[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On, Please excuse me. Just the best fighting style coming through.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (78KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 1000x1000px
On, Please excuse me. Just the best fighting style coming through.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPNoGhdhKyw
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaowBGf-j50
>>
>>892048
At what degree does your sensei teach how to scam people out of money while touching their children?
>>
File: gamerscore.jpg (40KB, 512x813px) Image search: [Google]
gamerscore.jpg
40KB, 512x813px
Truly the best style money can buy.
>>
>>892073
C A M O B E L T S
>>
>>892024
It's not a very well rounded style but there are a few things about it that need to be completely integrated into modern MMA asap:

>closed/open stance
The orthodox/southpaw dichotomy is a meme and it needs to end. The only thing that matters is the relative position of you and your opponent, not which leg is in front. Closed vs. open determines which techniques are available from which sides. Weidman's wheel kick disaster could have been avoided if he knew that throwing a wheel kick open stance is suicidal and pretty much a non-option unless your opponent is throwing a rear leg round kick and you're countering it.

>spinning techniques
"Cut angles, don't stay in the pocket!" becomes riskier advice when someone can nail you with a backfist or back kick when you circle behind them. Circling while in kicking range is suicidal, and linear footwork needs to be emphasized more. Continuing on that theme:

>kicking range existing
When I went from TSD (close to TKD) to MMA, two things happened. One, I got punched in the face a lot, and two, everyone wondered how I was kicking them in the head. Conventional wisdom is that "striking range" exists, and anything you can't reach with a punch can't be reached with your legs either. Problem is, your legs are longer than your arms, so you have another foot or two of reach that a lot of folks don't know about. Hit with the foot, lean your head back, and extend your hips.

TKD guys gotta work on their punching though. Getting swarmed and beat up is no fun.
>>
>>892079
>TKD guys gotta work on their punching though.
They also need to work on their low kicks, but they're already good with mid and high kicks.

>Getting swarmed and beat up is no fun.
They've got "footwork" for that, as Boxing people tend to call it.
They just need to learn how to use the footwork in an environment where punches are more common.
>>
>>892079
>Conventional wisdom is that "striking range" exists, and anything you can't reach with a punch can't be reached with your legs either
Wow, I didn't think people were so ignorant and delusional about things like this.
>>
>>892098
I thought the same thing

I learned that kind of shit 9th Kyu
>>
File: 1448768094013.gif (1023KB, 160x211px) Image search: [Google]
1448768094013.gif
1023KB, 160x211px
>>892024
But this isn't....... Muay Thai.
>>
>>892092
>They also need to work on their low kicks
Foot sweeps and low side kicks, definitely. Low round kicks not so much. Getting checked on the shin is bad, but getting checked on the foot is the end of the fight. Low kick defense is important as hell, though. Getting your legs wrecked is not conducive to mobility, which TKD requires a lot of.

>They've got "footwork" for that
Absolutely correct. My problem was just that I wasn't used to reading head punches. My nose has a different shape and I'm probably a little stupider now, but I figured it out eventually.
>>
>>892106
>Foot sweeps and low side kicks, definitely. Low round kicks not so much.
What are your thoughts on low front kicks, and low heel kicks?
>>
>>892106
>but getting checked on the foot is the end of the fight.
I don't remember if I've ever gotten my foot checked, but it doesn't seem that bad.
>>
>>892107
>low front kicks
You mean the oblique kick? I've always hesitated to call it a front kick because of the angle of the foot and hip, but I guess it has similar mechanics.

It's fun as hell, and is probably my favorite kick now that I've accumulated a few leg injuries and don't like doing high kicks anymore. Very low risk and it scares people who aren't used to it. I use it to maintain distance, but I've had it tweak my knee before when someone did it to the outside of my leg. Very effective for both purposes.

>low heel kicks
The wheel kick to the leg is hilarious, and I like doing it as a comedy option. I know Andy Hug made it work, but it just looks so stupid. The valeri kick (I used to call it a chop kick since it looks like a chop, but with your leg) on the other hand is rad as hell in clinch range. Great on people with skinny legs. I've put someone on the ground with one of them at half power, completely on accident. Surprisingly effective.
>>
File: 6ia1s0_jpg.gif (2MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
6ia1s0_jpg.gif
2MB, 300x200px
>>892106
>>892107
>>
File: 0.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>892121
>You mean the oblique kick?
You mean the frontal chasse bas?
>>
>>892073
>>892077
Don't listen to this trash. ATA is bullshit.
>>
>>892122
Is leg kill?
>>
No, pro wrestling is.
>>
>>892073
Now post a version that's legible.
>>
>>892122
> TKO from a dead leg
Lol
Are all MMAutists such pussies or is it just kickboxers?
>>
>>892027
>>892028

Good job finding two "objective" fights (from Korea) wich TOTALLY prove that TKD is superior.

Just ignore the evidence of thousands of videos of TKD guys getting their shit pushed in by real fighters.

4/10 for making me raging.
>>
>>897922
>calling raw data evidence
>evidence that isn't interpreted
>evidence that isn't logically looked at (logic is the basis of the scientific method, the means to find truth)

You're just a primitive, raging animal.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.