[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I LIE, I CHEAT, I STEAL!!! Why were Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_2016-01-21-02-35-29.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-21-02-35-29.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
I LIE, I CHEAT, I STEAL!!!

Why were Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero such GOAT wrestlers ??
>>
>>892649
Lowest draw as champ. Get these vanilla midgits out.
>>
They had passion for the business.
>>
They were not popular and they suck.
>>
>>892728
Underrated post. While now looking back we all say aww that sucks Eddie and Chris were so good. When we were watching them all we wanted to do was fucking gouge their eyes out. Do you wanna cheer for someone who lies, cheats, and steals? No body liked these guys. There were unpopular. In the end the answer is very obvious. It is drugs. Drugs mainly cocaine and steroids are what make amazing wrestlers. All the best wrestlers have been on this combo. We believe it is the secret to having good wrestling. Think of all the legends from the attitude era and before. Cocaine and roids.
>Nothing means nothing.
>0 yeah pure athlete yeah
>I hate you hogan I hate your guts
>>
>>892734
I loved Eddie growing up and I cried when he died. Maybe it's because I'm hispanic
>>
>>892754
Yeah so was he. Thats the problem. Racists
>>
>>892675
This I'd say, specially Eddie.

>>892734
I somewhat agree with you, but Eddie was real good with a mic and great on the ring usually, and his "I lie, I steal, I cheat" run had some of the funniest things around, if you are an ultra moralfag you won't like it sure, but i found it rather funny and a take of fresh air.

Benoit was brilliant on the ring, mediocre with a mic, but if we compare him with what we have now the guy is a wrestling god. Most of his matches against Angle, Jerico or Shawn were just amazing from beginning to end.
>>
>>892734
You're a fucking idiot and worse than a smark. A contrarion "anti-smark" who thinks he's in on the higher up opinions.

I agree that Benoit and Guererro drew fuck all but they were unanimously praised for their in ring ability and got astounding pops towards the end of their career, especially Eddie. Just watch the 2005 Royal Rumble to see how much people respected the guy even a year after he was champ. Benoit even got standing ovations for his matches with Angle.

You can say that they don't draw but to say that people hated them... Is just idiotic.
>>
There is only one GOAT and it's probably Shawn, maybe Flair, but honestly Shawn's matches had more variety.

Also a lot of Eddie and Benoit love is like anti-nostalgia. You look back at their matches later and they are better than you remember because you're over "that guys look so cool" and see good they are at actually wrestling.
>>
>>892877
Angle was better than Michaels.
>>
>>892811
>>892802
Still think it's coke and roids bruh. What did Eddie die of?
>>
"He experienced various substance abuse problems, including alcoholism and an addiction to painkillers; these real-life issues were sometimes incorporated into his story lines."
>>
>>892878
Shawn has way more range for a wrestler. Chain, brawl, high fly. Angle is in my top 5 and probably the most technical and gifted wrestler to lace up, but his matches are fairly predictable.

My goat rankings are: Shawn, Flair, Eddie, Angle, Undertaker
>>
>>892649
they werent. they were vanilla midgets and the world wrestling entertainment has gone downhill ever since those two became champs
>>
File: A+tributetoeddie.webm (1MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
A+tributetoeddie.webm
1MB, 800x450px
>>892649
Eddie was in love with the business and strove to get better, hence why at the end of his career he was basically the complete package, as a face or as a heel he made it work. He could have packed it in and just went through the motions like others, but instead he got better and became based as fuck.
>>
>>892896
Michaels is overrated as fuck.
His chain/technical wrestling was so far below Angle it's hilarious to even bring it up in the same sentence.
>>
>>892913
>>892886

This. Michaels is Reddit and Angle is 4chan.
>>
>>892927
>Angle: Cuck
>Michaels: Homo
It checks out
>>
File: tumblr_m6ervtG6k61qgxy6bo1_1280.jpg (1003KB, 870x1094px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6ervtG6k61qgxy6bo1_1280.jpg
1003KB, 870x1094px
>only technical wrestler
>>
>>892957
He even kinda has the hair
>>
>>892879
>What did Eddie die of?

"An autopsy revealed that Guerrero died as a result of acute heart failure due to underlying atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease."
>>
>>893137
Elisa Lam died of natural causes too.
>>
>>892649
roids
>>
>>892675
This, but also hitting the right gimmicks (Eddie more than Benoit). The last of the amigos was just as dedicated but that "Ice Man" thing crippled him.
>>
File: deanmalenko2.jpg (8KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
deanmalenko2.jpg
8KB, 267x200px
>>893416
double ho 7 dean malenko really put him a different light though.
idk i always liked the ice man gimmick, something about seeing a dude fight someone double his size and being able to kick his ass with submissions and mat wrestling was based and not show an ounce of fear was something.
>>
>>893468
I agree up to a point: Dean was a natural underdog because of his size, and a lot of fans projected that on to him. He was also an amazing technical wrestler and that got him over with some people, especially the more traditional NWA type fans. (I think he was the last guy that my grandfather marked out for.) But the Ice Man gimmick was more than just fearlessness - it was the idea that a wrestler could connect with the audience by not showing emotion.

Maybe it's just 20/20 hindsight, but I don't think that it was a good idea.
>>
>>892671
>Diesel
>>
>>893468
Malenko was so far ahead of his time that he was running MMA gimmicks in 1995

So based
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.