[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death thread >what you think comes after death. >what

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 38

File: 1406078169994.jpg (392KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1406078169994.jpg
392KB, 2000x3000px
Death thread

>what you think comes after death.
>what you hope / wish comes after death
>what you are afraid comes after death

I start:

Just like before you were born

Reincarnation

Purgatory. Conscious nothingness in a black room would suck.
>>
>>559828402
I'm pretty sure this is purgatory.
>>
>>559828402
Nothing.
Dunno really. An ETERNITY anywhere would fucking suck even harder than ceasing to exist forever, so "heaven" sounds like shit. Not sure what other "options" there are to choose from.
Probably an eternity anywhere (doesn't matter if it's heaven or hell), you would go mad eventually and then it wouldn't be fun anymore.
>>
>>559828587
The life we are living right now?
>>
nothing
something
nothing
>>
http://youtu.be/-xCFoJ0aywc
>>
>>559828640
Yeah, i know how you feel! I dont understand people wishing for immortality. Dont they realize how fuckinh long 1000 years are? Or that theywill have to float through space for millions of years after the sun dies?
>>
>>559828402
Your body is a spacesuit.
When it dies, you return to the evermore.
From there, you can either flow into a new spacesuit, or stay in the evermore for as long as you'd like.

Don't ask me how I know this.
>>
File: 1406109896606.jpg (270KB, 852x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1406109896606.jpg
270KB, 852x1136px
>>
>>559828402
DMT is released when you die so i think your mind captures those brief moments and your relative time lasts forever.
anything I want really, like a sandbox or some and a what if machine that i can say "what if..." and it would show me or a replay of everything that happened on earth so i can witness everything just crazy shit
Christian Heaven/Hell just seems dull and very unrealistic and if that was the case i would be depressed
>>
>>559829403
how do you know this?
>>
File: 1379872452030.jpg (32KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1379872452030.jpg
32KB, 604x453px
Some sort of last vision/last "life experience"
An existence of total bliss with absolutely no negativity.
Nothing, or a repetition of life (Hell), or being reincarnated into a non sentient being.
>>
Rebirth or nothing
All your friends are with you as whatever age they wish to look like, Everyones happy and shit kinda like heaven even though I don't believe in it
Limbo
>>
>>559828684
/b/
>>
File: 1406762947546.jpg (752KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1406762947546.jpg
752KB, 1000x1500px
>>559829731
What excactly is Limbo?
>>
>>559830091
a fgt game
>>
>>559829403
>>559829698

Don't ask me that.

Your spacesuit has its own memory system, and is semi-autonomous. This is what it experiences as its day-to-day life and thoughts.

It is separated from your true self, the soul.

Your soul plans your whole life before you are even born, and then watches from above, steering you into a collision course with destiny.

Life is fun.
>>
I've been going on 2 theories for a really long time:

1. You arrive in purgatory where a spiritual being/entity is in charge of reviewing your life and your decisions with you. They tell you that, knowing what you know, you're going to be reborn again. But you have to make a decision: Do you want to be reborn knowing all the things that you currently know? Do you want to keep your memories, everything you know and hold dear, all your love and all your hate? In which case, you have a secondary choice: Do you wish to live again as a newborn or to simply "wake up" from this "dream" knowing that you have a chance to start over from when you should have died?

Or do you want to restart? Do you want to be reborn, as you were, ignorant to all the truths of the world?

OR

2. You simply ARE just reborn. No collection of everything. But you AREN'T you again. Suddenly you're a dirt poor African child. Or you're a wealthy aristocrat in another era. It doesn't matter. You simply "wake up" so to speak, and as if you never knew anything else.
>>
File: 1406670793852s.jpg (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1406670793852s.jpg
5KB, 250x250px
>>559830149
I know that game, but im pretty sure he means something else
>>
>>559828402
Well If it was consciousness in black room with nothingness. That'd be pretty fun, You could create anything you want.
>>
>>559828402
>>what you think comes after death.
Nothing really. It's gonna suck. Good thing I'm spending my time here well on /b/ lel
>>what you hope / wish comes after
Go someplace nice. Be able to traverse the universe. Relax.
death
Limbo/hell sort of thing. Seeing Jesus and realizing THOSE FAGGOTS WERE RIGHT.
>>
>>559828402
why do i want to put my tongue up her asshole? i mean, what biological purpose does that serve? it doesnt make any sense.
>>
I dont understand why people are afraid of experiencing nothing, you dumb faggots dont understand that experiencing nothingness is completely different to just closing your eyes and seeing black for eternity. Have you ever been knocked out? The time between blacking out and waking up is the experience of nothingness, complete void, true nothingness. If i were to descrivbe nothingness, i would say that it feels the way you felt before you were born. You guys are retarded to think that you will still be conscience and able to think once you die.
>>
Nothing. Causality dictates what happens. You poof away.
>>
>>559828402
nothing
nothing
something
>>
File: 1390199939325.jpg (165KB, 1000x813px) Image search: [Google]
1390199939325.jpg
165KB, 1000x813px
The same as before you were born, and shouldn't be feared, total oblivion.
>>
>>559830834
Because this would lube her up and would make it easier to penetrate her. I know how you feel. Dem thick fat thigs *.*
>>
I've been into OOBE for like 7 years and I can say that I think I know it. Amazing shit.
>>
like before born

like before born

afterlife
>>
File: 1405986360869.jpg (229KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1405986360869.jpg
229KB, 600x800px
>>559831095
How can I try it? Is it dangerous?
>>
>>559830636
Nothingness doesnt equal being conscience and seeing black. Thats like saying when you die the only difference is you cant move and you cant open your eyes, thats not death thats not even a coma. Nothingness is unconscienceness, and being unconscience is not being able to think what so ever, the complete inability for your brain to function. If death is just a dark room of conscienceness, then why dont we remember any of the eternity we experienced before we were born? Because we arent conscience beofre we're born and we wont once we die. Once you die itll be like you werent even born in the first place.
>>
File: HONK HONK.jpg (48KB, 342x350px) Image search: [Google]
HONK HONK.jpg
48KB, 342x350px
>>559828402

I believe you wake up in a giant theatre with everyone you ever met. doesnt matter if they were a family member or a random person you walked by one the street that one time you went to disneyland, they are all there. the main event is an entire screening of your life from the moment you were conceived to death. every thought, sense, and moment will be relived with you and the audience while you wait for reincarnation.

>mfw everyone will see all the gay shit ive done
>>
>>559830317
brlliant.
moar please
>>
>anything's possible
>happiness
>an eternity of /b/
>>
I have a unique view on death. It is belief that in our life we die multiple times. And each time we die per se, an alternate timeline occurs without us. For example, one day you could be working and experience extreme chest pains, the pain builds and builds, until it stops very anti-climacticaly. This is the point in which a death occurs. Infact i belive this only stops when we reach a point were it is impossible to avoid death. For example old age, or some sort of death due to health.
>>
>>559831262
It can scare the shit out of you. This is like a whole new world. But trust me it will change your life and beliefs for sure. Start by reading R.Monroe books and visit some websites.
>>
File: gPBuAgl.gif (1MB, 316x195px) Image search: [Google]
gPBuAgl.gif
1MB, 316x195px
>>559828402
One
>You've just died, but you're given a way to analyse your life in depth and out of the many decisions you've made in your life, you get to alter ONE and then live your life onward again from that altered decision. (obviously with only memories of your life up to that point)
>The butterfly effect would keep everything ncie and varied, not that anyone who's living a similar life to the previous one would even know and/or give two shits.
>If you die "tragically young" and decide to fuck Darwinism, then just go back a minute before you died and DON'T try and limbo under a train or whatever the fuck and live your boring old stupid life etc.
>Or if maybe you've grown old with your highschool sweetheart, died and always wished you'd fucked your best friends sister instead of going on that date with her, go do that! and accidentally knock her up and go live a completely different (and probably miserable) life paying child support and barely eating.

Or Two (this one is for those starving African motherfuckers)
>just reroll and hope the water where you live isn't dirtier than your black third-world ass.

obviously I don't believe any of this shit.
it'd just be nice.
I think I'll decide to kill someone I hate in my next life, I'll join a prison gang or something.
>>
>>559828402
Nothing, it ends.. we only exist because of chemical reactions and electric impulses. Once these stop, you stop. You become nothing, you experience nothing, you are nothing. Life is fleeting. Every second you spend on /b/ is a second less of your pathetically short existence. We're all retarded for sitting here instead of exploring earth, instead of becoming the best us that we can be, instead of findthing new things to experience.
>>
>>559831725
There's a story built around this
In which, instead, your counsousness constantly goes to realities in which you can survive.
Got cancer? A cure is found!
Old age? Anti-aging technology gets good enough to keep that at bay
Basicly you survive until it's literally impossible to. But every moment you make a decision, it could lead to death, if so it makes you less likely to survive. The less likely you are to survive, the more strange the world gets, the faster technology will be developed which will save you.
Based on this, the more life threatening situations you put yourself in, the quicker technology will advance in your subjective view of the world
I forgot what the story is called just Google like "unlikely technology suicide book" or something similar you'll probably find it
>>
>>559828402
Shrek.
Shrek.
Shrek.

Shrek is love.
Shrek is life.
>>
>>559832379
Thank you very much good sir.
>>
Unconsciousness (nothing)
Unconsciousness (nothing)
Anything
>>
>>559831725
Dat system restore point>>559832379
>>
File: 588218.jpg (816KB, 2869x1897px) Image search: [Google]
588218.jpg
816KB, 2869x1897px
>>559828402

For your whole life you are but a prisoner shackled, facing a wall with a fire behind you.

You can see the shadows, and you come to know them them but you never learn what makes them. You never truly understand them.

Death is you being unshackled and turning around.
>>
>>559832317
Like farting in a shoe while fully erect, and passing it to a homeless person to smell. Eh, life.
>>
>>559832756
fuck off summerfag
>>
>>559828402

I honestly used to believe in an afterlife.

Then I kind of held out hope for reincarnation.

Then I thought I would have some kind of Bill Hicks realization or DMT trip.

Now I honestly just think it's nothing.

Dying can be really fucking painful, then your heart stops, you stop breathing, your brain is starved oxygen, and brain cells start decaying. That's it.
>>
File: 1406094776417.jpg (54KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
1406094776417.jpg
54KB, 320x480px
>>
>>559834430
This is a terrible shop
>>
Eternity is only as meaningful as time, which is not necessarily existent beyond this universe. Personally I think your consciousness expands to the "point" where you are aware of everything at once, from quanta to the superstructure without the meta-universe. From this perspective, time and consciousness are irrelevant.
>>
>>559830398
>You simply ARE just reborn. No collection of everything. But you AREN'T you again.
This is my greatest fear. To reborn in this world would suck much more than ceasing to exist completely.
>>
File: keanu.png (118KB, 468x417px) Image search: [Google]
keanu.png
118KB, 468x417px
When people prove ghosts exist, we can further discuss this subject with better progress.
>>
>being dead means you doesn't exist
>you also didn't exist before you were born
>reincarnation confirmed
>>
>>559831725
>Quantum immortality refers to the subjective experience of surviving quantum suicide regardless of the odds.[98]

In the many worlds interpretation of quantum physics, multiple versions of you have died multiple times. You just happen to experience the "you" that hasn't died yet.
>>
>>559828402
Nothing
Nothing
Anything
>>
>>559828402

I want to eat the pussy on that girl so bad - look at that hair stubble...fuck that mound would be like heaven.
>>
>>559835281
I have a name to put to the face now anon, thank you kindly.
>>
>>559834831

Or you choose to be one with the light, or go back to Earth to play the game again.
>>
not here to argue
>reincarnation until nirvana is reached
>no consciousness, just gone like a flip of a switch
>endless lives over and over
>>
>>559835281
Thought of this and thought it was interesting. The only problem is that only YOU can test it. If someone else tested it, you'd just see someone kill themself. But if you're wrong, you just end up killing yourself
>>
>what you know comes after death.
nothing
reincarnation would be nice
op's mum
>>
>>559828640

>Nothing

Define nothing stupid shit.
>>
>>559835657
I don't know whether I have lived previous lives, but if I will have a choice I think this will be my last one. Fuck this world.
>>
>>559828402
>Nothing
>Nothing
>Nothing
>>
>>559830317
you should read Dolores Cannon

if you havent already
>>
The Ubermensch lives their life so that they would gladly look forward to the eternal return of their entire life, dying and their life replaying exactly the same way, including all of their suffering, forever.
>>
>>559835858
Remember what it felt like when you were still a single sperm cell?

No?

Well, imagine the same after you'r dead
>>
Given infinite time and an infinite universe surely it is inevitable that all of the molecules that once made us rearrange in exactly the same way thus resulting in a reincarnation of sorts.
>>
>>559829679
>anything I want really, like a sandbox or some and a what if machine that i can say "what if..." and it would show me or a replay of everything that happened on earth so i can witness everything just crazy shit

that would be based, to see where your ancestors came from, what was on earth before us etc etc.
>>
>>559828402
>What do you think comes after death?
Honestly? I don't know. Tip your fedoras at me if you will, but I can guarantee you don't know the answer either. No one does. Not even maybe the dead, since we have no real proof they are in another place to begin with. But it is because of this that I have sparked a pretty big interest in death, I wonder what exactly will happen after all the parts in your body shut down, what you experience, what you feel, and what comes next. I would add more here, but the third question will be better fit for what I'll say.

>What do you hope/wish comes after death?
You know again, I don't know. I think I would like the afterlife to just be like, the ultimate lucid dreaming experience, where you can just like make your own personal heaven, or just wish anything into existence, do whatever you want and when you get bored, change it up. You could probably even shut yourself down when you're bored in a few thousand years. The only problem with this is that essentially, you would be the only intelligent lifeform there, all the other people in it would just be fake, projections of your imagine or whatever since it is a dream. So I'm not sure.

>What are you afraid comes after death?
I don't know.
I am not really that scared of the unknown really. Linking back up to my first response, I am fascinated by understanding and finally receiving the true answer to the question no one so far has; What comes next? Is there really an afterlife? Do we go rot in the ground? Is there just a pitch black for all eternity? Do we lose all consciousness? I don't know any of the answers to these questions, and that is intriguing. I don't really have anything to be scared of, what would be the point in fearing the unknown? Also because of this I have a very strange view on survival; if the time comes and I know death is coming for sure and nothing can stop it, I'll just submit. I'll accept my fate. (cont)
>>
>>559828402
Probably nothing
Reincarnation based on how well you stuck to honest moral values having been self-decided upon your own judgement.
Hell or being a ghost
>>
>>559835926

According to some people, you don't choose to be reincarnated, it just happens based on past karmic impressions accumulated in former lives. And the wheel of reincarnation is full of suffering.

So like if you're a white male this life, next life you might be a black woman.

And you experience lives with opposite sensations until you finally reach some ultimate realization.
>>
>>559836345
(cont)
I imagine that I actually won't submit all that easily to death when the time comes, I'll be fighting to my very core, such is the nature of hardwired survival instinct. But when that time comes, I'll be prepared and ready to face the unknown. Call me edgy and emo if you want, but it's just how I am.
>>
>>559828402

I'm surprised nobody asked for sauce on this image. Do you realize you posted an underage child model?
>>
>>559828402
After death is nothing
like a long sleep without dream
you never wake up again.

I not fear death. I fear the way you die.
>>
>>559836418
>until you finally reach some ultimate realization
That there is no point in all of this?
>>
>>559828781
yep
>>
Nothing.

Some sort of afterlife.

Nothing.

Not even considering becoming a religious man.
>>
>>559835786
so, going on this theory, my parents did find their 8 year old son hung himself in the backyard?
now i feel like shit
>>
>>559836586

Some would say the point is to play a game for fun. Or to temporarily forget loneliness.

What's the point of solitaire?
>>
There will be cake.
>>
>>559836756

In the many worlds interpretation, every person who has ever lived hung themself at 8 years old.
>>
>>559836865
Struggling for survival is not fun...
>>
>>559830317
But how do you know this?
>>
File: G13Ri5R.jpg (36KB, 524x753px) Image search: [Google]
G13Ri5R.jpg
36KB, 524x753px
when you die, your physical atoms will sink into the earth. when the
earth is destroyed and you are turned to carbon, your physical
remaining atoms will float through space, mixing and mingling with
everything else in the physical universe. then after an
incomprehensible amount of time which you will not consciously
experience, your atoms will exist through another entire chain of
galaxies, worlds, and evolutions ultimately making you alive again in
ways that you have never imagined, all in less than the blink of an
eye.
>>
Everything is a circle. We will live exact what we have lived over and over and over again.
>>
nothing
Our mind remins the same and we reborn again as someonw ealse but each 2turns your mind get erased
nothing
>>
sleeplike just more nothing without dreams
>>
>>559828402
your tissues rot away leaving behind a skeleton

that i can see loved ones again

this same exact life as a rerun, where i only have the illusion of free will
>>
>>559837052
now i feel better
thanks anon!
the idea of my dad being alone after that is still sad though, good thing the knot slipped
>>
>Nothing
>Nothing
>Something
>>
>>559828402
nothingness
heaven
hell
>>
>>559837079

well it's not always fun, there's postive and negative

escaping for your life can be fun and exciting

chasing and pursuing a mate can be fun and exciting

sex can be fun

why struggle for survival if you're not seeking the fun parts of living?

in a certain view, the whole struggle for survival is just a big game of pretend

but how serious do you take it?

if you're already a walking corpse and death is the end, how seriously should you take it?

if there's an afterlife, how seriously should you take it?
>>
>>559837284
this
i really hope heaven is real
this is the end was pretty uplifting in that respect
>>
>>559837197

Is this the first time or after the first time? Or is it meaningless to think there's a difference?

Have I asked this question before?
>>
>>559837718
I don't know, I don't see any point in the existence of the universe in the first place...
>>
>>559837175
oh shit, then maybe UFO atoms are in me
>>
File: Ledoux.png (144KB, 400x354px) Image search: [Google]
Ledoux.png
144KB, 400x354px
>>559837197
TIME IS A FLAT CIRCLE COLE
>>
>>559831095
this shit sounds fake as fuck. How did you get into a OOBE for 7 years?. Also, there is no way you could remember it, because there is no memory oob, a mind can not even process the oobe, thinking of it, remembering it or imagine it, is, by nature, the opposition of OOB. Also who the fuck would believe a person that has experienced an OOBE would actually be in /b/?
>>
>>559838019

Suppose there is at least one thing that has always existed. So it's eternal.

Is there a "point" to its eternal existence?

Now suppose some process emerges where this eternal thing can create causality, before and after.

Suppose causality emerges when the universe began. You have the first second.

But even talking about the first second is puzzling. What could cause the first second?

Time allows for the accumulation of memories, which can essentially overwrite that eternal "thing."

So memories actually allow eternity to be forgotten. To avoid the prospect of eternal existence.
>>
>>559838514

He means he's been into the subject of OOBE for 7 years.

Not had an OOBE that lasted 7 years.

Although that's a common occurrence on drug trips, a subjective experience of time lasting longer than others could see.

And some people think DMT is released upon death.
>>
>>559828402
>idk
>idk
>idk
>>
>>559837917
This is one time of an infinite number of times. It is meaningless to think there'd be a difference. You have asked this question before.
>>
heritage
lots of it
not getting enough of it
>>
psychedelic wormholing in and out of crazy alternate states of consciousness whilst being all knowing til you land a solid dimension every now and then.
>>
>>559828781
straight up
>>
>Think
Nothing
>Hope
Nothing. After a long life of being stressed and doing things, having literally no meaning or worries whatsoever via not existing would be such a relief. Like infinite sleep.
>Afraid Of
Honestly, something. It'd be cool to just live a fulfilling life and then be unconscious forever.
>>
>>559839228

I think I make choices. Suppose I CAN make choices.

If this was the first time, I would be making choices. If it was any other time, I wouldn't be making choices. I already made my choices the first time. So the difference is the first time I made my choices, and after that I have to live with my choices forever. Unless I still make choices in the later times, I just happen to make the same exact choices because of who I am.

But suppose I only THINK I make choices but I really don't. The first time I think I'm making choices but I'm not, it's all deterministic. Every time after that I also THINK I'm making choices but I'm not.

But suppose The Devil has trapped me in a world where I THINK I make choices but I really don't, the whole world is on rails and I'm only a passenger. The ride is the same every time. In that case, is there an escape?
>>
I have three theories of what happens.
1. You become a God. You can start to do everything you want. Live any possible scenario you want. Maybe you want to live an incredible week in which all the amazing people you met are together and are good friends with each other and do everything you all love, drugs, drinking, hookers, partying, everything, with no repercussions. Or finding the perfect person and experience that for as long as you wish, and if you want you can forget that it is not real, but you have to wait it out completely.

2. What if smart people are the ones who's soul is very old and has seen very many things and learned very many things, and idiots are young souls, and you simply get reincarnated, the older the soul, the smarter?

3. You become a ghost. You can't interact with anyone, although you are free to roam everywhere you wish. Different galaxies, different universes, learn everything, travel in time, see what really happened in our history, see aliens, learn their history and so on.
>>
why would you be afraid of "nothing" coming after death? that is stupid and you people should feel stupid. but you wont because you are too stupid.
>>
>>559840179
>and idiots are young souls

i definitely think some people were rocks in their last life before being human
>>
>>559836470
She looks impregnatable , so I dont give a fuk
>>
>>559828402
I hope/wish i unlock godmode after i die, get to live infinite life again with god mode on, can fly shoot fire etc, all people are the same/act the same unless i want other wise. For the rest of eternity i would walk the streets naked gettin my dick sucked and fucking who i want in plain sight of the public

What im afraid of? Nothingness, the athiest belief that when your dead your dead nothing more after that you were never aware you existed

What i believe? That we are all part of this universe, there is the same amount of energy at the universe at one given time. You are just a part of the universe observing itself. When you die your energy is transferred into the next living thing. So pretty much re incarnation
>>
>>559840427

they're not afraid of experiencing nothing (well some people might be until someone tells them it wouldn't be an experience)

they're afraid of death being the end, final, that's it

of a life full of regrets, missed opportunities, choices going one way or the other, unrealized potential, things they'll never do or see or experience. of life being one and done. time wasted.
>>
Serious question to this thread:

What do you think the soul/consciousness is, if it exists at all?

Matter cannot be created or destroyed, so what leaves when you die?

Do you think the belief in "reincarnation" is actually just a belief in the soul/consciousness moving from one body to the next? If you think about it, all matter is recycled on this Earth. You could be drinking the same water today that was rain once evaporated from the smallest pond in Africa. You could be eating a steak that fed on grass that was fertilized by the bodies of 12 dead hookers.
>>
Nothing, you're dead. It's all over now.

Nothing. I do hope after you die, you're gone. It's completely over.

Having to live in darkness. If you went down with regrets, were murdered, and all these other things. I wouldn't want to live in darkness like that.
>>
>>559841191

Some people believe consciousnes precedes matter, that consciousness is the most fundamental thing there is.

Others believe matter precedes conscousness, that dead dumb matter can "wake" up and realize it's matter. But it's hard to figure out how something like a table could become aware. Could all the matter in an inanimate object be randomly rearranged until it became aware?

But scientists have found that electrical stimulation of the claustrum in the brain can turn off consciousness.

>Counter-intuitively, Koubeissi's team found that the woman's loss of consciousness was associated with increased synchrony of electrical activity, or brainwaves, in the frontal and parietal regions of the brain that participate in conscious awareness. Although different areas of the brain are thought to synchronise activity to bind different aspects of an experience together, too much synchronisation seems to be bad. The brain can't distinguish one aspect from another, stopping a cohesive experience emerging.
>>
File: Alex Grey.jpg (124KB, 352x469px) Image search: [Google]
Alex Grey.jpg
124KB, 352x469px
I believe in an Afterlife. I have no evidence of it but I believe in it.

I hope that whatever comes in the afterlife gives me peace.

I'd be afraid that whatever comes in the afterlife leaves me without satisfaction.

The best possible outcome would likely be reincarnation. Think about existence and think about your mind and mine.

At a certain point we all yearn for new experiences and those experiences are limited. At a certain point the atoms in the universe can come together in a set number of ways. Even if we lived forever we would eventually do everything once and then again for the memory and then be left with nothing to do after that.

Reincarnation solves the equation.

You can now relive the same moments multiple times like they were brand new. Your first kiss, the first taste of your favorite meal, the first orgasm, the pleasure of hearing your favorite song, the wonder of a piece of art.

You can effectively relive every wonderful moment as much as you'd like.

Beyond that point you can come back and discover new things you didn't like the first time. I'm allergic to bananas and I hate them. Imagine coming back and bananas are now your favorite fruit.

Ultimately I feel like we just experience things and these experiences are the meaning of life. Just like you play video games for new experiences, we are literal embodiments of experience.

The meaning of life is life.
>>
File: 1389480177947.gif (596KB, 500x539px) Image search: [Google]
1389480177947.gif
596KB, 500x539px
>>559841837
consciousness is the weirdest shit
>>
File: 1406228297088.png (157KB, 680x279px) Image search: [Google]
1406228297088.png
157KB, 680x279px
Here's a fun little thought experiment for ya'll to consider when thinking about the nature of death.

Being dead will be exactly what is was like before you were born. Do you remember what happened before you were born? Nope? That's because you were nothing, and upon death you will once again become nothing.
>>
>>559828402
Nothingness
The incomprehensible nothingness.

Your mind defines your being. I think I'd rather spend eternity in hell than have my consciousness cease to exist.
>>
>>559842750
Hate this argument commonly spouted by atheists against religifags.
Of course being dead and nothing won't be particularly scary, you won't know, but being alive now and knowing one day we won't get to experience life anymore is unsettling for a lot of people.
>>
>>559828402
nothing

i'd like to haunt around until humanity is kill

nothing
>>
File: 1400214386843.jpg (569KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1400214386843.jpg
569KB, 1920x1080px
what i believe is that are we matter or do we?? i believe to put it simple every single person has christ in them in the sense he is half of you "one half of you is you. the other half is jesus" no joke i may have broke a wall in what i attune to as reality by being blunt with things and being cold turkey from pshycoactive drugs like weed...its as if my loved one was tooken over by jesus and i was in complete synchronicity with them... as if he really was there..id love to believe in a heaven . as for hell ive had a beautiful life and still young if it were in anothers hands to wear id went.. i guess id follow the one being loving enough to decide it for me
>>
>>559840946
you won't regret a thing if after death comes nothing. again, retarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 720x960px
>>559842782
>be about 9/10
>laying on top of bunk bed
>late at night not sure how late but parents are in bed
>end of bunk bed where i have my head is where door to bedroom is
>door is open so i can see straight out into the hall way
>end of hall way turns to the right so basically i can see the first half of the corridor but then it turns at a right angle
>coming from the right turn into my view of the first half of corridor about 2ft high off the floor i see a white stick figure slowely poke out
>pokes about 8 or so inches out then retreats about 4 inches or so
>repeats this 2-3 times
>retreats back from my sight
>goes
>lay there frozen with fear not sure how long probably half hour
>eventually get the balls to scream for parents
>'MUM!MUM!MUM!'
>repeat 2 mins till i get response
>mum comes i tell her
>bullshit anon you just had a bad dream go back to sleep
>to this day i tell her it wasent a dream it was a 2spooky4me ghost

Also pic non related, its what i see everytime i take drugs i trip asif im falling through the middle
>>
File: image.jpg (376KB, 1280x964px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
376KB, 1280x964px

Nothing. Like what you were before you were born

An increased concsciouness at an atomic level - your "soul" or what makes you you breaks away with each atom that leaves you and eventually your consciousness spans the entire universe and is just as infinite and everything is just... Awesome

I can't decide if hell (fiery torment in the dark) or nothingness is worse. Nothingness seems like a waste worse than hell.
>>
>>559830317
The spacesuit sounds like the merkabah 'body of light' or "thing to ride in, cart" from early jewish mysticism
>>
>>559842750
The only empirical research we can draw about matters of consciousness and of the mind is through our own experiences. As our conscious thinking is an inherently immaterial thing.

Therefore, the only experience we can possibly draw about death is before we were born:

1.Death is nothingness.
1a. We cannot scientifically research into nothingness as it is essentially immaterial.
1b. Therefore, we must draw on experiences of nothingness.
2. Before we were born we were nothing.
2a. Therefore, before we were born is the closest experience we can drawn to death.
Therefore,
3. Being dead will be exactly what is was like before you were born.
4. Death = nothingness.

I know this argument is horribly conveyed, but I'm tired as fuck.
>>
File: 1360666828039.jpg (242KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1360666828039.jpg
242KB, 1440x900px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssf7P-Sgcrk
>>
>>559843079
That explains nothing of why my argument is flawed.
>>
>>559828402
It's really hard for people to comprehend that there's probably nothing after death. You just cease to exist. No thoughts, feeling or anything.
>>
>>559843428
I highly doubt you are a 9/10 and it has no relevance to the story.
>>
>>559843169

so if you knew today was your last day alive, you wouldn't have any regrets?

that's all the life you get.

regrets and suffering and misery and pain is for the living.

they're not worried about having regrets after they're dead.

they're regretting doing or not doing certain things in their one short mortal life.

to be afraid of nothing after death is to fear annihilation, obliteration, total destruction. to fear death and dying itself.

and again, fear is only for the living.
>>
i like to think its like shampoo

lather rince repete
>>
File: tno.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tno.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
torment
torment comes
>>
>>559843717
What is your argument? that no one should be afraid of death?

>being alive now and knowing one day we won't get to experience life anymore is unsettling for a lot of people

If you have the tiniest bit of empathy in you, you will realise why death is scary for some people.
>>
>>559828402
Nothingness

A sandbox to fuck around with and do whatever the hell you want in

Going to Heaven... Who the fuck would want to constantly worship some old guy and fuck around without the internet?
>>
>>559843561
>As our conscious thinking is an inherently immaterial thing.

Not according to materialists.
>>
>>559844162
how do you know there's no innernet in heaven?
how does heaven keep posting to 4chins without innernet?
>>
>>559844125
Whoops replied wrong
>>559843710
>>
>>559843774
9 or 10 years old ffs
>>
File: index.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
>>559828402
nothing , brain dead 100%= total nothingness

total nothingness

pearly gates or hell
i`ve been a bad cunt, so i`m afraid it`ll be burning in hell for all eternity, for me

meh, i woud like a pop at knocking down those pearly white gates of heaven and pushin in some angel`s shit
>>
I think that I'll just stop existing when I die. That's all there is to it.
I'd like to believe in some kind of afterlife, maybe one you could choose what to be reincarnated as.
If God exists, and there ends up being a hell, I'll be tortured for eternity for choosing not to follow God.
>>
NOTHING.

There is Being.
There is Nothingness.

When you die, that's end of being. And beginning of nothingness. (Of course, you can't actually apply these terms to a thing that does not exist. It is NO THING).
>>
>>559844283
Well of course. I'm no fan of Cartesian Dualism, as it implies our consciousness stems from a theological god-given ability. But there is that separation between the material world and the immaterial world our minds are able to imagine and comprehend.

Although our minds are wholly made up of the biological matter which we are made of. We have that ability to comprehend and think beyond the material world. Therefore, it is something separate from the material world.
>>
>??????????????????????????????
>???????????????????????????????
>?????????????????????????????????
>??????????????????????????????????
>???????????????????????????????????
>????????????????????????????????????
>?????????????????????????????????????
>??????????????????????????????????????
>?????????????????????????????????????
>????????????????????????????????????
>?????????????????????????????????
>?????????????????????
>???????????????????????????????????????
>????????????????????????????????????????
>>
File: guerra.jpg (132KB, 727x768px) Image search: [Google]
guerra.jpg
132KB, 727x768px
>conciouss nothingess

What's so bad about this? If you dont have no conciousness what does it matter? It's not like you can think or feel or anything like that. You just simply stop being. I believe this may be the thing that there is when you die. It doesnt sound bad at all to me.
>>
>>559828402

When you die you remember what this was all about and that death is an illusion.
>>
>>559828640
>Nothing.
Dunno really. An ETERNITY anywhere would fucking suck even harder than ceasing to exist forever, so "heaven" sounds like shit. Not sure what other "options" there are to choose from.

This! Fucking this, i cant imagine anything more soulwrenching than the thought of living for eternity.
>>
>>559844125
My argument has nothing to do with meta-ethics. I'm merely arguing the nature of death. It is a dangerous thing to combine ethics into the study of reality, as it will essentially limit the scope of which we are able to consider of reality. As some parts of it will be essentially cordoned off as no-go-zones as they touch a nerve with people.

People may well be scared by the prospect that death will be nothingness and they will cease to exist. But that does not mean we shouldn't consider it as a sound theory.
>>
>>559844919
Anyone who believes in a Soul probably didn't graduate from highschool.
>>
>>559844924

ther is no such thing as the astro plane

it`s bullshit

trust me
>>
>>559845319
Oh, well I've misunderstand. I pretty much agree with you then about what happens after death being same as before birth. I thought you were saying people shouldn't be afraid of it, sorry.
>>
>>559844924
>We have that ability to comprehend and think beyond the material world. Therefore, it is something separate from the material world.

If all the electrical activity that occurs in material brains (including imagining an immaterial world) is material, then it's not really immaterial or separate from the material world. All those imaginings are fundamentally material.

But maybe it depends on whether one considers light material. Light can reportedly be turned into matter. And light is part of the electromagnetic spectrum.

Maybe it also depends on whether one considers the quantum world material. And what is happening inside a brain at the quantum scale. If one considers the quantum world immaterial, and the material world as emergent from the quantum world, then perhaps the brain (and the universe itelf) is fundamentally immaterial.
>>
>>559845863
Nah man, just about the nature of death. The thought of death makes me scared as shit sometimes as my mind cannot comprehend being nothing. But it would be folly to pretend there isn't that option.
>>
>>559844924
>We have that ability to comprehend and think beyond the material world. Therefore, it is something separate from the material world.
Think beyond the material world?
Give me ONE example.
>>
>>559845396

Lots of people who graduated from high school believe in a soul.

Probably because science has so far failed to explain the fundamental nature of consciousness.
>>
File: 6-320x240.jpg (10KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
6-320x240.jpg
10KB, 320x240px
>>559828402
http://Amber20.ran-xxx.com

Online now!it's free
>>
Heaven/hell/limbo
Grim Fandango
nothing
>>
>>559845963
Yeah, I'm not too sure on the nature of the mind sometimes, I tend to dither between pure materialism and theories which separate the mental from the physical.

I agree our minds are wholly made up of physical phenomenon. That being everything which happens in our minds is a direct result of a chemical or electrical reaction in our brain. I do not believe our ability to think is some god-given ability.

I do however think that beyond those unconscious reactions, there is that ability for us to detach ourselves from the physical material world and consider things which are beyond the constrains of reality.

Does this mean we are wholly separate from our physical being? Probably not. I haven't studied the mind in a while, as I tend to be more focused on ethical philosophy.
>>
>>559846153
When people consider a God which is beyond the constraints of the material world? I don't believe that, but that's one example.
>>
>>559845798
How is that?
>>
Nothing
72 virgins
Rebirth as a baby to re live your life over again fixing mistakes from your previous life
>>
>nothing
>nothing
>nothing

the matter and energy contained in my body will be recycled into other forms of matter and energy
>>
>>559828402

why death doesnt come sooner when you're a big fail? why does the gov not do anything about it? come on, few got the guts to an hero
>>
File: black1.gif (3KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
black1.gif
3KB, 450x300px
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's even so nothing, you don't even realize how nothing it is.

N/A

N/A
>>
>>559847307

Euthanasia is legal is Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg.

I don't think being a "big fail" is one of the criteria though.
>>
>>559847304
Physicalism is quite an appealing theory. Do you think your consciousness (or a soul to theists), is something which is wholly made up of and driven by the physical world?
>>
>>559847565

is "spooky action at a distance" physical?
>>
>>559828934

Not even trying to be a fag, but nigga I'ma live as long as possible. I could dig immortality.
>>
>>559847690
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>559828402
Nothing

72 arab virgin girls would be swell. Also get me an iced tea.

Nothing.
>>
>>559846889
It's the perfect ONE example, thanks. And any religious person of any faith will admit that God is unthinkable. God is beyond our comprehension.
>>
>>559831032

Very Epicurean.
>>
There was a tumblr pic about how this universe is an egg and we have to live every single life in the world before were ready to hatch into a god. It satisfies all of my beliefs about things having meaning and the universe being just and the like.
>>
>>559828402
Neverending orgy inside spaghetti monster
>>
>>559828402
i read a story on a thread a really long time ago where after you died the poster said that after we died we kinda became like gods i think, but unfortunally i dont have the pic saved.
I think it would be pretty cool to be able to create a unniverse and watch living beings grow and whatnot
>>
>>559828402
There's no way to know, therefore any speculation is a pointless waste of time
>>
I think your soul becomes one with the cosmos, in some way inconceivable to mere mortals
I hope/wish that my consciousness lives on in some way, that I don't forget my life on Earth and I am reunited with other souls that I once knew, and gain some understanding of the meaning of it all
I am afraid of being reincarnated back on Earth
>>
>>559842226
Psychedelics will show man alot.
>>
>>559847942
We can conflate any comprehension of a plane of existence transcendent of the physical world as being the one example that is outwith the physical world.
>>
>>559843561

This argument is horribly co-

Yeah, it is.

>Espousing truths about things outside of our perceptive/rational framework

mfw
>>
>>559845798

>trust me

ok
>>
>>559843561
you dont know if it was nothingness maybe you just dfont remember it
>>
>>559830091
a world between worlds

kek
>>
>>559847838

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_at_a_distance

>In physics, action at a distance is the concept that an object can be moved, changed, or otherwise affected without being physically touched by another object. That is, it is the nonlocal interaction of objects that are separated in space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement

Einstein derided quantum entanglement as "spooky action at a distance", believing it to be impossible since it seemed to violate the speed limit on the transmission of information implicit in the theory of relativity.

Supposedly the effect of measurement on one particle of a quantumly entangled pair affects the other instantly, but it is not possible to use it to transmit information at faster-than-light speeds.
>>
Nothing.
Reincarnation.
Any kind of religion being correct... I like shrimp.
>>
>>559847087

well, how many billions of people(modern human)
have died since homo-sapienes came into existance, ama guessing 10`s of trillions

now do all our stonage cave dweller ancestors and count as humanish - do they have the ability you talk about+
shit.... what about monkeys and the rest of the animal kindgom, do they possess the ability to
seperate from the material and non material world?

what about insects and flowers `n shit?

exactly what species has this ability , and where does the cut off point come?

the astro plane is gonna be pretty fuckin crowded
>>
You become a spooky skeleton
>>
>>559848112

it's based on a story called the egg
http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

but that story is just a variant of pantheism
>>
>>559848794
1.I was physically nothing.
2.If we are to believe the vast majority of modern science concerning the brain, our mental states arise due to physical phenomenon.
Therefore...
3.If I was physically nothing, I would have been mentally nothing.
4.And I could not have had a mental state to remember this.

Simply stating "But you can't know!" is a pointless argument.
>>
>>559828402
>>what you are afraid comes after death

Virgins as far as the eye can see.

a.k.a. /b/
>>
In all honesty if there was a heaven or hell, I'd rather go to hell. Would you want to spend all eternity with some extremely religious cunts in heaven or with some of some of the coolest people in hell?
>>
>>559849059

>>559848912

wow now i am spookd, spooky action @ distace?
>>
File: Spongebanks.jpg (7KB, 180x120px) Image search: [Google]
Spongebanks.jpg
7KB, 180x120px
>>559849212

How's being 13?
>>
>>559849013
>the astro plane is gonna be pretty fuckin crowded

it's astral plane

and no it won't if there's only one soul that exists

(in every form like monkeys, insects, flowers, cave dwellers, modern humans, etc)
>>
nothing. your mind isnt in existance anymore. your just gone
>>
>>559849131
Wrong, you were a net of quanta, a series of information that would soon become you. You didn't have consiousness until you were about 4.
>>
>>559828402
nothing
72 Virgins
72 male virgins
>>
>>559829679
"DMT is released when you die"

KK m8, dmt is a fucking drug made, do you think mdma is releaed too? what about marijuana??
>>
>>559844498
Angels don't shit. Sorry bro
>>
>>559828402

she's in gr 8 D: nuuuuu

Nothing
Become rape ghost
that episode of dilbert where the after life was just a cubicle with wally, for all eternity.
>>
>>559849013
The nature of consciousness is a completely different matter. You're right in saying there's somewhat of a muddled line between what is conscious, and what is not.

I would define it as the ability to think beyond ones physical needs and desires. To be able to put off what is going on in the physical world and think beyond.

How do we define this ability? Well, the best way would be through empirical and scientific research into the cognitive ability of each living thing.
>>
OP girls is Tipi Model. All her sets:
pastebin ECAkn14Z
>>
File: 1404093188398.gif (992KB, 315x245px) Image search: [Google]
1404093188398.gif
992KB, 315x245px
>>559849481

kek
>>
>>559849852
THIS
>>
>>559828402
the truth
>>what you hope / wish comes after death
the truth
the truth

Captcha: Geneysi crust
>>
>>559849131

you weren't physically nothing because all of the atoms in your body right now, your entire mass, existed somewhere before you were born

you might say your consciousness was nothing, but the emergence of your consciousness was triggered by the consciousness of your mother and the consciousness of your father

so going back in time, who was the first of your ancestors to have consciousness?

was there a child who had consciousness but their parents did not?

was every person non-conscious until some event triggered the emergence of consciousness?
>>
>>559831958
tldr
>>
Nothing
Nothing
Something
>>
File: 1406727471199.gif (2MB, 286x199px) Image search: [Google]
1406727471199.gif
2MB, 286x199px
>>559849980
she's in grade 8...
>>559849789
>>
>>559828402

>Nothing
>A superior consciousness of the whole universe common to all sentient beings
>Hell
>>
>>559849212

wouldn't hell for you be being surrounded by extremely religious cunts?

if you're going to hell, why do you think you'd be surrounded by cool people?

why think heaven or hell would be the same for everyone that goes there?

why not think it's your own personal heaven, or your own personal hell?
>>
>nothing
>nothing
>nothing
>>
>>559849212

In hell you'd be surrounded by religious cunts! think of the 99% of religions who got it wrong!
>>
>>559850261
agreed
hell for you is not the same as hell for someone else
also
hell wouldn't be like it's depicted in Little Nicky, except I like to believe that Hitler does get variously sized pineapples shoved up his ass once per day.
>>
cause we are living here now, it's 100% certain that "you" get another life as something or someone else.
>>
>>559828402
I think we go to a time/space universe that overlaps our space/time universe where as soul's we can connect telepathically with all of the universe as we grow and become better to re-experience ourselves as Creator's and be original Consciousness.

Or essentially Soul Paradise, the only hell is the one you make for yourself, and you're free to leave whenever you want.
>>
>>559849687

DMT is an endogenous psychedelic tryptamine.

>A 2013 study found DMT in microdialysate obtained from a rat's pineal gland, providing evidence of endogenous DMT in the mammalian brain.[29]

>DMT occurs in trace amounts in mammals, where it functions as a neurotransmitter and putatively as a neuromodulator. DMT is also produced in humans

>It is originally derived from the essential amino acid tryptophan and ultimately produced by the enzyme INMT during normal metabolism.[9] The significance of its widespread natural presence remains undetermined. DMT is structurally analogous to the neurotransmitter serotonin (5-HT) and the hormone melatonin, and furthermore functionally analogous to other psychedelic tryptamines, such as 5-MeO-DMT, bufotenin, psilocin, and psilocybin.
>>
>>559828402
Nothing.
Nothing.
Anything at all. I want everything to be really over when it's over.
>>
>>559828781

same
>>
>>559849437

it's astral plane

i was being feciestious
>>
>>559849687
Your autism is showing.
>>
>Nothing, oblivion.
>Reincarnation
>heaven/hell, either one would be torture.
>>
>>559849212
In most religions, hell is something to the tune of constant pain misery and heat with day to day re dismemberment and gutting.
You wouldn't be chatting sagan up you'd be wailing with your searing intestines at your feet
>>
>>559850695

well maybe most atoms on earth "get" another life

that doesn't mean there's any remembered continuity between lives though
>>
>>559851059
But aren't all bad feelings removed in heaven? So you only feel good 24/7? At least that's what I heard.
>>
When I was about 16-17, me and my friend were recording ourselves doing flips on huge trampolines on a gym. It was night time and we would always close out the gym and stay after to practice and just do dumb shit.

In one of those recordings ( on a Verizon flip phone) my friend recorded me doing some back flips on the tramp, when we saw it later at his house we saw a little boy just standing there watching us do the flips.

This little guy was following us with his head. There was nobody in the gym and ever since that time I came to realize that there HAS to be something else.

It can't be another parallel universe because the kid was following our movements so it has to be same time and place. Just not visible to our eyes.

If that was a ghost then is that what happens after death? You are left to wander the world on your spirit form? What happened to heaven or hell?

So many questions but one thing is for sure I know there IS some sort of life after death
>>
>>559851395
pls gib video
>>
>nothing

>something

>nothing
>>
>>559829442
does her stomach ruin the picture for anybody else?
i really want to fap to that, but I just can't get past the stomach.
>>
I was watching some autopsy videos on YouTube, and I have come to realize that we are gone after death. Nothing more, nothing less. We just cease to exist, like we did before we were born.
>>
>>559828402
Rotting comes after death
/Thread
>>
>>559851662
>same
all aboard the death train
>>
>>559851697
It adds to the fatty tits with pale puffy nips picture, makes it seem more achievable.
Usually I pass up random porn but this made me interested.
>>
Maybe after death you're reborn as another alien race somewhere in the universe but non verbal and mental retarded so you can't tell them about it.
>>
File: SMbrWD0[1].jpg (60KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
SMbrWD0[1].jpg
60KB, 700x525px
>>559829442
>>559851885
thanks to google I found another pic of her.
>>
>>559852306
she's my new waifu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djI6nc9EVMM&list=RDsOIIFIVa1UI
>>
>>559828402
You arrive in space near Earth

I always thought that some people get reincarnated, others go around and watch over the people/world and can go wherever they want as long as it's near/in the planet, and then the certain people are stuck in certain areas (buildings and such) and they're stuck reliving the moment they died until they're shown peace.

I'm afraid of non-existence.
>>
>>559851656

I wish I had the video for myself this happened in 2005 but I remember it so clearly.

I know for a fact there is something after death, we are all in for a big surprise once its our time to go. The thing we should all be talking about is what decides whether you stay here or move on?
>>
I hope there is a Heaven, but I fear that there is nothing after death.

However, I also think it is irrational to fear death because if there is nothing - then there is no consciousness or pain. Everything just stops forever. That's not very scary.
>>
>>559828402

Your expectations shape what happens after death.

If you think there will be nothingness, that's what you get.

If you think there will be heaven, that's what you get.

If you think you'll be reincarnated, that's what you get.

But eventually you realize the afterlife you expected was just another illusion.
>>
>>559852726

Dying can be extremely painful. Death is the end of pain. And possibly the end of everything. For you it might be the end of the universe.
>>
Think
>nothing. When your body stops working, you cease to be capable of thought. There is non-existence, just like pre-birth/conception

Wish
>if I had control, then after death, I'd know the truth of the world. It would be revealed to me (and everyone who dies) what has happened since the beginning. Everyone's thought processes, why that guy gave spare change to the homeless guy. Every item, how that penny came from ore, and then through the mint and everywhere it was spent. Just knowing and experiencing EVERYTHING that happened or will happen.

Fear
>locked in syndrome. After death, we are still conscious, but without any sense organs or body, we just exist. Constantly thinking without any stimulus.
>>
>>559853076
that's fucking stupid.
>>
>>559828934
>living a long time is soooooo boring, all the cartoons told me so! c:
no, nigga, no.
you know how much the world changes over time, and an infinite process of change means an infinite pool of new experiences to enjoy.
immortality would be fucking awesome, especially if you're interested in history.

just the idea of heaven is absolutely shit because it's "yeah life sucked so... here is everything you ever wanted. enjoy it for a year or two, then toss it away and be frustrated how fucking boring an absolutely perfect life is."
but imagine to be a ghost after death. you're a mere observer but you have all time in the world to see everything that is, and everything that will be.
immortality would gift you the possibility to gain unlimited wisdom.
>>
nothing, just simply nothing
some kind of heaven i guess
Reincarnation. already been here. no need to redo it
>>
>>559828402
Nothing.

>>what you hope / wish comes after death
Revival by friendly strong AI to live maximally extended lifespan in a series of simulated worlds designed to fulfill my values.

Nothing.

Hopefully we'll get the strong AI before I die, or before the power goes out at the cryonics institute where my body will be going.
>>
Keep zooming out into void and become edges of universe, lots of blackness, then anomalies occur, become perspective of nothingness, more small anomalies, then start to create universe, become basic consciousness of universe as a physical action or organism.
>>
>>559853893
You realize that if you download your thoughts and experiences into a machine, it is the equivalent of making a copy of some of your "data."

You are still going to die, and the backup copy you leave behind is not you. It's just like if you created a clone of yourself. Unless you could transplant your actual brain into your clone - once your body dies, you're gone.
>>
>>559853461

well, expectations can influence drug experiences, and some have called death the ultimate trip

see near-death.com

a lot of those people saw what they expected to see

then there are the atheists who were genuinely surprised

the illusion idea comes from the idea of bardos from tibetan buddhism

>Following death, according to Tibetan Buddhism, the spirit of the departed goes through a process lasting forty-nine days that is divided into three stages called "bardos."

the illusory nature is also supported by the NDE of Frederick W. H. Myers

>After Stage two, a person enters a more stable world called "the realm of illusion", Stage three. This is a dimension where things may be created with the mind and shaped by the direct action of the imagination. Though a person may linger in this stage for generations, an eventual decision must be made. The individual either returns to Earth or progresses to Stage four.
>>
>>559853574
>immortality would be fucking awesome
>just the idea of heaven is absolutely shit
>immortality would gift you the possibility to gain unlimited wisdom

but you'd be immortal in heaven
>>
nothing. the brain is like a biological supercomputer, and if the generator that keeps it running gets too old, it turns off. silence. the end.

that you actually become a ghost. not one of those that interfere with shit, like in supernatural or anything, just that you're a non-physical observer.

nothing, or a hell of a bad trip during the process of dying.
>>
>>559854968
My idea of Heaven would be equivalent to being a superhuman immortal with lots of friends and family to hang out with. No diseases, no injuries, pain, suffering. aging, or worries. But still plenty of challenges, fun, and excitement.

I think it would be fun to create a whole planet of beautiful mountains, beaches, oceans, woodlands, unusual animals, and awesome cities with advanced technology but still blend and integrate into nature.

Then there are the motorcycles, muscle cars, aircraft, and spacecraft that I would own.

And if I was feeling philosophical or in need of advice, I could call up God or go over to his house and hang out with him for a while.
>>
>>559828402
nothing
something
nothing
>>
File: nothing.jpg (69KB, 434x272px) Image search: [Google]
nothing.jpg
69KB, 434x272px
>>559828402
Nothing
>what you hope comes after death
Preferably heaven, but more realistically just a general consciousness that works independently of a body.
Nothing
>>
>>559854968
that is the problem about heaven.
you can get anything you want. forever.
nothing will face you. you become the central axis of your own reality. if you don't move, the world won't move.
in heaven, everything would depend on you. forever.
that gets quite boring because the human learns through getting approached with new things, especially ones that prove to be a challenge.
but if you were a ghost, or immortal, you wouldn't be the center of all things, but you would have the chance to see and experience so many wonderful, or difficult, or just amazing things. or have enough time to take a break from that and just think.
I think heaven is just exhausting for you.
>>
>>559853893
This, but I'd prefer to get uploaded to a machine without any "friendly AI" and be able to control robot bodies in the real world, one at a time. I'd have a fully automated factory and research facility I can operate in order to enhance the bodies and the machine I'm really in and create some other cool stuff and replace my body when destroyed. I'd also have some backups of my mind protected/flying through space that would get activated if the main facility gets destroyed. This way I could gather knowledge and discover the universe for eternity.
>>
>>559855648
ever completed a game with the godmode cheat and felt like you achieved nothing, and then there wouldn't be anything to do anymore, after you've done everything you possibly can, without even trying to find a way to do it without supertools?
imagine you couldn't just uninstall the game. you had to play it. forever. you can do EVERYTHING but nothing means any effort. there is nothing to achieve and nothing to just take part of. and that for all eternity.
and you couldn't even suicide to get the fuck out of that nightmare.
sounds awesome, huh?
>>
>>559856387
>Born
>Live
>Die
>Heaven
>Get bored
>Reincarnate
>Repeat
>>
>>559856705
stuck in an eternal cycle of restarting all over again. sounds pretty blunt but it's better than being stuck in heaven.
>>
Nothing.
Nothing.
Not afraid.

Can't really give a fuck about death, as I'll be dead once it happens, and the dead aren't capable of caring.
>>
File: That Feel Inner Peace.jpg (49KB, 599x463px) Image search: [Google]
That Feel Inner Peace.jpg
49KB, 599x463px
>>559856856
There is another theory that we are all the same person, repeating life over and over until we learn everything and become a god.
>>
>>559857106
You mean another 'idea' a theorie requires evidence, an idea does not.
>>
Nothing
Having it turn out we're in a simulation and we get placed in a parallel one and can do whatever. No monarchy of heaven, no personhood problems (as in reconstructing people in the future, or uploads etc), do whatever you want. But that said, I'll take fucking anything. I'll take Beetlejuice's afterlife over total oblivion
Nothing

>>559856387
I can't possibly imagine how living indefinitely/having forever in an afterlife could be pleasurable or interesting, therefore it isn't. Stellar logic.
>>
>>559856387

in heaven you'd be immortal. and as an immortal you could see everything that is or will be. to gain unlimited wisdom.

maybe your experiences in heaven would be limited, but would that be heaven?

why think heaven would be boring? if boredom is hell, then there is no boredom in heaven.

if heaven is unlimited wishes, and getting anything you want gets boring, then you could also wish for adversity, disease, injury, pain, suffering, aging, challenges, etc. that could even be why you have a life on earth right now. you wanted a challenge.
>>
>>559857295
*tips fedora*
>>
File: 1402249519581.jpg (438KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1402249519581.jpg
438KB, 1365x2048px
> I have absolutely no idea and it scares me

> An enternal feeling of happiness that is currently incomprehensible by humans and the ability to obtain an infinite knowledge of the universe and the ability to drift through time and space in your own reality as you please.

>Endless nothingness.
>>
>>559828402
>after death...
Greed...

>wish came...
Karma...

>afraid will come...
Winning ticket I just got before I died...
>>
I've also experienced nonexistence once, when I've had a concussion. It was surprisingly nice. For a day I didn't exist, didn't suffer and didn't worry about anything. Yet forsome reason, now it's over, I don't want to return to that state forever.
>>
>>559857565
Facts sure are cringeworthy :^)
>>
I think people need to cut others some slack when it comes to this issue, though. The idea of total nothing forever is fucking terrifying, and kind of a divide by zero error for the imagination. The emotional vacuum that can present to someone who does/did truly believe can be pretty enormous.
>>
>>559857501
>then you could also wish for adversity, disease, injury, pain, suffering, aging, challenges, etc. that could even be why you have a life on earth right now. you wanted a challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xCFoJ0aywc
>>
>>559858151
Then don't think about it, once it happens you're gone anyway.
>>
>>559844498
>Being this edgy
>2011
>ishygddt
>>
>>559828925
>>
>What if...

When you die, you transition to another timeline that's pretty much an exact copy of your prior one, where your death did not take place. You'd continue living your life normally, and it's as if nothing happened.

I know, I know. This is flawed, as it wouldn't make sense with cases where one dies of old age. I mean, you'd probably return to a certain period in time when you were younger, and all your memories of the life you had lived up to your death would vanish, thus creating a similar scenario to the death midway through your life one.

But you get the point. Something along those lines.

What if we're all in our own little Universe, and have, and will continue to live on forever? Now that'd be sweet as fuck.

I think the things we use to explain our existence were only put in here by whatever entity lies out there in order to give sense to things. Don't get me wrong, I'm a science guy all the fucking way, but see it like this:

You create a reality, and a Universe with life forms in it, and you conceive a set of rules that said life form can use to explain things within their reality.

I know this shit may sound ludicrous, but just consider it.
>>
>>559858349
Well shit, that's what I get for not reading through the whole thing before posting...

>>559858429
That's just a word game as far as I'm concerned though. Living is good and I'd like more of that and I don't see how being upset if you can't can just be hand waved away.
>>
File: 1371931949.jpg (2KB, 142x142px) Image search: [Google]
1371931949.jpg
2KB, 142x142px
>>559830317
>everything is predestined
>the holocaust, 9/11, every natural disasters were predestined
>life is fun
>>
>>559857106
the believe that time is not a line, but a space where you can, and will, be at any place at any time, huh?

sounds fucking awesome but the unicorn paradox applies:
you can't say it doesn't exist just because you haven't seen one, but you can't say they do exist because you've never seen one.
>>
>what do you think comes after death
Nothing at all
>what do you hope/wish comes after death
End of Evangelion type shit
>what are you afraid comes after death
Nothing
>>
>>559830091
Place where dead babies go
>>
File: philosoraptor #45228.jpg (103KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
philosoraptor #45228.jpg
103KB, 400x400px
I'll just leave this here
>>
>>559858349

I love Alan Watts, and I'm familiar with his ideas, but that's the first time I've heard that recording.

I got a lump in my throat.

>How far out could you get?

It reminded me of Gattaca.
>>
Nothing
Nothing
Nothing
>>
>>559853893
Are you with CI proper? Not that there's many choices in cryonics providers but they give me a bad vibe. Compared to Alcor it sounds like they take their sweet ass time.
>>
>>559854705
yeah, expectations don't really fucking matter, do they? there will be no more blood flowing to your fucking brain, which will shut down.
no more brain = no more you
how the fuck are you experiencing what you were expecting then?
>>
>>559858979
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_suicide_and_immortality

>However, if the many-worlds interpretation is true, a superposition of the live experimenter necessarily exists, regardless of how many iterations or how improbable the outcome. Barring life after death, it is not possible for the experimenter to experience having been killed, thus the only possible experience is one of having survived every iteration.
>>
>>559856696
well, you could try building a house with your bear (sic) hands. like, limiting yourself on purpose to give yourself a challenge
>>
Have fun burning in hell
>>
>>559832756
so you want to not exist? why not just fucking kill yourself then?
>>
The true test of NDEs will come when reversible suspension comes through. If they can provide details of what happened when it's physically impossible for their brain to be active it will be a big fucking deal.

Of course in that world you can literally get your head severed in a motorcycle accident and if you were wearing a helmet you'll make a full recovery. So unless you're stuck in a trash compactor or a nearby sun goes nova it won't matter as much for most people as it does today.
>>
>>559859930
Cryonics is retarded anyways, the freezing water will simply expand and ruin all the cells in your body. The only proper way to store a body intact through the ages is to replace all the bones with ceramics, freeze dry the body, then place it in a sealed plastic container filled with alcohol.
>>
>>559860256
Get sent there by default... The other side's dude loves killing babies and committing genocide...

Are you sure that God's the good one and Satan's the evil one?
>>
>>559859308

Has anyone lived a life where they had zero fun?

If there's life after death, was the Holocaust so bad?

If reality is a game, was 9/11 so bad?

Of course, it's a dangerous view. If you look at things lightly when they're dead serious, it seems like some kind of defense mechanism against the horrors of reality.

The question is still how seriously to take reality.
>>
>>559828402
You as a person do not exist. There is no soul, there is nothing that makes you any different from an ant other than the intelligence that humans got from evolution.

Your conciousness lies within your brain and everything you feel / think / desire is a part of the way humans evolved. Once you sit down and think about this for yourself, you'll eventually realize that there is no chance there will be an afterlife.
>>
>>559860481
Your conception of cryonics is laughable. Seriously. Even before vitrification water wasn't too much of an issue, arguably, but now it literally does not exist as an issue.
>>
>>559860481
I would point out though that there are some people basically arguing for what you're talking about as an alternative, chemical fixation. There are a ton of problems with that though. Basically even if information is preserved you'd be copied into an upload, and since it's doubtful that would preserve personhood it's cold comfort if you want to save your own life.
>>
>>559860029

Naturally, people who believe in an afterlife believe the soul or consciousness continues beyond death.

And Pam Reynolds had an NDE while all the blood was drained from her head.
>>
>>559860623
God ia not only "good" I mean all atheists,jewa and christians will burn in hell, im not sure for how long but they will. You're always a loser as an atheist becuase there is no win/win situation only a God exists = lose, God doesnt exist=Win
>>
>>559828402
I'm kinda hoping nothing comes after death.
Because if I'm judged by any standard, I'm fukd.

And I don't believe in reincarnation.
C'mon - who comes back as grass, or foot fungus?

And I don't believe in past lives either.
Cause If there was, then I was a French hooker who died of Tuberculosis just before the French Revolution really got going.
Everyone claims to be some great general, leader, or some important figure. But for every one important person, there were about 99,999 totally unimportant, completely unmentionably plain, boring people.
LIke, I was a foot soldier in Saladin's army. But I got killed in the first five minutes of my first battle. Never even got to swing my sword at anybody and a goddamned pike goes up my groin and damned near out my ass.
That's the kind of lives nearly every one of you plebs will have led... over and over and over again.
>>
>>559861265
Let's say Universal Salvation is a thing (and the supernatural is too of course). How is that a losing proposition?
>>
>>559861419
Why should god create only a heaven?
What happens with the "bad" ones? That makes no sense.
You should fear the hell dude
>>
>>559860481

Some people believe they'll be able to survive death by having their brain plastinated (possibly before they're braindead) and waiting for technology to electrically resurrect (or simulate) their "connectome."

>To understand why Hayworth wants to plastinate his own brain you have to understand his field — connectomics, a new branch of neuroscience. A connectome is a complete map of a brain’s neural circuitry. Hayworth looks at the growth of connectomics — especially advances in brain preservation, tissue imaging, and computer simulations of neural networks — and sees a cure for death.

>Among some connectomics scholars, there is a grand theory: We are our connectomes. Our unique selves — the way we think, act, feel — is etched into the wiring of our brains. Unlike genomes, which never change, connectomes are forever being molded and remolded by life experience.
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.