[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sg/ - Ski General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

File: Broom Closet.jpg (2MB, 1640x2460px) Image search: [Google]
Broom Closet.jpg
2MB, 1640x2460px
/sg/ - Ski General #8
GNAR edition
Last thread: >>921823

>I've never skied before, what do I need to know before I start?
pastebin.com/gpincHC3

>What skis should I get?
evo.com/how-to-choose-skis-size-chart-and-guide.aspx

>What boots should I get?
It is extremely important to get boots that fit you well and to have them heat moulded. Therefore, it is very important to go to a professional bootfitter (not just a ski shop, but specifically a bootfitter). For a list of reputable bootfitters, refer to epicski.com/wiki/boot-fitters-on-epicski
You can also consider getting custom footbeds for increased comfort and performance. If you are a beginner this is not that important (though getting boots from a bootfitter is), but if you are an advanced-expert skier it will make a big difference.

>Why is it so important to go to a bootfitter?/I went to a bootfitter and still have a problem, what's wrong?
epicski.com/a/boot-fitting-which-boot-will-work-for-me

>What bindings should I get?
The most important things to consider with bindings are DIN range and brake width. Your DIN should be around the middle of your binding's DIN range. For example, if you ski with a DIN of 7, a 4-12 binding would be good for you. A 1-7 or a 7-16 would be bad. If you don't know your DIN, look up a DIN chart.
The brake width should be approximately equal to the waist of the ski. It's better for the brake to be a little smaller than a little bigger (ski shop techs can bend the brakes when they mount the bindings), but if you go more than 7mm or so smaller the brakes might not fit well. Going up to about 10mm wider on the brakes is alright too as long as you don't carve really aggressively.

>Where should I ski?
Right now: onthesnow.com/skireport.html
In general: onthesnow.com/ski-resort.html

>I suck at skiing, how can I get better?
Stop being a faggot and huck something big. Or post video of you skiing ITT and we'll critique it.

>Is it true that only faggots snowboard?
Yes.
>>
Biathlon is best skiing sport.
>>
nice, another ski general.
>>
File: clav.jpg (51KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
clav.jpg
51KB, 640x960px
/sg/ is back, hooray!

Broke my collarbone learning rail slides last week. Shit sucks but at least I'll be back in time for spring skiing.
>>
>>986161
Fuck bro. How long are you out?
>>
File: Cochise-top-sheet-final2[1].jpg (638KB, 635x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Cochise-top-sheet-final2[1].jpg
638KB, 635x1020px
Thoughts on the Salomon Q-98 and Q105?
Also considering the Blizzard Bonafide, but it sounds like it's very stiff and not very playful. It's so sexy though
>>
Going freeskiing in austria, cannot fucking wait.
>>
>tfw no skiing friend to ski and chill
>>
File: bcc.webm (1023KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bcc.webm
1023KB, 1280x720px
One of my favorite chutes is finally skiable for the first time in two years!
>>
>>986161
fuck man, so how bad it hurt?
>>
>>991474
Where?
Im going to ski there too this week
>>
File: cropped1366x768[1].jpg (63KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
cropped1366x768[1].jpg
63KB, 1366x768px
As personal research and a discussion point:
Do you prefer stiff or soft skiis, and why?
>>
>>997340
Stiff on-piste. Aggressive, good for charging hard. No point to ski on-piste if you're not going to go at least 100km/h.
Moderate off-piste. Stiff enough to charge hard but soft enough to be playful and forgiving when hucking cliffs and such.
>>
>>997340
for groomers there's no real reason not to use stiff skis unless you are still learning

idk about backcountry shit
>>
>>996740
saalbach senpai.
What about you ?
>>
Who /snowbird/ here?
>>
Can I use backcountry skis and boots at the resort?
>>
Just booked snowbombing this year. Did I fuck up? I checked Mayrhofen and there is hardly any snow. Fuck knows what it will be like in April
>>
>>1010793
I'm in stubai.
Snow is pretty good but the ski area is at 3000m.
You may have problems in May
>>
whens your favorite time to ski guys? winter or spring?
>>
>>991201
A+ to blizzard for making the ugliest skis imaginable
>>
>>1019645
they're not bad desu. mind you, I actually tend to prefer the design of women's skis than mens

shrink it and pink it brotha
>>
>>1020997
Gaaaay
>>
>>1020997
>take nasty shades of a color
>add some weird finish and bull silhouette to it
>top it off with huge lettering in a boring and generic font
it's like they were strapped for cash and hired the cheapest graphic designers they could find
>>
File: blizzard07-700x1023[1].jpg (225KB, 700x1023px) Image search: [Google]
blizzard07-700x1023[1].jpg
225KB, 700x1023px
>>1021674
How 'bout the Spurs?
>>
File: File_004[1].jpg (712KB, 1020x815px) Image search: [Google]
File_004[1].jpg
712KB, 1020x815px
Interested to see how the Salomon QST line will turn out
>>
File: rossignol-soul7-2017-2-sur-9[1].jpg (415KB, 845x634px) Image search: [Google]
rossignol-soul7-2017-2-sur-9[1].jpg
415KB, 845x634px
Getting so many mixed reviews for the Soul 7 in regards to on-piste performance. Any idea if they handle speed well? I'm well aware they are designed for powder, but I'm still considering them for a one-ski quiver sorta thing.

They even managed to make it even uglier for 2017
>>
File: clone.jpg (404KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
clone.jpg
404KB, 1500x1500px
>>1021839
Disgusting. Seriously what were they thinking with that font?
Pic related, a well designed ski graphic
>>
>>1018439
February-April
>>
>>1010031
yes
>>
>>997775
>No point to ski on-piste if you're not going to go at least 100km/h.

Disregard this post.
>>
File: image.jpg (591KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
591KB, 1536x2048px
>>1021848
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.