[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi I don't know much about wwe but why is the belt called

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1452113830720.jpg (96KB, 1007x835px) Image search: [Google]
1452113830720.jpg
96KB, 1007x835px
Hi I don't know much about wwe but why is the belt called world heavyweight belt when there are no weight classes and why is there a intercontinental belt and US belt
>>
>World champion
>99% of the time it's defended in the US against the same two or three other Americans
>American fake sports
>>
also I stopped watching around 2008/2009..

I got fed up with EVERY match being either interrupted, or disqualified or some bullshit.

Do they still do that?

Literally I remember exactly why I stopped.. EVERY fucking match would get interrupted by some jackass running into the ring from backstage like... "OH NO HERE COMES EDGE!!"
>>
>>912547
Well, only people who could be considered heavyweights held the belt until fairly recently.
>>
>not smothering your face in that ass

CMON
>>
>>912603
Bullshit
>>912553
Blame WCW, it used to be just WWF/E championship
>>
>>912558
I feel like you still watch the show tbqh
>>
>>912558
nah i would say it happens 20-30% of the time now but yea it used to happen a lot more.
>>
It's heavyweight because it's technically the unified belt of wcw and wwe belts, heavyweight because wcw use to have light/cruiser weights, belts remember are props to tell a story. Rey mysterious was once world heavyweight champion and guy was like 163 lbs
>>
>>912547
their use to be a minimum weight for the heavyweight title i believe it was 225-250 because they had a crusierweight title and the maximum was 225 lbs.
They got rid of the cursierweight belt and then the minimum rule went away or stopped enforcing it who knows when.
>>
>>912547
Who cares, it's fake.
>>
>>912706

Fun Fact: Vince insisted they not call Rey "World Heavyweight Champion" and instead call him "World's Champion." Because Vince hates money.
>>
>why is the belt called world heavyweight belt when there are no weight classes
The "Heavyweight" moniker is a bit misleading and goes back to the days when wrestling was widely viewed as a legit competition. At times there have been Junior Heavyweight or Cruiserweight championships alongside the heavyweight belt, but there's no rules restriction against a worker "moving up" a weight class. With that said, promotions usually present their heavyweights as unassailable by the juniors/cruisers. (New Japan explicitly works this way, with their junior heavyweights competing for their own titles until they're deemed worthy of moving up the roster.)

But of course, a worker's billed weight only needs to bear a passing relationship to their actual size.

>why is there a intercontinental belt
Essentially, the intercontinental belt is a means of promoting a worker on the middle of the roster. The title was born in the seventies, first as a North American title and then transformed into an Intercontinental belt by "unification" with a fictional South American Championship. There have been a number of solo titles of a similar character, such as Television Champion, Hardcore Champion, and European Champion.

>US belt
Similar story to the Intercontinental Championship, but it originated in the NWA, then was promoted in WCW. After WCW's collapse, WWF/E bought their assets (including the titles) and this is the only belt to survive as an independent title.

>>912615
>it used to be just WWF/E championship
It started off as the WWWF World Heavyweight Championship, though I suppose you could blame the NWA for that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.