[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me your best reason as to why PC gaming is better than console

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 27

File: PC-Vs-Console-Gaming.jpg (21KB, 590x221px) Image search: [Google]
PC-Vs-Console-Gaming.jpg
21KB, 590x221px
Give me your best reason as to why PC gaming is better than console gaming....Pro muthafucking tip.....You might, Idk too much about pc.
>>
>>550451506
Cheaper games, more games, free games if you aren't retarded. You can use it for more than just one thing easily.
>>
The initial investment can be a bit scary, but once you're in, you're in for life. You will get games waaaaay cheaper, not to mention that you can pirate games on PC. Optimization takes a while to get used to, but once you figure it all out you have a bunch of options on how you want your game to look and play. You like indie games? Fucking indie games everywhere, dude.

Find a PC gaming friend IRL. Have them take you through the steps. Then play games with them.
>>
>>550451749
>use it for more than one thing
You're right but today consoles have apps where I can watch netflix, Espn, hbo, and so on. Consoles can just about do everything a PC can from an entertainment perspective. That being said, if I had the money and knowledge to game PC I would but consoles are much easier. Plug the fucker in and go.
>>
File: 1387368302950.jpg (372KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
1387368302950.jpg
372KB, 854x859px
>>550451506
console vs pc is like go-kart vs motor vehicle.
there is no 'better', only faggotry from fanboys.
>>
>>550451506
PC gaming = never pay for any game..... ever.

Plus it's your PC you can do anything on it when you have a console you.... play video games.
>>
I have a gaming pc, Xbox one and Ps4 (I'm not a gamer, just play occasionally) and I would have to say Ps4 and xbox one are much better for a casual gamer like me. But if you're a hardcore gamer. I can definetely see why PC is a lot better than console.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 610x794px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 610x794px
>>550452659
Hit the nail on the head
>>
I haven't played video games in almost a decade and even I KNOW that PC gaming is better.

correct me if I'm wrong but don't today's consoles have literally the same kind of hardware of a PC with the exception that you're limited to proprietary software and accessories?
>>
>>550452376
It's not like PC's are super intricate and complicated beasts that you need to crank and shake and solve every time you use them. They're just as "plug and play" as consoles.

Plus from an entertainment perspective it's even broader if you're not a moron, faster and better too. Also you can browse the webs while you wait for your Dota match to start, you can have Skype calls with your faggoty team and can jerk off with your 4 inch dick and 23 inch monitor.
>>
wanna save hundreds of dollars?
GET A PC

like watching netflix and gettin insulted by 12 year olds on call of duty?
GET A CONSOLE

(why is the wii even up there, its should be xboner and ps4)
>>
File: opsucks.jpg (55KB, 501x506px) Image search: [Google]
opsucks.jpg
55KB, 501x506px
PC gaming is for fedora wearing neck bearded bronie faggots
>>
mustard reporting in.

Owned an ExBawk treefiddy for quite some time before becoming mustard, and I have to say I don't miss it one bit.
>>
>>550453254
found the 12 year old
>>
>>550451506
Because don't you love nothing but RTS, shooters, and indieshit? If you do, then PC gaming is right for you!
>>
>>550451506
Can play all the same games as consoles (though sometimes there'll be a delay between console release and PC release, though it's never very long, and you can use an emulator for most console exclusives), has an inconceivable number of exclusives, games that use controllers still work with controllers, and while it is more expensive initially, it holds up better to 24/7 use, works fine multitasking, and can be consistently upgraded rather than completely replaced.
>>
>>550452659
I applaud you, Anon.
>>
I don't play video games, so I don't really give a fuck about any consoles, but holy fuck I hate you PC neckbeards so fucking bad.

You losers sit alone in your bedrooms staring at a screen driving men down the societal ladder with your antisocial obsession. You represent the worst in video games and how they've dragged down men. Luckily, most of you won't get a chance to stick your dick in anything to reproduce.

You PC fags group up and talk down on console gamers as if you're high and mighty. In reality, you're trying to legitimize your own shitty hobby by talking to other people who share the same problem you have.
>>
>using a typing tool to play a video game rather than a precision engineered handheld controller ergonomically sculpted to fit the human hand
>attempting to argue that hunching over a desk is better than chilling on couch/bed
0/10
>>
File: console-vs-pc.jpg (49KB, 650x299px) Image search: [Google]
console-vs-pc.jpg
49KB, 650x299px
/thread
>>
>>550453696
This guy knows what i'm talking about. At least everyone isn't fucking retarded out there.
>>
>>550451506
the plus to consoles is they are just easy.
the plus to pcs is they can play just about everything.

one downside i noticed among others that pissed me off was the fact you had to pay for "xbox music"
in order to listen to music while gaming you have to pay like 10 month
pcs "may-be" hard to build and what not but not really if you have someone who knows what theyre doing.
>>
File: Here'syourreason.jpg (706KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Here'syourreason.jpg
706KB, 1920x1080px
This

>Pic related
>>
>>550453005
>4 inch dick and 23 inch monitor
Lulz
Consoles are just easier. For the casual gamer like me who plays 6 hours a week maybe it's much less of a hassle. I don't have to worry about things like software or a graphics card. Plus at the end of the day the best platform is the one all your friends are on. That's why I play 360. Plenty of were spent playing cod 4, halo 3, and mw2.
>>
File: 1398221742316.jpg (40KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1398221742316.jpg
40KB, 500x667px
>>550453854
This makes sense...Besides my keyboard is super crusty from the years of dry cum.
>>
>>550453918
unfortunately this picture isn't true.
>>
>>550453854
You can use console controllers on a PC.

You can play games on a PC from your couch/bed/chair.

1/10 made me respond
>>
>>550453526
>Can play all the same games as consoles (though sometimes there'll be a delay between console release and PC release, though it's never very long, and you can use an emulator for most console exclusives)
Have fun waiting 10-15 years for a good emulator to come out for games that are currently new. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a nostalgia trip as much as the next guy, but you don't need a fucking top of the line PC to play any emulators that actually play any games.

>has an inconceivable number of exclusives
bunch of uninspired indieshit that is 90% just reskinned Genesis games

>can be consistently upgraded rather than completely replaced.
More like it needs to be constantly upgraded if you want to keep playing new games that still work on the current consoles.
>>
>>550454097
I get a lot more "gg" than "goddamn faggot tryhards"
>>
>>550453918
actually the hacker part happens EVERY time some neckbeard pleb gets his ass kicked

no such thing as skills on pc. it's either luck or hacks
>>
TF2
Minecraft / terrafirmacraft
Terraria
Doom
>>
Choice, if I want a cheap PC that runs games like consoles, I can do it. And if I want a super powerful PC for 4k, 60FPS, mods and so on.
And if I have a powerful PC I can play with eye candy, or turn graphics down and get higher FPS.
>>
File: 1390075745604.gif (2MB, 383x278px)
1390075745604.gif
2MB, 383x278px
>>
>>550454097
That game is gonna be fucking amazing.
>>
>>550453978
Find better friends.
>>
>>550454097

I'd say it's moderately better than consoles, but you're better off just turning off or ignoring chat and getting on skype or teamspeak with friends.
>>
File: tumblrbullshit (117).gif (477KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblrbullshit (117).gif
477KB, 500x281px
>>550453976
well played.
>>
>>550453976
HNNNNG

get fucked console peasents
>>
>>550454526
was meant for
>>550453976
>>
>>550452376
You can't build applications or run websites effectively from a PC.
>>
>>550453976
What is this fucking games!! Looks amazing
>>
>>550454974
you... what?
>>
File: ebin.jpg (582KB, 1067x781px) Image search: [Google]
ebin.jpg
582KB, 1067x781px
>playing video games

grow the fuck up
>>
>>550454974
>from an entertainment perspective

And here I thought PCfags would be able to read, given how they have to spend more time getting their games to work than actually playing them.
>>
>>550455025
Star Citizen
>>
Better bang for buck:
> It serves as a station for both work AND gaming.
> Cheaper games
> Individual warranty on components can range from 1 to 3 years.
> No online subscription fee.
> Longevity of build is assured to match current consoles until next generation.
> Can play all released console games + emulate consoles (now including PS3).

Mechanics:
> You can connect up game controllers
> You can connect to TVs.
> Ability to add and remove parts freely. Greater variety of peripherals
> Better support and diagnostics. You are in a far better place in terms of being able to resolve a problem by yourself.

Games
> Steam libraries can be huge. The catalogue is insanely big. You're not starved for choice.
> Far smoother abilities to communicate over skype, teamspeak, steam chat etc...
> Will always have graphics ahead of consoles. Case in point being ARMA 3 or Crysis. While consoles will get a graphics overhaul with each generation, PCs are a linear progression.
>>
File: 000928.jpg (63KB, 490x373px) Image search: [Google]
000928.jpg
63KB, 490x373px
>>
anyone on /b/ on a console?
>>
>>550455117
>Browsing and posting on /b/
>>
>>550455025
Elite: Dangerous

The awesome big brother of Star Citizen who rides a motorcycle and throws rocks at Mr. Jenkins petunias.
>>
>>550455117

This
>>
>>550455117
>>550455117
The average gamer-age is 31 years old and aa single game is predicted to have more fans than than soccer in 2030.
>>
>>550454218
There was a PS3 Emulator within 1 year of the PS3 release (although it was a bit buggy).

The only emulators which wouldn't work very well would be Wii or Kinect garbage.
>
Civilization V
Arma 3 (Arma 2>DayZ)
Chivalry
Titanfall (though available on the Xbox 360 and One, performance is way better on a decent PC)
Telltale Games
Shadowrun

Also, MODS
>Skyrim+Mods=Love

You have to consider console lifespans. Console games do not improve much technologically over the lifespan of the console. After 2 years, there'll be new technology but not a new console. A PC that has been built future-proof will run exactly as well on new-tech games after 2 years as it did on the day you bought it, provided you haven't bricked it.
>>
Price, selection, infinite backwards forwards compatibility, full customizability
>>
File: cat.jpg (8KB, 162x127px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
8KB, 162x127px
>>550455117
>Stop doing what I don't like and be mature just like me.
>>
>>550455491
source? If true, that's actually pretty sad
>>
>>550455610
I wonder what adults did before video games. Go bowling? Go to a bar? Build models?

Fuck that.
>>
>>550452376

You can do all of that on a computer, shit you can do that on your phone.

Besides "exculsives" consoles are shit tier. You have to pay a monthly fee to play games online, most if not all games are down scaled in resolution to run on shitty hardware.

And this >>550451749
>>
Better everything, literally. I could go on about a bunch of stuff, but I really don't feel like it. It is 2014, consoles used to there just for the games, but now its all about hardware.

Again, it is 2014, PC parts that can get you to 1080p 60fps gaming is pretty cheap now compared to back then.

Consoles are trying so hard to be a PC, but why buy a watered down PC when I can get the real thing for around the same price, with everything being better in in nearly every aspect?

(I say nearly because split screen co-op games barely exist on PC and consoles do well on this part.)

One last thing, most exclusives on consoles are shit now, and any good games are usually multiplats on PC anyway.
>>
All the games I like aren't on PC. When I can play the new Ratchet & Clank or Sly Cooper on a PC, I'll look into it. As it stands, top of the line PCfags can just about get a good emulator going to play the first games in those series that came out ten years ago. And it's not like there are other 3d platformers on PC. 90% of PC games are FPS/TPS/RTS/MMO. The other ten percent are indie garbage, but PCfags eat it up because it's all they have.

I feel sorry for PCfags. They don't know what good games are. Growing up I'd be into Sonic the Hedgehog, some of my friends would be into Mario World, and we'd have endless fun. Then we'd go to that one kid's house, that kid who said he had "video games," but all he had was a computer. He tells me Sonic reminds him of his favorite game, Jazz Jackrabbit. And that's the genesis of PCfags. They grow up in denial that their parents didn't love them enough to get them real video games, so they convince themselves that PCshit is fun, but it was never fun. It was always just bad ripoffs of good console games and "games" that barely qualify as games at all, but are more just like work. They sit around farming gold all day, and that's fun for them, because their other option is either Fence Painting Simulator 9001, or a subpar port of Generic FPS 10,000,000.
>>
>>550453978
Okay. So take this in through your thick skull. You don't have to worry about software or a graphics card because you have no choice. Console gamers (nothing against them) are required to play with whatever shit hardware is offered. You're stuck with outdated hardware and you must suffer.
>>
consoleretards : go kill yourself
>>550455153
>>
>>550453978
You don't have to worry about 'software or graphics card' on a PC either.
We change our hardware as often as you get hardware for your piece of shit console. IE : when something much better is out and we want it.
It's a dumbass myth amongst retard consolefags that you need to change your hardware and everything crashes on PC.
>>
>>550455494
i gotta point out that titanfall sucks on pc. it might look great and run great but the community is fucking dead. takes 5-10 minutes to find a match and almost always leads to stacked teams

chivalry though, best fucking 8 dollars i ever spent

for anyone thinking building a PC is too complicated heres a series of videos made by newegg about building your own. if you watch them you'll see this shit isnt rocket science

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw
>>
>>550455187
>> Can play all released console games + emulate consoles
like ten years later

>(now including PS3).
They got it to "emulate" some basic menu functions? Yeah right they have it playing games. Certainly not many.

And how good an emulator you can get for each console isn't always consistent. The Saturn is old as fuck but it's still hard to find an emulator that works very well. Sure, getting the title screen working is no problem. Playing games? Not so much. But then PCfags don't care about games. I guess spending hours upon hours trying to get your shit working might be fun for some very specific kinds of autism, but not the kind I have.
>>
File: 1305724197261.jpg (9KB, 117x126px) Image search: [Google]
1305724197261.jpg
9KB, 117x126px
>>550451506
Nigga I spent like $750 on my PC and and PS4 and XBONEs sell for like $500 in Australia. My computer has superior hardware to both consoles, and can run Watch Dogs on 120fps on ultra settings, Crysis 2, 3, Battlefield 4, etc. I don't have to pay for any of them and I can mod any game I want easily, e.g. Skyrim, Fallout. You also never have to worry about backwards compatibility. Lastly you don't need to buy a whole new machine to upgrade, you just buy a new part and replace it, and you can even sell the old parts, making upgrades rather cheap.
>>
>>550456165
>I feel sorry for PCfags. They don't know what good games are.
You do understand that most PCFags have console as well, right? I play exclusives as well and they're fun, but I'd rather be on my PC most of the time.

>They don't know what good games are
I'm sorry, but a lot of good games are on PC
>Mass Effect
>KOTOR
>Dota
>Battlefield
>L4D2
>Civ V

Exclusives are basically all ConsoleFags can cry, but most PC gamers have access to those to dipshit. If someone can afford a top-end PC, they can also a ford a shitty console.
>>
>>550451506
[everything in this section is an opinion, you might don't like it but I don't care]
Console to games is like masturbation to sex.
You don't get full 1080p 60 experience.

It also oversimplify games for the use of pad and console hardware limitations. That's why all games lately became utter shit. (except for maybe darksouls but PC port was awful)

Probably if you consider yourself "True gamer", you should have $box, PayStation and PoorC. Which means you should have all the biggest platforms for the biggest games (and you literally have no friends, life and never get laid) . If you just play games casually buy one of the consoles. If you have life you'll buy PC and won't use it for games. (But than why would you need powerhouse except for maybe 3DG rendering).

Also if you're more than 25 years old and still waste hours playing games you probably lost your real life, that sucks though you get only one of those
[/opinion]
>>
>>550456615
GTA 5 now runs on PC as an emulation - so until the PC port comes out I can just play that. Suck it.

Point is, it can do it. Without much fuss either.
>>
>>550456615
I've never understood the appeal of Titanfall. It's just another CoD but with mech gimmicks. However, given the few games on Xbone it's no surprise that it is still played on that console rather than PC.
>>
>>550457007
>e3 2014
>gta confirmed for pc
it's a good thing i played it already. now i can torrent it with BETTER quality

pros of having consoles+pc
>>
>>550456615
The Saturn used such a shitty processing architecture that it is actually several orders of magnitude easier to just remake the entire games, rather than emulate them.
>>
>>550455187
>> You can connect up game controllers
>> You can connect to TVs.
Are you listing these as features or what? This is standard with every console ever.

>> Ability to add and remove parts freely.
Don't need to. Your new games will work regardless on a console.

>Greater variety of peripherals
Not so much for games that use them.

>> Better support and diagnostics. You are in a far better place in terms of being able to resolve a problem by yourself.
What problems do you get on consoles? My NES is almost 30 years old. Closest thing to a problem I've ever had was resolved by blowing into the cartridge, which I can do myself. Maybe you're too fat to waste that breath or something, idk.

> Steam libraries can be huge. The catalogue is insanely big. You're not starved for choice.
If you want to play good games, however, you're fucked.

>Far smoother abilities to communicate over skype, teamspeak, steam chat etc...
I don't play online a whole lot, but I don't get how this is a problem. If I want to play with someone I click their thing on whatever I want to use and talk to them. It's not exactly an ordeal on whatever device you're using.

>Will always have graphics ahead of consoles. Case in point being ARMA 3 or Crysis. While consoles will get a graphics overhaul with each generation, PCs are a linear progression.
If you consistently shell out for top of the line shit and then buy games based purely on graphics. By the end of a console game you might have ten games that, if you compare side by side, will show differences that you are able to point out. A regular person wouldn't tell the difference, but maybe you would. Then you rage every time you wait two years for a port and it doesn't have graphics optimized for that new card you shelled out hundreds for.
>>
>>550456578
That's because Titanfall is boring as fuck.
It's just Battlefield with a gimmick, and when you realise that after a couple of weeks, you would much rather want to play Battlefield.
Titanfall is fun for 10-15 minutes at a time.
>>
>>550453976
Oh boy, ANOTHER space shooter.
Troll harder please.
>>
Mods can greatly increase the lifespan of a game versus what it is in the vanilla form, giving you more gameplay than you'd get out of the same game on a console.

Most of PC games are cheap as hell if you wait a couple months, where as with console games you'll still see a lot of them selling for close to launch price, even a year or more later.

Oh also better graphics, resolution, and framerates.
>>
>>550456940
I don't like your definition of real life. I would much rather spend an evening reading or playing games than pretty much anything else besides sex... Actually, if I'm in the zone, sex can take a backseat too.
>>
File: unrelatedwhynotzoidberg.jpg (74KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
unrelatedwhynotzoidberg.jpg
74KB, 400x306px
Legit question for PCfags

So the Xbox 360 came out in 2005. It had the ability to play 360 games then and it still does now. My question is, could you have built a PC in 2005, paid the same price as a 360, and still played the games that are coming out now?
>>
>>550457742
>ANOTHER space shooter.
>Give me more CoD.
>>
>>550455494
>There was a PS3 Emulator within 1 year of the PS3 release (although it was a bit buggy).
Did it actually play games? I strongly doubt it.

>The only emulators which wouldn't work very well would be Wii or Kinect garbage.
Actually, I suck at this shit and even I can get a Wii one working fairly well.

>Civilization V
>Arma 3 (Arma 2>DayZ)
>Chivalry
>Titanfall (though available on the Xbox 360 and One, performance is way better on a decent PC)
>Telltale Games
>Shadowrun

That's nice. Any games that are actually fun?

>A PC that has been built future-proof will run exactly as well on new-tech games after 2 years as it did on the day you bought it, provided you haven't bricked it.
Exactly, so the argument that graphics are always better on PC is false, unless you continue spending even more money, when you already spent more at the beginning. Also, the games need to actually utilize that shit, and most don't, and the ones that do are generally shit, but you fags obsess over them because those rocks are slightly more hi-res than the rocks on the console versions.
>>
>>550457875
nope

now it's probably different tho
>>
>>550453854
stay pleb
>>
>>550451506

Because you can use a computer to emulate any console game. Console games are about 5 years behind the technology of most computers of the same year.
>>
>>550458064
if the only game you think is fun is CoD then stick to consoles shitslave. arma 3 and chivalry easily beat anything you've ever played in terms of "fun"
>>
>>550451506
i like league of legends. and the overall depth of stupid-endless pc games. you get insanely fun 12 hours runs on consoles and then shell out more for another game.
>>
>>550457875
Technically possible, since PC and Xbox 360 hardware and architecture were really very similar, though no one did. PCs weren't behind in hardware, so all that was needed was someone to write a platform that would trick an Xbox game into thinking it was running on an Xbox while being run on a PC, which, given the DRM on 360 games was easier said than done.

And considering emulators are free, I'm not surprised that it took 2 years for a decent one to hit market since it was basically a hobbyist working on it by himself.
>>
>>550451506
Steam. The reason is steam, we have all the games you have, and more, with 1080p and 60+ frames per second
>>
>>550456927
Battlefield is shit.
Just throwing that out there.
>>
>>550456927
>>Mass Effect
>>KOTOR
>>Dota
>>Battlefield
>>L4D2
>>Civ V
I thought you said there were good games on PC. And most of those are on consoles anyway.

>Exclusives are basically all ConsoleFags can cry
Yeah, when you actually like video games and not just bragging about the theoretical capacity of your computer, the games are kind of the most important part.

>but most PC gamers have access to those to dipshit. If someone can afford a top-end PC, they can also a ford a shitty console.
So they put together an expensive, top of the line PC, then go and buy a console anyway, because that's where all the good games are. I just cut the bullshit and don't buy an expensive PC. The best games you can play on PC are just emulated games from over a decade ago anyway. At least now I can play SNES games without standing up and grabbing my controller off the shelf. That's basically the best video-game related thing PCs do.
>>
File: 1283143711338.jpg (16KB, 380x288px) Image search: [Google]
1283143711338.jpg
16KB, 380x288px
>>550458003
Space shooter fags = COD fags
>>
>>550456565
No, it's that you fags constantly argue about "top of the line graphics" that are "always better on PC," which means you're upgrading all the time to get that top of the line shit.
>>
>>550457875
>my console is better because they have to dumb down games to make them work on it

No, because today's PC games aren't cripplingly limited by technology from 9 years ago like your 360 games are.
>>
>>550456908
>You also never have to worry about backwards compatibility.
I never have. I still have my Atari 2600 right there on the shelf.
>>
>>550458396
The question was really if PC's built in 2005 for $400 could still play the games that are coming out today?
>Titanfall
>GTA 5
>etc
>>
>>550458817
Oh the irony.
At least console companies are trying to innovate.
Just look at how varied console controllers can get. What do you get with PC? Keyboard and mouse.
>hurr you can use a controller
That defeats the purpose of playing on PC. You're trying to give yourself the illusion of playing on console.
>>
>>550458797
Or we can stick with what we have and get shit graphics like the console plebs do

Don't get mad at PC gamers because your monetary situation limits your gaming experience.
>>
>>550457141
It's because Xbone has nothing but generic shooters and Microsoft promoted the hell out of it as their killer app even though it wasn't even exclusive and was even on the goddamn 360.

PCfags fall for this because even though it's shit, it's still better than what they've been playing.
>>
>>550458003
Where did that anon say he liked CoD? Oh right, nowhere. Just the best arguments PCfags have is imagining arguments their opponents didn't say and arguing against those instead of what is really said.
>>
>>550458817
Not trying to imply consoles are better with the question, just curious.

So are you saying that a PC built for $400-$500 today will be able to play new games 6-8 years from now at comparable graphics to a Xbox of Playstation?
>>
>>550459230
>completely disregard everything in the post you're quoting
>bring up something completely unrelated to it, which also happens to be the single dumbest argument in the entire topic

I applaud your stupidity
>>
>>550455494
Wii emulator actually works pretty well, just need to hook up a controller.
>>
>>550459547
You are aware that the 'next gen' consoles already have games cut down to 720p and 30FPS and this is NOT due to "getting used to programming"?
>>
>>550458305
Hey faggot. Read this.

>>550459453

As much as I'm mad about how shooters are fucking oversaturated in today's market, consoles still have a far better selection of variety and actual fun than PC, unless you're counting boring indieshit.
>>
>>550459547
No I'm saying the advancement of PC games isn't limited by old hardware like it is with console games
>>
>>550458474
>we have all the games you have
I spent most of the day playing InFamous: Second Son. If I knew I could have just played it on my PC I wouldn't have gotten a PS4. But oh wait, you can't. Maybe you'll be able to emulate it in about a decade. I'll try not to spoil it for you until then.
>>
>>550459756
>not answering the question
yes I'm aware, I still want to know if spending 500 on a PC today will allow me to play games 6-8 years in the future?
>>
>>550456908
>Watchdogs 120 fps
Doubt it, heard watchdogs was shittily optimised.
>>
>>550459238
But I thought PCfags always argue it's not more expensive?

And no, over the course of a console's life devs figure out how to use what they have better and better. Compare something that comes out at the beginning of the console's life cycle to the end.

Or you can get a PC and continue upgrading so you can have a slightly better grass texture on generic WWII shooter 86395 compared to the version on the Xbone.
>>
I just like knowing that I can look up porn after I play Dota without switching chairs.
>>
>>550459652
>contradicting yourself by completely ignoring the point I made
>implying it was unrelated
*slow clap*
>>
>>550460278
You can optimise your games yourself if you put effort in. Also, when I said I spent $750 I already had two monitors, speakers, 8GB RAM, etc.
>>
>>550459997
What I find funny is PCfags bragging about how much their hardware is capable of, then whenever I visit a friend who is a PCfag and see these games that I've seen you fags drooling over, it's just some generic isometric shit that might as well be on the Super Nintendo, or maybe a brown and grey shooter where everything looks ugly and the same regardless of technical capabilities.
>>
Consoles lost their plug-and-play advantage when you had to start installing games to play them.
>>
>>550451506
Well on a tech scale PC is always ahead of the game, but I play games on every platform so I don't give a damn really.
Not like some elitist hipsters around these parts, although I will never in my life purchase an x-box one...you couldn't make me but one with a gun to my head.
Put it this way, consoles are great because you can just put a game in and play, the system is (hopefully) optimized and ready, no need for screwing around with settings and shit.
PC is where you can push the limit in terms of graphics and performance.
Like I said, I love them both...so whateva.
>>
File: 1397854652657.gif (547KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1397854652657.gif
547KB, 250x250px
>>550455230
>>
>>550459997
>>550459997
but will a PC built today at a comparable cost to a console be able to play games that far in the future?

Captcha: Mahammod nigger
>>
>>550452659

Also have PC, PS4, and XBone, and I have to say overall I enjoy PC mostly for games I play by myself or with a group of friends. As for online multiplayer, I enjoy using a console (preferably the PS4) for it. Games just look 500x better on PC than console, but console will pretty much always have better multiplayer IMO unless something happens to change that.
>>
>>550452376
bitch write me an essay on a playstation.
>>
>>550455693
http://www.examiner.com/article/league-of-legends-beating-out-baseball

btw I fucking hate this game.
>>
It comes down to the games. This should be obvious, but most of the PCfag arguments in here don't see to get that.

If there's a game coming out that I really want it might make me want the console. When there are enough of them for said console, then I'll get it. There are no PC games I want. Sometimes there might be one or two that seem maybe interesting, but not a "system seller" for me. Eventually I'll get a new computer anyway, when I see a good deal, and then I'll check out those sorta interesting but not system selling games, without shelling out for a "gaming PC." Never before have I thought a PC game would have actually been worth getting a "gaming PC" for. By the time there are enough that are any good, they're fucking old and can be played on any random computer that anyone has.
>>
>>550460910
Also to add to that, modern consoles are much more heavily based on PC components than ever before.
So you can have a console that will still perform great and have nice graphics too, but in the PC world things are always moving forward, always being upgraded.
Yeah it is expensive to run a mighty PC battle station, but then you could also invest in a console that has exclusive games (which is what it all really comes down to) and is easier to pick up and play.
Also there is emulation but funk that, I wanna play SMB3 on the old ass NES simply because...well, you know that feel.
>>
File: Golden Homer.gif (168KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
Golden Homer.gif
168KB, 375x375px
>>550451506

>tfw my rendering workstation puts 90% of "gaming" computers to fucking SHAME.

>tfw computers will NEVER reach the level of integrated hardware, dedicated systems and immersion of good ol' console gaming.

>tfw the majority of PC "gaming" is done with a console controller anyway, which doesn't fucking count.

Silly PCgaymur peasants. Your quaintness amuses me so.
>>
you fags do know PCs are used to design consoles. checkmate faggots
>>
>>550455693
you sure you're not just fucking retarded?
>>
>>550461661

By that logic, computers build themselves as a self-replicating species.
>>
>>550461028
Just give it up. Avoiding your question for so long means the answer is no.

>>550461361
I'll write you an essay on the computer I bought from a friend for $50 two years ago. No need shelling out for some expensive shit to play new games that are mostly on consoles and not any fun anyway.
>>
>>550461751
retard by your logic you jump to retarded conclusions and implications
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>550451506
With pc gaming I can play vidya games eat hot pockets AND watch porn
>>
>>550461832

So either you're backpedaling because you realized your gigantic flaw in logic or you don't think computer components and computers themselves are designed by computers...

Either way, you FAIL.
>>
>>550461751
faggot he says " PCs are used" implying that people use them and made them, only and underage retard with a stupid imagination would think that computers built themselves
>>
File: handheld-pic1.jpg (70KB, 594x511px) Image search: [Google]
handheld-pic1.jpg
70KB, 594x511px
I have to say though that it is pretty amazing how much crap that can get crammed into a tablet or a handheld these days.
Still, I would pull out an old Tiger Electronics LCD game any time.
>>
>>550461929
Mah nigga
>>
>>550462005
now you just sound like youre mad, nothing more to say here
>>
>>550457794
few years back that was definition of somebody with no life.
It's funny though. In early 2000 I was this nerdy kid that spends time reading books, programming and playing games. Now we're adults and they have less life than I had back then. Maybe wasting time in front of computer somehow became socially acceptable when I were sleeping.
>>
>>550457875
A PC will cost you more initially. But the savings on games will make up for it. Yes you could have bought a computer that ran games on max in 2005 and have it play current gen at better than console specs. Or you can just add another videocard in sli down the road to double your video processing power. Or swap it out for a better one. You don't have to buy a whole new computer when you want to upgrade, just the video card mainly.
>>
pc is simply the best
>>
PC is master race, clearly. But Nintendo is a different console and should not be pitted against the xbone or ps4. (Apples to Oranges)
>>
Looking at the console exclusives that are released and anmounced until now, I see no reason to buy myself any of the next gen consoles. Some of the exclusives might be good games, but I won't buy a vonsole and invest 60/70 bucks for every game with a SP runtime of 20 hrs or less. You more or less need a PC anway nowadays and for the price of a console+2 or 3 games ypu get a decent PC that has better hardware anyway. There's a huge library on PC and many games are extremely cheap. It's mot indy crap only as some of the console fags claim but every genre and complexity you could wish for. Not hating on consoles and maybe getting one when it's cheaper and the game prizes drop in 2-3 years, but right now I see no reason because there's everything you could wish for on PC and it's cheaper overall.
>>
>>550462541
by they I understand people who told me I have no life because "programming is boring", "playing games is for queers because computers are too hard to understand", "how do I read?"
>>
>>550456908
care to share your build? i am looking 4 a decent pc in that price range. please.
>>
>>550462617

>the best

at sucking for playing games on.
>>
>>550462589
but what if you don't have the technical know how to mess with the innards of a computer
>>
>>550460196
no
>>
Oh and in case anyone needs reminding on why PC is too hardcore, crossplatform CS:GO never occurred because they felt PC users would have too much an edge with a mouse over console.
>>
>>550462813
Name some important games I can't play on PC or are better on console then
>>
>>550462808
He is lying since Watch Dogs is a shit port and can't run Ultra at 120p on literally anything, not even dual Titans.
Mine is an 1100 dollar build on sale with an i7 4770k, gtx 670, and asus z87 a if that helps at all.
>>
>>550462926
have you ever completed a lego set?

if you answered yes or maybe to any of the above questions you can put a computer together
>>
File: atari400.jpg (38KB, 627x236px) Image search: [Google]
atari400.jpg
38KB, 627x236px
why do they call it the atari 400?

because when you see it, you turn 400 degrees and walk past it at an angle.
>>
>>550463065

Do ones that have to be emulated count?
>>
>>550463275
lol
>>
>>550463065
Halo 2 is a mess on PC (vehicles control like shit, hackers everywhere)
Dark Souls/2 are messes

Halo 3

Infamous/Infamous 2
Jak and Daxter

Jade Empire is a mess

Watch Dogs is a mess

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_gameshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

just pick out all the good games from that list
>>
>>550453976

inb4 scamcitizen
inb4 it's call investing
inb4 investing never guarantee returns
inb4 buttfucked by Sissy Roberts

i'm a long time old fag PC gamer btw
>>
Mods. /thread
>>
>>550462926
Spend a day learning? It's not really rocket science, it's easy.
>>
>>550463138
>>550462808
GeForce GTX TITAN, FX-8350
>>
>>550463490
I was just implicating that few games are console exclusives and even fewer of those are actually worth it. PC has exclusives too (RTS/RBS mostly). Many games run better on PC because you can mod the fuck out of them which adds more aspects, increases the looks and controls and overall adds more facettes to the games
>>
>>550463621
Oh sure, let me go get a list of all the good PC games that exist by wasnt on the xbox.

Make sure you pick out the good ones, faggot.
>>
>>550464056

>inb4 logan shills

KEK'd
>>
Mouse/keyboard has a higher "skill ceiling" then controllers. It's just a fact. More accurate, quicker response, better action buttons, etc.

If you remember back at the beginning of Xbox 360 Microsoft made a cross platform (pc vs Xbox) game called Shadowrun. Console players could play against pc players in open games, and the console gamers got blown out so hard that MS had to separate the userbases to try to save the game. As far as I know, they actually added the feature back to the game but no one plays it anymore..

It's just bad playing console games thinking you're amazing and then you go to pc and realize you're trash
>>
Console gamers aren't even real gamers.
They're (man)children playing with toys.
>a gaming console is a toy
>a comuter is a tool
>implying this isn't a fact

>>550461539
Your bait is weak.
>>
File: DSC1062-1.jpg (20KB, 136x165px) Image search: [Google]
DSC1062-1.jpg
20KB, 136x165px
>>550463756
> ugh a thread with people discussing shit mods halp plz!

kill yourself
>>
You know damn well consoles are mimicking the pc. Look at the steam box. I'm a PC and console gamer, there are some games that are better played on one platform over the other. My only question is where do you draw the line between console and PC as both technologies move forward in a similar advance? When both use motion detection to operate? When both ate running different components but the same architecture?
>>
>>550463138
i knew it was to good to be true. well i guess ill keep saving money for now :(
>>
>>550463621
The only game I really enjoy out of those (can't say anything about Watch Dogs as I haven't seen much yet) is Dark Souls1/2. Played it on console and PC and it isn't in any way better on console... On the contrary, with texture/ambient/fps mods it runs much smoother and better looking on PC
>>
>>550464452
Cold Ice for Half-Life best mod ever.

MODS MODS MODS
>>
>>550464452
btw I'm retarded
>>
>>550464596
Demon's Souls was the only game that made me think about purchasing a console, but I just got one from a friend for 2 months and pulled through
>>
>>550464417

There is no bait. There is only true gaming and those PCfags who are too weak to seek it.
>>
File: 1402272370563.jpg (32KB, 615x456px) Image search: [Google]
1402272370563.jpg
32KB, 615x456px
>>550460573
>>550456908
>>
>>550456908

>$750
Nigga I had to pay around 1200$ for all my shit.

Specs?
>>
>>550464315
See, I've only had 2 experiences playing the same game on console and PC, but both times I've done noticeably better on PC. With a bad PC, and not being comfortable with the controls. It was only about 4 hours of total exposure, but the PC gamers were just straight up worse. The competition just wasn't there. If you compare the best console players vs the best PC players, the PC players may be better, but seriously the average PC gamer in my (limited) experience was noticeably less skilled. It was like playing with children.
>>
>move to new area without internet
>PC gamer
>some games work others with securrom fuck that
>slowly lose interest in PC gaming due to lack of internet
>sell gaming desktop and buy new TV and ps3 and a cheapo laptop

Console isn't bad if you are in a situation like mine, PC got shitty without broadband, graphics drivers messed up one day and I couldn't really fix it.

And you can Redbox games for 1.50 a night considering most games are like 10 hours of story its not a bad deal
>>
>>550458560
Literally all of those are on consoles.
>>
>>550465308
see
>>550463138
>>
>>550465339
I should also note that I 100% agree that a PC is a better, more capable system. Graphics are better, wider variety of games, pirating, easily upgraded, etc etc. PC is a better gaming platform, but I find the average competition level is higher on consoles.
>>
>>550465938
what dose that mean
>>
>>550451506
used to pc game. so pro. friends have jobs a lives. play games once in a blue moon. gf likes some of console games. all my friends have consoles. i play what my friends and gf play. still miss pc. have laptop, not enough power for games. sok i still have my ps4. pc=elite. console still fun
>>
>>550465938

And I base that on absolutely nothing.

>piracy counting as a valid counterpoint
kek
>graphics over gameplay
NNNNNNOPE.
>better platform
matter of opinion.
>>
>>550465938
What are the competitive games for consoles, anyway? It's obvious that for shooters, the skill depth on consoles seems to be deeper as there's a fuckton of aiming assistance and such shit. I can't think of any other competitiv genres for console right now besides maybe beat em ups and racing games, which are both meh
>>
>>550465938
grafix? wtf are you talking about. tell me you didnt love the first zelda or bf1942 or worms or the first SC or the first mario cart. graphics mean nothing next to game play and fun. i love the looks of EVE online but it puts me to sleep. great game play can be had on all platforms. mario kart on the NDS with 8 people is fucking fun.
>>
>>550465339
Welcome to being human. You will find that that happens everywhere, not just PC gaming. The only reason you don't notice it on consoles is because the shitty controls make everyone suck ass.
>>
>>550451506

cause its better.
>>
>>550465520
A sensible argument
>>
>>550466603
Graphics don't guarantee that a game is good or bad, but if I can experience the same game with better graphics, smoother animations and better frame rates, it's a valid point
>>
File: heavymedic.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
heavymedic.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>pc
modding is good

>console
good for couch gaming with pals

>mfw playing Bionic Commando with friend
>>
>>550466156
While maybe not being a valid counterpoint, pirating is still something to consider since it will save you money over time. And yes, that was my opinion. Not sure why you feel the need to point that out.
>>550466534
Shooters are the only competitive games I play since racing and fighting games are ass these days. I played DoA4 for a long time but fell out of love with fighters.
>>550466603
Graphics on a PC are better. That is a fact. Graphics certainly aren't everything in a game, but if the gameplay is similar, why wouldn't you want the better looking one? Shit, seems like half my gaming is on an emulator. I can certainly agree with you that graphics alone do not make the game.
>>
>>550451506
I can't believe no one said it, mods
>>
>>550451506

The best games are First Person Shooters.

A console controller will never compare to a keyboard and mouse combo for these games. NEVER!!!
>>
>>550455494
In the PS3/Xbox360 era I read that companies hold games production on low graphic quality levels so they can run on the aging console hardware, and requirements on the PC ports are ridiculous because of the small teams that port the games and generally lazy optimization. A recent example is CoD: Ghosts.
>>
File: 1400496154778.jpg (506KB, 774x999px) Image search: [Google]
1400496154778.jpg
506KB, 774x999px
>>550453696
>2014
>Not playing any kind of video game even on occasion

Why? Are you old?
>>
>>550453696
This truer words have never been spoken.
>>
>>550467941

I can agree here. Recently bought a PS4 my first console ever, and it was bundled with Killzone:Shadow Fall. I have died over 50 times and I am only near the end of the 3rd level.

But for example Assassin Creed IV is great with the controller.
>>
>>550468302

Yeah, but you can use controllers on the PC too.
>>
>>550460196
yes
>>
>>550469054

Yeah. I actually can't justify buying a console for more than casual gaming. I personally have a 360 controller for the PC.
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.