[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Asp/ Movie Thread: Based Iko Uwais Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: The-Raid-poster.jpg (209KB, 866x1280px) Image search: [Google]
The-Raid-poster.jpg
209KB, 866x1280px
If it's not too /tg/, lets have an /asp/ movie thread. Not just martial arts but other alt sports welcome. Wrasslefags GTFIH too because I liked The Wrestler. Alright, keep it clean, touch gloves ,let's go. If you haven't seen the Raid or the Raid 2, get out from under your rock. Merantau's a film Uwais did prior, but pretty cool as well.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru-4GxTmhbY
>>
File: Raid-2-New-Poster.jpg (712KB, 1544x1169px) Image search: [Google]
Raid-2-New-Poster.jpg
712KB, 1544x1169px
>>892891
Bumping
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COD6GG7WE60
>>
File: Beyondthemat.jpg (42KB, 296x441px) Image search: [Google]
Beyondthemat.jpg
42KB, 296x441px
Great documentary.
>>
>>892891
I liked neverback down
>>
File: 211readytorumble_hires[1].jpg (144KB, 850x571px) Image search: [Google]
211readytorumble_hires[1].jpg
144KB, 850x571px
>>892891
>>
File: ip.jpg (99KB, 980x560px) Image search: [Google]
ip.jpg
99KB, 980x560px
>>
>>892891
I liked that old Van Damme film when he went to the martial arts tournament with loads of different styles competing, cant remember whether it was The Quest or Bloodsport
I always wondered whether that little african pygmy that rolled around everywhere was based on a real martial art or if it made up?
>>
>>893095
Yea it was bloodsport, watched the shit out of that movie as a kid.
>>
>>892891
Essential /asp/ie-core
>>
>>893095

Bloodsport and The Quest basically have the same plot and premise anyways.

>>893103
>>
>>893184
>>893095
fuck i gotta look up the quest then, sounds good.
>>
Karate Kid desu senpai
>>
File: ip-man-3-600x400.jpg (32KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
ip-man-3-600x400.jpg
32KB, 600x400px
>>892891
Yo OP here, just checked since this morning. Glad there are at least some responses. Keep em coming.
And as for this,
>>893050
There's going to be a third one
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo7z8c87Egg
Make of Mike Tyson what you will
>>
>>893463
>Make of Mike Tyson what you will

Retired all-time great heavyweight who's calmed the fuck down, taken a long, hard look at his life and just really seems to enjoy this sort of silly fun stuff, probably because he just didn't have a lot of fun in life. He made multiple appearances on the old WWF way back when and has videos of himself trying to play Mike Tyson's Punchout and losing to Glass Joe.

His acting will suck, early reviews from people who watched the UK release (came out the 15th there) say as much, but I just can't bring myself to hate him.
>>
>>893463
>for one last fight
It's always one last fight.
>>
These puny faggots

If you want a full on /asp/ movie, go with Rocky

No you dont watch it for the fight scenes
No you dont watch it for the acting

I dont care what MA you train nor if you train at all, everybody should fucking watch Rocky, its about you, me and every god damn bum around here, its about doing what you want because you just fucking love it, its about running that extra mile, throwing that extra punch, in its core its all about going the distance
>>
>>893095

Here's the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpTNH1hbbF0

It's based upon a real fighting style called "BJJ".
>>
>>894899
Thats it, cheers mate
Sad to see how cheesy it looks nowadays
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.