?

OP is not claiming to 'know' this for sure. It's just a theory. But imo, a pretty interesting one, since it's the closest to any logical explanation of what happens when we die.
>>
>>568509896
schedule 1 drug
>without anything illegal
okay.png
>>
>>568509896
hero?
>>
People trash talking DMT have obviously never done it before.

Move along.
>>
I made an extraction a few years ago. At first it was really fun cause you could just smoke a hit or 2 and be like on acid for 5 minutes, but one night I dared take the third and I had the most monumental peak of significance. It changed everything. I never smoked any since then, I'm kind of too scared to open that many doors again.
>>
>>568501404
I think about this all the damn time
>>
File: 516.jpg (58KB, 780x586px) Image search: [Google]
516.jpg
58KB, 780x586px
I'm going to repeat myself... Here goes:

When you die the DMT trip you experience is the same you experience at birth; you are transferred into a new body. I don't know about the length of the trip though.

I re-experienced my DMT trip I had at birth during my first LSD trip. That's how I realized.
>>
File: 1375743486868.jpg (41KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1375743486868.jpg
41KB, 720x480px
>>568502298
THIS, THIS, GOD ALMIGHTY, THIS!

People need to stop perpetuating this pseudoscience. Dreams occur during REM sleep cycles, and they have nothing whatsoever to do with DMT. Neither does an orgasm, or birth.
>>
>>568506541
Don't hate, appreciate
>>
>>568509896
There are plants you can order offline that aren't illegal to purchase that have DMT in them. You can order them and refine it to DMT crystals or brew, it's illegal to refine, but no ones gonna know. There's also a plant that looks like grass that has DMT in it, you could grow a bunch in pots or in your garden and no one would notice.
>>
>>568510238
Yeah I've thought about that aswell.

But what do you expect us to say? Whoa Anon, thanks for enlightening us!? You can't prove any of that.
>>
>>568510372

If you do this, please be careful. Do your research. It's really easy to get caught if you don't prepare properly. It's also easy to hurt yourself considering the chemicals you have to work with.

-don't do it in dorm rooms/shared living spaces
-don't tell ANYONE
-personal use only, do not sell DMT. it is not something to be sold

there are guides out there, you can find them yourselves.
>>
>>568509886
epic

you keep saying we know nothing about it because YOU know nothing about it. The fact is we learned a lot from brain biology and someone who knows this can actually hold the discussion on the subject.

Meanwhile you have absolutely 0 idea how this all works and you still try to argue you have right to talk.

the end, either educate yourself or go to a topic that you can elaborate on - for example your favorite mcdonalds hamburgers etc
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 769x780px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 769x780px
>>568510143

Ya I think it's a reality engine. Maybe deem is honing chemical so when you die 'they' can know where you are whoever they are and you get plucked outta the matrix and flushed down the tube. Then Morpheus feeds you a watermelon and says you is Neo
>>
>>568508862
Well, actually... it may be that this feature could have been inherited "by mistake", just because the genetic markers for that physiological event are in the same place of the genome that some other important genes who may really have a sense to be inherited following natural selection.

tl;dr no need to be that way, but also speculation.
>>
>>568505543
I don't understand some of these options
>>
>>568509896

you can order mimosa tenuiflora seeds easily and grow the plant yourself.
>>
>>568509972
>Everything that happens in our bodies, happens for a reason
Don't mistake "cause" with "reason".
Biology just isn't that neat, and millions of years of evolution from self-replicating molecules to modern man has not been a steady lineage of steps forward.
There is no reason at all that an event that occurs literally at the moment of death would be subject to selective pressure. It makes no sense for evolution to work that way.
All that would make sense would be if it is part of a longer cascade of changes that can avert imminent death and survive long enough to procreate.
That seems pretty unlikely to me.
>>
>>568504034
Hey Jaden Smith, just keep reading. Don't state your opinion just read.
>>
>>568508309
See 568508985
>>
Everybody is in such a ruch to
>>
>>568510617
funny thing is you also have 0 idea of how this works and this is your field lmao
what can you explain about the brain except a bunch of chemical names?
can you explain sleep? dreams?
can you explain emotions?
it's funny how you delude yourself that you know something and you are so blind to see that mankind has very little knowledge on this subject
>>
>>568500052
You might want to check out Biocentrism

Biocentrism states that life and biology are central to being, reality, and the cosmos — life creates the universe rather than the other way around.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biocentric_universe
>>
Everybody seems to be in such a rush to leave this world...

If you really want to know and understand what happens, you can always an hero.
>>
>>568508309
Damn I mistyped. I meant see >>568508985
>>
>>568510629

Maybe it's like mitochondria in the cell? That's what TM was on about mushrooms; seeing as large bodies of mycelium act like neuronetworks responding to environmental changes like fires and floods. Could be we incorporated this network into our genetics and got the basic ideas of computerlike reasoning. AW mentioned the brain is merely a way for the stomach to get food which is seen all the way down the line as neural advancement is secondary to food intake from the cell on up. Really at the end of the day it's whatever story flies with your programming.
>>
>>568509896
>guise how do I manufacture a schedule I hallucinogen without doing anything illegal?
>>
>>568511202
>life created the place the life exists before life existed
Okay.
>>
>>568510629
>it may be that this feature could have been inherited "by mistake"
Not any single gene is inherited "on purpose", behaviour selects phenotypes and you hope for a decent enough bag of genotypes to have a healthy child.
The biological processes of inheritance are mostly up to chance.
>>
>>568510871
There's no reason that it wouldn't be passed along all the way through evolution. You can't possibly know what's the ultimate questions and purposes of life, and what's the most precious aspects that evolution "chooses" to protect.. By evolving.

And that's saying evolution is true in the first place. Anyone could make up that story. There's still no actual proof that would undoubtedly prove evolution. If you believe in evolution BLINDLY, you're no better than any blind religiousfag on earth.
>>
>>568511084
yeah, I can make restricted boltzmann machine dream. I can teach it a generalized function of visual data and then make it dream to reconstruct the visual input - and it will create new examples of the data based on the function it has learned.

also all of these layered structures. I can make them recognize human emotion from faces and I can do it faster than humans. I can teach it recognizing music mood. I can teach it play video games better than humans.

Funny thing you think this is impossible. Guess what, anyone who is knows basics could do it. But since you have absolutely 0 knowledge, you claim it's impossible.

ebin retard
>>
File: Limitless-1-007.jpg (23KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Limitless-1-007.jpg
23KB, 460x276px
>>568500052
I think you're one retarded hippy who's own actual thoughts are akin to pseudo intellectual bullshit and are limited to thinking about trippy drugs and the nature of life without actually bothering to try to fucking figure anything out.
this whole concept is not worth thinking about
get some self awareness

>Research also states that there is no limitation whatsoever as to what DMT can do.
>research states
>states
>there is no limitation whatsoever
>>
>>568508862
Well, actually... it may be that this feature could have been inherited "by mistake", just because the genetic markers for that physiological event are in the same place of the genome that some other important genes who may really have a sense to be inherited following natural selection.

tl;dr no need to be that way, but also speculation.
>>
>>568511464
well that's what I meant, I said "by mistake" due to a lack of a better word. So yeah.
>>
>>568500052
Is there any scientific evidence that DMT is the cause of dreaming?
>>
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-death_experience
>>
>>568511491
I don't think you know what evolution is.
I'm taking about how a phenotype expressed at death would be seen as desirable to a mate, are you gonna get a fuck and pass on your genes because you're on a DMT trip for a few seconds before death?
If not, it's not under selective pressure, and therefore it's not a biological process that has evolved by natural selection. It's most likely a redundant mechanism. If the genes associated with that particular event can be elucidated then we could talk about what the process exactly is, and perhaps how it might have developed as a chemical pathway that could increase fitness in an evolutionary ancestor.
>>
>>568509315

WAT. Explain in detail. For science.
>>
>>568510238
You should give a in depth write up of it
>>
>>568511509
I never said it's impossible I was mind boggled that a person who studies the brain claims how simple it is because it is quite the opposite. The more you learn about it the more you realize how complicated and unique it is. This is the thing at which machines will never surpass humans the uniqueness of the brain. Sure you can make a machine dream or devise an algorithm which could teach it to recognize patterns such as music and similar things, but you can never achieve the unpredictability of the human brain. It's just incredible.
>>
>>568500052
Holy fuck, I'm sorry but is there ANY evidence whatsoever that DMT is released when you are born, die, or anything at all? As far as I know, DMT is an EXTREMELY trace neurotransmitter considered to have a negligible effect on human consciousness unless you smoke it?
>>
>>568509315
>I re-experienced my DMT trip I had at birth during my first LSD trip
Sorry to disappoint you, but that was an LSD trip, not a recapitulation of birthing.
I love LSD, but don't take the emotional impact of it as evidence for anything other than your brain's ability to experience extraordinarily complex things.
>>
>>568511491
>There's still no actual proof that would undoubtedly prove evolution
>>
>>568512701
Yeah, I decided not to pursue that one.
I find it easier to just bring the topic back to genetic inheritance because with enough understanding evolution is just a logical step rather than a cognitive leap.
>>
>>568512470
brain isn't required for intelligence. upcoming revolutions in machine learning will give us strong ai in the next 10-15 years - i am 100% sure of it

there's no physical law that says the processes in the brain cannot be replicated OR for that matter taht these processes are the only way to achieve strong AI.

anyway I am exited for the upcoming years it will change humanity forever
>>
>>568512174
So you're saying the only purpose of us reproducing and evolving, is simply to endlessly and pointlessly reproduce and evolve? I find it more logical that evolution is not all about getting a easier fuck.
>>
>>568512701
>there's even less proof of anything being talked about in this thread
>>
>>568505220
>CVZeDthz

Tl;dr. you are a dick head for assuming anon was "trying to sound smart".
>>
>>568500052
>And when you die, DMT is released in large amounts into your brain creating a much stronger hallucination

there is no proof of this
>>
>>568500052
>>/x/
>>
>>568512692
Agreed. I've taken enough LSD to become one with the universe and then proceeded to run screaming into the woods. Even though it does bestow a unique sort of tabula rasa experience I don't think it could even compare to the mindfuck of being born into a new human body. I mean, babies must have the ultimate fucking trip. They must trip like no other. And death? I doubt there's anything LSD-like about death, to be honest. I just can't see the connection, and I've done a LOT of drugs.
>>
>>568500052

I have thought of this OP, the same shit that you say about DMT, but it isn't possible because time in lucid dreams is dictated by how things progress, not by how time is really happening. In fact if nothings happen you will feel it is instantly, but if many things happen you will feel it's an eternity.

So, for things like heaven, hell, your belief,s etc, they are so fucking unstable that you can't mantain a framework of them in a lucid dream long enough to make contradictions. Enough contradictions and the lucid dream will fall apart.

The same will happen when you die I guess, but it isn't too important, you will die anyway so better think on life. There will be time to think about death later.
>>
>>568513008
I mean. Even a fucking fruit fly and human has almost 60% of identical genes.
>No proof of evolution whatsoever in my ass
>>
When you die, many off your hands release. This can include chemicals in the nervous system which then produce a variety of feelings and sensations.
>>
>>568513258
How is that proof of evolution though?
>>
>>568513042
This is untrue. DMT is never released by your brain on purpose, only as a trace metabolite or precursor to other compounds. DMT is a drug that hippies smoke to experience God and there's nothing wrong with that but it is utterly wrong to believe that DMT is produced naturally in the human brain as part of any life/death experience.
>>
>>568512856
It's not like we can watch bacteria evolve in petri dishes or anything. Except oh wait we did that years ago.

Hey guys arguing to have extremely certain knowledge of how neurotransmitters are released during death, show me a single instance of anyone tracking these releases! DMT being released during dreams and death would be /extremely/ easy to verify and quantify! I WONDER WHY NO ONE HAS!
>>
>>568512894
Depends on what you understand as intelligence. If you understand it as being able to solve extremely hard problems for a short amount of time then sure you don't need it and we've proven that through the creation of computers. But I think true intelligence in the sense of being able to make decisions for yourself based on all the circumstances is way too complicated to be replicated. If you think about all the things that affect a decision you make such as past experiences, memories, senses, emotions they all affect your decision making process. And these emotions and sense and memories are all stored up in your brain from your lifelong experience - something which is nearly impossible to be recreated.
>>
>>568513613
>It's not like we can watch bacteria evolve in petri dishes or anything. Except oh wait we did that years ago.
I understand that can be proven. But bacteria /= humans.
>>
>>568513476
I don't know how much "proof" you want but I believe its very strong evidence of common ancestors
>>
>>568512986
No, evolution is just a name for what happens when genes are passed on through generations, and natural selection is how it happens.
Purpose doesn't come into it, there's no "why" for how stars are formed or babies are born. It's just a wonderful thing that happens.

>I find it more logical that evolution is not all about getting a easier fuck.

The logic is as follows:

evolution is the gradual change in the genes in a population
so, you need to pass on your genes
so, you must survive long enough to pass them on
and you need to survive well enough compared to the rest of the population to be a probable mate

therefore, evolution is just about fucking (and producing children that can survive to sexual maturity and produce more children and so on forever).
>>
>>568513886
>bacteria /= humans.
well put. However, the basic principles of survival and reproduction are the same.
They evolve in basically the same way we do or anything else does.
>>
>>568513886
All organisms evolve the same way, genetics are selected for by environmental conditions. Bacteria only do it faster, not differently. Having more cells doesn't matter when they are all using the same genetics.

I will say that I agree that large releases of DMT during death could theoretically end up being genetically programmed by evolution, even if only by having been built into deep patterns of neurostructure. Perhaps when neurological systems were first evolving centralization or something similarly distant. This would require that never having been changed as evolution went on, and that would be extremely unlikely.

The more important point here is secondary to all this. Everything you are arguing for is based on nothing. No science leads to this. These claims are kind of just thoughts that people try to justify believing. Maybe there is a parallel to the profound spiritual experiences DMT provides in death, but maybe that is a more direct interaction of your spirit with whatever you perceive on DMT? At that point you enter spiritual discussion, I think a much more relevant place for this kind of topic.

I have had these experiences myself, DMT has given me everything I know about spirituality. I am also a Cellular/Molecular Biology major.
>>
Time is relative. Spirit is eternal. Like moving in town or space things get a little distorted. It possible to trancent the dimensions and go where you need to go when given the proper tools. Just go with it and stop being fags.
>>
Chexk out a movie,called Into The Void, its about a guy who died and his,journey on DMT, i believe the directors name is Gaspar Noe or some,shit
>>
I do it a lot never felt like that
>>
>>568515796
You're doing it wrong faggot. If reality isn't melting into time-trancendent spiritual geometric fractals, you fucked up.
>>
>>568514606
I might have used the wrong words here. But alright.

Still, what I see as the problem, is what you just branded as a wonderful thing that happens. In this universe, where literally everything follows some sort of rules, and thus has some sort of predictability, like our whole solar system and a whole lot more complex systems in the universe, you're saying it all "just is"? It exists for no reason at all? I find that very illogical, considering there's a purpose for pretty much anything we can observe. And evolution is only a part of that big picture.

I got so sidetracked here though I don't even know what I'm arguing about anymore.
>>
>>568516108
>fractals
speaking of, I vaguely recall someone saying they are caused by the way our brain tries to detect the edges of objects.
>>
>>568513886
>But bacteria /= humans.

Not arguing but just stating a fun fact. Human bacteria outnumber human cells 10 to 1
>>
>>568515739
Enter the Void you mean? Pretty amazing movie though, yeah.
>>
>>568516387
>considering there's a purpose for pretty much anything we can observe
A cause, certainly. A purpose? Not really. There's no evidence at all for some grand plan to be in action, and honestly a lot of evidence that there isn't.
It can seem that way though, but that's just because all of the circumstances that got us here, got us here. No need to say that the circumstances that got us here are part of a plan though. Indeed, if there was a plan I'm sure it would have been a better one than living in a world where evolution means killing bacteria makes bacteria harder to kill, or a universe where such an insignificant proportion can sustain life...
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.