[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm being sued for 10k and i wanna ask for some opinions

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 17

File: ajrRvxq_460sa.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
ajrRvxq_460sa.gif
2MB, 400x225px
I'm being sued for 10k and i wanna ask for some opinions on how fucked i am.

>Go to dog beach with my sister
>walking my dog next to the water
>some girl comes from the water and grabs my dogs face (without asking) to take a close look at his eyes. Because they are different colors
>dog freaks out bites the girls hand
>blood

Now im being sued for 10k for "medical bills"
Live in the states, my dog has all his shots,
what do u guys think my chances are?
>>
They gonna put the dog down for being violent? :(
>>
>>558560016

I don't think my dogs in any danger of being put down atm. So unless the judge says something about it when i go to small claims he should be ok.
>>
>>558559730
It's the bitches fault as long as you can prove she came up and grabbed the dogs face it ain't your fault.
>>
As far as I'm concerned it's the stupid girl's fault, plus you have your sister as a witness and I'm sure others saw as well.
>>
>>558559730
Say it as it is. Not much you can do.
She confidently walked towards your dog and grabbed his/her face. I would be surprised if it wouldn't have bitten a complete stranger.
I am assuming the dog didn't continue to attack afterwards, he just bit to get away from her, right?

I doesn't matter if you are approaching a human or a dog, if you grab someone's fucking face that's assault and I would do my very best to defend myself.
She was ridiculously stupid for doing something like this, all dogs have different personalities and are used to different things.

If the judges can't understand this you're basically fucked.
>>
>>558559730
And 10k is a bit steep in medical bills unless your dog really fucked that kid up. I got bit by a poisonous spider and only have to pay 600, I doubt your dog did nearly as much damage
>>
>>558559730
Are you rich? If not, you don't have to pay.
>>
how old is the girl
>>
Was it on a leash? That could make a big difference in how this is viewed.
>>
>>558559730
Should have run away when it happened
>>
>>558559730
Was your dog on a leash when this happened?

Also, what state are you in and what breed is your dog?
>>
Put your dog in hiding.
>>
>>558560817
>>558560841
>>558561186
>>558561318

My dog bit her and ran he did not attack her more.
There were witnesses that said they saw the whole thing and would defend me but after i talked to the dad i didn't think i would get sued, I thought he would just send me the medical bill. so i mest up and didn't get any phone numbers.
>>
File: 1403158713785.png (98KB, 390x310px) Image search: [Google]
1403158713785.png
98KB, 390x310px
Your dog is your responsibility.

A dog is not a human.

You should have to pay the bills because your property harmed someone.

I know it isn't your fault and the dog just wanted to defend itself, but that's the law, kiddo.

Unless you can prove the person inticed the dog and that it has otherwise a nice demeanor.

But then you would spend loads in civil court in lawyers fees and just have to hope the other side drop the case.

>mfw ur fucked
>>
>>558562672
>inticed
>wut

Unfortunately, some of what this anon says is true. In terms of legality, you are responsible for all that. Depending on the judge, they may waive it if you can prove you did not give permission for bitch to touch your bitch
>>
>>558562434
>>558562006
>>558561905
>>558561701
>>558561565
>>558561397

I'm a broke bastard but my dads middle class ish.
the girl was like 10-11 i didn't ask just a guess.
Yes he was on a leash he was like 5 feet away from me.
>>
The keyword you need to worry about here is
>provocation

You aren't liable for damages, so long as you took reasonable precautions (whether he was on a leash for example), if she provoked the dog. She needs to prove by a preponderance of evidence that the attack was unprovoked, you need to assert that it was in fact provoked because she grabbed your dog's face without asking you if it was ok. If your story is the truth, then in this case the negligence was on her part.
>>
>>558562978

Enticed, my bad.

If he was to lawyer up and scare the shit out of other side with the likely hood of massive fees, they may settle to just cover medical bills.

The overall 10k sum means they went to some retard accident claims ambo chasing lawyer.
>>
>>558563147
The girls is actually minor ? Then it's her parents responsibility to protect her from your dog.
>>
>>558562672
>Your brick is your responsibility.
>A brick is not a human.
>You should have to pay the bills because your property harmed someone.
>I know it isn't your fault and the chick hit herself in the face with your brick, but that's the law, kiddo.
>Unless you can prove the person inticed the brick and that it has otherwise a nice demeanor.
>But then you would spend loads in civil court in lawyers fees and just have to hope the other side drop the case.
>>mfw ur fucked
>>
>>558563592
I don't even know if he needs to lawyer up and scare the shit out of them, he just needs a lawyer that can help him prove his dog is not a psychopath and then prove that they are going after anything and everything unfairly. Paint the prosecution as greedy bastards.

I appreciate you for fixing the spelling error. You're a lovely person.
>>
File: flopping-fish.gif (952KB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
flopping-fish.gif
952KB, 200x180px
a cut on your hand actually does cost $10,000 to fix in the USA, you're fucked OP
>>
>>558563147
If your dog was on a leash then you ought to be OK.

>>558564065
>Yuro doesn't know crap about US medical system
>Meanwhile, he's paying taxes as high as 50% for his "free" medical care
>>
>>558563667

You making a retarded analogy that doesn't fit doesn't change what he said.

In lots of places, if you don't salt your driveway (or, say, leave a brick in your step loose or something for your stupid fucking analogy) and some retard slips you're responsible. Did you know that?
>>
>Go to beach with mah nigga
>some girl comes from the water and grabs mah nigga's face (without asking) to take a close look at his eyes. Because they are different colors
>mah nigga freaks out and punches girl in face
>blood
>>
>>558562672
>>558562978
>>558563260

He was on a leash and she did come up and grab his face without asking. hopefully with proof that's enough to win me the case. Atm though its my word against theirs since i didn't collect any witnesses.
10 grand does seem like ridiculous number though,
its also the mother that's suing me not the father who i talked to.
>>
>>558564219

I live in Canada and I'd gladly pay higher taxes to not live in a shithole where I can be completely and irredeemably fucked by healthcare fees if I hurt myself.
>>
>>558559730
I reckon the 10k is an overstatement meant to scare you into trying to settle out of court. I do not believe a bit by a dog could cause bills anywhere near that amount.

My brother was bitten by a dog, unprovoked, when he was 7. However we live in England and don't need our lawyers to settle ridiculous debates, the owners bought him a packet of crisps and a coke, we stuck a plaster on it and went on with our lives.

Inb4 not a bad bite, because he still has the scars from it on his arm 12 years later.
>>
>>558564493
>where I can be completely and irredeemably fucked by healthcare fees if I hurt myself.

>Still not understanding the system
>Defending outrageous taxes

But hey, whatever gives you the illusion of superiority.
>>
>>558564374

More than likely, you will only have to pay medical costs, unless they play on "mental anguish" caused.

You won't end up paying 10k, don't worry.
>>
>>558562590

Yeah that was a mistake, you always get numbers of witnesses. I think it's actually the law that if you witness a crime you have to leave your contact information.
Anyway, it sounds like they're not gonna have any witnesses when it goes to court either so it's going to be your word against theirs and vice versa. Just tell it how it is, the parents weren't watching and the girl ran up and grabbed your dog's face while he was leashed and you were holding on to him.

Am I forgetting anything?
>>
>>558564374

> Atm though its my word against theirs

Then you're probably fucked, sorry. Any time something like this happens, always call the police. They'll interview witnesses and an official report will be generated that can be used as evidence in a civil trial.
>>
>>558564774

I have a friend in Michigan who has to pay out the ass for medication and it pretty much constantly fucks her life, because usually she can't afford them.

Meanwhile, I pay my 'outrageous taxes' and can feel confident I'll get treatment, and I can still afford leisure activities because I don't get forced to cover extortionate medical bills myself for shit that's sometimes out of my control and means.

I don't have an illusion of superiority over Americans, just your fucking worthless government.

But hey, whatever keeps your taxes low, friend.
>>
A few years ago my sister had her friend over. It was dark in the room and my dog was on the floor chewing a bone. My sister's friend, not realizing the dog was chewing a bone, rushed at him to pet him, the dog reacted and jumped on her and bit her ear. It bit a 0.5 in chunk out. They sued us for $25,000 and killed the dog. It was the sweetest dog in the world, never hurt anyone. What dog DOESN'T react like that when it's eating food and gets lunged at by a stranger?? The legal system is fucked up. Let this serve as a warning. Don't have animals around strangers unless you want to risk getting sued for a ridiculous amount of money + have your animal killed.
>>
File: 1406084089479.gif (2MB, 384x282px) Image search: [Google]
1406084089479.gif
2MB, 384x282px
>>558559730
>only in fucking 'murica
were stupid people can sue others for their own stupidity and get away with it
/thread
>>
>>558565138
>I have a friend in Michigan who has to pay out the ass for medication and it pretty much constantly fucks her life, because usually she can't afford them.

Then she should've gotten any of the following:
1: cheap insurance
2: off-brand medication
3: gov't assistance

But hey, stay ignorant, I hear it's chic now.
>>
>>558565175

Yeh I was going to say, the judge might order the dog to be killed, be very aware of that.
>>
>>558564813

Why would he have to pay their medical bills? I thought it was pretty well established that the fault was entirely on the girl/parents?
>>
>>558564813

cool im hoping that happens and i only have to cover the medical bill

>>558564831

i don't think you are

>>558564370

I don't its right to compare my dog to a nigga

>>558563592

i believe your right, sounds like a lawyer =(

Thanks for the advice everyone i go to court in about 2 weeks ill let u know how it goes lol
>>
>>558565425

>if you can't pay your medical bills just get cheaper medication and better insurance lol

you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>558565138

Why are Canadians always so bitter?
I've never met a Canadian that wasn't a total asshole. It's getting old.
>>
>>558565616

His property still harmed someone else. As someone mentioned before, if anyone is harmed on your property then you're liable. That's why you need a fence around a pool and home insurance is through the fucking roof if you have a trampoline.

As retarded as it sounds, he didn't stop his property from harming someone, so it is his fault.

It's retarded, I know
>>
>>558565718
You and your friend don't understand what's available in the US.

There are free clinics, programs for cheap/free medication, cheap insurance that covers medication, and government assistance for nearly everything.

I'll say it again, stay ignorant.
>>
>>558562672
pssh nothing personnel kid
>>
As a pretend lawyer from pretend Yale university, I can safely say that you're fine. That will be 600 dollars please
>>
My brother was watching my dog and a neighbor, who my dog has never liked, decided to come over with a baby in her arms to play with the dogs....that dont like her. My dog jumped up in excitement and nipped the babies foot. I think there was a bruise and small bleeding. The new parents flipped the fuck out and went after me for money. Thats right the guy who wasnt there and wasnt even at my house. They went after me cause i made more money then everyone else. I ended up making my brother and his roommates go in and pay the medical bills because they let the stupid bitch go outside with the dogs but made the homeowners sign a document that said they wouldnt sue me later. They said they would not sign anything so i didnt give them any money. A week later the father showed up signed the document and i gave him the check. If i was you i would try to contact the father, or the original person you talked to. Try and handle this out of court. Otherwise you will pay more money and they will put the dog down. Goodluck
>>
>>558565908

Like I said, I've got nothing against Americans. Your government is just fucking frustrating, it's like watching a car crash.

Watching some moron go "lol why pay taxes when you can pay out the ass for insurance instead, that way you're doing basically the same thing only they can charge you more if you've got a history of medical problems (being the people who fucking need insurance the most) and backpedal with legal loopholes anyway." just makes me wince.
>>
>>558565718

Enjoy your shitty high taxes. I don't pay your taxes and my job covers all of my insurance.
Get fucked syrup sucker
>>
>>558566067

Where in the US do you live? What state?
>>
Kill the child, silence the wound, its the law of nature, destroy what threatens you.

No one is above natures laws...
>>
>>558565493

Highly, highly doubtful if this was the first time anything like this has happened, especially considering the circumstances of her grabbing the dog's face.

I don't know what state you're in OP, is this going to a small claims court? If so, the judge is going to rip the plaintiff to pieces.

>You say you were swimming and the dog bit you? How did it close enough to bite you then? You claim it wasn't on a leash? Why didn't the dog pursue you? Let me remind you that lying in court is perjury.
>>
>>558565175

Dam... sry to hear that, The U.S laws don't seem to give a shit about the lives of dogs
>>
>>558566504

>Enjoy your shitty high taxes.

I will. That's another thing tons of retards don't understand, it doesn't always have to fucking be every man for himself.
>>
>>558566427

I wasn't accusing you of being against Americans. I'm saying you're a bitter asshole.

>>558566575

We have all of those things in Oregon.
>>
>>558566670
>>558566575

California
>>
>>558566670

I like this guy
>>
hide the dog and pretend you didn't receive the court summon
>>
>>558566575
Texas, not that it matters.

Free clinics and federal benefits exist nationwide.

>>558566427
Way to misrepresent what I'm saying.

You're a bit slow, aren't you?
>>
>>558565702

You should give the dog to a friend or another family member for a little while.
>>
>>558566935

I do 2
>>
>>558566575
Seriously dude... Just stop... You don't understand us healthcare.... And you're sounding dumber and dumber... I'm sure your "friend" in michigan is totally real.
>>
>>558566725
It's the "muh chilluns" crowd.

>>558567102
This might be a good idea, say it ran away or something.
>>
>>558566841

It doesn't hurt to be a little cynical about governments, especially ineffective ones. Or are you going to start saying your congress is competent now?

You need to realize that just because people don't live in your country and vote for your representatives doesn't mean their policies don't buttfuck everyone. Canada's a little canoe tied to your fucking aircraft carrier, I'm not going to deny that, and if your stupid congress sinks it we go with you. So of course I'm bitter, especially when I see a lot of my friends get buttfucked by silly policy.
>>
>>558559730
What theory is she suing under?

If your dog was leashed and you know that your dog has no propensity to bite, then you should be off the hook.
>>
Most of the time they put the dog down not because of any laws but so they can test the dog for rabies. The only way to do this is to kill the dog and test its brain.
>>
>>558565493
I would have kidnapped the child, and cut of her legs from her knee's...

Then agian, killing my dog would be a severe as killing one of my family...

Afterwords, i would burn down there house and claim insanity, what happens afterwords would be irrelevant.
>>
>>558566806
No... It's not every man for himself... Its disincentives to work. "Disability" in the US is the Closest thing we have. Unemployment is ok, but it runs out... Disability... Gift that keeps on giving.
>>
Assuming you can prove that she came at the dog and you don't live in a state or city with retarded pet laws you should be fine.
>>
In all honesty, you're probably fucked but not as fucked as you think you are. You'll probably be found guilty but not of 10k.

Because it was animal vs human attack
Because it's a park where the assumption is ALL pets are friendly and safe/controlled
Because it bit a female (more emotional persuasion)

Your chances of winning or getting dropped aren't too high but I highly doubt it'll be 10k
>>
>>558566806

You're a retard who has never been to the US or went when you were like 12 to Florida and now assume you know everything about the US. The BBC, reddit, 4Chan or your stupid online buddies are not a representation of the whole of the US or how it works.

About 0% of Americans want socialized healthcare, because they don't want it. If you cant afford it, most of the time it gets waived through the appropriate programme. It is almost impossible to not be covered by healthcare if you have a job.

You idiots always think you know whats best because you watched a video on youtube once. I have received 10x better care in the US than I did anywhere in Europe (Germany, UK and France)

This is all coming from a Brit living in the US. Have fun on a 5 month waiting list for that hernia operation.
>>
>>558567290

Only a Canadian could be so fucking stupid as to think the average American has fucking anything to do with what their government is doing.
I don't know how much you actually know about America, but our federal government is gonna do whatever the fuck they want regardless of what the people vote for.

Now stop acting like you, I, or anybody else you've ever talked to has anything at all to do with what the government does. The average American gives as much of a fuck about his country as you do about it.

Bitch about foreign policy all you like if you want. You're not changing anything and it's just going to reinforce the "bitter asshole" thing.
>>
>>558565702
medical bills are likely to be 10k or more. The US medical system is broken as fuck.

Last month I went to the emergency room cause I thought I had a concussion (I went to one of those small medical places for stitches on my face, they told me to go get checked for a concussion) I saw a doctor for 5 minutes, he basically explained that I didn't have a concussion, and I had to pay 1000 bucks for it (not including stitches)
>>
>>558567317

According the the summon its just medical bills. The summon says she has proof of the medical bills .

Not exactly sure how a bite come to be 10k, I'm hoping the judge calls bullshit and my dog doesn't get put down.
>>
>>558567290
Well here's an idea, maybe get pissed at the lobbyists running our country instead of the people who live here and have their votes bought out.

I'll remind you that this isn't about the US, it's about you (and your friends, apparently) not understanding how the system works and talking down on it.

I mean really, do you think that we think our current situation is ideal?

Watch this:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/big-sky-big-money/

And I can guarantee you that the same thing's happening in Canada.
>>
>>558567290
Correction... Everyone will go with us... Not just Canada.

No one said congress was effective here... Less than 10% Approval.

House of rep should have a 10 year limit.

Senate should be voted by state legislatures not popular vote... As originally intended. (Term limit them too)

Elections should be publicly funded..

Voting should be mandatory.

See all the things that would fix our country... Not one will happen.

People pay a lot of money for status quo.
>>
>>558567924
She inflated hoping your homeowners policy will cover it
>>
>>558567792
>About 0% of Americans want socialized healthcare

I want socialized healthcare, obamacare isn't best representive of it.

You're wrong now your percentage is .00000000000000000001% (me faggot)
>>
contributory negligence
>>
1. Why did you give them your information to allow them to sue you, why did you not run away?

2. Lie out your ass, say the girl called your dog ugly, you called her a cunt then she pushed you and your loyal k9 instincts kicked in and defended your honor
>>
>>558567906
That's because you went to the ER, which is *the* most expensive place.

Could've gone to a free clinic, likely with the same wait.

You really ought to learn to work the system before saying it's broken.
>>
>>558568218
I know your post wasn't directed at me...

But I'm an American and I think each state should have it's own exchange. And any citizen can buy in to any state's exchange... You just gotta pay... Better system.. More bargaining power. It would derail insurance companies.
>>
>>558559730
she might win if your dog wasnt on a leash

you're gonna pay more than 10K in legal bills anyway
>>
this is why I never give out my real name
Americans (I am one) are so sue-happy it makes me sick
>>
>>558567906
Most of the "tests" they do are for liability reasons to rule certain odd things out (many of which highly unlikely) so they don't get sued for negligence or malpractice.

They probably knew you had no concussion to begin with. Any nurse or nurse tech even, would know. Hell, if you goddamn webmd'ed yourself, you could know it....

But they needed a doc to perform the tests for liability and to weasel you out of every last cent you have (a thing American doctors are notorious for but rarely called out on).

Next time, tell them that you just need the barebones. In that case stiches and NOTHING else. They will fucking charge you 200 dollars for an aspirin in an emergency room so make sure you know what they're doing every step of the way..... and don't let them do shit that seems unnecessary and expensive.
>>
>>558568525
Implying she'll be able to collect a judgment if OP is a broke nigga
>>
just kill the daughter and you get rid of all the evidence
>>
>>558567906
>>558567636
>>558567426

I'm thinking the same thing butt hoping otherwise
>>
>>558568550
>Americans (I am one) are so sue-happy it makes me sick

That's libel, I'mma need your info.
>>
>woman frightens dog by assaulting its face
>gets bit for being a dumb bitch
>claims victim

Well since it's a woman you're probably fucked. If it were a dude who got bit then you would just say "Yeah this faggot grabbed my dogs face for no reason and my dog defended itself"
>>
>>558559730
hate to say it op, you're fucked. in the us, if a dog causes even the tiniest bit of harm to someone other than the owner, they can press charges and win in a slam dunk. you will have to pay, but you can possibly negotiate to a lower amount if you get a fantastic lawyer.

the toughest part is that the dog WILL get put down if that's what she wants, unless you spend WAYYYY more than $10k in lawyer/court fees while spending several months proving that it isn't normally violent.
>>
>>558560534
You should put the dog down. If it bites someone again YOU can be charge as you were aware it a history of violence/sporadic action.
>>
>>558568778

You should disregard everything everyone is saying in this thread and retain your own attorney.

Most state have "dog bite" statutes which will govern this sort of case. Your lawyer will represent you zealously.

That is the only advice worth giving you.
>>
File: 1328078293409.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1328078293409.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>558562672

Mfw "intice" is not a fucking word and you don't even know how to English properly.
>>
File: 1398993309898.jpg (22KB, 403x266px) Image search: [Google]
1398993309898.jpg
22KB, 403x266px
Well it looks like Colonel Canada bailed.

What would happen if OP were to have the dog stay with a friend or family for a little while? Like say the court date comes and the judge orders to have the dog put down and OP's like "I gave him away to a stranger", what's gonna happen?
>>
>>558565175
What kind of dog was it?
>>
actually op give the dog to family or friend and say it ran away when/if the judge says your dog is to be put down, cause if that dog is put down its all your fault
>>
>>558567792
Ok Frenchfag here. In France, doctors appointments are pretty much the only thing that is ever on time. My appointment is at 3? Im ready at 3 and so is the doctor it takes 20 mins. in the us, an appointment at 3 really means 4:30, and it takes about an hour. Its painfully slow. I can't talk for serious injuries though as i've not had any living in either place...
>>
>>558569202
>Most state have "dog bite" statutes which will govern this sort of case.

no shit sherlock, he's asking for examples of what happened in these cases tard.
>>
>>558569064

Implying there is such a thing as "American law of dog bites." Fucking moron.
>>
>>558562672
So your saying if someone came over to my house, cut down a tree and let the tree fall on him, it would be my fault?
>>
>>558569178
that's another good point, if it EVER happened again you are in a LOT of fucking trouble no matter what. it's almost not even worth keeping the dog at all given how severely, irreparably fucked you would be on round 2
>>
File: 1398667329327.jpg (77KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
1398667329327.jpg
77KB, 550x413px
>>558559730
>mfw I was once bit by a dog when I was 12
>the only thing I did was grow a pair
>wrapped my hand in gauze for a month and a half
>called it a day. Looking back on it, not suing 1some guy 10k over it which would destroy his marriage and probably make him come short on bills, I feel like the truly better person. Sad that in today's world, a little girl learning a lesson not to fuck with animals and her parents not having enough control to say dont fuck with people's dogs results in the dog being put down in many cases or someone losing a fuckton of money over it.
>>
>>558569064

oooh OP should leave little notes for the girl with pictures of his dog as a puppy and be like "if you keep crying, then this adorable little face is gonna die". No 10 year old girl is going to want a dog killed. Slam fucking dunk
>>
>>558569202
Prelaw fag spotted. Be sure to disclose that you aren't representing him or providing legal advice ;-)
>>
>>558569209
>Well it looks like Colonel Canada bailed.

Probably talking to his "friend in Michigan."

Canadians on /k/ are cool, but they seem to be insufferable faggots on every other board. I wonder why that is.

If he just gave the dog to someone he knew then it's possible that he could be ordered to find it and surrender it.

It'd be better if Fido "ran away."
>>
>>558569364

Which is something his lawyer will explain to the court, after doing the appropriate research as applicable to his jurisdiction and to the facts of his client.

Any other advice is a waste of OPs time.
>>
>>558569442
most states genuinely do have dog bite laws you fucking pleb
>>
>>558559730
why does this kid have your personal info to sue you in the first place, kick that bitch back in the ocean and keep walking faggot
>>
Not gonna lie man, you're pretty fucked. I think your best bet is to try and settle for a lower amount, but I think they'll squeeze your for the 10 grand. Fucking sucks man. It is entirely the girls fault, but that's not the way the court will look at it.
>>
>>558569587

Protip: advising someone to retain an attorney is not legal advise to any reasonable person, and the disclaimer is not necessary.
>>
>>558569489

>get your dog killed cuz you might owe money later

You've either never had pets or you're a huge piece of shit. To most people a pet is like part of the family and you don't kill them "just in case".
>>
>>558565214

THIS

where IMBECILES have practically irrefutable power
>>
>>558566427
>Your government is just fucking frustrating, it's like watching a car crash

>Doesn't live inside a country yet cares about it's policies more than most of it's citizens, thinks he knows it better than it's own citizens and is buttfrusterated over it's own citizens enjoying their lives.

I bet you're the kind of guy that tells his friends how to live their lives.
>>
>>558569775
>Any other advice is a waste of OPs time.

Unless the advice comes from a source in which that happened to them already. I'm not saying you're wrong fag, obviously a lawyer word is the law of the outcome. But at least OP can get a basic understanding of what he might hear or might understand
>>
>>558569861

her moms suing, i gave her dad my info because i said i would cover the medical bills but instead his wife decided to sue me i guess
>>
>>558569979
where in the fuck did i say kill it? a dog can be alive without the original owner present, dipshit
>>
>>558569957
Telling him to disregard all the other advice in the thread is enough that you should disclaim.

Reread and rethink if you actually disagree.
>>
>>558569516
lol europoor detected
>>
>>558569807

uh huh... and let me guess. they are all the same meaning that "in murrca owner payees errtime"
>>
>>558569957
Also its "legal advice" so we can be fairly certain you don't need to disclaim anyways.
>>
>>558570143
so you not have to commit a murder, good job dude you really fucked up on this one...if you want instructions on dead body disposal just ask.
>>
>>558569209
>>558567102
>>558567280
>>558569293
I DEMAND ANSWAHR

>>558570065

He's gone, now shut the fuck up.
>>
File: BannedInBritain.jpg (114KB, 900x745px) Image search: [Google]
BannedInBritain.jpg
114KB, 900x745px
>>558569995
That's what happens when you try to institute equality in politics and let everyone have a say under the assumption that the electorate will be rational and informed.

It's not just the US though.

Dr. Bones' ride is world wide.
>>
>>558570187

No, because telling someone to seek legal advice from persons license to practice in that state is not a legal service, therefore not legal advice.
>>
>>558569587
>>558570187
>>558570341
this is fucking 4chan so there are no lawyers in the goddamn thread to begin with and who gives a fuck anyway
>>
>>558559730
poor doggie is blind in one eye
>>
File: 1398407888706.jpg (57KB, 650x432px) Image search: [Google]
1398407888706.jpg
57KB, 650x432px
>>558570180

calm your bitch tits down, bitch tits. I meant to reply to >>558569489
>>
>>558565214

Think that's about right, i heard some lady sued big tobacco cause her husband got lung cancer and won like billions.

gg i'm fucked.
>>
>>558559730
Lawyer up. There's a legal doctrine that applies called contributory negligence. Is the girl a minor? You could argue her parents failed to control her, knowing there were dogs in the beach.
>>
>>558570341

>implying non-lawyers cannot break legal ethics rules...

good god.
>>
>>558570253

Read the thread dumbass, I live in Oregon.
>>
>>558570275
get a dog, cause someone to fuck with it until it nips them, and find out yourself faggot. the owner is at a colossal fucking disadvantage everytime, they'll always have to pay SOME kind of reparations. "i was bit by his dog" is a fact the courts never overlook, it's just a matter of what the victim gets for being in that situation
>>
>>558570548
TELLING HIM TO DISREGARD ALL OTHER ADVICE CONSTITUTES LEGAL ADVICE IN THE UNITED STATES.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN ADMITTED BY -ANY- STATE BAR ASSOCIATION YOU WOULD BE REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE.

>>558570748
Of course there are lawyers. And the point of the internet is to argue.
>>
>>558570065
>accusing someone of the exact same thing you were doing
>>
People shouldn't have the right to sue.
>>
>>558570782
FUCK I meant >>558569178
>>
>>558571303

not for stupid shit like this.

fucking dog bit a finger not attacked a person. Whiny faggots.
>>
>>558567439
Mah nigga. We could be best buds.
>>
>>558571008
Eugene here.
Now unless we're gonna either fuck or fight I expect an apology for what you said to me anon.
>>
>>558571194

First, "in the United States" = you're a fucking idiot.

Second, telling a person to disregard non-lawyer advice and seek legal advice is not, for the last and final time, legal advice. It simply isn't.
>>
>>558567906
Cunts fucked
>>
>>558570813
>i heard some lady sued big tobacco cause her husband got lung cancer and won like billions

Yup, a case in Florida that's been going on since like 1996.

It seems rather insane, but whatever. I'm all for screwing corporate interests.

>>558571194
>the point of the internet is to argue

No it isn't.
>>
File: Judgy Judy Banner.jpg (24KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
Judgy Judy Banner.jpg
24KB, 512x288px
>>558559730
You need some judge judy in this bitch.
>>
>>558571603

To be honest I'm not sure why you said I was Euro in response to me suggesting OP make the little girl cry and beg her parents not to let the dog die. I just saw the "poor" part and... well you know how easy it is to take something the wrong way on 4chan.

Now about the fucking part, are you a hot chick or a hot passable trap?
>>
I was in a car crash have jaw and shoulder pains because of it got like 500$ she should not get 10 grand over that.
>>
>>558565908
Not all Canadians are bitter! I will have a beer and a barbecue with anyone. I have American friends and we get along just fine. There is however an overwhelming amount of stuck up Assholes where I live, think they are better then everyone else. American or Canadian the world is full of assholes.
>>
>>558571668
The a portion of the recent judgment will be overturned at the appellate level. It will end up being in the 10s of millions.

>>558571627
>>First, "in the United States" = you're a fucking idiot.

Geographics play a huge role on what is applicable.
>>
>>558568802
Gordon Fuchyezelf

It's foreign.
>>
>>558571965
>To be honest I'm not sure why you said I was Euro in response to me suggesting OP make the little girl cry and beg her parents not to let the dog die.
Because you're suggesting the average American ten year old girl wouldn't think it was hilarious that OPs dog died.
>Now about the fucking part, are you a hot chick or a hot passable trap
I was gonna ask you the same thing.
>>
>>558572201

"Geographics play a huge role on what is applicable."

HOLY SHIT YOU THINK? I DON'T BELIEVE IT!
>>
>>558564493
bitch i had the left side of my hand sewn back on for 100 bucks
>>
>>558571840
>Was the dog on a leash?!
>Why did you touch the dog's face without asking?!
>Why are you in my court wasting my time because an animal acted like an animal?!
>GTFO!

>>558572259
I just looked that up and there's no such person in the entirety of the United States.

I'm going to have my lawyer Mr. Hebrewburg track you down and massage your prostate with a subpoena.

>>558572201
>It will end up being in the 10s of millions.

Still pretty dope, except for the whole dead husband thing.
>>
>>558565908
They're just so insecure abiut being from what is pretty much the 51st state.
>>
>>558572940
Ah, Jewzebel Hewbrewburg is my cousin, so your lawyer must be my cousin-in-law.

Good luck, friend!
>>
File: 1406083618700.gif (926KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
1406083618700.gif
926KB, 500x433px
>>558570813
In my country we would blame the parents for failing to observe the child and they would be directly accountable for the kids doing, not like that really matters as any medical bills would be paid with tax money anyway.

But, this is one of the main reasons i am not moving to 'murica, i mean its like you need a billion $ cash in reserve just to leave the house because some dork could run into you on the sidewalk and sue you for not jumping out of the way...ridiculous as it is.
>>
>>558572195

I wish more Canadians were like you, anon.

>>558572385

You really think so? I'm in Salem and little girls cry all over the fucking place about everything, I can't imagine OP couldn't make a little girl cry by telling her it was her fault his dog died.
I still don't really understand what that has to do with being European and poor though.

And unfortunately I am a 6'3 240lb white as fuck male. I am fucking stunning though.
>>
>>558566032

Kind of not his fault if the dumb cunt walks up to the dog and intentionally pisses it off.

It would be just the same if same bitch pulls up a brick from your walkway, trips over it and claims injuries.
>>
>>558559730
You're lucky when my friend was 8 part of his face was bitten off by a dog and they sued for 500 grand. He got it all when he turned 18 and our lives are great
>>
>>558559730
Your fucked. In a good world you would be fine but let's be honest that ain't this one
>>
File: Jewzi.gif (3MB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
Jewzi.gif
3MB, 400x296px
>>558573291
My Hebrewburg isn't married.

He recently graduated from Shekeltington Law in the UK after serving in the IDF.
>>
File: 1406152501683.png (417KB, 530x622px) Image search: [Google]
1406152501683.png
417KB, 530x622px
>>558559730
from a common sense perspective, its her fault.
From a legal perspective I cannot say, although I wouldn't be surprised if the judge throws it out of court.
You will need a lawyer though.
honestly the story needs more detail
>>
>>558574292
Oh, you don't know? I actually just got back from their wedding in July. So many plates lost their lives that day.
>>
lawfag here.
You're probably in a tort case.
To win a tort case, a plaintiff must prove all of the following:
1. That the defendant was bound by a duty to prevent the harm
2. That the defendant breached that duty
3. That the defendant's breach caused the harm
4. That the harm resulted in damages that can be awarded monetary compensation.

Your state probably has a statute governing, or has previous court decisions about, the duties that dog owners are bound by.
Certainly if you had the dog on a leash, you're not totally negligent here. However, there might be more stringent requirements that you breached.

Even if you owe a duty and breached said duty, there could be intervening causes that let you off the hook. Again, this is where state-specific laws will come into play. I can see states holding either way: that those who approach unfamiliar dogs do so at their own risk (and so you'd be safe) or I can see states saying that by virtue of owning a dog, the owner takes on the responsibility for all of the dog's behavior, and thus they are liable for any violent outbursts in the dog.
In typing that out, the second one seems more likely, which means you're probably screwed.

Proving damages is a lot more loosey-goosey and beyond the purview of any relevant advice I can give.
>>
>>558564493
Ive only been to the hospital once since i left my mothers womb just stop being a fucking dumbass and hurting yourself in the first place. And if you do get hurt, tough if out you big pansy
>>
File: le happy merchant gun.gif (3MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
le happy merchant gun.gif
3MB, 400x300px
>>558574667
Oh, then I guess you're related to my lawyer.

Surely he'll put family ties before dollaridoos.

Surely.
>>
>>558565075
>911 whats your emergency
>"uh yea some girl grabbed my dog and it bit her and now they want to press charges"
>alright we will have someone down there momentarily
*short while later*
>what seems to be the problem here
>"well my dog bit this girl..
*bang*
>dog is kill
>no
>>
>>558565175
My brothers friend dog was shot by a police officer because it accidentally scratched somebody when it jumped up playing around and the women called the police saying it but her when it really didn't. When the cop showed up the garage door was open and it walked outside to see who was there and the cop just shot the dog in I quote "self defense" when the dog was nowhere near the officer and was not running at him. I swear it's only because it was a pit bull.
>>
>>558566427
You do realize most jobs that arent shit minimum wage jobs will cover your insurance costs? Maybs your friend was already homeless and poor to begin with
>>
>>558565214
You can /thread on your own post retard
>>
>>558576401

>implying 911 is the only way to contact the police
>implying the police don't have a number for non emergency calls
>>
>>558577427
>can't*
>>
File: 1406083539840.gif (1MB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1406083539840.gif
1MB, 600x800px
>heaven
>>
File: beagle.jpg (14KB, 284x300px) Image search: [Google]
beagle.jpg
14KB, 284x300px
OP if your dog was leashed you are most likely fine, sorry asshole parents are trying to extort you
>>
>>558577490
Okay fine they will still send a cop down there and in murrica cops will shoot a dog if they feel it is being hostile
>>
>>558559730
10k sounds like a scare tactic... but frankly if i were in their position I'd use the "put the dog down" as the scare tactic.

Ultimately it comes down to between you and the parent of the girl over who's job it would be to keep that situation from happening. Generally people have taken a very liberal stance on how retarded kids should be allowed to behave while having the world compensate for their idiocy. Apparently dogs are expected to show better discernment than people their own age.

Shit sux, good lawyer is basically a must. (I wouldn't rely on a cool judge who'd throw this out and blame the parent for letting their kid wrangle strange dogs.)
>>
>>558562672
I go to your house and stab myself.
I sue you for 10k because your property harmed me.
Sorry it's the law, kiddo
>>
File: 1405335081001.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1405335081001.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>558559730
Hire a hitman and kill the bitch
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.