[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP Dave Mirra :(

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 13

Suicide is no joke.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-dave-mirra-dies-20160204-story.html
>>
>>949403
hell be fine
>>
Who

Zozzle
>>
>>949403

Who cares? It's not like he was a scientist or political activist who changed the world.
>>
>had a wife, 2 kids, millions, in good shape, had tons of friends and fans

Fucking idiot, I don't give a fuck how depressed you are, what could be so bad?
>>
>>949447
>I'm a retarded faggot and I don't understand depression
>>
>>949452
My life is shittier than his was, I've been depressed plenty. He was a weak minded fuck
>>
an extreme sports legend passes and you all say who cares, but wwe is fucking everywhere on this retarded board. I don't want to live on this planet anymore
>>
>>949447
It was probably all the concussions. Brain damage does shit to your mind
>>
>no dave mirra freestyle BMX 3

fuck
>>
>>949452
>going the easy way out and destroying 3 lives in the process
yea, good job!!!
>>
>>949403
I wouldn't call it suicide just yet. Nothing is confirmed, someone could have framed him.
>>
Thread theme

https://youtu.be/GybhmEvcFX8
>>
I remember the games being pretty good. What a fag killing himself though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvnk2pJtSi8
>>
I'd be willing to bet he had some form of CTE like the NFL players. The guys hit this head a ton.
>>
>>949477
do you really think that all the fat fucks on this boards care for real sports? they just want to sit on their obese asses and watch their manchild shit.
>>
>>949403
Just heard about this...sad man he was an idol of mine as a kid
>>
>>949457
You're fuckiing idiot. You weren't depressed, you were just sad because you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>949457

Depression isn't just feeling bad. That's called feeling bad. Depression is when the part of your brain that handles not-feeling-bad breaks.
>>
JUST FUCK MY BRAIN UP WITH CTE MAN
>>
>>949457

There's tons of people without access to clean drinking water wondering why you are such a little bitch as well. Problems are relative.
>>
>>949565
true.. also it's hilariously ironic that the board abbreviation is /asp/ as in Asperger's
>>
mirra was my idol growing up. absolute best. i met him at greenvill park randomly one day right after his double flip. dude was so fucking cool. my feels are with you bros
>>
>>949477
He didn't pass.
He killed himself.
That's it.
I'm sorry I've legit been miserable the past 20 years happiness is next to impossible.
I'd think getting some recognition apron the world, having a hobby, being one of the best.
I have no one.
Just this pad.
All I am is sad
No love
No gf, did get laid but other than that girl who I fucked three times four years ago that's my interaction with girls.
I'm broke
I never achieved any of my dreams, I don't have an actual family,
And you want me to feel sorry for this asshole.
Go fuck yourself.
I don't even feel bad for robin Williams, robin Williams was my idol, I felt mad at him for what he did, because if a man who made so many people laugh would end up killing himself then when I eventually run out of TV shows towatch I'll know my suicide will be just.
No
Dave Mirra does not deserve my sympathy more rich famous people should follow his and Williams example.
>>
>>949709

>Just this pad.
All I am is sad

its like pottery
>>
>>949457

read your post out loud a couple times.

now, do you realize what a complete faggot you sound like?
>>
>>949709
dude you're like so deep, man
>>
>>949723
I'm not even that guy.
For all you know this nigga was gangraped.
He could have a microdick.
HOW DARE anyone on the Internet.
Say that they had a worse life than Dave fucking Mirra.
Do you realize how much of inconsiderate douchebag you are?
I mean granted I don't know Dave Mirra he doesn't know him, but it's possible that he has had it much worse than someone who has a family, friends, fame, a video game series, sponsors, kids, accolades, acclaim, being one of the best in the world, in fact I'd say it's more than possible it's say 95 percent of U.S. Have had it harder emotionally, physically, mentally and financially harder than he has.
General rule of thumb is that at least a third of the world views suicide for the weak.
Seriously don't be a twat, it sucks your icon gave up on living a life most would consider worth living, but don't chastise anyone on here that thinks their life is/was worse than Mirras.
>>
>>949457
depression can happen when you have 0 life problems at all, please stop talking now faggot
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>949457
>>
>>949436
>>949447
>>949457
>>949508
>>949709
So much edge. Maybe you'll understand things better when you grow up.
>>
>>949795

/mu/ shitposting is worse than this though.
>>
>>949501
>easy way out
NICE MEME
>>
Ride in Peace Legend.

Might have to dust off the PS2 for this one. Unreal
>>
>>949507
>suicide? nah
>I'm not a foolish guy
>>
>read that Dave Mirra died
>head on over to /asp/ for the first time to see whats up
>expect everyone to be giving condolences to one of the icons of alternative sports
>read this thread

Holy fuck you guys are edgy faggots. This is the last time I'm ever coming to this shithole board.
>>
>>949824
it's all sweaty mandrama.

good riddance.
>>
>>949709
Don't worry, high school doesn't last forever.
>>
>>949828

Before the sweaty mandrama, /asp/ used to be my most frequented board. Now, it's my least.

Ride in Peace Dave. Ride in Peace.
>>
File: davemirra.jpg (47KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
davemirra.jpg
47KB, 640x640px
I'm actually super sad.

I only skate because when i was a little kid i wanted to BMX so bad. But i could never actually lift the bike. I'm too weak. Me and my friends would go to the library and check out all the BMX magazines (this was pre internet) and just sit there and be stunned that they could get such heavy fucking bikes into the air like that

I used to play his game on DC literally all the time. It was enjoyable to just ride around in the game and play, its impressive that his game was one of the only "extreme sport" games to be genuinely good (next to THPS)

Even though i still probably couldn't do a single BMX trick i have alot of respect for them. They go faster & cant just kick the bike away like you can a board. Watching Dave Mirra was just like some next level shit. As a skater i loved the way he would hit every obstacle on the course and actually do lines, rather than the other dudes who seemed to pedal across the whole course to try one big trick on whatever they were good at.

RIP.
>>
>>949709
I was hoping this was going to spell something out
>>
>>949824
>mfw even /sp/ threads about this have less shitposting than the designated board for this guy
>>
File: 1439778272034.jpg (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1439778272034.jpg
80KB, 500x500px
RIP Dave I read this while I was on break at work and it made me very sad. I got the honor to meet him once at X Games and he was the coolest guy ever unlike that faggot Ryan Nyquest who didnt even bother to show up at the booth signing autographs. My prayer to his family friends and kids.
>>
F

I remember him doing rallycross for a while too.
>>
>>949709

Nice fucking blog, you insignificant cunt.
>>
>>949709
After my dad died when I was eight My mom dated some alcoholic biker asshole that moved us to the middle of no where in this shitty cabin that he would party with his biker buddies and didn't bother to fix it up for winter. I had to crawl under that shit to fill a kerosene heater(dangerous and stupid) so that my mom and little sister would be warm. He once elbowed my mom in the face so hard it broke her nose and blood was everywhere. I grabbed a steak knife and stood my 8 year old frame in between them and yelled to never hit her again. I dunno if it was respect or laziness, but he walked away and passed out. Life shits on us all faggot, but compassion is what makes us human. Quit wallowing in a pool of self pity and realize that everyone can have it hard from all walks of life.
>>
>>949896
Nice copypasta there my friend.
>>
>>949824
No matter who the person is who died, what you expect to happen is not something that will occur on 4chan. Pick your favorite forum of choice and an hero, newfag.
>>
>>949903
yeah no newfag
>>
>>949927
Fuck you man, I'm making it a copypasta now.
>>
>>949403
How long until he has CTE and then extreme sports athletes are treated as the new victim class in sports that are taken advantage of?
>>
>>949452
>if i die then my problems go away!

>never mind the problems that will be faced in the immediate and distance future of everyone I have a relationship with no matter my wife and children

ayyyyyyyy DUDE
>>
>>949709
why don't you do something productive?
>>
>>949403
>>949507
>>949555
Not from the soundtrack but it's fitting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j_TWw0jbOM
>>
>>950050
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1JMdzcm66Y
>>
File: 6342.jpg (16KB, 250x314px) Image search: [Google]
6342.jpg
16KB, 250x314px
>killing yourself for the media attention, and all of your families sads

Wow what a hero. what a legend
>>
Goodnight, sweet prince.
>>
>>949824
Good.

Fuck you.
>>
>early in the morning
>rising to the street
>lit me up that cigarette
>and I strap shoes on my feet
>>
File: trl.png (50KB, 217x150px) Image search: [Google]
trl.png
50KB, 217x150px
>this thread
>>
>>949861
>can't lift a tiny metal frame
>neither can any of his noodle arm friends
Holy fuck spend 3 months lifting in the gym, that's all you'd need
>>
>>949709
you sound like an angsty teenager.
>>
>>949866
>implying
>>>/sp/65362490
>>
>>949403
Here's why it's hard for me to feel bad for him. I don't have fame, fortune, kids, or a woman to call my wife. My support group is not as wide spread as his, and I don't have people to go to when life gets rough for me. I literally have my mom, and one friend I can talk to. This guy had so much support, and reasons to stay alive and try to keep it together, but he didn't. Then people will say, but he had depression. You don't know what depression is because you're a faggot. Or something unintelligent to that degree.

Guess what? I have depression too, and other health problems that I've kept hidden from my family for my entire adult life. I'm 30 now, so it's not like I don't know how the world truly works. I've got medical bills coming out the ass, but I still get up everyday and try to make things better. I injured my sciatic nerve wrestling in school, and now every day is a question of how to cope with the pain and not "if" the pain will be bad today.

You kids need to realize that you can't make excuses for athletes, celebrities, and all of these other public figures just because you like who they are. I liked Dave Mirra, but here's a fact that you have to accept. Life isn't fair, but it sure was a lot more fair for him than many people I know.
>>
>>949403
dude I just found out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc3ZrmhDN4
>>
>>950441
+2 RESPECT

hope everyone does a little healing today.
>>
File: CAM_838290_003.jpg (139KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
CAM_838290_003.jpg
139KB, 960x540px
>>950437
>>949709

These guys are right, but just a little bit.

We feel sorry for the loss of Dave Mirra as an idol, one of the best. Not because "muuh suicide"

He was awesome, and i'm sad bc we lost his legacy on the BMX, but suicide is a choice. You don't need to feel sorry for him or judge him. It's his choice, fuck this, maybe someday it will be you, maybe someday it will be me.

But many of you make your own life worse without reason. Let's take some examples.

Like the anon, i've injured my sciatic nerve beyond repair due to Bad Posture as an child and a edgy teenager. years of physiotherapy couldn't help me. And i've stayed in my home only going to work during 2 whole years.

After a time, i've gone back to skate and BMX. The pain is like going to hell everyday, but fuck it, i'm glad i can still go to the streets and shred the fuck out of them. I'm glad i can still walk. Even if everyday is a fight to work, do sports or even to use the bathroom. The pain will not go away, what can i do? Cry like the loser i am? No.

There's no need to feel sorry for the ones who cant walk, or judge the ones who have perfect health. I just fucking do my game, and it's not that hard.

The ones who think like "Fuck it all" will be called edgy teenagers, but it's the truth. Just move on. Keep running even if you don't have one leg. Keep dreaming even if you're an autistic brain-damaged retard.

"You don't need a reason to live, just fucking do it, there's nothing better to do". And stop crying because "omg my life is so bad". That's retarded, son.
>>
Never understood why rich successful people with wife and kids kill themselves. They've got it made what do they have to be sad about?
>>
dave mirra was the guy with that shitty video game right?

mat hoffman > dave mirra
>>
>>950467
just the first thing that popped to my head when I learned. You know about Sublime's singer right?

>everyone does a little healing today

it's weird, because I laid down to take a nap a few hours back and I got all those thoughts deluging me.
I 'd say, no, depression is not a "part of the machine breaking down". This is mechanising the human body and experience and should be viewed as hostile by anyone who attempts it, be they pharma-hustlers or just your weird aunt. It's hostile.
And I 'll remind everyone that Obama said that if space was last generation's goal, our generation's goal should be the brain. Just reminding. I don't know if he has scientific organisations, academia and think tanks behind it, like Kennedy had NASA, and I am aware at first this sounds very paranoid and conspiratory but he declared it publicly.
Maybe Mirra was a victim of the CIA, who knows???
>>
>>950584
oh and I forgot the most important thing:
"depression" is a made-up mambo jumbo word.
You grow up, you realise you don't live in a fairy land and your dreams as a child are on shaky grounds and ACTUALLY have a chance of not being accomplished, including anything about life you knew.
It's a sign of intelligence to have uncertainty about life. One has to go through it to mature spiritually.
Fuck big pharma, trust that there is good in life and realise there is bad too.
>>
>>949495
They're going to make it in honor of him. I hope.
>>
>>949447
he had a hard life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwvlbJ0h35A
>>
>Outlaw shitter
Did WWE turn him down or something?
Seems like he had a shit gimmick anyway
>>
>>949861
I've used to ride a bike like 3-4 times in my life during my 0-15 age.

That means i didn't even fucking knew how to stand in a bike by the age of 16 when i've started to bmx.

My friends were doing 180 on the fucking half pipes while making full lines, while i couldn't even lift my front wheel without falling.

My cousin and a fat kid (10) made fun of me because i couldn't even stand on the bike and looked like a idiot trying to.

Then i've started to spend every day in my bike, even for just riding. Guess what? My idiot friends stopped to bmx and started to just go to trails (With fucking BMX street bikes. Old ones.).

4 months later, i was doing the 180, could bunnyhop a fucking concrete box, double peg grind, fakie, and was trying to learn the 360. Not much, but considering i didn't even knew how to stand in the bike before, that's something for me.

The fat kid broke his bike and said "nah ill stop this shit" and my cousin stayed dreaming. I've tried to make him go back but he's too autistic and weak.

However i've helped a 9 year old friend. He wanted to learn the BMX so we kind of started together. At 10 he could already bunnyhop and do some other things.

It's not strenght. It's not all about strength, you need technique and training. Even if you're a skinnyfat 75kg weak shit like i was.

Today i do bmx and started to skate (i'm 22 now), me and the little one (he's 15 now) found some friends and try to spend many time we can on the park (besides my university and his school).

Today, there's alot of tutorials on youtube explaining every single detail, it's not hard anymore, it's not a secret you have to learn from people doing it in the street. All hail the great information.

If anyone else wondering if you're too weak/your bike is too heavy. JUST DO IT.
>>
>>951060
>JUST DO IT

>this post was brought to you by Nikeā„¢
>>
>>950977
>>>/wwe/
>>
Sorry, but what does this thread have to do with professional wrestling?
>>
File: shia-990x500.jpg (11KB, 990x500px) Image search: [Google]
shia-990x500.jpg
11KB, 990x500px
>>951234
>>
>>949709
It's alright, anon. Things will be okay.
>>
>>949403
Rip dave
>>
is this guy a cousin of roman reigns? who the hell is this guy and why should anybody care?
>>
>>951750
Some jobber I think.
Who cares.
>>
>>951750
>>951753
If it wasn't for John Carpenter, I 'd say Dave Mirra brought more joy to kids than rondy piper
>>
>>950437

I think you actually need to accept that depression is different for everybody. And whilst one may have accomplished a lot in their life, those achievements do not just fix what is wrong.
>>
File: PHOTO_18262466.jpg (184KB, 1600x1230px) Image search: [Google]
PHOTO_18262466.jpg
184KB, 1600x1230px
>That feel when Collin Mcrae died in a helicopter crash 11 years ago
>>
>>953502
McRae died 9 years ago m8

[spoiler]It was Richard Burns who died 11 years ago[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1430582546256.gif (236KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1430582546256.gif
236KB, 500x500px
>>950280

holy shit, the feels
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.