[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu still viable in a street fight/mma if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 13

File: kyra+gracie+pink+gi[1].jpg (23KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
kyra+gracie+pink+gi[1].jpg
23KB, 300x400px
Is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu still viable in a street fight/mma if you learn and train with a Gi?
>>
>>987510
why wouldn't it?
and why not train both gi and no gi?
>>
>>987526
It seems like there would be nothing to hold onto if you weren't in a gi match
>>
>>987510
Rolling on the ground is an inadvisable tactic for a street fight
>>
>>987531
why? assuming the person you're fighting doesn't have friends.
>>
>>987529
Aside from chokes which specifically use the gi there's no difference aside from meme shit like worm guard and lasso guard
>>
>>987510
BJJ is a bullshit pseudo martial "art"
>>
>>987548
Is this true?

>>987541
I'll give it a shot then thanks

>>987531
What if it can't be helped?
>>
If MUH STREETZ is a legitimate concern for you then you'd be better moving or not being a cunt.
>>
>>987591
I don't want to learn something for just show. I don't want to feel unsafe.
>>
>>987595
If you're feeling unsafe you're either neurotic or live in a shithole. The need for self-defense is based entirely on you and can be completely alleviated. If you're not a cunt you won't get into situations where it's necessary and if you don't live in a shithole you won't get into situations where it's necessary.

I'm not saying doimg aikido or wing chun is a sound investment. If your concern is safety there are far more efficient and effective ways to address it.

To answer your question yes, a bjj blue belt would be capable of defending himself in 90% of realistic situations. However, not needing to defend yourself full stop is far smarter. Bjj is fun and good exercise though.
>>
>>987510
It's less useful for MMA if you haven't trained no-gi.

If you're fighting someone wearing clothes like a sturdy shirt or, even better, a jacket, then go techniques can still work. I've seen someone use collar chokes on a guy wearing a Dickies t shirt.
>>
>>987573
No, >>987548 is not true. BJJ is literally judo with a different scoring system and tends to actually have higher rigor for rank advancement than judo.
>>
File: 1405905341520.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1405905341520.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>987541
>Aside from chokes which specifically use the gi there's no difference aside from meme shit like worm guard and lasso guard

Hahah, no. A lot of the game is different. Grip fighting is a lot different. The Gi can hold some people back in regards to being able to hold onto people in shitty ways (ie not having an underhook, but still having control).

Stand up grappling is very different.

Lots and lots of lapel shit. That shit is very amusing to me. I like to wrap people's arms up in their own lapel.

Lasso guard isn't a meme. I remember my coach showing it in a nogi class. "Yeah, 20 years ago we called this the bicep slicer position". Now they call it lasso guard.

Spider guard, lapel guard, cross grip, DLR guard (pretty gi dependant). All big parts of the BJJ games and certainly not memes.

There is a metric fuck ton of stuff that doesn't work without a gi.
>>
>>987736
Dunno hiw it works in burgerstan but tge most efficient way to get BB in ausfailia is winning tournaments.

Aside from which ibjjf (see: gracie barra) literally sells BB.
>>
>>987548
>consistently proven effective against any and all comers
>remains an integral part of training in mixed martial arts to this day
>a bullshit pseudo martial "art"

sure whatever you say bro, tell me more about how BJJ is bullshit and whatever you train in has all the answers.
>>
>>987529
there are no gi schools

though most people irl wear clothes lol

GSP's trainer said his ideal fighting style would be BJJ for 1v1 and Muay Thai for multiple attackers
>>
>>987510
most places teach jumping on a guy like a retarded koala or flopping on your ass and hugging a guys legs. things not good for the street at all
>>
>>987595

Forget what these morons are saying and do this:

Train in some form of wrestling + boxing

Wrestling options: BJJ, Judo, Collegiate, Greco

Boxing Options: Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing

Pick one from boxing and one from wrestling.

Stay way from: Karate, Taikwondo, Kung Fu, "Self Defense" schools, etc.

Also lift weights.

Contrary to what many TMA fags might tell you, weight class is a thing. Its why every combat sport has to divide its fighters, otherwise the little guys get slapped the shit out of them.
>>
>>987510
My suggestion: Go do Jiu-jitsu. Get at least a legit blue belt. Find that you don't care about street fighting when you can reliably tap 99% of the population. Finish out your life physically secure.
>>
>>987922
whats wrong with krotie. Gsp used it for his standing
>>
File: cross_of_asp_expanded.jpg (144KB, 1624x779px) Image search: [Google]
cross_of_asp_expanded.jpg
144KB, 1624x779px
>>987595

>I don't want to feel unsafe.

I know what you are talking about.

Judo did the Job me. Whenever I get into trouble nowadays I'm not afraid anymore. Not because I would always win, but I know I could hold my own pretty well.

That said, BJJ is definately a good choice, too. You don't that many takedown, but for "street fighting" you don't need to. Just one or two proper takedowns and a bunch of chokes/locks/controlling techniques will get you out of trouble in many situations.

If you add some striking style later on, you'll be a dangerous man you is unfuckable for 95% of all assholes out there.

Picture related, start with one style from the right side (grappling) and add a style from teh left side (striking) after a year and you'll be a tough guy in no time.
>>
>>987538
>assuming xy
It depends. What to do in self defense situations always depends on a lot of factors. Generally speaking you want to be able to run away fast in any given situation and being on the ground prevents that.

>>987595
When your goal is self defense you should also keep in mind skill curves and effort. You can throw decent punches to knock someone out after a month of boxing twice a week. After 8-10 sessions of BJJ you'll probably not be able to submit anyone or even know how to take a fight to the ground yet.
>>
>>987510
GJJ will get you killed, find something else.
>>
>>987851
why muay thai for multiple attackers? Muay Thai isn't real known for its speed and mobility.
>>
>>988148
what would you suggest?
>>
>>988161
>>988161
krav maga. jews use it in israel and one jewish woman can fend off a gang of muzzie rapists and could kill them off with her bare hands
>>
>>987595
Your question is like asking whether any art that trains in a go is viable, the answer being yes and it mostly depends on you
>>987922
>says to stay away from tmas
>lists Muay Thai an art descended from and heavily influenced by a TMA, Muay Boran, which Nak Muays have nothing but respect for and is held as a valid and effective style.
Forget what this moron is saying about TMA. TMA`s like full contact Karate are perfectly valid Just watch out for mcdojos of all kinds, both TMAs and MMAs have them. Find a good school of whichever you want to do and do it
>http://mcdojo-faq.tripod.com
And weight classes exist to make fair fights for contests, not that weight does play a role in fights but weight class is primarily used for that reason: to make fights as fair as possible. The role weight plays can also be nulled and a smaller opponent can have advantages. The main thought for weight classes is about how to make the fight fair, no one's thinking about street fighting. And it's not like open weight tournaments aren't around either. And what are you going to do if some guys bigger than you in an encounter in the street, claim the fights not fair? List the reasons why weight classes exist? If you want to get out safe you have no choice but to beat him and win and escape safely. In the street their will definitely be guys bigger than you and fighting at weight class won't always be an option.
>>
>>988148

Seconding This.

Muay Thai is great and in the ring a Nak Muay will probably kick a boxers ass.

But for pure self defense Boxing is better, because you learn to move the whole time, making yourself a difficult target. This is even more important when facing more than one guy.

Look at this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8_zWBQXZj4

The guy is constantly moving and changing angles, so the attckers can't surrond him. And whenever someone gets too close he either pushes him back or punches him out, establishing a "safety zone" arround him.
>>
>>987510
Just in the nearly imposible escenario of 1 vs 1
>>
>>988165
does she use a gi?
>>
>>988167
>> TMA`s like full contact Karate are perfectly valid

Nope. Karate doesn't spar to the head. What is the main way most people fight on the streets? Flurries of punches to the head.

If you can't practice punches to the head, you're essentially dancing.

>>And weight classes exist to make fair fights for contests

no shit. but there's a reason that no matter how much TKD you teach a 90b 12 year old boy, a 30 year old man that weighs 200 lbs will be able to demolish him 100% of the time

so get your head out of your ass, you've obviously not trained in other arts besides your faggot TMA. Almost every single person I know that has come into Thai boxing from TKD or Karate has discussed how they were bullshit compared to nay form of kickboxing because they don't get hit in the head

Self defense TMAs are a plague on the martial arts community. They'll die out soon enough.

Meanwhile, have fun doing your little katas
>>
>>988206

If one of the best trainers (Firas Zahabi, GSP's trainer) in the world says to train Muay Thai for self defense, then train Muay Thai for self defense

his opinion is probably more valid than half the morons in /asp/

>> why muay thai for multiple attackers? Muay Thai isn't real known for its speed and mobility.

Elbows, knees, trips. Makes use of a lot of techniques that are seen in the real world but are illegal in boxing.

But hey, I wouldn't fuck with a well trained boxer in the streets, so do whatever you want.
>>
>>988165

if you wana do krav get some sparring training in as well. Some gyms have MMA krav cross training

all that "self defense" training goes out the window when you're under pressure

so you have to simulate fighting real world pressure to the best of your ability without gouging your eyes out or making yourself infertile from repeated strikes to the groin

but if you learn how to place an oblique kick or a front side kick with absolute precision in a sparring setting (i.e. a trained fighter trying to take your head off) , are you really telling me you wouldn't have the control to move your leg two inches to the right and kick a would be attacker in the groin?

key is sparring. Don't rely on just krav
>>
>>987531
Wouldn't that be even more reason to train for ground situations? So you can escape them?
>>
File: bjj.webm (3MB, 354x360px) Image search: [Google]
bjj.webm
3MB, 354x360px
>>987510
>in a street fight
>>
File: you.gif (2MB, 232x116px) Image search: [Google]
you.gif
2MB, 232x116px
>>987510
>in a street fight
>lol
>>
>>988856
Gracie jiu jitsu at its finest.
>>
>>988859
>>988856
>street fight
This. Dude, if you're ever unfortunate enough to be in a real street fight, you need to knock motherfuckers out quick, because you never know how many you're fighting. And if you are too much of a manlet to generate a knockout, you need to run like the wind. Whatever you do, STAY ON YOUR FEET. In the street, the ground is death.
>>
I got into a fight 3 months after only training Gi. It's enough for self defense purposes but seriously you should do both. Blue belt here
>>
>>988165
>>988677
>falling for the krabby jew
>>
>>987922
>weight class is a thing
This. "Size makes no difference" is the biggest lie in martial arts, and is just something that manlets tell themselves to feel good about their MA. It's better to be realistic and know your limitations.
>>
>>987751
>Spider guard
This is why real martial artists don't roll around on the ground. Even judoka and jujitsuka, when they go to nawaza, set the throw up so they can finish it quick. Look at every Rhonda Rousey fight, except the last one, lol.
>>
>>988652
Just because he's a pro MMA trainer doesn't mean everything he says is spot on. I like muay thai better but think boxing would work much better for multiple opponents. They have the quickest and most powerful and accurate hands for dropping the aggressors quickly and really quick footwork compared to muay thai which would make for the best mobility.
>>
>>987510
People wear jackets, so yes.
>>
>>987736
>BJJ is literally judo

No, it's not.
>>
>>989003
>Implying they weren't doing spider guard in Judo before it became popular in BJJ

Fuck of pleb
>>
>>987974
this, a lot of ppl just go to blue and quit. At blue you should be able to defend yourself against any reasonable opponent.

(reasonable opponent being someone a little heavier and a little stronger than yourself - you probably won't do so well against a 300lb 6'4 football player as a blue belt)
>>
>>989524
what if its summer?
>>
>>990332
u should do gi and no gi ideally, you should get used to people grabbing what your wearing and pushing you around - as that's a common occurrence in a street fight

but whether you do gi or no gi and get a blue belt you should be fine no matter what against 1 untrained dude
>>
>>990392
What if he's got a bit of training, maybe he's a former highschool wrestler
>>
>>990420
idk it all depends on each person from there but of course you'll have a much harder time with someone with grappling training
>>
Listen, OP, I've """won""" 2 street fights via armbar. Silly thing pulling guard I guess, because lava and broken glass and head stomps, but either way. Both times I was lucky I guess.
>>
>>990598
I train primarily in the gi. Blue belt.
>>
>>987729
>If you're fighting someone wearing clothes like a sturdy shirt or, even better, a jacket, then go techniques can still work. I've seen someone use collar chokes on a guy wearing a Dickies t shirt.

Sorry, the flimsy cotton collar would rip
:^)
>>
>>987772
you mean kit dale
>>
as I was getting choked out tonight with my lapel I realized something very ironic
Gis are fucking terrible to fight in, seriously whoever decided on using them to fight in is a master troll because there are so many ways for people to kill you with a gi on that just aren't available without one. Like without a gi the entire martial art of judo basically disappears because you lose a lot of the grips
and why am I practicing gi jiujitsu? so I can participate in gi jiujitsu matches
and then when I have a no gi match 80% of my set ups disappear
>>
>>990332
You know, it still gets cold at night.

Also, I wear light jackets during summer.
>>
>>989136
I agree with this 100%, even though it pains me to say it because I'm a muay thai fanboi.
>>
>>990082
I hate that memmy.
>>
>>990627
>Like without a gi the entire martial art of judo basically disappears because you lose a lot of the grips

Modern grappling is all about the innovation. No gi? No problem. Think about your situation logically. Why do you think the people winning the high level MMA/grappling competitions are using modern hybrid jiu jitsu combinations such as greco roman, judo or sambo.

"For every technique in the gi, there is a no gi version."
- Barack Obama

>and why am I practicing gi jiujitsu? so I can participate in gi jiujitsu matches
I am a blue belt in the gi, and I've had 2 street fights obviously "no gi". Meaning we were both clothed but I didn't go for any grips or chokes via the clothing. I armbarred both guys, people were standing around but no one interfered, but as soon as I had the armbar cranked (both times) everyone ripped us apart before I ripped his arm in half.
>>
>>990627
Practicing with the gi keeps your technique a lot more polished. With the added grips and the friction provided by the gi it's a lot harder to force things and you have to be a lot more mindful of your position and your opponent's actions.
>>
>>988856
>>988859
where is the bjj
>>
>>990658
d00d snap those arms as fast as you can
>>
>>990614
No I mean ibjjf and gracie barra. It's part of their human trafficking scheme.
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122202
>>
>>990755
It doesn't have to be BJJ. Just ground game in general.
>>
>>990638
it is though

brought to Brazil by guys trained in judo

marketed as BJJ and evolved to have a ruleset that focused on ne waza

Brazilian jujitsu is actually Brazilian judo

in fact more Judo throws are legal in BJJ than in Olympic Judo

BJJ is Judo
>>
>>990822
>more Judo throws are legal in BJJ than in Olympic Judo
that's some serous ironing

I have come to believe through practicing with both classes that judo guys are way better than bjj guys at getting dominant positions because they are used to avoiding pins, the heu wrestlers are comfy going sloth mode and hanging out on the bottom

based on that I would personally want to learn self defense applications of ground fighting from judo guys
>>
>>990835
Sadly you're not going to learn it to any worthwhile degree at most judo joints.

Not a bjjfag either. I was lucky enough to have a crazy polish 6th dan who loved newaza as a coach but most judo places pay as much attention to newaza as bjj places do to tachiwaza
>>
>>990822
You are wrong. Gracies say Maeda was a jiujitsu guy that also trained in shoot wrestling styles and thats what he taught the gracies. Then Helio created leverage which allowed the smaller guy to be able to take on a big guy
>>
>>990879
>Helio created leverage
this was a sarcastic post making fun of gracie dickriders, right?
>>
>>988631
>Nope. Karate doesn't spar to the head. What is the main way most people fight on the streets? Flurries of punches to the head.
Yeah, Flurries of shitty ineffective puches to the head and if they do anything else that's shit too, because most dipshits in the streets can't fight.
>no shit. but there's a reason that no matter how much TKD you teach a 90b 12 year old boy, a 30 year old man that weighs 200 lbs will be able to demolish him 100% of the time
Yeah,that's fucking little kid vs. an adult, of course he's going to lose. This is about adults anyway
>so get your head out of your ass,
>If you can't practice punches to the head, you're essentially dancing.
>you've obviously not trained in other arts besides your faggot TMA.
>Self defense TMAs are a plague on the martial arts community
I'm not the one with my head up my ass that came in calling people morons, nutriding Muay Thai like it was God's gift to martial arts and self defense and showing the most retarded levels of ignorance by generalizing and calling shit every TMA under the sun.
>Almost every single person I know that has come into Thai boxing from TKD or Karate has discussed how they were bullshit compared to nay form of kickboxing because they don't get hit in the head
>what are elbows, knees and kicks to the head
Sounds like they come from what I warned OP to watch out for, shitty mcdojo's. The dojo's they came from were bullshit, not the martial arts themselves. And holy shit it's like there are more moves than just punches to hit and get hit in the head with. Good schools train punches to the head all the time and TMA's, Karate included has several hand strikes to the head. It's not like strikes in TMA's can't be trained to the head and just becauseyou might not see those strikes, like punches employed in competition doesn't mean they aren't trained in regular practice and sparring. And quit pretending tournaments and formats for head strikes and punches don't exist for TMA's either
>>
>>990879
You astounding retard, Mitsuyo Maeda was a Kodokan dan. The name Judo wasn't initially as widespread and the term Kano Ju-jutsu was used interchangeably, since it really was just the man's approach to the Jujutsu he had learned. That, in turn, deformed into Ju-Jitsu/Jiu-jitsu when romanized and spread in the west. BJJ is an offshoot of Judo.
>>
>>990890
>> Yeah, Flurries of shitty ineffective puches to the head and if they do anything else that's shit too, because most dipshits in the streets can't fight.

Karate fighters do not practice strikes to the head in sparring. This is why every karate fighter in MMA has had to crosstrain to be effective in the cage

>>Yeah,that's fucking little kid vs. an adult, of course he's going to lose.

because of weight class. the adult has stronger muscles. Its not because of some magical "adult force" that makes an adult stronger than a child: its the adult's weight

>>I'm not the one with my head up my ass that came in calling people morons, nutriding Muay Thai

I didn't nutride muay thai. Scroll up, I said kickboxing, muay thai, and (western) boxing would be fantastic options for OP to train. But karate is a joke, and that's a fact.

There's a reason karate has a reputation for being shit: because it is

>> punches employed in competition doesn't mean they aren't trained in regular practice and sparring

but they aren't for most gyms

if your gym/karate school practices head sparring then its the exception not the rule

meaning that as a whole thai boxing/western boxing/kickboxing > karate for self defence

period

sorry to tell you that the years you spent training in karate have been a waste of time

I sincerely urge you to spar with a proficient kickboxer to see how weak your hands really are ( assuming you've never trained in a non-TMA style)

TMAs are a joke, and I can't wait till we live in a world where breaking boards and kiai are seen as antiquated as horse drawn carriages
>>
>>990893
This.
>>
>>990893
>I cannot spot blatant satire
>>
>>990890

>> quit pretending tournaments and formats for head strikes and punches don't exist for TMA's

Lets look at the major ones shall we?

Karate: nope
TKD: nope
Kung Fu: full contact looks like kickboxing and nothing like the traditional art
Tai Chi: full contact looks like kickboxing and nothing like the traditional art
Akido: nope

don't give me this "some schools train head strikes" BS.

If 99% of the sparring in a striking martial art is not focused around fighting an attacker that is throwing punches at your head, then you know that MA is useless
>>
>>990917
I promise you if the average knockdown karate black belt got locked in a cage with the average street tough the knockdown karate man would win most every time. This gay obsession over "style x versus style y" is very much a sign of those who haven't made it. All of this rationalizing is the sign of a thinker and not a do'er. To talk shit about the Knockdown Karate man like he is nothing tells me you have not felt his punch or his kick or tried to give him same. Possibly never been in any sort of training gym for that matter. Easy to parrot the party line. Harder to live it.
>>
File: kudoimg.jpg (63KB, 460x346px) Image search: [Google]
kudoimg.jpg
63KB, 460x346px
>>990942
>Karate
Shinkyokushin
Kudo
Shotokan to name three
>TKD
ITF
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab3PWC4T7G0F
>Kung Fu:
Lei Tai
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpviclkMdfc
>Tai Chi
>full contact looks like kickboxing and nothing like the traditional art
What the fuck do you expect it to look like? For them to do all that arm waving shit you see in movies? It looks the way it does because of rules it's under. What arts don't look slightly similar or preform or are only allowed to do similar movements under similar rules
>looks like kickboxing
And...It's not.
>Aikido
>wants head punches
>lists grappling

>If 99% of the sparring in a striking martial art is not focused around fighting an attacker that is throwing punches at your head, then you know that MA is useless
This again like there's no such thing as kick, elbows or knees along with punching.
>then you know that MA is useless
This has been proven absolutely wrong. I guess arts like Judo, BJJ, Wrestling are useless then huh? And I didn't know you were the grand arbiter of what martial arts were "useful" or not. Your subjective opinion doesn't even come close to proving any of that. Not only do you have your head up your ass, Your simultaneously pulling complete bullshit out of it as well
>>
File: dss.jpg (50KB, 633x479px) Image search: [Google]
dss.jpg
50KB, 633x479px
cool > useful
>>
>>990942
>If 99% of the sparring in a striking martial art is not focused around fighting an attacker that is throwing punches at your head, then you know that MA is useless
but basically 100% of bjj is dealing with people that aren't striking you at all, period.

there are lots of time when there are guys who are way better at bjj than me are winning only by virtue of the fact I'm not allowed to punch them, because if I was allowed to punch them I would be raining hell all over their shit for leaving themselves wide open all day

>X guard
>posting on the hip
>implying I'm not going to just push your shit in with a thrust kick in real life
>>
>>991130
>thinking is bad, mkay
>no such thing as acknowledging the shortcomings of what you do, mkay

Pretty much any martial art you gain proficiency in will be good enough for something like 90% of any dumb punchout you find yourself in, but you sound like the type of retard who'll never actually stop to think about what he does and how he could improve on it.
>>
>>990879
shoot wrestling didn't exist until around the 70s

Maeda was a professional Catch Wrestler. That's how he made his money to live and travel. That's how he met the Gracies. The Gracies owned a circus. Catch Wrestlers perform at circuses.

>>991510
You think you could punch someone in there X-guard? Shows how much you know. They are beating you because you suck. If you are in X-guard you are 3/4 of the way through a sweep and need to be more concerned about your balance and escape position. If you were on "da streetz" in someone's x-guard, you would need to be concerned about landing on your skull on concrete.
>>
>>991595
>You think you could punch someone in there X-guard?
no, I'm saying I was sucking people into mine, but I wouldn't actually do that if I was allowed to just thrust kick instead
>>
Why do people praise Rickson Gracie? He fought trash cans.
>>
>>991758
why do people praise any gracies? one trick ponies that stopped being relevant as soon as they were required to fight without shirts on
>>
>>991216
>> I guess arts like Judo, BJJ, Wrestling are useless then huh

>> sparring in a striking martial art

read you illiterate fuck
>>
File: Jiujitsu-SelfDefense.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Jiujitsu-SelfDefense.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
File: 1450406735014.jpg (64KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1450406735014.jpg
64KB, 500x390px
>>988859
>If only I had done muy thai instead...
>>
>>991812
Nice cherry picking.
The chances of the BJJ guy succeeding were the same as Wing Chun succeeding in that situation.
>>
>>991812
I just don't see how that is bjj though, thats just instinct
wrestling to take someone back is as much bjj as throwing wild haymakers is boxing. animals will just automatically try to do that
>>
>>991779
>Alrlrifgt I didn't see it...And that does absolutely nothing to my point and definitely doesn't prove it false. TMA's are neither a waste of time or useless and your subjective opinion, is not only wrong, but has been proven so, and doesn't prove they are
>>
>>991783
I will, with your mom
>>
>>991906
,*Alright
>>
>>991917
That your mom's age? Damn she had you young then. How many dicks did she ride before you came out? I'll bet she rode the clock rollercoaster instead of the carousel. She even know who your dad is? What am I kidding, of course not and not only that she probably cucked your "real dad" too
>>
>>992383
Begging you to lose weight
>>
>>988856
Did he died?
>>
>>987529
It's exactly the opposite. I train mostly no-gi, but if I was training for streetfights, I'd train with the Gi.

Sure people aren't going to wear exactly a Gi, but they'll wear something like it. They usually wear, at the very least, pants, which gets involve in Gi guard passes.

If you are getting into streetfights where both you and your opponent aren't wearing shirt, you don't need Jiujitsu, you need to stop being a redneck or a nigger.
>>
>>992390
>begging you to lose weight
Im all muscle, I don't have to do shit
Knowing today's women, I'll bet your mom's the fatass
Your Mom probably begged you to quit being a faggot, but look how well that worked out
>>
>>992418
Drink bleach you oxygen thief
>>
File: th.jpg (12KB, 336x480px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
12KB, 336x480px
>>992418
>Im all muscle, I don't have to do shit
It must be tiring walking around or just standing up when you have no skeletal system to support you.
>>
File: sockworm.jpg (75KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
sockworm.jpg
75KB, 670x503px
>>992429
>Not being a purple sock
>2016
lel
>>
>>991758
didnt it take him 20 minutes to defeat a guy that was a pro wrestler in Japan?
>>
>>992953
The difference is most pro wrestlers in japan (particularly the older ones) are legit wrestlers but make more money through puro than fighting
>>
>>991573
M8, there's a difference between acknowledging shortcomings and
>lolol everything but muay thai is teh best, ur shit is gay
>>
>>992424
>Drink bleach
Nah, I'll pass. The ok only shit you probably like to drink is your boyfriends cum, who's probably also the "dad" your mom cucked
>>
>>991130
>All of this rationalizing is the sign of a thinker and not a do'er.
The post is a sign of someone who can't "do" thinking.
>>
>>988856
Damn... you know he ded

That was testosterone-fueled overkill
>>
>>988206

Eh, I learned about that tactic in a TKD McDojo of all places, I don't think it's special to boxing.

Shit, if you play Dark Souls long enough you'll learn that one.
>>
>>988206
>But for pure self defense Boxing is better, because you learn to move the whole time
You don't have to be a Boxer to move some more when you're up against multiple opponents.
>>
>>996192
>Shit, if you play Dark Souls long enough you'll learn that one.
This, desu.
>>
>>990917
>Karate fighters do not practice strikes to the head in sparring
>what are kicks, elbows and knees. And yes. like in kudo and shinkyokushin punches
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVr6tsSYnq8
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTnOBmybq38
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exYXeMkpoCM
>because of weight class. the adult has stronger muscles. Its not because of some magical "adult force" that makes an adult stronger than a child: its the adult's weight
That was the point and more too it is that it was irrelevant as not only are we talking about adults, it doesn't change the fact that their are no weight classes in the street
>I didn't nutride muay thai.
>Stay way from: Karate, Taikwondo, Kung Fu, "Self Defense" schools, etc.
>TMA fags
>you've obviously not trained in other arts besides your faggot TMA.
> Self defense TMAs are a plague on the martial arts community. They'll die out soon enough.
>Meanwhile, have fun doing your little katas
>But karate is a joke, and that's a fact.
You nutrided faggot, and pulled bullshit out of your ass about other arts
>and that's a fact.
No its, not. It's just your shitty and wrong opinion. And so is this
>There's a reason karate has a reputation for being shit: because it is
And this
>meaning that as a whole thai boxing/western boxing/kickboxing > karate for self defence

>period

>sorry to tell you that the years you spent training in karate have been a waste of time
And this
>TMAs are a joke
>I sincerely urge you to spar with a proficient kickboxer to see how weak your hands really are ( assuming you've never trained in a non-TMA style)
>to see how weak your hands really are
I sincerely urge you to quit pulling bullshit out of your ass and making bullshit assumptions that are not only not true but that you can't back up
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.