[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kungfu general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Monl.jpg (22KB, 270x300px) Image search: [Google]
Monl.jpg
22KB, 270x300px
love kungfu, thanks to movies of course but solidified my love when seeing it in a fatasy setting.

Now I'm learning Kungfu, my uncle is teaching me, he taught me himaiya, which sounds japanese, cat stance and black panther, which I also didn't know existed, and taught me dragon form and two basic weapon forms, staff and sword. Sadly I'm slow learner because of my fear of fucking up my joints since I have arthritis and it is hard as fuck to move fluidly when your joints are stiff and in pain.

What did you guys learn? did
>>
>>899103
bump, I want to learn drunken boxing also. I get how the premise works, it's using your core body as the main weapon and loosening your arms and legs, right?
since the style is hard to read drunken boxing makes sense for a clumsy person to use, but would a clumsy person learn it easily? something tells me no
>>
>>899103
>>899112
Go do some Tai Chi. If ur joints are fucked then you have no chance of doing drunken style with all the awkward leaning movements which put a lot of stress on joints. If you want a fighting style which you can "use" try something that isn't kung fu since I never hear any teachers or places which actually teach fighting fundamentals like footwork, range and timing. Being clumsy is be clumsy and shit, you can't magically turn it into a strength by doing some trippy clumsy looking dance. Doing some funky dancing infront of your opponent to confuse them is useless when you can't even recognize they're close enough to take you down and chuck you on the ground. At least learn to fight properly before trying to use drunken style to fuck with ppl.

>he taught me himaiya, which sounds japanese, cat stance and black panther
I think you and your imaginary uncle are full of shit
>>
>>899103
>Now I'm learning Kungfu, he taught me himaiya
what the fuck is himaya you delusional fuck
>>
>>899103

Kung Fu is very unforgiving to the joints, do Tai Chi instead.
>>
>>899194
>I always have to rant on about how bad Kung Fu teaching is for fighting, and will always ignore how people do things for entertainment, exercise, discipline, and general self development.
>I'm also going to ignore that spiritual bullshit that people use as a reason to do things.
>>
>>899443
>wants to do martial arts
>picks ones that are shit at being martial
>desperately tries to justify them failing at what they're supposed to do

okay
>>
>>899625
>implying I do Kung Fu
I did American Kickboxing, and learned grappling from some friends that did wrestling because MMA interests me.
I don't know shit about Kung Fu, but from movies, it just looks like fun.
>>
>>899625
Thanks for shitposting, please come again.
>>
>>899636
Not shitposting if it's true anon, the lone CMA worth pursuing is Sanshou/Sanda. Sure, you can find some school for a traditional style that engages in Sanda practice as well, but why not go to the money from the getgo?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.