[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you agree that this is accurate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1281x1203px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1281x1203px
Would you agree that this is accurate?
>>
Apples tastes like apples and oranges tastes like oranges

good thread op
>>
>too out of shape to execute properly
You mean
>too stupid to execute properly
>>
>has a 6-pack
I hear Knockdown Karate practitioners like to have a little chub to work as blunt force trauma armor, along with their Japanese iron body training.
>>
>>894085
Why would you know how a Martial artist tastes like???
>>
>>893896
>doesn't excercise
Don't you mean
>lifts because it's the autistic kind of sports and makes him look imposing
?
>>
>>894602
How many buff street fighters do you see? those guys that lift get big to look intimidating so no one wants to fuck with them and are just as bad as a child swinging his arms around.
>>
>>894608
Pretty much every meathead lifter then, I guess.
>>
>>893896
"Street fighters" are a joke.

They always the ones to call out contact-martial arts/combat sports not working in the streets just because it doesn't involve a gun/knife/third party niggas.

Though it's obvious an MMA fighter would lose against 1 trillion US Marines in a street fight, some still call it out like it's never been said 100 million times before. In order to sound knowledgeable and edgy with their un-trained ass.

>MUH EYE GOUGE
>MUH GROIN KICK
>>
>>894608
>Implying all lifters can't fight just because they are big

>Overeem
>Lesnar
>Wrestlers (real one)
>>
>>893896

I don't know man..

Many people (who have never been in streetfights) will disagree, but honestly "street fights" are pretty much about how well you time your suckerpunch and how ruthless you are. This and psychology (i.e. "who is afraid of whom").

The most dangerous guys I've met didn't look dangerous. They were often rather small and weak guys who carry a knife all the time and attack you from behind or smash an ashtray in your face when you dont look. There's not way to protect yourself form such stuff unless vigilance and not misjudging people.

Or let me put it like this: IF (and only if) the martial artist can turn an attack into a fight, he has plenty of advantages.

But weapons change a lot. And it changes a lot if friends are there - mind they often won't stand up and introduce themselfes. A former "friend" of mine (who is rather an asshole) had trouble with some other drunken guy in a bar. Now when they were facing each other off, another buddy of my "friend" behind the drunken guy stood up silenty, walked towards them, grabbed the drunken guys face from behind and put him to the ground where then they both kicked him. Even if you are Hulk Hogan you have no way to protect you from such stuff.

What does help you? Situational awareness. If someone is stopping you and you have a "no, no" feeling and a group of gagsters is watching both of you from a distance or if two guys approach your from two sides at the same time in a dark alley - expect an assault and run.

If you have trouble with someone and he can't look you in the eye, that's a bad sign. If someone has troubel with you and is suddenly putting his hands at his pockets in an incidental way - that's a bad sign. Keep you distance and prepare for a sudden rush (i.e. prepare to move to the side very fast, try to get something between you and the attacker, grab something..).
>>
>>894853

>Implying trained individuals don't carry weapons because they are trained.

>Implying trained individuals don't have 'ruthlessness' because they are trained.

>Attack =/= fight

>Generalizing

Though I agree with situational awareness, weapon's having the upper hand and Hulk Hogan not defending himself from a bunch of pussies, having trained in Contact-MA/MMA is better than nothing at all.

It's certainly better than being a "Street-Fighter".
>>
>>894853
Think of it this way.
Sure a Street fighter may argue that they don't need martial arts training because they have friends, weapons, fight dirty etc. However, these are all things that a Martial Artist may have as well. Just because they know how to fight, doesn't mean they are against using weapons or bringing a pal along to jump you. And it certainly doesn't mean that they will fight you with their sport rules in mind. They may kill you, but they will most definately try to fuck you up. That takedown thats illegal in Judo?
He's gonna use it.
That submission that's been banned because of high risk permanent injury?
He's gonna use it.
The part of the body that he has to avoid in order to not be disqualified?
He's gonna attack it in a street fight.
>>
>>895082
*may not kill you
>>
>>893896
most dojos are full of schoolyard rejects with anger management issues. they do martial arts to focus their energy, and grow up to hit their wives
>>
10-20 years of training equals what you would learn in 3 or 4 street fights
>>
Holy fuck you /asp/ies literally do have autism don't you?

Shit and you say wrestling fans are pathetic.
>>
>>894122

Yeah, this. A "martial artist" trains for performance. The guys in those pictures above are lifting and eating for aesthetics to some extent.

The shit about the "street fighter" is spot-on though.
>>
>>893896
not sure, for me personally it's very inaccurate.
>>
>>893896

The Martial Artist:

-Trains for fun, self development, and exercise

- Has some self discipline because of the discipline of training

- Isn't as likely to start fights because of the discipline

- Eats a lot of calories because of the physical demands of training

- Has good reflexes and reaction time from sparring

- Believes training martial arts sets you apart from the norm

The Street Fighter:

- Is highly motivated to be the best

- Trains like a dedicate Olympic athlete

- Has to fight to survive, gets crazy amounts of fighting experience

- Doesn't punch a bag with gloves on

- Has crazy good reaction time from all the fighting experience

- Can fight 10 men at a time, and win

- Fighting on the streets is the best, there are no rules, anything goes, you train everything, and you can do everything. It truly takes the most skill
>>
>>896083
You should make a pic like in OP.
>>
>>894580
Boxing tastes a lot like a chicken hotdog.
>>
>>893896
Except for that one time Billy Bob got a 4th dan from hanging out at the McDojo for a couple years of being beer drinking buddies with the owner and the time the "street" fighter was a builder/construction worker that laid brick for a living and has the body of a demi-god AND wrestled in high school AND occasionally gets some bag time in with the local boxing club.

No, it's not accurate. It's a fucking macro image that designed to be wildly inaccurate on purpose.
>>
>>893896
I actually know the guy in thefar left picture really cool guy.
>>
>>896148
Well its an MSpaint macro.
Of course its inaccurate.
>>
>>894907

Of course I was generalizing. We can only talk about experiences here. But my experience is, that strong guys (either trained martial artists or people that are tall and strong by nature) tend to be cool and calm and smaller, weaker, untrained guys tend to be trouble makers.

>>895082

That's why I wrote:
> IF (and only if) the martial artist can turn an attack into a fight, he has plenty of advantages.

Weaker guys know they are weaker, that's why they act more like assasins and less like warriors, if you know what I'm saying..

To be ruthless you need a ceratin amount of violence in your life, often people who experienced violence. People who are afraid. Most martial artists have conficdence in themselfes, because you get to know yourself and to know your limits and abilities. They have honour. When you fight someone with honour, it's not a problem to lose. Someone punches you, you go down, no biggie. But if you fight some asshole without honour they start attacking you when you go to the ground. And sadly that's how a lot of street fights go down.
>>
>>896120

Wrestling tastes a lot like cock.
>>
>>896809

Ameri-Do-Te tastes like mom's apple pie, if you sniff my drift.
>>
>>895082
>He's gonna use it.
>That submission that's been banned because of high risk permanent injury?
>He's gonna use it.
>The part of the body that he has to avoid in order to not be disqualified?
>He's gonna attack it in a street fight.

Not really, you fight how you train when under adrenaline and fight/flight stress. I've seen guys in real fights release chokeholds because the other guy tapped only to be sucker punched after letting go.

>>896083

Yes

>>895163

Maybe

Here's lenny a "street fighter"

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1j-c06NubY

>Being the best-known figure in unlicensed boxing produced for McLean not only fans, but also enemies, including some of his rivals' supporters, and some who had lost money betting on McLean's opponents. McLean also made enemies from years of ejecting people from pubs and clubs. He suffered two bullet wounds from separate attacks, and was attacked from behind and stabbed on two occasions.
>>
>>897235
And ive seen a guy get choked out by someone that trained in mma then had his face ground back and forth into the pavement. It all boils down to how much the martial artist wants to hurt the other guy, not if they train to kill. Usually martial artists follow some gay honour code, like not attacking a knocked out person or fighting them one on one.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.