[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the toughest special forces in US? In the world? I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Delta-Force.jpg (236KB, 1170x835px) Image search: [Google]
Delta-Force.jpg
236KB, 1170x835px
What are the toughest special forces in US? In the world? I know it's unrelated here and I've never been to /k/ and maybe it's stupid to ask it there.
>>
its a toss up between the special olympians or /b/
>>
>>891847
>What are the toughest special forces in US?
Classified.

>In the world?
I don't know.
>>
File: ImAR15andwhatisthis.png (3MB, 1671x900px) Image search: [Google]
ImAR15andwhatisthis.png
3MB, 1671x900px
/k/ here
There isn't one
There's so many different groups for very specific things.
If I wanted someone blackbagged in the middle of the night I wouldn't call the Green Berets yet they're who I'd want for training an insurgent force.
>>
>>891847
Drones
>>
>>891847
Me
>>
>>891847

First of all what this guy said: >>892492
Differnt tools for different tasks.

But generally I'd give it to the british SAS.
>>
>>892492
So what are the differences between Green Berets, Navy Seals and Delta Force?
>>
>>893226
Green Berets work on land, Navy Seals are best in water and Delta Force are excel in the mouths of large rivers
>>
>>893226
>Green Berets
A nickname for US Army Special Forces. Their primary goal is to train foreign troops for insurgencies. They're also good at covert direct action stuff, but are mostly used as support, or as advisors for counterterrorism and stuff like that. Basically, good in general at unconventional warfare.

>Navy Seals
Originally supposed to be a specialized combat part of the Navy. Their specialization is supposed to be semi-amphibious stuff, but that's not really feasible in deserts. At this point, they're mostly just used at a specialized direct action force, without the unconventional warfare specialization of SF. Should not be confused with SEAL Team Six (Devgru), which isn't actually part of the Navy (the name is a holdover and isn't used officially anymore), and is a specialized counterterrorism unit in JSOC.

>Delta Force
A specialized counterterrorism unit that's part of JSOC. Supposed to be specialized in airborne and ground operations. Modeled after the SAS. Basically, if you want to send a small team in to kill someone, arrest someone, or to make sure someone doesn't get killed, Delta is the unit. Although apparently now there's a lot of weird petty competition among officers in JSOC as to whether Delta or Devgru gets picked for stuff.
>>
>>893247
kek
>>
>>893254
Thanks. So what I get from this is that Delta Force and Navy Seals are pretty much the same even though Navy Seals are more frequently mentioned as the baddest.
>>
>>893415
Not really. Delta is an elite counterterrorism unit that does a lot of covert shit. DEVGRU is sort of similar, but SEALs aren't. They're basically a regular-tier spec ops unit that just does smaller-scale direct action stuff. Apparently, some of the spec ops communities regard them as cocky jackasses because they have an impressive reputation and vocal members, but can't really back it up by being the "best" at anything.
>>
>>891862
This.
>>
>>893254
So where do marines and rangers fit into the picture?
>>
>>893593
The Marines are a branch of the military. They're supposed to be an expeditionary force attached to the Navy. In practice, they do basically the same thing as the army, in addition to providing security for navy bases. They talk a lot about how they're elite, but that's mostly marketing and ego.

Rangers are a spec ops light infantry force. In practice that means they're more highly trained/skilled paratroopers. They operate in units that are usually larger than the other spec ops units, and often get attached to other forces. Basically, they're a spec ops unit that can provide a lot more force than others.
>>
>>892492

I think if I wanted somebody black bagged in the middle of the night I would probably call OGA....slightly related note I know the Green Berrets mostly exist to train up guerrilla forces/overthrow dictators(and when that fails leave the local population holding the bag) PJ's are all about going in and rescuing downed pilots Navy SEALS are all about getting rid of pirates fucking up specific individuals what exactly does MARSOC do?
>>
>>893254
What exactly does MARSOC do? or are they still too new to really have a niche?
>>
>>891847
SEALS
>>
>>893613
MARSOC doesn't have a nice, but it's not really because they're new. The marines have always had their own special operations (like the other branches) and MARSOC exists to manage those forces that the marines have, like an overarching control system over smaller units. Basically, it's like JSOC on a smaller scale. They tend to do similar things to other units, although they do consider certain things, like sniping and recon, spec ops that the other branches don't.

I'm not that knowledgeable about MARSOC, but apparently it exists because of politics. What I've heard is that when JSOC was forming, the marines refused to join because of their insistence on the image of every marine being elite, so they remained separate from SOCOM until post 9/11 restructuring, and the organization has had some problems. They're probably comparable to their rough equivalents in the army and navy.
>>
>>893419
>get used a lot to the point all their operations have Hollywood adaptations
>their training and selection process is balls to the walls hard even for the brightest and fastest of soldiers

Those units are just mad that they do similar jobs and don't get praised for it.
>>
>>893636

I once her a SEAL say that upon being asked why he had both his HALO wings, and Dive bubble what his job was by some (civilian who did not know what he was) that he told him he delivered mail to submarines
>>
>>893636
Not really. SEAL training is hard, but so is the training for every other spec ops unit. Most of the complaints I've seen stem from the criticism of SEALs who talk a lot about their experiences and try to seem like badass (which is sort of against the "quiet professionals" code, and is annoying to the other guys), and genuine criticism of their record. For example, the SEALS apparently had a somewhat lackluster success rate in Iraq and Afghanistan; one of those Hollywood adaptations is the story of how a whole SEAL team got wiped out, and a pretty big source of most of their recent praise (and the source of another adaptation) comes from SEAL Team Six, which isn't really a SEAL team.

I'm not saying they're not badasses, they are. But, it's easy to see why some people talk shit about them. Of course, that's to be expected when they've become kinds of pop culture icons, and the navy uses them heavily to recruit.
>>
>>893652

>If you have done it
>You don't talk about it
>If you talk about it
>You probably haven't done it
>>
>>893247
I laughed
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.