[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: post things that changed your life/world view/approach of

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 45

ITT: post things that changed your life/world view/approach of religion and people etc.

Anything it is - books, movies, music and even games.
>>
When a psychologist explained to me how it's mostly thoughts that lead to feelings and emotions, and not the other way around. Think about it.
>>
>>558060669
the movie yes man had a profound impact on my life
>>
>>558060669
When the priest who was raping me ejaculated into my ass.
>>
File: VTS_01_4.webm (2MB, 702x470px)
VTS_01_4.webm
2MB, 702x470px
>>
>>
>>558060924
really? I thought about it but found so many flaws in it that it had no impact at all...
>>
File: 1313330807655.jpg (19KB, 451x263px) Image search: [Google]
1313330807655.jpg
19KB, 451x263px
>>558060669
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22239389
>>
>>558060669
LSD, while listening to dark side of the moon
>>
>>558061342
stop spamming this shit
>>
>>558061204
yeah man. totally changed my life
>>
File: 1405957602049.png (400KB, 825x713px) Image search: [Google]
1405957602049.png
400KB, 825x713px
this book.
>>
4chan
>>
File: 1403892908410.jpg (82KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1403892908410.jpg
82KB, 640x640px
- Doing MDMA with a girlfriend I was madly in love with.

-Though the number of books are countless, "lying" by sam harris made me start acting morally, the god delusion made me an atheist

- Taking Philosophy 101 my freshman year forever changed the way I think.
>>
File: 1341800546093.jpg (23KB, 447x444px) Image search: [Google]
1341800546093.jpg
23KB, 447x444px
>>558060669
Does nobody else notice the younger bitch isn't actually doing anything but trying to look pretty/sexy, while the other one is sucking the dick.
>>
the internet. dont remember any specific site though excpt for youtube.
>>
>>558060958
when a pries who wasnt remotely raping you told you how to live a good life and you didnt like his ideas?
>>
>>558062581
That's why milfs are so superior.
>>
Acid.

I feel like seeing things during ego death gave me a more realistic outlook on life in general
>>
>>558062836
No, being bored to fuck with myths and bullshit.
>>
File: life.jpg (19KB, 184x173px) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
19KB, 184x173px
when my grandmother died i realised how much value people can have and how they influence you. it turned me into a loner and i've been that way ever since and that is probably why i'm here now.

>tfw
>>
This song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZF4cIrHNrM&list=RD8ZF4cIrHNrM#t=23
>>
>>558063986
except that its not myths and bullshit
>>
>>558060823
confirmed. been in therapy, gotten that info at school as well as an internship. not to mention my own experience
>>
File: 1403839994083.jpg (441KB, 969x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1403839994083.jpg
441KB, 969x1356px
Book: Friedrich Nietzsche's Thus spoke Zarathustra

Movie: Peaceful Warrior

1) I would like to tell my children that the best books are yet to be written, the best melodies yet to be composed.
>>
samefag xD

http://pl.vichan.net/b/res/436230.html
>>
File: me.jpg (108KB, 625x555px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
108KB, 625x555px
there is no success without failure
>>
My ex girlfriend. Spent 5 years and almost got engaged with her. Sweetest little thing in the whole world. Perfect relationship, did the world for each other. Tons of laughs and good times. Cheated on me multiple time I found out then left me for a guy at school. Made me hate humanity and now Ive given up on life and people as a whole.
>>
>>558068709
i'm afraid of this
>>
Best friend of 8 years kills himself.
Girlfriend of two years leaves for school.
Parents separate a couple weeks later.

I realized that all the "problems" I had up to that point were fake and I was making them up. Since ive gotten over it all I dont let things stress me out. Im not as angry. I try and treat people better now because the smallest influence can change someones life.
>>
>>558069079
You should be, not gonna lie. Its a pain like you've never felt before. Its like my soul was detached from my body. Worst part is im the good person, shes the evil one and shes fine. Her lifes exactly how she wants it when mines in shambles. I live like a zombie now. No emotion, no feeling.
>>
>>558069331
shit man.
>>
"How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real"

- Professor Smith
>>
File: 1397938307583.jpg (378KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1397938307583.jpg
378KB, 1920x1080px
>>558060823
>>558061614
>>558063028
>>558068453
>>558069290

god tier answers
>>
>>558069331
happens to most of us I guess.
>>
how wings are attached to the backs of angels

Watch it on youtube. Preferably when on acid.
>>
>>558069331
been there. This is normal for some period, but you have to get over that. Quit my job, moved to different city, met a new girl. You have to realize she was not the person you saw in her, otherwise there would have been no cheating on you. It took me 1 year to completely detach myself from her, but now I am happier tha ever.
>>
Kinda fedora, but it was The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. Made me a militant atheist for a while. Now when I run into religious folk I either #care or kek.
>>
Read "The Age of Reason" by Thomas Paine changed my views entirely
>>
>>558060669
LSD, found out atheism was plain stupid
>>
>>558070181
tell me more if it's possible to describe
>>
>>558060924
Click made my cry my head off.

I sage because i am ashamed.
>>
I read a lot of philosophy and such. And my absolute favorite book is the The Meditations by Marcus Aurelius.

It's a bit simple and repeats himself a bit, but his way of thinking gives you a very eased mind.
>>
>>558066160
But that is exactly what it is.
>>
>>558070040
>>558069917
It doesnt help that im a 7/10 on a good day and she was 9/10 lol so now I also feel like Im only 27 and I already will never find someone hotter.
>>
>>558070181

>inb4 feeding

How so? You do realize it's a non-belief?
>>
>>558062238

> Doing MDMA with a girlfriend

Yep too right actually lol. Completely changed my life
>>
>>558068709
I've had the same situation, except I turned my ending of the relationship into an evaluation of my choices in people. Turns out I wasn't very emotionally connected or attached to many of my friends, ended up cutting down my social circle down to 2 friends and my girlfriend. I am a lot happier in that aspect and now I am spending more time finding out what I can do with my life than limiting myself to the idea of perfection.
>>
>>558060669
The Game 'Flashback'.
Hearing Black Sabbath for the first time.
>>
>>558067728
>Nietzsche
Confirmed for edgy faggot.
>>
>>558070521
Care to elaborate?
I totally get that a lot of atheists are stupid or apply double standards to religious folk, but what's your stance on this?
>>
>>558070551
going through something similar right now. It's sad, I used to be an awesome person.
>>
>>558070256
>>558070554

Because although holy books are the biggest bullshit in the planet and we may be never able to realize the true truth, it is undeniable that there is something going on rather than not, i don't know how else to explain it fully, ¿god is not a reality, but reality is a god?
I mean, it's all a tricky subject to begin with because of the cultural meaning we give to the word god(God, with capital G, he, the Guy, the BIG HUMAN) , but if we put god as the "it" that give us existence, disregarding the stories and personifications, then you end up with a truth, yes, there is some weird shit that made all of this. You can see similar growth patterns and order everywhere, i'm not talking about a designer, i'm talking about a sort of non-living mechanism that is present everywhere in life
>>
>>558060669
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gpg-yNJF2ds changed me from a spoiled brat to wanting to help people
>>
Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series did a number on how I view things. I wasn't sucked into the cult-like craziness of the Ayn Rand fans, but I was slightly influenced by the series.

Spending two years in Iraq changed my worldview of Muslims. I am both more accepting of Muslims and more intolerant of Islam. After those two years I spent the next 4 or 5 years learning more about Islam and how it affects the world.

Military history books changed how I view societal conflict and what war is.
>>
>>558071069

Here's my two cents. If your religious belief requires you to eat the literal flesh and drink the literal blood of your lord and savior by way of consuming crackers and whine, all to ensure your place in heaven when the inevitable dooms day comes along as planned by the invisible man in the sky, you're definitely believing a myth. Also the origin of humanity, the world and the universe as described in religious texts are obviously myths.

I'm assuming you're talking about Abrahamic religions, but the same is true for most others.

Now an Eisteinian God, meaning the metaphysics that create the world around us... That's one I could get behind, mostly because there's no petty murdering sprees and arbitrary rules involved.
>>
>>558071246

Well yeah, like I said in >>558071472 I could get behind a 'god' like that, but that's not a god personified. It's not like all atheists are against being spiritual or looking at life/the universe as a whole and sense being a part of it.
>>
>>558060669
Watching George Carlin and Bill Hicks when I was 17.
>>
>>558071472
that shit isnt even accurate.
>ITT people believe the wrong shit faggot writes.
that nigger could never even bother to correctly study his resource for that shit. shit hermeneutics, shit theology and shit reasoning. then he wants everyone to listen to him. idiot.
>>
>>558071246
It is deniable. If you don't know how to explain then you probably don't understand the point you are trying to make.

If you change the god of myth and religion to an "it", a mechanism of physics that created the universe then it is in it very essence not the same thing anymore. You're just shifting concepts/words around to fit your own babby ideas of science/religion and creation.
>>
My Kundalini awakening
>>
>>558070551
I see what you mean. Maybe that was also one of the reasons it did not work out - I am talking about that part where you see yourself at 7/10. WHat in particular makes you feel like 7/10? How are the others supposed to view you, when even you are not satisfied with yourself? I am not speaking about being perfect, but you have the power to change the things you don`t like about yourself. You have to see these periods of life as an opportunity to change that. But you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO get out of your comfort zone to make things happen. WHatever that means - working out, changing your appearance will also change your way of thinking. Or pursue something at work, travel, try LSD - just don`t whine about one woman, who was attractive and left you - you will regret wasting some much time on her later.
>>
>>558071820

Fine, tell me where I'm wrong and I'll be happy to concede.

Though I think you want to deny your own religion because putting it up on an image board literally as opposed to listening to it from a man in a tight as shit robe makes it sound stupid.
>>
>>558060669

Never been religious (inb4 edgy but you know, out of america, religion is not a standard). But I've always been interested on how things work and the process of believing.

Then I read about confirmation bias.
>>
>>558071472
>>558071852
>>558072008

/thread
>>
>>558060669
First of all, my life has been a long and wild roller coaster, and it is every event in my life that defines me as me.
Starting of in middle school, i'm 13 and discovered Morrowind (first thing that changed me). I fell in love with fantasy and role playing; something that wasn't me. You see I used to move around a lot as a kid, and didn't get to settle down. But in Morrowind, I could be the person I wanted to be.
So time went by and I modded the shit out of Morrowind as I discovered the famous Interwebs. Changed me to a beta cringe-worthy faggot, who liked my little pony, and hated NineGag. Thought I knew everything, and didn't make friends (tho I had friends). That's kind of the dark side to this story, the one I despite. However, modding Morrowind had led me to 4chan's /v/, which led me to /b/. (I'm here cause it's still a part of me)
So, high school.. First year... it was shit. /b/ made me isolate, and made me into a fucking retard. I've always wanted to be a different person, so I wanted to find something that was "mine", so when people said my name, thy would match it up with "my thing". That's how /mu/ came into the picture. Neutral Milk Hotel, The Microphones, The Drums all of these indie hipster band, I had found what I was looking for. When people heard my name, they thought about bad music, saw playing and trombone. Jeff Mangum was a hero for me, and he smoked weed. COOL MAN. GOTTA ENJOY THAT MUSIC.
So I discovered weed, and smoked my ass out of school. Bad grades. Was around 17 years old. And I was that retard who always talked about legalizing weed, cause it's so natural. And just like that I became a fan of everything natural. DMT is natural, man (oh my fuck, I can't even begin to describe that episode). Shrooms are natural, man.
Two years passed and I had lots of friends, smoked all kinds of stuff, but nothing un-natural. Until I told myself, is it worth it? No. so I stopped at that day. Right there, I stopped.
>>
>>558072008
I just meant lookwise. I am a great guy and have alot to offer personality wise. Just most females like big douchey tattood scumbags which I refuse to become.
>>
>>558072153
>but you know, out of america, religion is not a standard

If I still had a reaction folder, it would likely be insufficient to cover my reaction to this statement.
>>
>>558071040

I guess you are the kind of faggot that think Nietzsche is not worth reading and you will become a nazi if you read it.
>>
>>558072335
Later that year I started bodybuilding, and /fit/ has helped me a lot. I'm social and people respect me.
So if you want to change your life, and don't want to do it my hard way, head over to /fit/ and start reading up on building muscles. It's the perfect way to experience happiness in a legal way. You'll respect yourself, and learn not to respect others like a fucking alpha bro.
>>
>>558072335
tl;dr
>>
Faith has always intrigued me.
Mum devote roman catholic, dad agnostic.
Tried to be indoctrinated by the church of latter day saints and scientologists pretty much at the same time.
My gf developed a friendship with the former and her sister was swept away by the latter. Until i interveened on both occassions.
Both had a culture, books, music, role models, lifestyle, community it was easy to be swept up through acceptance.
The scientologists were a no-call, i was willing to give the saints the benefit of the doubt.
The saints had true faith but used it as a line in the sand, defining themselves against those their interpretation deemed inferior.They had no idea this was a bad thing, in fact revelled in it.
the sci-psychos compartmentalised psudo-science and used jargon to confuse you into becoming a sheep. At least the former still chose to be sheep.
People use faith to define themselves against an unseen, inferior enemy. This makes them feel better/superior.
I saw similair things in friends who followed budhism, islam and other things that become a religion like eating habits, scene and musical tastes.
Everyone draws a line in the sand but.
But for some it defines them, for others it's something to overcome.
Conflict versus adaption
The latter can develop, the former destroy.
>>
>>558062238
I found The God Delusion boring as shit. I really don't like him, that smug bastard keeps repeating the same arguments over and over again.
>>
>>558060669
George Carlin, Bill Hicks - Comedians
Hunter S. Thompson - Journalist
Theodor W. Adorno - Sociologist
LSD, MDMA, Weed
Having childhood friends kill themselves at young ages (10 - 14)
Having parents that don't give a shit about what you want in life.

List goes on, although hasn't made me bitter about the world.. More of a
>I don't really care what happens, I'll look out for myself and do what I enjoy
>>
>>558072456
maybe someone else can tell you if it's worth the read or not
>>
>>558072407

What exactly do you mean?

I've seen a lot of posts where christianity seem to be the standard in USA and kids/teenagers that are not religious appears to be "edgy" and acting like rebels toward their parents.

I might be wrong tho.
>>
>>558072576

You're free to have that opinion and shit, but in Dawkins' defense, he has to deal with the same religious arguments over and over again. If the other camp came up with something new he'd have something else to say.
>>
>>558071852
Yes it is, the very idea of a human psyche and sole identity for god is anthropocentric and retarded, proper of humans who can't think past their noses
>>
You guys should read this
>>
Books: Thus Spoke Zarathustra and Either/Or.
>>
Albert Pike (Morals and Dogma)
Robert Monroe
Steven Greer
Richard Dolan
Michael Ruppert
Jane Roberts

The Disclosure Project
Collapse
Earthlings
Citizen Hearing on Disclosure
>>
Book: The Count of Monte Cristo

EXP: My girlfriend of 2 years that I was going to marry to give a green card left me for a Navy nigger who is stationed in Bahrain, She lied about it and blocked me on social media. I found out through a gimmick.
>>
Read Siddartha.

Im a Buddhist now.
>>
>>558068709
how could you not notice?
>>
File: 1403646393961.png (2MB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1403646393961.png
2MB, 768x1024px
>>558072585
>So much this oh god
>>
>>558072687
Personal stories that are supposed to change someones view or alter his position in his own perception require the reader to be ready to do so...
Unless you are experiencing it you can't feel the same way. If that guy didn't bother reading he is not interested enough to make something of it.

TL;DR of the story: Refelct your life, what was bad? Remove it and reflect what has to be done to make it all over good.
>>
>>558060669
Man, 5 centimeters per second and the hanako arc in katawa shoujo really hit me hard. Never been the same ever since.
>>
Everything you imagine is a possibility, a reality you just created. It exists. Within your own mind, but that doesn't make it real.

It helps keeping the distance between yourself and the world so that you don't get drowned by your own irrationalities in certain situations.

Playing with possibility is the core that makes up humanity.

Also life is a game. I treat doing things for other people as side quests.
>>
>>558072896
She was in school. Claimed she was going to study groups. I trusted her. Its that easy.
>>
>>558071852

What I hate most on this playing with words is that some religious people act as if god is the answer. "Science doesn't know something thefore the answer is god."

No, you haven't answered the question. You just hide your ignorance behind a word and don't explain shit.
>>
Way of the peaceful warrior by Dan Millman
Sacred Hoops, Phil Jackson
The radience of being allan combs
>>
>>558060669
5 centimeters per second

I now hate all weeaboos intensely
>>
>>558072382
fuck up about most girls bro. Girls are human beings and I'm sure that out of the 3 or 4 billion on the planet there are a few that like whatever you are. Stop making excuses and execute, action precedes motivation.
>>
>>558072709
"Einsteinian God" sounds like a wank word for Nature the way youve describedit
>>
>>558060669
It was a tender paradise. But when I was 12 my parents divorced. Then I became a burden because my stepmom and stepdad didn't like me.
It changed my life. It turned me extremely aware of what people really are. There is no good ending.
>>
File: tumblr_llz22xNFNi1qfooa4o1_500.png (270KB, 233x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_llz22xNFNi1qfooa4o1_500.png
270KB, 233x700px
>>558060669
-deus ex: on how the elite of the world do not have an unbreakable power, they too have weaknesses and subject to change/revolt/taken control by idiotic sons

-legend of the galactic heroes: how shit the democracy is as a form of government, pic related

-on shortness of life by seneca: excellent essay from 2000 years ago, name should be enough

-manufacturing consent by noam chomsky: how public relations are actually propoganda

-century of self documentary / propoganda by edward bernays: alongside manufacturing consent they show how much of our culture and opinions are shaped by few, made me more aware that mass media is cancer, I stopped watching TV 6 years ago, the documentary is also excellent

bible: reading it will make one atheist

the game by neil strauss: pure marketing/pua faggotry but was my first step in delving into redpill and becoming a mgtow
>>
>>558071467
Read that series started it when I was twelve and enjoyed the fuck out of it, faith of the fallen made me realize so much shit about life
>>
>>558072335
>>558072435

Woah. Your life is incredibly deep.
This is a bait, right?
>>
>>558073356
-- >>558073106

I feel you anon
>>
>>558071246
>but if we put god as the "it" that give us existence

That's a bad definition of god though. I mean on the same vain i could say "if you make the definition of god 'a four legged furry mammal'" then yes god exists because "god" now means "dog".
>>
>>558073297
For fuck sakes, you all people trigger really badly when you read the word god

Do you need me to use your words?
Okay, my life changed because i realized all energy was in a single point in space before becoming all of this strange madness and that there are some mathematical and structural patterns repeated all over the universe under the idea of self replication and mutation in order to further complexity that i find completely awe inspiring.

Or maybe i need one of your heroes to explain it to you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFKLc6K8Ydo
>>
File: 2014-05-01 14.52.13.jpg (428KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2014-05-01 14.52.13.jpg
428KB, 1600x1200px
>>558060669
Watched "Mind Control" by Eben Pagan. It is 40 hours of self improvement video material. Main idea is "everything is a system" so see everything as a system and nto try to deal with problems in cause-effect mindset. Anyway after watching that I tripped on shrooms and everything came together in my mind
>>
>>558073849
Those Marxist theories all seem very reasonable at first sight, but to a certain degree they are propaganda too, watch out son.
>>
>>558060669
Hacker manifesto by loyd blankenship
>>
>>558072335
typical teenage bullshit that everyone goes through

>i wanna be special
>i have something to prove to the world
>in a few years you again wanna be someone different

Because that's how it works. Until you find yourself and stop giving a fuck and just be you. Saves tons of time and energy.
>>
The first 5min of the movie "Rubber"
>>
>>558074482
I would say manufacturing consent leaning to chomsky's anarchist side than marxist side but still

most of what book said can also be easily applied to USSR too, though the difference is people in ussr knew goverment was lying to them people in usa did not, up until recently

saddam has WMD craze of the last decade is sufficient proof
>>
Age.
>>
File: feeltrip.jpg (59KB, 900x470px) Image search: [Google]
feeltrip.jpg
59KB, 900x470px
>>558074098
Man them feels.
I will never forget.
Your my feels bro now.
>>
>>558074464
oh god I love eben pagan

>can't get any girls
>be really good at marketing
>sell people products as if you are good at getting girls while you barely get laid, have only 2 gf's pre 2009, marry a tranny
>make shit tons of money from desperate virgins
>switch to marketing/sales when PUA market becomes overflow, become a member of "syndicate" that illegally cuts off competition
>make millions and get away with it
>>
>>558060669
The Twilight series
>>
>>558074606
Imo there is no "finding yourself". Change is perfection, if you stand still in your development beacsue you think you reached an ultimate state, this stagnation won't take you any further. You can only lead a meaningful life by constant self-refelction.
>>
>>558074394

Sorry I've probably not been very clear. I've no problem with the word God. If you chose to call what you don't know, the reason of the univers by the word "God" then so be it.

It bother me if you use that as an argument for something that does have scientific evidence that contradict it. For example "he's been healed, it's God work!". No, he just had medical care and we know how it works.
>>
File: 1367861120866.jpg (100KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1367861120866.jpg
100KB, 400x400px
>mfw i just finished fapping to this video
>>
>>558069969
I loved It but I feel like I didn't understand what it was trying to tell me. Anybody care to enlighten me? Also, how did this influence your life?
>>
>>558069290
this is a great answer
>>
>>558075030
nah niggah. Change is good, but having fundamentals is better.

Also self-reflect on your self-reflection.

Plebs gonna pleb
>>
>>558060669
>4chan
As funny as it sounds there's so many things its opened me up to, things i couldn't give a shit about before.

It has a lot of shit on it, but I have learnt so much more.
>>
>>558074482
which one is the marxist theory?
>>
Zeitgeist deep shit would recommend to anyone it's free on jewtube
>>
Seed money - the law of tenfold return and how to use it

By john Horshor
>>
>>558075034
ah, no, of course not, i hate those people too, they don't have half a brain
>>
>>558075668
my nigger
>>
The alchemist by Paolo Coelho

sein und zeit by Heidegger

The unbearable lightness of being by Milan Kundera

La nausee by Sartre
>>
Doug Stanhope, Bill Hicks and Zietgeist. Weed. Tool. Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlen - which really got me more in favor of individual societal responsibility and status. Which is totally at odds with the rest of my world view.
>>
>>558072335
you sound like a fucking fag
>>
>>558075838
>>558075668
zeitgeist is inaccurate in someparts, and christfags exploit this inaccuracy to state that jesus never had pagan origins/influence

it did, but not as much as zeitgeist claims, problem is the movies mistake give ammunation to chirstfaggotry
>>
>>558076018

Maybe. I think Christianity had more pagan origins than supernatural ones.
>>
>>558076223
yes, but problem is zeitgeist is getting a bit overboard

we don't know much about mitra having disicples/born into virgin etc, zeitgeist claims it does and then christfags state there is no evidence of mitra being born into virgin and therefore christianity must not have any pagan influence whatsoever
>>
File: 1395035780431.gif (205KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1395035780431.gif
205KB, 500x500px
>>558071246
I had thought of that a few years ago, but it means nothing. It's just as much a dead end as anything else.

Just do what happens, man.
>>
I gotta say, for all the shit that is plastered across 4chan, it's threads like these where people are decent human beings... Good feels.
>>
>>558060669

I learned god was dead when my little sister died of leukemia.

He is dead, and as his sons it is our duty to roam the land and save our own people. Because there really is nothing else than ourselves to save us.

>2nd year med student here. Did a BsC. in philosophy before.
>>
Starship troopers (the book)
I desperately desire a civilization that only granta citizenship to those who serve. Also where crimes are punished severely
>>
>>558076660
Sorry for your loss anon.
>>
>>558060669
lsd
or any 2c-variant

psychedelics changed my life in a significant way id say, for the better
>>
File: 1377939710868s.jpg (3KB, 125x119px) Image search: [Google]
1377939710868s.jpg
3KB, 125x119px
>>558076371

Thats true... Lol... Christians needing evidence
>>
File: mah-nigga.jpg (13KB, 318x248px) Image search: [Google]
mah-nigga.jpg
13KB, 318x248px
>>558076751
>>
>>558076894
I did one of nbomes, is it way different than acid?
>>
>>558060669
The Church.
Then Pink Floyd & the rest of music.
Then Philosophy.
Then Literature.
Then Art.

I couldn't go in reverse if I wanted to.
>>
a treatise of human nature by D.Hume
it's a hard written old philosophy text so it is easily disregarded but once you really put the effort into it you will come out with great insights.
>>
Black skin white masks by Frantz Fanon caused me a lot of agony as I recognized myself in it.

I have not read much of the bible but I think Genesis is one of the best stories I have ever read.
>>
File: bump1.jpg (548KB, 1000x875px) Image search: [Google]
bump1.jpg
548KB, 1000x875px
>>558060669

The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran is one of the greatest takes on personal philosophy of all time IMO. It isn't even that long either, but it's simplicity is also very deep. I'd recommend everybody read it.

http://leb.net/~mira/works/prophet/prophet.html
>>
>>558060669
taking mushrooms, biggest turn in my mind.
>>
File: casing stones west.png (3MB, 1425x928px) Image search: [Google]
casing stones west.png
3MB, 1425x928px
>>558060669
this man:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoSbF1EbOFM
>>
>>558076981
Acid is basically the same thing, you'll get purists who say 'it's research chems hurr dur it'll fuck you up its not real' but in my experience they're pretty similar.

Acid lasts longer and is more intense to generalize.
>>
>>558075931
the alchemist? Really?
>>
>>558072382
Women (not girls) dig guys, who can make them laugh, treat them nice (that does not mean to let them do whatever they want) and they feel safe with. Men seek good girls that will be bad just for them. Women seek bad boys, that will be good just for them. You physical look is important, but not as much as you think. Change what you can with reasonable dietary changes a normal human workout - plan 6 months to one year for this and you will see the results, that will give you the confidence you need.

I was overweight on high school, but later changed my diet and started to play sports/work out. It helped tremendously, but the important thing is your confidence, personality and that is what makes you a man that women want.
>>
dishonored taught me that revenge may feel good and justified but in the end whatever you do, good or bad,will influence a person or an event in ways you wouldn't expect. your own actions influence your own outcomes in your life.

man i fucking love dishonored and daud's story arc
>>
>>558073356
why, what was it about you that gave you this revelation?
>>
Archies Final Project really hit home for some reason. Got really drunk after and realized that being by yourself really is meant for some people.
>>
Realizing I wasn't the only one on earth who didn't believe in god and how great it felt to finally not feel crazy and alone in a Catholic school

Seeing my dad die in front of me

Trying Marijuana

Realizing not all drugs are bad

Listening to Dark side of the moon

Having a life changing shroom experience in which I started appreciating everyone and everything in life

Learning evolution biology. Mainly on early humans and how we are mixed with different groups of early humans.

Christopher Hitchens and all of his debates. Especially the ones about how ridiculous eternal life is

Carl Sagan and shows like Cosmos which inspired me to learn more about the vast universe

Getting dumped by my GF for a really ugly guy and I learned that you can't just be attractive. You need an attractive personality.

Learning Economics and finance to learn more about how money changes politics and correlating political events to investment opportunities and making money in stocks

Establishing my business and realizing money doesn't buy happiness

Realizing the majority of America is stupid and the rest of the world for the most part is even more stupid than that

Listening to Immortal technique and about how fucked up history is and how we unknowingly keep people in third world countries in poverty to sustain our standard of living

Becoming a med student and seeing the body as a machine like a car instead of a person

Becoming wealthy to the point where I didn't have to work and I had everything I could ever need, but I still wasn't satisfied so I started working and was happy again. I learned if you are living it up 24/7 you become desensitized to joy and you need to return to mundane tasks to limit free time so you can appreciate it a lot more.
>>
Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder

The first time far away from electric lights under a milky way that was so bright it cast shadows

Starting to study piano after listening to Yann Tiersen's music as a little kid

The first trip on Psychedelic Mushrooms
>>
>>558076981
ive tried 99.7% pure 2c-b, 2c-e, and lsd a few times but from unknown sources. Never tried 25i or whatever it is, but done a lot of 2ce-and b. I have to say b is my favorite, it feels overall better and more comfortable than the other stuff ive tried, but mostly theyre the same.
>>
>>558072819
I have it's fucking hilarious. I like the part where he sees all the frozen assholes on tier 9.
>2014
>Still believing in an invisible magic man in the sky.
>>
>>558078034
the 2c's were 99.7% pure if that was poorly worded
legal research chemicals from netherlands
>>
dota 2 made me hate peruvians
>>
Doing a couple of grams of shrooms, and having a bad trip, shit really changed my outlook on life for like a month, then back to be depressed.
When I first got drunk, fell in love with it. It's the only time when I feel truly happened
When I smoked my first joint, really mellowed me out from being an uptight jackass, to just a chilled out sarcastic dickwad.
When I discovered pornography, been addicted ever since
>>
> Most of the boundaries that you know only exist, because you think that they are there.

> Imagined security makes you very lazy.

> Life is really about what YOU make out of it!

> 99% of mankind is actually kind once you try to talk to them.

> Everybody fears the same thing. When it comes to the real important thigns in life, everybody wants the same thing.

> Money does just matter to a certain extent.

> You are a much happier person, when you try to encourage other people and accept that they make mistakes.

> Don't let yourself disencourage you when people point at you when you fail. This is done mostly by persons that never failed in their life, because they never tried.

> Talk less, do more.
>>
>>558072280
uh-oh, king fedora is closing the thread boys!
this is pathetic, i''m out of here
>>
>>558060669
John Rawls - A theory of Justice.

Turned me from a die-hard Libertarian-Capitalist into an Egalitarian Left-Liberal

Also related:
Why not Socialism- G.A.Cohen. [I used to hate Socialism before I knew what it was...Literally]
>>
File: 1384270909517612.jpg (51KB, 500x651px) Image search: [Google]
1384270909517612.jpg
51KB, 500x651px
The human evasion by Celia Green

http://deoxy.org/evasion/toc.htm

The most dangerous superstition by Larken Rose.

http://www.freeyourmindaz.com/uploads/1/2/8/3/12830241/the-most-dangerous-superstition-larken-rose-2011.pdf

Then discovering mgtow videos on youtube with all the life changing views on females.
>>
>>558078594

I learned all of that once I gave up my former (very well paid) job and started my own business.
>>
>>558078756
>I used to hate Socialism before I knew what it was

this is %99 of the american populace who hate socialism

rarely you will have capitalist/libertarians reading adam smith, friedmann etc let alone opposite ideology

proves you how deep and succesfull american propogan is, having people hate shit they don't even know
>>
>>558072576
>that smug bastard keeps repeating the same arguments over and over again.
who cares about that if they're sound arguments tho?
>>
>>558073849
Confirming for Manufacturing Consent as a great life-changing book.
>>
Well I got cheated on a couple weeks ago,almost choked my boyfriend out during break up/hate sex and then my bike got stolen a couple days later.I now have a new idea of how shitty I can feel.
>>
File: n-RUSKO-large570.jpg (94KB, 570x238px) Image search: [Google]
n-RUSKO-large570.jpg
94KB, 570x238px
Rolling my balls off new years eve at Rusko
>>
www.gnosticmedia.com
>>
>>558069290
i know that feel
my best friend killed himself and over the past couple of years i've changed so much
>>
>>558080089

and http://www.triviumeducation.com/
>>
>>558060669
- The first time I listened to Andrew Bayer's LP 'It's Artificial'. Joy & sadness at their maximum level.

-The day I realized I loved her but she was gone.
>>
>>558072382
Mfw im purely a symetrical looking guy who's underweight and i can get most girls i see just by actually approaching them. Simply doing that makes me attractive
>>
>>558078950
where are you from, m8? My country was totally fucked up by Socialism/Communism. Similar countries in my region had capitalism and they are far in front, complete oposite of the state before revolution.

Have you lived in socialism? Did the state take your land, your shop, your company and send you to work in uranium mines? Well they did that to my grand dad. Fuck you you sheltered american brat.
>>
>>558060823
>>558069569
>>558066310
It's sad you are all so lacking in basic introspective capability that you actually believe this bullshit. But then I guess autism.
>>
>>558080693
to give credit state capitalism is not socialism but your argument can also be used by 3rd world factory workers against tech libertarians
>>
>>558080693

And of course the top 1% benefits from socialism too.
Imagine controlling a hole population by financing such countries, putting them into work groups and telling them what to do.

Check out Anthony Sutton's work and also a book called foundations -their power and influence, by Rene A. Wormser
>>
>>558081346
>>558080693
I highly doubt marx would want elite burocrats controlling the means of production.
>>
The day my 8 year old son told me he was gay. Made me take a hard look at my Christian beliefs that I ultimately rejected in favor of loving and accepting my son.
>>
>>558060669

Abraham Hicks
>>
>>558081187
>to give credit state capitalism is not socialism

NO shit, Sherlock. Have you ancestors been imprisoned, denied education or similar for the sake of your Socialism? What the fuck has this has to do with 3rd world countries? You have absoluteley no idea what you are talking about when you say Socialism.
>>
>>558081494
Except that Trotsky lived in New York and was financed by bankers before he went back to russia to take up arms.
Look it up before, or if, you wish to call me a moron for saying that.
>>
>>558081869
my ancestors lived under extreme poverty and were probably miners, they lived under capitalism

but unlike you I don't associate ideology of hundred year ago to the current state of that ideology

ideologies grow/change/reform, the only form of capitalism is not the brual 19th century conditions of manchester and the only form of socialism is not politburo oligarchy of early 20th century russia
>>
>>558081346
Nobody but the 1% benefits from socialism. YOu can§t imagine the drop of economical performance and wellbeing after the Socialism was implemented. The people were so happy, they had to close all borders and were shooting on sight for families with little children. And guess what? People were trying to flee only in one direction. YOu guess which one it was.
>>
>>558081913
>Trotsky lived in New York and was financed by bankers
would love to see sources on those, besides far right claims
>>
>>558081494
You are talking about utopic socialism, I´talking about my country history.
>>
>>558081494
Except Trotsky lived in New York and was financed by bankers before he went
back to Russia to take up arms.
Look it up before, or if, you want to call me a moron for saying that please.
>>
>>558060669
Zeitgeist, the part in the beginning where Christianity is torn to the tiniest shreds possible. Funny how the first part is brilliant and the rest unwatchable.
>>
>>558082210
you talk as if if one is socialist he must be one who supports 20st century socialism that is socialism in one state&massive bureaucracy
>>
Watching 3 of my relatives die of degenerative disease: one from Alzheimer's, one from spinal cancer, and the other one drank herself to death
After all that, I learnt not to give one fuck about people's opinions and learnt to keep a check on my health
>>
Skins. Got me into weed.
>>
>>558082252
>was financed by bankers
citation needed, you are the one who is making the claim you should be the one to back it up
>>
>>558082081
I am talking about 1948-1989 Czechoslovakia. We were far better than Austria. You can google the economical power now - that´s 40 years of socialism that you can´t deny.
>>
>>558060823
that is an illusion m8
>>
>>558080229
MY MAN
seeing andrew in 3 days in MoS!
>>
>>558069290
that is a nice meme
>>
>>558082502
SO state is going to control everything, but there will be no oppresion, or bureaucracy? You have a lot to learn about how power corrupts people.
>>
>>558082701
again your argument can be used from opposite side

I know a guy from Minnesota who had his job outsourced to china getting very angry about the libertarian/capitalism talk that he received from the san fransisco tech fags

to him capitalism is brutal outsorucing and brutal desire to seek only profit, to you socialism is the brutal oppression of state

neither capitalism nor socialism is one constant brutal ideology you might live under a brutal form of it but that doesnt change this fact
>>
>>558082956
thats bakunin talking, he talks about the same dangers you mentioned

he also famously named it "red burocracy"
>>
>>558082965
WHat the fuck are you talking about?
I am talking about two states having capitalism and socialism for forty years and it copleteley reversed their economical power and wellbeing of the people.

You talk about some dude from Minnesota, who lost his job.

Great arguments you have there.
>>
>>558072819

i wrote a paper on its emergence
>>
>>558083070
Yeah, I can read too. But you have to understand that this world does not work like that and people will not stop being predators, because you kill capitalism.
>>
>>558083201
not related, i'm not defending socialism of czechistan was better than capitalism of austria

my point is you think the only form of socialism is the socialism in czechistan

just like the minnesotan fag, his only form of capitalism is the capitalism that outsourced his job
>>
File: 1405986290504.jpg (59KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1405986290504.jpg
59KB, 500x667px
>>
>>558083338
>people will not stop being predators, because you kill capitalism.
how true is that, what a shame you can't have a system that controlls that without that system getting abducted by some psychopaths
>>
>>558083339

seriously, get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>558083598
just stop assuming every socialist desires the form of socialism you and your ancestors experienced
>>
File: 1405833825827.gif (950KB, 234x172px) Image search: [Google]
1405833825827.gif
950KB, 234x172px
>>
File: 1405039643030.png (148KB, 2184x1692px) Image search: [Google]
1405039643030.png
148KB, 2184x1692px
This and a few other things go about Israel
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 642x570px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 642x570px
>>558060669
>be
>soph in college
>looking for some blow off class to fill schedule
>pick social psychology
>learn about how people are sheep
>learn how people become mindless in groups
>learn how to manipulate people

This class was so cash and I didn't even expect it
>>
>>558083453
SO you want to take all the possesions from the people and then distribute them evenly - that did not and will not happen without oppresion. People will fight and you will have to imprison them, kill some of them. Then, you "give" them secure jobs and free health care. For everyone. What are you going to do with people, that will do nothing at work? People, that want capitalism back? Think about this before you praise such system
>>
Requiem for a dream..
>>
Bible and psilocybin
>>
>>558083693
Jesus christ, your peaceful hypothetical sunny hippie socialism is never going to happen. HOw are you going to get the wealth from all the people? Are you going to ask them nicely to give everything to the state?
>>
File: h-20-2521321-1307894225.jpg (79KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
h-20-2521321-1307894225.jpg
79KB, 620x349px
>>558082875
Fack you I'd kill my whole family to see him.
Enjoy for me then.
>>
>>558060669 when I was 30 everything fell apart. I had no where to go. I went to My. Shasta Abby, a Zen monastary. I spent my days in silence offset by an hour interview, question answer with the head Abbott daily. One day I was meditating (still shaken up over my fiance's suicide, my business going under etc.) When a butterfly came in the meditation hall and as it flew across the sun beam I received clarity. I stayed a few more days, came home, found a new woman, started a new business, and have been happy mostly since.
>>
>>558083974
>all the possesions
no, just the means of production, having cows is fine, controlling the entire dairy industry is not
>then distribute them evenly
no

>that did not and will not happen without oppresion
true, I'm not a revolutionary socialist, that I believe with natural progress we will transform into a free market than a socialist economy, ofc leninism states that this is just wishfull thinking and people must force revolution, but I disagree with them

>What are you going to do with people, that will do nothing at work? People, that want capitalism back?
I don't know, but I don't believe current state of society is not compatable for socialism, maybe in future where yo u have star trekesque economy, not post scarce but deffinetly not scarce as it is today

again i'm all for free markets, I believe as adam smith says absolute free markets will bring absolute equality, what soviets did was trying to make a baby run without making it learn how to walk
>>
File: 1399260283843.jpg (4MB, 3000x1999px) Image search: [Google]
1399260283843.jpg
4MB, 3000x1999px
>>558060669
Porn changed everything. I'd be a productive member of society otherwise.
>>
>>558083974

Socialism and communism are the ultimate primitive tribal system.
Instead of getting the banana for cash, you have to ask the alpha male brute (politicians, bureaucrats and the dictator) for handouts.
If you don't check out you get killed or imprisoned.
>>
File: bron.jpg (35KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
bron.jpg
35KB, 400x225px
>>558084496
communism is sweet
>>
File: sausagedg nananana.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
sausagedg nananana.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
when i figured out god and jesus backward, spell susej dog, (sausage dog (dachshund)
Praise the one and only lord the sausage dog!
>>
>>558084228
>inb4 tricle down economics

because it will not be sustainable in the long run, the shrinking of middle class the rich ghettos protected by armed guards etc

and it happened in athens, property and power was distributed relatively peacefully in order to avoid massive revolt/war/revolution, athenian democracy was a form of mild communism

but then again athens also had its flaws and comparing 7 billion to few ten thousand athenians is not perfectly logical, I don't propose any solutions, I believe we will be there naturally or get destroyed
>>
>>558061129
any chance on sauce?
>>
File: bison.jpg (504KB, 2105x1646px) Image search: [Google]
bison.jpg
504KB, 2105x1646px
You only have one heartbreak in life. It is this heartbreak that overshadows everything else negative that happens in your life. It is this heartbreak that you contrast and compare everything bad in your life to.

You only get one, whether its a partner breaking your heart, traumatic experience, parental problems etc.

You get one. After this you become cynical.
>>
>>558083759
I personally think that the existence of israel is justified because the land was given to the jews by britain who rightfully owned it at the time, but I don't think that the USA or Europe should support it because of all of the unnecessary trouble it causes
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 151x156px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 151x156px
>>
A book called principia discordia changed my views of pretty much everything.
>>
>>558084738
Ok.

I have to go, good luck to you.
>>
File: Gatsby___1A.jpg (324KB, 1116x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Gatsby___1A.jpg
324KB, 1116x1600px
the great gatsby changed my views on a majority of things including
>love
>dreams
>happiness
>>
>>558071246
People need to stop using "order and consistency in the universe" as an argument for god. The fact that matter has consistent tendencies indicates a lack of intervention; if there was an omnipotent/omnipresent (or any deity for that matter) being, why would matter/energy simply behave the same, why would it not be situational under the same variables?
>>
File: Neuroeconomics - Paul Glimcher.jpg (20KB, 321x475px) Image search: [Google]
Neuroeconomics - Paul Glimcher.jpg
20KB, 321x475px
>>558060669
>>
>>558084896

Their racism and ethnic cleansing of the people who lived there when britain owned it should be taken into account as well.
>>
>>558083372
who is this? more?
>>
>>558066058

Not to be rude, but this really changed your outlook on life somehow? Can you elaborate? It's not even very original, as music goes.
>>
When I watched a man drive the wrong way on the expressway, then watch that same man crash into a van, nearly killing the woman inside, then bursting into flames and exploding, killing three. I watched all this, closely. Shit scarred me man
>>
>>558085109
F. Scott Fitzgerald is a faggot
>>
File: 1404496259954.jpg (56KB, 402x351px) Image search: [Google]
1404496259954.jpg
56KB, 402x351px
/b/
>>
File: priest.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
priest.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>>558085827

And you found out that your life's mission was to help others do the same.
There there son, all be good.
>>
File: Dingushead-final.gif (168KB, 970x1257px) Image search: [Google]
Dingushead-final.gif
168KB, 970x1257px
>>558086040

When i found Steve Brule
>>
>>558060669

My girlfriend (29 yo been together 10 years) has an autoimmune disease that wont kill her, but torture her forever

Never believed in god, the day i found out i thought that even if i dont believe, i am not the one to tell someone that he is stupid if he believes.

It takes total despair to realize how much life sucks
>>
>>558083707
Why does this feel like one of those infomercial fail gifs?
>>
/pol/. /pol/ changed everything
>>
File: 1397819749373.jpg (526KB, 2000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1397819749373.jpg
526KB, 2000x1250px
>>558060958
was fun
wouldejaculateintoagain/10
is
>> pic related
you
>>
>>558084454
no you wouldn't..no need to lie here friend.
>>
>>558084003
>>558084003
dreamcatcher
>>
Watching breaking bad (ok I'm out of other things to post now)
>>
>Listening to George Carlin
>1984

>Opened my mind politically, showed me that regardless of who's in charge nothing changes for the benefit of the people
>Orwell predicted shit, showed me that we have always ruled with the fear of impending doom. When NDAA signed chills ran down my spine
>>
4chan. in all honesty, 4chan has changed me the most. I'm more cynical, sarcastic and douchey. People who I could once tolerate and even look up to fucking disgust me. I type niggershit into captchas, question my sexuality, laugh at anyone who wears a fedora, goes on tumblr/reddit/9gag, have become 10x more racist, desensitized to gore and freakish porn, have developed several fucked up fetishes, and hate 99% of people. I'm lonely and its of my own volition. So I come to /b/, the embodiment of hatred and loneliness all pooled together in a festering pit. If you regularly browse, you're hooked and probably like me. Remember, you're here forever.
>>
>>558084716
this!!
praise our new lord and savior?
first quesition: does he like jews?
>>
>>558084864
i got my heard broken, i got kind of over it. what do now?
>>
>>558088745
My interpretation is that he only likes Swe and J. That is people from Sweden and Japan.
>>
>>558089328

Which btw, is the ideal master races of the axis.
Again opposite from jews, jesus and the message of the bible.
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.