[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone give me an unbiased opinion about Kevin Owens? I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
Can someone give me an unbiased opinion about Kevin Owens? I'd like to hear the pros and cons about him
>>
>>896722
Good mic skills. Good athlete despise his looks, something that makes him interesting. Reliable worker but his offensive is sometimes an incoherent spotfest
>>
>>896722
Bad mic skills, fat as shit, cannot stop,eating sandwiches

Fat Owens fat
>>
>>896777
> WWE marks get literally this ass-blasted from the existence of Kev
>>
Constantly bullies Byron Saxon.

That's good enough to make Kev the WC (world champ, not a toilet) IMO.
>>
His mic skills are good, and he's a good athlete for his size. This part is important. What he does is unimpressive, but it becomes impressive because he's kinda fat. If he slimmed down a bit, he would be very middle-of-the-road.
>>
>>896823
He's actually decent in general. Cena and Ryback aren't fat in the least and neither can do a moonsault, much less jumping and turning from the middle rope. I get your point though and totally agree. Wouldn't be impressive if he looked like Ziggler.
>>
Good move set for his gimmick, decent on the mic, the crap he screams in the ring is good for TV but does next to nothing live outside full sail level arenas. My friend is a huge mark for him but I think he's 7/10 at best. The run owens run thing needs to die down, he needs to be one step ahead mentally and just dodge fights by being smarter. Needs to do more insult fans ringside on his entrance. Insulting the play by play is lame and more face than heel and he's kinda mediocre at that too. He gets a pass because there's nothing he's actually weak at, but there's nothing he's actually super strong at either.
>>
>>896722
every opinion is biased m8

that's why it's an opinion
>>
>>896842
>Cena can't do a moonsault

Actually, Cena can and did a few times, years ago of course before being the champ and turning into a pokemon
>>
Great character, good mic work, great ring skills.
As I recall, I thought he lost some of that belly fat before debuting in WWE, but I think he's gained it back. He's similar to the Big Show in that he doesn't have to be totally ripped and toned, but he could be intimidating as fuck if he somewhat kept himself in shape.
Tl;dr, Owens is fat. WWE should still push him though
>>
>>896722
Amazing wrestler and great talker. Definitely one of the best all-around packages in the WWE in-terms of talent.
Sounds biased as fuck but it's the truth; I can't rob the guy of his dues however predisposed it makes me sound.
His obvious drawback is his look which he works into his gimmick well, but he's still a fat manlet at the end of the day however he plays it in.
Also, he's a Heel that actively tries to get over with certain sects of the crowd. So if you don't like that shit it may offput you.
>>
Refuses to lose weight
>>
>>896722
>unbiased opinion
I'm not sure you know what an opinion is

I assume you're asking for an unbiased analysis
Hes ok
>>
Tbh I prefer Ambrose. KO has a good thing going though, great on the mic, easy heel. Nothing is really significant about him though. Wish they would take the KO gimmick further and make it so he declines to win any other way than destroying his opponents brain cells
>>
>>896722
He's a damn solid worker. However, he does need to drop like 20 lbs if not more.
>>
>>896909
Why are you telling such an obvious lie?
>>
All opinions are biased. Think for yourself you fat autistic fuck. Why i don't like him? Because he has no charisma and is a fat cunt. His fans look like him btw.
>>
>>896722

+Does a lot of little things right as a heel, which gives him more personality than most of the roster.
----ie While in NXT he was interrupted by Finn Balor while delivering a vicious beating to Alex Riley. While running outside the ring, he turned a corner that Riley was laying prone at and delivered a quick stomp on Riley as he fled Balor.
----During the same match the crowd began chanting "Rest, Owens, Rest!" while he had Riley in a chinlock and he immediately transitioned to get heat on the crowd.
----During NXT Tokyo, he received a bouquet of flowers as part of the NXT Championship match. Unceremoniously flung them out of the ring to anger the crowd.
+Has some pretty impressive moves in his repertoire and sells his opponents' offense pretty well.
+Tends to have very good ring presence that matches his character's persona.

-Is not in the greatest physical shape and is not the largest physical specimen. (I would argue this works for him though, as he plays the part of a schoolyard bully who wilts against legitimate competition well).
-To piggyback on that, his size and demeanor are hard to take seriously against the obviously much bigger and more imposing talent on the main roster (him vs Brock would look like a joke without some GREAT buildup)
-Antics can be annoying to some (constantly berating Cole and Saxton when it has nothing to do with the match)
>>
>>897039
> no charisma

What's it like being this wrong?
>>
He's the heel kung fu panda
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-14-11-06-42.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-14-11-06-42.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Mic skills - decent but inconsistent
Offence - generally above average
in ring persona - brilliant, that commentator bullying
Look - absolutely awful, looks like the fat kid in gym class and completely kills him for me

Pic related, I now understand what Vince sees.

Overall he's alright but overrated imo. My only claim to being unbiased is that I never watched him before he joined the WWE so this is all based on his NXT and WWE career.
>>
>>897386
>looks like the fat kid in gym class and completely kills him for me
I think this adds to his gimmick. Makes him seem like a nasty dude with a chip on his shoulder, probably never got the ladies or had many friends so he has something to prove and a malicious streak. And he has a broad enough frame to still look tough despite his gut (maybe not next to Orton, but next to normal people and the smaller wrestlers).
>>
>>897386
>inconsistent

Pretty much this. Sometimes he's really good and others he stutters and fucks up every sentence. Watch those interviews he did with Cole, they're just uncomfortable.

That said I still think he can be something special, he's a master of the little things and plays his gimmick well. Just wish he'd cut some of that gut.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 480x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 480x604px
>>
>>896782
im the type of guy who never watched NXT or any indie shit and im totaly a Kevin Owens guy. When he answerd the US open Challenge I was like "Eh? Dunno him." but his first WWE RAW Match at Elemination Chamber was impressive.
>>
there were many chubby/fat wrestlers in WWE so no reason to hate the guy for that.
What I hate is his finisher. Doesnt look natural.
>>
>>896722
Pros: Good moves, in the top 50% on the mic, sociopath style heel instead of shouty cocky heel, fat, plays his character to the hilt

Cons: His promos can seem distant and he stutters, not that tall, Pop-up Powerbomb is only an ok move, has been jobbing to Dean for over a month, fat
>>
I hate him

Hes a fat no muscle fuck, his fans are all neckbeards and he is so cringey on the mic. Im honestly embarrassed when he speaks
>>
Other than the fact that he looks like Groundskeeper Willy's bastard son, nothing really. He's much better than LOLREIGNSWINS.
>>
>>896722

Pros:

He's fat

Cons:

He's fat
>>
>>896726
>>897386
>>897784
These basically.
The best part about Owens is that he epitomizes that fat kid in school that was strong enough to push everyone around and by highschool had kicked enough kids around as a feared but respected fixture in the school. I simply wouldn't buy this guy as a face unless he continued to be an asshole on the mic.

My biggest beef with Owens that wasn't mentioned by those posts is his accent. He speaks English extremely well for a Quebecois, but you can't unhear the accent he has. I actually live in Quebec despite speaking english as a mother tongue so I might be a little biased having heard so many Quebecois speaking english over my lifetime.
>>
>>897979

Its not that noticeable unless you're used to spotting quebecois accents. I'd say 99% of the audience wouldn't pick it.
>>
He's good on the mat and good on the mic but he's too fat to be The Guy and not fat enough to be a freakshow heel
>>
>>897793
> worked
>>
He's the Ron Jeremy of the WWE. Literally the only reason people like him (or Brayy lmao) is because he makes overweight neckbeards feel like "I could do that!"
>>
>>898416
Ron Jeremy had a big dick that is a horrible analogy.
>>
>>898416
Projecting pretty hard there.
>>
>>898421
Ron Jeremy had a big dick and Kevin Owens is a pretty good wrestler, but his success hinges on making average schlubs like us feel better about ourselves.

>>898423
Denial personified.
>>
>>898416
I love this meme. By that logic every taller homely street shitting indian wants to be The Great Khali.
>>
>>898430
>but his success hinges on making average schlubs like us feel better about ourselves.

You just admitted to projecting you dunce
>>
>>898434
Well you know Vince wants to be a mastdon
>>
>>897043
>-Antics can be annoying to some (constantly berating Cole and Saxton when it has nothing to do with the match)
I hate this, although Cole and Saxton are terrible. He reminds me of fat autists at school being loud/spastic and thinking they're funny when everyone hates them. All it takes is some lame insults over Twitter and to commentators to make people go
>BASED OWENS!! XDDD

His yeast infection armpits need a wash, too.
>>
In terms of cross over appeal in looks, I'd say Steen is the next Hickenbottom
>>
>>897419
But none of that is part of the character. He's just a slobbish family guy. Typing that makes me realize he almost comes off as a "hardcore" Peter Griffin.
>>
>>898535
>Typing that makes me realize he almost comes off as a "hardcore" Peter Griffin.
I wish my mspaint skills were good enough to do this idea justice
>>
>>898535
> a malicious streak isn't part of his character

u fuckin' wot?
>>
>>896726
He is mic skills have been shit in the World Wrestling Entertainment. Someone show me a clip of him in the minors where he shows good mic skills and doesnt have to resort to swearing
>>
>>898579
if by malicious you mean walking/power walking away, then yes.
>>
>>898589
He hasn't done the walkout bit in months

Update your memes son
>>
>>898430
>but his success hinges on making average schlubs like us
>Denial personified.
lol you just admitted to projecting, you daffy cunt.
>>
>>898587
Who currently has better mic skills in WWMEME besides Heyman (because he's simply better than everyone)?
>>
>>898623
I'd say only Enzo and Brayyy (before Cena and Taker completely ruined him) come anywhere near Heyman.
>>
>>898644
Ambrose can be great when he isn't le wacky Looney Toon man
>>
>>898679
He's decent enough, although I cant stand when Ambrose is made to do the "Hey everyone im cuckoo, look at me do silly things" promos. Just let him talk like Brian Pillman did.

I always liked Bad News Barrett, his banter was quality and he turned a shit gimmick into something half decent. They should have kept him as the subtle face he was becoming.
>>
>>898721
Bad News Barrett turning face wasn't the plan, therefore it got killed

Cody is also quietly one of the better talkers on the roster when he's not being wacky spaceman
>>
>>898743

Cody is still one of the best talkers in the company even when he's playing wacky space man. It's such a waste.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.