[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

well /b/, my dog just died. and no, i'm not going to use

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 23

File: joe 1.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
joe 1.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
well /b/, my dog just died. and no, i'm not going to use that same image.

cute basset hound ~15 years, hes been on the decline the last few months. this morning he was lethargic, but thats not too surprising. fast forward to his dinner meal he starts panting, ends up vomiting, and dies within an hour. i suppose it was good it was quick, but i'm not really sure.

cant really say why i'm posting this here, i guess i just want to see his picture on the internet and i cant stand facebook. anyone want to post something funny to get my mind off of it, or maybe a story about their own dog.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 208x208px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 208x208px
get a spider as a pet
>>
File: joe 2.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
joe 2.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
pretty sure he hated me with the amount i messed with him. when i wasn't pampering the hell out of him i was teasing him.
>>
Sorry for your loss OP, I'm sure he had a great life
>>
dogs are super awesome. i dunno why they live such short lives, it's so sad loving something and having it love you back unconditionally and then it lives for only 15 years :(:(
>>
File: joe 3.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
joe 3.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
clumsier then all hell, but he thought he was an acrobat (which i blame on our last dog, a toy poodle). one time i made a bunch of pumpkin muffins for thanksgiving, ended up leaving them on a high counter to cool and went out shopping. ended up coming home to find the pan picked completely bare in the same place i left it, muffin and paper cups they were in completely gone.

of course joe was sitting by the door wagging his tail, completely sure he could get away with it. the only way he could have gotten to the muffins would to have climbed onto a couch, hop onto a table from said couch, climb over a low wall onto the counter, and walk across the thin counter without falling to get to the muffins.

i wish i had a camera set up to see it, it would have been funny as hell.
>>
Sorry for your loss OP. Will raise a glass to your dog tonight.
>>
Sheeit man, that is tough.
I will tell you a quick story about a dog I once knew.
One day when she was walking she discovered a whole hotdog on the side of the sidewalk. She ate it in two gulps. Every time she walked by that spot, from that day until her death, she would pull desperately on the leash to go and check for another hotdog.
>>
File: joe and teddy.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
joe and teddy.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
he wasn't that big a fan of our other dog teddy (a toy poodle that passed about a year ago), and admittedly i wasn't either, but he was very protective of him none the less.

i remember walking them both around the nieghborhood i live in a few years back. teddy (the toy) weighted about 14 pounds while joe tended to hover around 50.

well we come around the corner to find 4 little jack russel terriers wandering around, they thought they owned the neighborhood. they took one look at teddy and the hunt began; 3 jumped in front of him and started barking while the fourth began to circle around to 'attack' from behind.

joe took offense to this and barreled into the three dogs, knocking them all over. he began to bay like bassets are known for and ended up chasing them off.
>>
Sorry for your loss OP :(

It sounds very simillar to the way my dog died. She was very lively (jack russel terrier) but one day she just seemd to be a little off and tired. She vomited a couple of times in the middle of the night but didnt think too much about it. The next day when i was gonna take her for a walk i noticed that she was limping and barely could walk. Took her to the vet and she had a stroke apparently and they couldnt do anything to save her life so had to put her down :(

Im sure your dog had a great life though he really was a cutie :( Im sure you will get over your loss soon i cried my eyes out the first couple of days.
>>
File: joe, teddy, and freta.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
joe, teddy, and freta.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
joe absolutely loved to chase things, little animals like squirrels and cats especially. i have to emphasize that he really only liked to chase, the few times he cornered a squirrel he froze up completely unsure what to do.

i've only ever had one cat, a neighborhood stray that stayed with us for a couple months, and joe absolutely loved her. she was too lazy to be chased, so she often ended up lounging next to him as they slept. but when she got really into cuddling with him she began to drool and kneed at him with her claws, joe stoically took the needling with only the occasional weak yelp.
>>
>>554885101

Really sorry bro. Looks like a cool dog. :(
>>
Stop OP, you're making me tear up.
>>
Dogs are brotier
>>
Sorry for your loss OP
>>
File: joe 4.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
joe 4.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
somewhere along the line someone (probably me) taught joe how to remove peoples socks. he wasn't very good at it, often stepping on peoples feet to try to claw the sock off and then biting down on you when he couldn't. but he was persistent and would spend several minutes trying to get the sock off.

best part was it got to the point that any time he saw someone wearing a sock he would pounce on their foot to take it. watching him attack a friends foot was funny as hell.
>>
File: IMG_5332.jpg (989KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5332.jpg
989KB, 1600x1200px
I'm sorry, OP.

Here's my dog, Henrietta.
>>
>>554891026
That dog looks like a real friend
>>
>>554891026
this is excellent.
>>
File: sam 129.jpg (279KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
sam 129.jpg
279KB, 720x960px
>>554886067
No way man. A dog loves every minute of attention you can give to them. You did good, anon. You gave your doggie the best 15 years he could have hoped for. My mastiff after a shower, not liking me too much at the moment
>>
sorry op, sounds like he had a good life though
>>
File: joe 5.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
joe 5.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
he was a little monster when he was younger, constantly chewing on everything and always trying to run out the front door so he could play keep away.

any time he escaped the house without a leash he would run, and he was much faster then he looked. one of his favorite things to do was to run wide circles around the person chasing him, constantly keeping out of reach (made worse by the fact he stood barely a foot high).

one chase i remember quite well lasted about 30 minutes and ended up with him 3 blocks away from my house. along the way several people and come to help try to catch him, but because of his size, speed, and the fact he seemed to know every hole in every fence around us, he was able to keep away from us. finally i just stopped and sat down, the little fool came ambling right up to me and plopped down in my lap like nothing had happened.
>>
really sad for your loss anon...
>>
>>554892245
I like how you put your dogs in those cute jackets
>>
I lost my 8 months Beagle puppy for a stupid veterinarian...I'm sure your dog had a good and long life...be strong :)
>>
>>554885101
sorry to hear that, /b/ has got your back OP. Many of us has lost a furry friend.
>>
>>554892245
That's quite a cool story indeed
>>
>>554885101
nigga its a fucking dog get over it
>>
>>554892837
I hate faggots like you
>>
File: superholden.jpg (10KB, 200x228px) Image search: [Google]
superholden.jpg
10KB, 200x228px
>>554885101
Mah nigga. Bro-est of bros. You've had a best fucking friend that makes endorphins everytime the fuck saw ya. You can't say that about any single mouth-breathing human on the planet.
You watched something grow and die. Carry that feeling with you, and those memories.

If, after a fashion, you find yourself with a hole missing in your life, try to remember as much as you can about your dogs behavior as a pup. It'll help you try to narrow down a similarly tempered dog. I been there myself a few times.

If you need someone to chat with hit me up on steam: King of the Liquor Frontier.
>>
File: joe 6.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
joe 6.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
he could be obnoxiously loud, especially around meal time, to the point i've had neighbors complain about him.

just to annoy him i'd start yelling back at him sometimes. at first it confused him and he'd stop, but eventually he saw it as a game and would try to yell louder and faster then me.
>>
>>554892937
You're not alone
>>
>>554885101

Just put down my dog July 3rd. He was a real active miniature dachshund but he was an epileptic. He had medication to help reduce the seizures over the years and only had about 5 o 6 in nine years.

Fwd to two weeks ago: he became extremely lethargic to the point we have to carry him upstairs to use the puppy pad and all he wanted to do was sleep. Took him to see the vet and she convinced us to do an mri. Results come back with a massive tumor behind his left eye which would be fatal. Had to euthanize him.

I know your feels OP. Just remember, it is okay to be sad and you just remember all the good times you had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jptxkTrAz-A

>bonus: song to make grown men weep
>>
>>554893619
I'd also like to recommend a song. Helped me get through putting my dalmatian down 3 years ago on the 20th of this month. Spent more than a few nights listening to this, after the wife and daughters went to bed, with tears dripping on my desk and my vodka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acxnmaVTlZA
>>
>>554893619
Sad story, but I believe this is the song you were looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r26VsCGCgb0
>>
>>554885101
sorry for your loss
you'll always miss them, but it gets a little easier
>>
File: DSCF0268.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0268.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
thanks for everyones posts so far, makes me feel better just remembering all the stuff i experience with my dog.

he wasn't the healthiest dog ever, in fact he's had several surgeries throughout his life. worst one i can remember was a bit after i first got him, he was maybe a year and a half at the time.

one day he just stopped eating, that was strange in and of itself because he never turned away food. ended up giving him a rawhide bone and leaving him be for a bit, came back later and saw the rawhide was gone so i thought he ate it.

he got really sick at that point, started convulsing so i ended up taking him to the vet. they did an exploritory on him to see if he had eaten anything, bud didn't find a thing; strangely enough he got better but spent several days recovering in the vet.

in the meantime i found that he hadn't eaten his rawhide bone, just torn it up into strips and hidden them in between the couch cushions. laughed my ass off at his forethought, hiding his food until he felt well enough to eat it, and left them where they were. when he got home a few days later the first thing he did was make a b-line for the couch; i didn't let him eat all the rawhide but i had to give him some of it as a reward.
>>
>>554894924
Bump for remembering; won't let this thread die yet.
>>
>>554894924
Smart litttle doggy
>>
File: joe 8.jpg (714KB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
joe 8.jpg
714KB, 4000x3000px
>>554892449
did that for two reasons really, one it made him look as stupid as he acted and two he loved being warm.

only ever took him on one vacation, went down to the outer banks of NC and stayed by the ocean in a trailer for about a week. lots of sun and lots of swimming.

basset hounds cant swim, or at least mine couldn't. a combination of short limbs, barrel chest, and big dense bones just makes it impossible for him to do anything but sink like a rock. as such he hated the water, especially the ocean, and wouldn't go near the waves without being pulled. i remember watching him snapping at the waves as they lapped at his feet, and then running like a coward when a big swell came and swept far up onto the beach.

he ended up making best friends with a pot bellied pig in the area that some crazy lady owned. they had a similar build and loved to eat so i guess he thought it was kin. afterwards i fed him bacon, just to remind him how the world works.

on the way back home my friend had the glorious idea to go buy hush puppies, because any time he got into a car he began to howl himself horse. without thinking i agreed and we ended up sharing a large bag between the 5 of us, me my 3 friends and joe. couple miles down the road we could smell a god awful stench, and we realized a horrifying truth. hush puppies give dogs a horrible case of gas.
>>
had to have my dog put down last november,
it was tough, she was the best
her names Daisy.
hang in there, it gets easier in time but I cry p much everyday about it :/
>>
Your dog sounds like such a dumb sweetheart. I hope he's resting in peace. I'm sorry for your loss, OP; I will toast for you tonight.
>>
>>554897783 here again
After reading properly through your stories sounds like your dog had a good life, remember all the good times, stay strong op
>>
File: joe 9.jpg (1MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
joe 9.jpg
1MB, 4000x3000px
he had such an annoying personality most of the time, yelling at me whenever i got him to do what he needed to do (go outside, move out of the way, take a bath...) but he was always there when needed.

a few years ago i caught a bad case of the flu, first time i've had it since i was a little kid. now normally joe wouldn't spend much time around me during the day, either he was sleeping in one of the other rooms in the house or following another person around looking for food. but for those few days i was sick he spend all of his time in my room sleeping next to me on my bed.

wasn't very helpful, he generally just got in the way and smelled, but it was nice. i think the thing i love about dogs is how well then can read us.
>>
Hey man listen this is gonna hurt for a while but it will get better /b/ro

Let me dump a few funny pics to cheer you up.
>>
File: Swaglord420xx_e332f8_5141527.png (123KB, 1230x632px) Image search: [Google]
Swaglord420xx_e332f8_5141527.png
123KB, 1230x632px
>>
File: 662.jpg (67KB, 453x579px) Image search: [Google]
662.jpg
67KB, 453x579px
>>
File: 074.jpg (63KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
074.jpg
63KB, 500x336px
>>
File: 199.jpg (82KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
199.jpg
82KB, 500x388px
>>
File: 053.jpg (69KB, 384x512px) Image search: [Google]
053.jpg
69KB, 384x512px
>>
I wanna have your dogs babies.
>>
fuck man I love dogs and I just fell for that fake tit gif again :/ can't unsee the seen but sorry for ur loss could still remember when my first dog died when I was around 6
>>
File: IMG_3891.jpg (389KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3891.jpg
389KB, 1024x768px
This was about 3 months after I got my youngest dog a black mouth cur she figured it would be a good place to sit
>>
A Dog's Purpose? (from a 6-year-old). I don't usually forward emails, but this one is so truthful. -Diane
Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their homeAs we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker’s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up,
''I know why.''
Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation. It has changed the way I try and live. He said, ''People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?'' The Six-year-old continued,''Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.''
Pasta
>>
File: joe 10.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
joe 10.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
just realized how most of the pictures i have of him involve him sleeping. he lived like a lion, sleeping 20 hours a day and eating the other 4.

joe was always ready to eat, and he had a really bad habit of stealing other peoples food. best steal i can remember involved a friend eating a drumstick.

friend was stupid, he knew my dog was quick and would take his food. but he completely disregarded my warnings and ate in a low chair holding his food about 2.5 feet off the ground.

joe saw his chance and made his approach, he sprang like a rabbit from about 5 feet away and snatched that chicken right out of my friends hand (came close to taking some fingers too), i just barely wrestled the bone away from him before he swallowed the whole thing.
>>
>>554900125
Pasta indeed but thanks
>>
RIP Joe. Most of the shit I post is offensive, derogatory, abusive and sarcastic.
I honestly feel for your loss you cock smoking nigger.
seriously, dogs are better than most people and I really do feel tour loss.
I think you made Joe happy because he made you happy.
cheers to you and Joe
>>
Sorry for your loss. Going to go hug my dog now.
>>
File: joe 11.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
joe 11.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>554900125
thanks, made me feel a bit better.

joe had no idea how to wait, its probably why it always got so loud around dinner time.

a few years after i got him i put up a dog run in the backyard, essentially a long line between two polls with a fly wheel that runs along it, the long line was attached to the fly wheel and it gave him free roam of the majority of the yard.

well i used to just put him on the run and let him tire himself out running back and fourth like a fool, but one day i guess he got bored and decided he wanted to come in. instead of yelling like he normally would, he decided to take the quick rout and walk right through the lower screen on the screen door. a week later after i repaired it he did the exact damn thing again. ended up having to cover the lower portion with plexi glass to keep him from doing that.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.