[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a guy who ended a suicide hotline he was running anything.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 16

File: 2hot2handle.jpg (127KB, 670x350px) Image search: [Google]
2hot2handle.jpg
127KB, 670x350px
Ask a guy who ended a suicide hotline he was running anything.

Serious questions or thoughts only.
>>
>>557032789
What possessed you to bring some good into the world and prevent attention-seeking cunts from finding "help?" (I use the term "help" extremely lightly.)
>>
>>557032789
What where you running from?
>>
why did you an hero?
>>
>>557032789

Why did you bother in the first place?
>>
>>557032789
What was the most common reason for people wanting to an hero?
>>
>>557033025
I avoided the obvious attention seekers and preferred to "help" (talk to, converse with, give advice to) the really fucked up ones. Ones that unfortunately you'd see here on /b/.

>guess why i ended it
>>
How does sticking your head in oven kill you?
I mean wouldn't it take ages?
>>
>>557032789
Whyd you stop?
Where you ever on the phone with someone while they offed themselves?
Who was the main demographic?
>>
>>557033402
Bad childhoods honestly. Mostly the reason for their fucked up lives up until now. Things they regret and guilt gets the best of you.

Can give a short story of a girl i tried to talk to
>crazy bitch really
>>
>>557033679
Stopped because of my own problems.
Also the psychological pain of finding out someone you just talked to on the phone killed themselves is a pretty live experience to deal with especially when they open themselves up to you like no one else.
>>
>>557033389
Helping others or just listening to someone who needs to vent made me feel better honestly. No matter how fucked up they were or what they said i always listened and gave advice that usually helped them get onto a better life in the long run.

I talked to teens, adults, usually people between 16-30, rarely anyone older.

>was a few years ago when social media became popular.
>>
>>557033676
If you're determined to kill youreself, you'll find a way to, trust me, i've seen some fucked up shit in person as an emt before.
>>
File: 1383883187852.jpg (43KB, 848x344px) Image search: [Google]
1383883187852.jpg
43KB, 848x344px
lurking, love your benevolence OP
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6KB, 225x225px
Plus i know more than most people on /b/ are psychologically fucked up in their own way, as have my own problems. Depression is a terrible thing to deal with.

Everything can look ok on the outside, but be falling apart on the inside. It's those who have the best smile but the most broken heart that made me wanna help others.
>>
>>557034686
thanks /b/ro.

It's always good to have a big heart.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (6KB, 347x145px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
6KB, 347x145px
I don't want this thread to die like the hearts of some of you people, keep it bumpin, ask me anything.
>>
>>557032789
Lets hear a story of one of the most saddest/surreal calls that you have gotten. You know the one that really made you think.
>>
>>557032789
what made you decide to end it all?
>>
>>557036175
Also how long have you been doing this?
>>
>>557036349
I got a call from a friend i usually talked to, lets call him J.

>calls me up
>sounds like he's been running, knew he's been working out for his self esteem
>"Anon, i really messed up man"
>"J, what's wrong, speak to me bro"
>"I fucked up man, i said i wouldn't let it go but i did"
>heart starts beating faster, i've had this kind of call before
>"i've had a pretty fucking bad day man, i'm sorry"
>"it's ok man, don't be sorry, what happened"
>"it's everywhere"
>heart sinks like a rock, i know what happened
>"it's bleeding through the towels man i stopped half way through, i pussied out"
>"Did you call 911 yet, how long ago did you do it"
>His voice audibly gets slower
>"a few minutes ago, hasn't slowed down yet, i got in the tub to stop making such a mess"
I've known this kid for just about more than 2 years, and the feels are really getting to me right now.
(Cont?)
>>
>>557036175
Loss of interest in just about everything, always feeling 'tired', not exhausted but tired of everything which then leads to frustration and self-destructive behavior- deterioration of optimism and just loss of internal energy
this is me right now, im trying to change it all but lack direction
it all feels so bleak
>>
File: images (2).jpg (7KB, 281x180px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
7KB, 281x180px
>>557037091
Did it for just about three and a half years, even had a twitter page.

Met and talked with some interesting people, some i regret, some i miss terribly, some were personal friends.
>>
>>557033676
newfags don't know about my gas oven
>>
>>557032789
Did you ever bang anybody from your hotline?
>>
>>557037941
Yes please.. much respect to you by the way..
>>
>>557037941
Condolences.
>>
>>557037941
go on
>>
>>557038607
ayy lmao
>>
>>557038216
This behavior is what's blocking you from making it interesting. Yes, it's all in your head. But what you're not realising is that if you change your mindset for not even a day, it can turn right around for the better.

I've stopped driving to some places nearby my home, i started walking.

Not only did i notice things i never realised in my own neighborhood but my overall mental state felt better with more time in the sun and seeing other people walk by. I even met a neighbor i've lived next to for 4 years and never even knew his name until then.

Gives you plenty of time to think of the positve things. Running often a week can improve so much as to what and where you can go with your own two legs.
>>
>>557037941
Thefeels.jpg
continue /b/ro
>>
File: 1387299394117.png (65KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1387299394117.png
65KB, 1920x1200px
>>557038607
As cheap as it sounds, yes, i've had a relationship with someone i met through it. Shit was cash.

i found out recently she's modeling for a local magazine.

>mfw
>>
bump, dont let this die
>>
File: Capture24.png (405KB, 991x674px) Image search: [Google]
Capture24.png
405KB, 991x674px
BUMP FOR GREAT JUSTICE
>>
having trouble keeping your thread up?
BETTER CALL THE BUMP TRUCK
>>
>>557037941
>iknowwherethisisgoing.jpeg
>>
bumping the bumps of bump
>>
>>557037941
Bump for this
>>
File: defiblators.gif (44KB, 390x259px) Image search: [Google]
defiblators.gif
44KB, 390x259px
if this thread dies im ust done
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 275x183px
I'm gonna try and just summarize up what happened, it honestly hurts thinking we were best bros over the phone and then that friendship is cut off instantly.

>he pauses several times, i guessed from short term blackouts from bloodloss.
>"man"
>"J please, i swear to god you better hang up on me and call 911"
>"man, they won't even talk to me like you did"
He said "did", as in past tense.
I'm sorry, tears are coming to my eyes as i'm typing this shit.
>"J please for the love of god keep pressure on your arm-"
He didn't respond for a few seconds
>"nah man, what good is it, i'm too tired for that"
>"J!"
He doesn't respond for a whole fucking minute.
Meanwhile i've been trying to fight back tears as to what i'm hearing from my friend.
>"hey"
This caught me off by surprise because his voice was quick and whispery after total silence
>"J"
>"thanks man"
>"for what J, i've told you you didn't have to thank me for anything"

>"Thanks anon for being the voice on the other side, after all the shit i've been through, you've been there for me as well"
>"Bitch don't get all sentimental on me right now"
>"Stop your crying anon, i'll talk to you sometime, maybe in person for once"
I couldn't respond to this, my shirt was soaked with tears.
>"J"
>No response
>"J you bitch talk to me please"
>No response

I stayed on the line until i heard a door open and a woman scream. Somewhere in all the crying and weeping on the other end the call was ended.

I saw his obituary in an online news article two days later...
>>
>>557041839
Thats rough man.
>>
>>557040815
Made me chuckle a little bit. It's great to see you're all taking some interest into what i have to say as i'm wiping my face from tears. Thank you anons.
>>
>>557041839
Feels
>>
>>557041839
rough, dude.
>>
Plenty of other times i'd read up on some things of places i knew people i talked to were, and occasionally reading a suicide in the obituaries hit me each time.
>>
File: 1403981326679s-1.jpg (5KB, 170x250px) Image search: [Google]
1403981326679s-1.jpg
5KB, 170x250px
>>557041839
It's must have hurt having to deal with this on a daily bases, how did you do it op?
>>
File: snow-big.jpg (1MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
snow-big.jpg
1MB, 3008x2000px
>>557039161
its just, im tired of all the liars, the cheats, the assholes. im kind and friendly to all but am lied to often (even the liars who lie to impress me, shit isnt right). the others just bore me, i dont remember being so picky with the people i talk to in the long-term, i have some really close friends too but im a bit embarrassed to talk about this with them ...

what triggered all this shit, was a girl who i fell mad for but was in denial of, she began distancing herself from me on a random night which was absolute shit but didnt realize this until i dropped her off

i dont know how to show affection because i grew up being smothered by family whos love was just too much for me so i began to distance myself from them and resent them. i didnt show affection to anyone but felt every ounce of love for everyone after i grew up some more and began taking steps toward being able to actually tell someone i give a shit about them

so then i tried calling her or seeing her just to talk to her and telling her how it is, asking why shes distancing herself, if shes not into me then im fine with that, i just need an answer is all 'cause im so god damn tired of not knowing

im not familiar with emotions much
just grief and joy really,
anger lead to self destruction which was vented good and proper in a healthy way at the beach i suppose...
>>
have you ever talked to someone you knew who you didn't know had suicidal issues on your hotline ,then you realized it was them?
>>
>>557042184
You, anon, are doing gods work. Everyone, including you, has an insane amount of problems. Yet you volunteer to keep up with not only your own shit, but shit from other people too. If you could do me one wish, live long and prosper.
>>
>>557042479

I've attempted suicide twice, and i took it as a lesson.

Yeah i fucked up suicide on myself, call me a faggot all you could want.

Maybe i wasn't on such a level as the people i talked to to make sure it worked both times, but feeling like shit was a daily thing for me, and at times all i thought was that falling asleep and not waking up was the best option.

I've been cheated, lied to, put down, bullied, treated like shit by my own abusive parents, yet here i am, alive, and grateful i still have the ability to impact other peoples lives, even if it's just one lonely person like me.
>>
>>557042893
If i have one wish it'd be for you too to live long and prosper as well as i hope to. Thanks anon.
>>
>>557042702
Yeah, a friend from high school way back when. He had schizophrenia. He set his house on fire with himself in the crawlspace beneath it. I take it he died from it but i didn't want to work to find out more about the incident. Who knows.
>>
File: 1393296721139.png (28KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1393296721139.png
28KB, 200x200px
>>557043134
Tell me man, do you have kids? If so you should teach them your ways. We need more people like you
>>
>>557044016
No kids yet, but i plan on it. I've been thinking of marrying my girlfriend of 6 years, we've been through a lot together.

Thanks anon, look toward your future in a positive light as well.
>>
Keeping yourself suppressed of your emotions is the worst thing you can do to yourself. You have to vent to someone, even if it's just writing a letter and burning it in the fireplace. Great way to leave things in the past and get feelings out when no one's around.
>>
bamp
>>
>>557044249
Now you stated that you had your own suicide hotline, was it just you or did you have other people with you?
>>
>>557044783
Just me, and trust me, it was hell trying to keep it together. 4000 people in contact was a lot to keep up with and i'll admit it stressed me out way too much. One of the reasons i stopped it. I couldn't get others to help me out officially like i've been doing solo.
>>
>>557044783
My girlfriend knew about it and supported me through tough times like the time the story i stated above happened. She didn't take part in helping me run it though, i didn't blame her not wanting to talk to people with such problems.
>>
bump for anon
>>
File: 1391501480027.gif (965KB, 498x266px) Image search: [Google]
1391501480027.gif
965KB, 498x266px
>>557045383
So how come you did shut down your hotline? You gave a few reasons here and there, but nothing definitive
>>
Seems like a stupid question, but I'd ask anyway

Was it completely non-profit throughout its entire course? Or did any local organizations ever step up to offer support?
>>
>>557046219
After years of talking to thousands of people with problems much worse than my own, it started to stress me out to the point it was affecting my own life.

One can only take so much, even though i dedicated years to listening to as many as i could and offering advice to those who really needed it. It's like a never ending psychological fuck trip and trust me, unless you're capable of handling so many people with so many problems, it can't last long until you have to worry for yourself.

I feel terrible for having to slow it down and pass people onto someone different they weren't used to talking to, and not knowing how some ended up still hurts to this day. But i needed to help myself as much as these people did.

And a few close people to me died. If that doesn't affect you the slightest bit after you've been their confidant for so long and sometimes best friend, then you're a really troubled person...
>>
>>557032789
Bumping. May whatever higher powers that be bless you, anon.
>>
>>557046998
Yes, i never asked for a cent from these people. Some donated and gave me help of my own with their own accounts and advice.

But helping as many as i could was the only reward i needed, and knowing they bettered their lives and turned their lives around was even better.

Two organizations offered to help but i was younger and thought i had it under control. I didn't know these people and i doubted the people i talked to would simply switch over to a "professional" over the line.
>>
To the usuals i talked to, i was much more than a guy on the other line, or message. I was their friend and they knew more about me than someone getting a tax refund for it could.
>>
File: 1404673968698s.jpg (3KB, 125x115px) Image search: [Google]
1404673968698s.jpg
3KB, 125x115px
>>557047325
You are truly doing God's work anon.
Last question from me
Why do you come here on 4chan? More specifically /b/ of all places
>>
>>557047783

Dude you're truly an angel sent down to be with us. Even though you lost some of the people you spoke with, I'm sure those people kept you in their hearts every single day. You were their shining light despite their turmoil.

God bless you man.

>inb4 summer
>>
bump for justice
>>
More stories pls
>>
>>557048317

It took me a while before i finally felt like getting it out.

And /b/ is known for its emotionally and mentally beaten populace. It's a place where even though the word faggot is thrown around more than a boomerang in the outback, it has some of the most kindhearted people i've seen, much like fellow posters in this thread.

Bless you all, no matter the circumstance.
>>
File: 1390186476887.jpg (76KB, 425x399px) Image search: [Google]
1390186476887.jpg
76KB, 425x399px
>>557048317
>Capitalizes god
>Pretends to be deep
Everyone's heard of your product, faggot, and noone's interested
>>
File: images (4).jpg (5KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
5KB, 204x247px
>>557048527

I met a crazy bitch before.

>stalked me from fuckin' alaska man
>ALASKA.
>conspiracy theorist, vegan, and emotionally unstable, arsonist, anarchist, possibly bipolar.
>somehow found my personal address even after i never gave this bitch a hint
>Sent me nudes and pics of her "tattoos" she gave herself with a sewing needle and pen ink.

>mfw she had the hottest fuckin' body i've ever seen to this day.
>>
>>557049624

>another reason i chose to post in /b/.
>>
more stories from anonbro please
>>
I'm off to sleep /b/, gotta get up for work in 4 hours, i'll hop back in if it's not dead by then. If so i'll make a new thread to post more stories.

Night amazing anons.
>>
>>557032789
This is inspiring man. I lost someone very close to me to suicide, and i talked a friend out of it as well. This makes me want to make a difference as you did. How did you set up this hotline and how did it start getting as much callers as it did?
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.