[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

I told you fuckers that the fans would turn on Roman at the Rumble and you's kept saying that "they have a good crowd this time"
>>
>>909397
I feel bad for Roman
>>
>>909410
Why?
>>
>>909397
They will turn worse at Wrestlemania.
>>
>>909449
nah i will make sure my section is cheering and marking out for the roman empire.
>>
>>909397
Booed out the fucking building all night! Imagine if he had won HAHAH
>>
>>909397
I love how people compare him to cena, At least cena got cheered when he won his first world title by beating JBL
>>
>>909397
saw a reddit theory that he wasn't supposed to be eliminated that early but goofed up
>>
>>909427
He gets booed out of the fucking building and he's being propped out as face of the company.
Are you gonna start pelting him with shit too, inferior Rosemary?
>>
>>909410
Why?
He's a 2 time wwe champion, who basically only won it because he's related to the rock. Roman in terms of talent, is Titus, Braun Strowman tier. He hardly deserves the push he's getting.
>>
>>909449
They should do Dean Vs Triple H instead considering Dean would actually get cheered
>>
>>909769
>basically only won it because he's related to the rock
i love this meme
Why didn't Umaga or Rosey win the WWE Championship huh?
He's being pushed because he has the look and he draws well
>>
>>909769
This, He also has no characters unlike the other 2 members of the shield who broke off and developed as characters
>>
>>909769
>Titus
He's much more talented than Roman
>>
>>909791
Umaga was undefeated for like a year, before he was fed to Cena.
>>
When your guys high of Roman not being champ wears off and you realize Triple H is the champ youll realize how terrible this is
>>
>>909791
>draws well
That's not true considering house show attendees is down, ratings got worse when he was put in the spotlight and Kevin Owens sells more merch than him.
>>
>>909808
Yeah okay contrarian
>>
>>909791
>He has the look
He looks no different than every other wwe samoan.

>He draws

Does he? A bit early to say he's a draw.
>>
>>909824
what does it matter, he was doing his boring promos every week anyway. might as well piss off smarks while the product is in the trash
>>
>>909824
Triple H can at least can cut a good promo, Roman is boring.
>>
File: 1442612999209.gif (225KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1442612999209.gif
225KB, 300x200px
>tfw the Roman meme is dying
>>
>>909842
merch
the bitches falling overthemselves to touch or see him
yea hes drawing and the ratings improved with him as a champ.
>>
>>909705
>going to reddit
>>
>>909427
Hes good but the booking and overpushing of him is basically ruining his career
>>
>>910174
He was champion for 3 weeks. Yeah his numbers were better than fucking Sheamus, but they still haven't been good.

>He sells merch
Well no shit, little kids are flocking to him from Cena. Because he's basically being booked as samoan Cena.
>>
>>909769

can we stop with the concept of someone "deserving" to win? it's fucking scripted for christ's sake.
>>
File: 1442862966580.gif (561KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1442862966580.gif
561KB, 500x281px
>>910174
>merch
Cena, Ambrose, The New Day and KO all out sell him and The New Day are heels.
>>
>>910195
>guy goes through the indies
>learns his craft for a decade or more
>makes it to the wwe
>continues to work way up card
>eventually wins title

Opposed to
>gets into industry because of family
>push hard to the top without improving much
>champion in less than 3 years
>new face of the company simply because

I know it's scripted, but some guys do indeed deserve it more than others.
>>
>>909769
I'm probably the only one who actually liked Strowman tonight

also probably the only one who wouldn't mind Strowman vs Show or Kane
>>
>>909781
If crowd reaction is the criteria, they should do AJ vs. HHH.
>>
>>910274
no Strowman was pretty okay as a big man running wild, especially since he got to do it rather than have us suffer through Show and Kane for the umpteenth time. I realize the Wyatt Family is generally made up of big guys but Strowman's larger and got that doughy build that helps sell him as a shitwrecker. He's a good addition.
>>
>>910274
Strowman eliminated Kane and Show and I'm grateful for that.
>>
>>910220
>oooflglgglglgl he went through the indies and he worked his craft for 25 years
Don't care
>>
>>910220

most faces and guys that got massive pushes in the big leagues have been pretty faces that can't wrestle. this isn't new. for example, there was a shoot interview with lex luger where he said vince literally told him his job was just to be in the ring looking good. most jobbers interviewed say that they are flattered and happy with their place in the company, being the workhorses that put the big faces over - especially when the big faces with no skill request to be carried by them (rhodes bros). the indie darlings know their place. faces are selected based on who is projected to draw the most money. that means big built guys, usually with no technical wrestling ability and pretty faces. like roman. no one deserves or doesn't deserve anything - it just is what it is.
>>
>>910184
>Yeah his numbers were better

And that also coincides with the end of Monday Night Football
>>
>>909705
>reddit
>theory
>>
>>909397
Roman should have worked the entire match, they sabotaged him pulling out the match and avoiding all the heavy hitters

If he had put the time in and lost the crowd would have appreciated the effort like Jericho and Styles.
>>
>>911261

Or they'd have shit on him for going over wrestlers they like more.

I don't know what it'd actually take to redeem Reigns at this point, but jobbing once to a screwjob probably ain't it.
>>
>>910345
Before Reigns and Cena, who was the top baby face?
>>
>>911280

Depends who you ask. WWE booking got weird for a while there after they lost Austin but before they got Cena, where they weren't as invested in one top guy.

Prior to Cena, the last time they had their normal style of top babyface was Austin. Who knew how to work but was massively limited by his neck issues.

Prior to that it was Hogan, who could do more but generally refused to. In between those you also had attempts at putting Luger (who couldn't wrestle for shit and admits it), Warrior (who really couldn't wrestle for shit and would never admit it) and Nash (who could, but only if you put a gun to his head first) over as new top guys, none of which really worked out.

Even going back earlier, WWE basically pioneered putting the title on a jacked up asshole who had to be carried through everything when they gave Graham the belt, though he was a heel rather than a face.
>>
>>909397

They'll cheer him when he beats HHH at Wrestlemania, right?
>>
File: 343333.jpg (96KB, 800x577px) Image search: [Google]
343333.jpg
96KB, 800x577px
>Never would have imagined that Dean made it as far as he did

Dat AJ pop tho mane
>>
>>910284
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Ambrose got a massively bigger pop than Styles at the end.

How about Styles v Ambrose?
>>
>>909837
Not defending Roman, but how do you know KO sold more than him? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>910330
>shits on Roman
>shits on Indy wrestlers

Jewbacca don't like no one.
>>
>>911296
Did anyone else notice his music made the pop sound louder than it was? Go watch it three or four times.
>>
File: superstars.png (238KB, 1161x393px) Image search: [Google]
superstars.png
238KB, 1161x393px
>>911298
The WWE shop "FEATURED SUPERSTARS" is actual who's selling the most so they are being advertised.
>>
It's a shame, Cena , batista , punk, bryan, orton , rock , austin , hogan, savage..... have his bad thing and good thing but Roman is only a Luger in my eyes, the same shit who work to Cena/Hogan will not work with Reign/Luger...

>>911298
Maybe they are talking about the figure sales, KO, paige and the bellas have the best selling figures last year.Also the Roman figure is shit like him.
>>
File: 1416985675792.jpg (13KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1416985675792.jpg
13KB, 184x184px
>Grew up thinking Jericho was the hypest shit

>Looking at him now

Hold me
>>
>>911329
Dad Jericho is fucking depressing
>>
>>911329

This. Everytime he returns I find it harder and harder to put him as my GOAT.
>>
>>911320

I hate having to defend Luger, because he really was a terrible wrestler who had to be carried everywhere, but he actually got over the first time in WCW.

Everything after that was a clusterfuck, but them pulling the trigger back then at least would've gotten a decent pop.
>>
>>911336
he was good in his 97 run as well
>>
>>909791
> only getting pushed for nepotism
> NUH-UH! HE'S ALSO GETTING PUSHED 'CAUSE HE'S PRETTY

You showed him!
>>
>>911329
he needs to go heel again wit the suit.
>>
>>911391

I've mostly tried to block later WCW from my memory, so I'll take your word on that.
>>
>>909410
I don't. Fuck him, fuck WWE and fuck you.
>>
>>911329
Hes not there to look good man , he stated multiple time hes only there to put talent over as he has no interest in going for a title, thats why he doesnt hit the gym as much guy is pure GOAT
>>
>>909397
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Roman raised in Florida? How the fuck do you get boo'd in your home state?
>>
>>911280
>Before Reigns and Cena, who was the top baby face?

Rock was the closest thing.
>>
I'm amazed they haven't turned him heel yet, it's pretty much the only way to save him. Make him a monster heel rather than a chicken shit one.

Continuing to push him as face is just gonna hurt him, crowds won't accept him anymore. They will if he does a good job as a heel.
>>
>>911329
And yet in that shape, he still lasted nearly the whole match, contributing almost the entire time.

Still goes down as one of the greatest misuses of the WHC ever. Bob Backlund looks at Jericho and wonders how a champ could get so screwed over.
>>
File: salty vinny.jpg (58KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
salty vinny.jpg
58KB, 288x288px
>>911336
>Everything after that was a clusterfuck, but them pulling the trigger back then at least would've gotten a decent pop.

Remember when Crush had to pretend he couldn't bodyslam Yokozuna so Lex could do it and save America?
>>
>>911415
Because Roman isn't considered a wrestler. He has no wrestling history that would make his hometown mark out for him. He's a shitty football player that failed so he decided to follow in his cousins, brothers, fathers, mothers whatevers footsteps.

They see how WWE is obviously protecting him. The spot where the League kills him came off more like Roman was beat up a little bit, then refused to be stretchered out and just WALKED OUT ON THE RUMBLE ON HIS OWN. HE DITCHED THE FUCKING RUMBLE!

Seriously, I've fucking had it with Roman Reigns and his fucking marks.
>>
>>911410
>blocking when nWo was actually good from your memory
>>
>>909805

You're really gonna say Ambrose developed as a character?
>>
>>911300
I don't hate Roman or indie wrestlers, but it's gotten to the point where I have to shit on both.
>>
>>911428
>then refused to be stretchered out and just WALKED OUT ON THE RUMBLE ON HIS OWN

Yeah, you can tell what they were going for there but I just don't understand how they thought it would come off the way they wanted it to.
>>
>>911318
Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns are both in there
>>
>>911464

They wanted the '99 Rumble. Reigns isn't Austin and never will be which is why his feud with the authority/Vince will never work.
>>
>>911484
yeah and KO a midcarder is closer to Cena than Roman
>>
>>911496

Yeah but the whole "walking out under his own power" thing made him look like a bitch.
>>
>>911458
being crazy is a character, he wasn't really like that during the shield.
>>
>>911507
closer in what way? his picture on that page? that doesn't mean he sold more
>>
>>911496
I love Vince as a character but he can't be the Mr McMahon Steve fought. Steve fought a 50 year old, fantastic-looking man. Roman is fighting a 70 year old man who is looking very good for his age but only just. There's a big difference right there. I'm not gonna cheer for a guy that punches old people, I'm just not. A guy like that is a full-blown heel IMO, and not a tweener like Steve.

I hope Vince is done now. At least with Roman.

>>911510
Then returning later on like nothing had ever happened. Goddamn, the place I was at probably booed more than the crowd in Florida. It's absolute bullshit. Roman needs to stop taking naps.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.