[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just about to break with my girlfriend, chill me up /b/, please

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1370384403792.gif (1014KB, 220x153px) Image search: [Google]
1370384403792.gif
1014KB, 220x153px
Just about to break with my girlfriend, chill me up /b/, please
>>
Remember you're leaving for a reason. Let your resolution be iron clad. The first moment you second guess yourself you've already gone back on what you need to do.
>>
>>550195353
This nigga knows it. When the tears come and you just want to hold her and go back to how you once were remember that it isn't like that anymore. recently did the same. Feels much better to be single than in an unhealthy relationship even if you thought she was your world at the time. Plus realised that being single is awesome
>>
>>550195353
>>550195587
Never thought I will get such a great advice here on /b/, thank you guys, really appreciated.
>>
>>550195896

Anytime mate. Listen I'll be real for you. My fiance of three years cheated on me with a former friend about a month ago. Leaving her was the hardest thing I've ever done.

I am a two time cancer survivor. I have jumped out of air planes, I have walked all 2,200 miles of the Appalachian Trail, I have done work as an EMT and as a cop. Nothing compares with relationships.

Whatever reason you are leaving her you know it's what HAS to happen. You are doing the right thing and don't ever go back on it.
>>
>>550196176
You know, she´s been my first and only one. I still like her, but its just all the same... we´ve been together for two years and we act like a married couple after 20 years. Since I´m 18, I just feel like i should be doing other things than just talking about school and cooking together.
I´ve never had any real argument to break up with her and i?s that kind of decision you just shouldn´t be making just of boredom.
But today she just returned from some kind of sport tournament/party and I realised she´s in control of me. You know, that kind of "Come closer", "Aww, you went here next to me just to be on phone" and shit. And i really felt like im doing something bad...
>>
>>550195896
It's difficult to offer and to receive relationship advice as they are all so different and we don't know the details. But If you have already decided breaking up is what you want to do then trying to give it another shot will never work anyway. As much as possible try not to see her cos your gay feelings will try and tell you that if you love each other it should be enough to make it work. It isn't, and seeing the woman you once loved will make it hard for your sensible and rational thought to overpower those feelings (especially when she is using her female power of emotional blackmail i.e crying). You have to be strong. What's the reason for ending it anyway?
>>
>>550196942
Dude you're much to young to be tied down with shit like that. Sounds like you are doing the right thing. Got the rest of your life for crap like that
>>
>>550195193
Just broke up with my girlfriend of 2 and a half years this week. When she moved out I realized I don't have a single memory of my house that doesn't involve her (I bought it when we were already living together in my apartment). I know it's the right thing to do but the loneliness hurts bad. I know how you feel bro. The first day is the worst, everything you see will remind you of her. Just stay strong and you'll make it through it.
>>
>>550198560
Also: I knew it needed to be done but I put it off for far too long. I finally got the courage after getting drunk on absinthe (not that I recommend getting drunk before doing it if you don't need to). Absinthe gets you really drunk but doesn't cloud your mind, so you have control of your thoughts but without the inhibitors.
>>
>>550198560
>>550198729
If only I knew for sure I´ve done the right thing... then it would be much easier.
And nope, no absinth.
>>
>>550195193
dwell on every single thing she does that annoys you. constantly think about the worst bits of her personality. remind yourself hourly what a good decision you made. this will compensate for your brain's attempt to whitewash her memory after you dump her.

as for the dumping, stick to your guns, don't argue about it and steel yourself to her tears. one woman is worth five men in an emotional argument, so your resolve is your only weapon.
>>
>>550195193
oh, and bang a bunch of other girls right away. like, that day if possible. the less idle time your brain has the better, and every new girl adds both distance and perspective to your ex.
>>
>>550199169
Well, but you know, what if it isn´n that bad and I´m just in a bad mood? If I start thinking of the worst and ignore the majority of good things...
I thought Im decised, but it seems like I´m not. Have to brace myself a bit more before it.
>>
>>550199575
see? you're already doing it. a good rule of thumb is if you're even considering breaking up with someone, you should have already done it a while ago.

damn the torpedoes! full speed ahead!
>>
>>550200040
Jesus, she´s half asleep right next to me. I think I´m really going to do that.
>>
>>550200040
do it, man. and tell her i said she can go to hell
>>
>>550196942
Wait, what exactly is the problem? When she got home she wanted to be close to you and you think she's in control of you?
>>
>>550199059
That's the million dollar question. I know 100% that I did the right thing, but I still wonder if it was wrong. Just gotta keep yourself busy so you don't have time to think about it.

On a side note, Absinthe isn't a psychoactive substance like people think. It's just a 140 proof alcohol made with a root that makes the brain stay focused. Similar to having a drink with red bull in it. Makes for a really interesting experience.
>>
>>550201830
That's the definition of psychoactive...
>>
>>550195193
Buddy be strong. I broke up with my gf last week. It felt like shit and theres many reasons why I didnt want to, but the reasons why I didnt want to be with her was obvioulsy for a reason. Email me if you need a buddy Im here bro

[email protected]
>>
>>550202070
Sorry, I just woke up. *Hallucinogenic substance is what I meant to write
>>
Ok, thanks everyone once more, I will just ponder about it for the rest of the day and talk to a few of friends of mine.
Srry, but I just dont want to make life decisions based on /b/ advices. Thanks and take care guys
>>
>>550202348
Really? Normally I'd agree with you, but this is probably one of the most honest threads I've ever seen on 4chan. I feel like either you're a troll or you're a pussy and want an excuse to not do the right thing.
>>
>>550203087
The second one, I guess
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.