[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If a lower-midcarder unexpectedly won the Rumble, would it be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (576KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
576KB, 1920x1080px
If a lower-midcarder unexpectedly won the Rumble, would it be bad or good for WWE?
For example, Stardust enters at number twentysomething, eliminates Reigns for the win, then holds the title until Mania. What would that do to the ratings? Smarks ask for unpredictability all the time, right?
>>
>>883289
>posts on /wwe/
>not a smark

There would be a rating spike followed by a large slump as the lower mid-carder would have no experience at being the top guy.
>>
>>883289
It would be bad because Stardust hasn't had any momentum or been booked as anything more than a comedy jobber
>>
>>883292
He has the type of character that could easily be adjusted to a main event level, though.
>>
>>883296
lol
>>
Probably not Stardust, but it's the sort of thing they could do with a cowardly heel they wanted to push. Put the strap on him and have Reigns chase the title until a no-DQ match at WM.

They'd need to be very confident in whoever gets the nod, but with all those injuries it's not unthinkable that something radical gets tried.
>>
>>883308
Like who?
>>
>>883311
The Miz

>already main evented wrestlemania
>proven draw
>great talker
>amazing heel, he could probably get Roman cheered by even the smarkiest crowds
>>
>>883296
Cody, yes. Stardust, no.
>>
>>883314
Miz would be awesome, but I think with him doing movies, WWE don't want to push him too much in case he leaves to go to Hollywood like the Rock.
>>
>>883289

WWE still a thing? Last time I looked everyone was a cookie-cutter mid-card geek. No adult cares about that goof and geek circus anymore!
>>
is /asp/ for autism people?
>>
> smarks
> I post online about wrestling BUT I'M NOT A SMARK DAMMIT

>>883291
>as the lower mid-carder would have no experience at being the top guy.

How does one become an experienced top guy without being one already?
>>
>>883314
Only the first of these is correct.

> thinking that a Miz/Reigns feud wouldn't just get violently crapped over by smark crowds
>>
>>883360
This guy watched the past RAW and is lying about it for some reason
>>
>>883382
>Miz/Reigns feud

amazing... that concept actually makes me feel like John Cena doesn't suck
>>
>>883289
It would be fucking terrible.
>>
File: yes.jpg (82KB, 347x411px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
82KB, 347x411px
>>883289
>yfw Cody can't revert back to his normal self because Dusty liked Stardust more
>>
>>883289
stardust is pretty much reddit the gimmick
>>
File: The_Master_Of_The_Feed_Me_More.png (153KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
The_Master_Of_The_Feed_Me_More.png
153KB, 299x299px
>>883404
>Cody was red hot
>Didn't win MiTB off of Sandow
> didn't get the big tweener Mania feud against Goldust to use as a launching pad for a main event tun
>Takes a DOA gimmick and turns it into something amazing
>STILL doesn't get th big push, the opportunity is now gone

Has anyone been fucked over in this era more than Cody and Dolph?
>>
>>883441
He would've made a better MITB win than Sandow in retrospect but Sandow was cooler back then
>>
Santino should have fucking won in 2011.

I don't care if he was a comedy character. I don't care if he would have lost at WM. I don't even care if the night after winning, he would have somehow foolishly put his WM spot on the line in a match against Del Rio and lost it. He still should have won the actual damn Rumble. That fucking crowd was ready for that miracle moment. MY BODY WAS FUCKING READY FOR THAT BIG-ASS POP HE WOULD'VE GOTTEN.

They can have Miz win the WWE title but they can't let Santino win the damn Rumble?!
>>
>>883360
This isn't going to become a meme. Stop with the shit pasta.
>>
You kids actually pretend these are sporting events whose outcome isn't predetermined? I thought the whole point of it be WWE now and the end of kayfabe is that you idiots would stop pretending it was real and just appreciate it as a dance show.
>>
>>883466
Shit I remember that. I was hype as fuck thinking he could actually win.
>>
>>883473
There's no make-believe about the results here. We're speculating on what would make for good booking. If you want to chide idiots for buying into kayfabe after the industry has been exposed, go troll some fans of cricket or Italian football.
>>
Neville is prob the only one who can get away with that
>>
>>883442
Rhodes was waaaaay more over. There's a reason Sandow fucking buried his briefcase on RAW. Sandow was never over till Mizdow.
>>
File: NXT_Champion_Adrian_Neville.jpg (65KB, 569x1024px) Image search: [Google]
NXT_Champion_Adrian_Neville.jpg
65KB, 569x1024px
>>883769
I would mark so fucking hard.

And I don't think I'd be the only one either, remember the crowd going mental for his title match against Seth?
>>
"And oh yeah, the Rumble match is for your title!"

Thanks for giving us a spoiler on the winner weeks in advance McMahon.
>>
>>883895

Sandow was over as a heel right up until his burial by Cena. they completely destroyed his character and run just to have Cena squash him on raw for no reason. every other wrestler in the history of the briefcase has waited until the champ is injured and vulnerable to cash in. so they have the intellectual savior, who's whole gimmick at the time was that he was smarter than everyone else, casually walk down the ramp and challenge well rested super cena straight up? makes sense. thanks creative. how much do you want to be cena whined backstage to get it to go down like that?
>>
>>884055
Neville's run as NXT Champion was so fucking good
>>
>>883895
>Sandow was never over till Mizdow.

Are we already applying revisionist history to 2012-2013?
>>
>>884146

Smarts were hot on him but otherwise he was just like any other hf decent mid carder back then, yes Rhodes Scholars got him over but he was only feeding off of Rhodes. when they finally broke and had their feud Rhodes was definitely the over one in the feud and why they never had Rhodes convince him to put the briefcase on the line in their blow off ill never know.
>>
>>884171
Is it so hard to believe that Cody & Sandow got each other over? The whole being greater than the sum of their parts?

They never had a blow-off because Cody got "fired" and then came back to team with Goldust.
>>
File: SS13_Photo_092.jpg (44KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
SS13_Photo_092.jpg
44KB, 642x361px
>>884175
>never had a blow off

It happened at Summerslam ffs. It was the perfect place for Rhodes to get Mitb and push upwards.
>>
>>884175

Also it's not hard because I watched it all happen. Rhodes Scholar was over but once they split Rhodes was red hot and Sandow was, well, a mid card heel. He was the obvious Janetty.
>>
>>884177
At the time, people thought it was just Part 1 of their feud.
>>
>>884181

1) I'm talking about what /should/ have happened. That the feud cleanly ended there with Rhodes becoming Mitb

2) It essentially was the blow off since the feud didn't go anywhere from there and they went on to squander one of the few genuine naturally-occuring potential main eventers in years.
>>
>>884179
It's almost like WWE dumped a bunch of icewater on Sandow by not having him do fucking anything

> lost on Battleground pre-show
> won on HIAC pre-show
> didn't work Survivor Series

Can't imagine why he didn't maintain any heat.
>>
>>884193
He lost it the moment Rhodes Scholar broke up is the fucking point. The feud was always "Cody's feud" because Cody was the over one. More reason why he should have taken the briefcase.

Literally the only reason I can think of for them wasting the briefcase is because they were the unifying the titles and since that briefcase was for the WHC they felt it was cleaner to just remove it from the picture.
>>
>>883441
Sandow's up there considering the moment he was the most over with the Mizdow gimmick, got shafted the chance at winning the andre battle royal because "LOLBIGSHOW" then had the gimmick taken away from him to be put into some weird "I'm macho man now" was stuck into that weird metapowers gimmick with Axel...then the whole gawker controversy happened and now Sandow is literally nowhere to be seen, because apparently a macho man rehash gimmick can't exist with out a shitty hogan rehash gimmick either. like somehow Hulk Hogan buried someone who has literally never shared a ring moment with them, it's absolutely unreal
>>
>>884199
Honestly shit would have been more interesting if it had been kept as the one "wild card' it's not like it wouldn't have made narraitve sense for the mitb to still be applicable to the unified championships since at the time both physical belts were representing the championship at the time, just have Sandow float around menacingly with that briefcase like every heel does when they have the mitb briefcase, then Daniel bryan wins at mania 30, the next night on raw you activate a feud between the two of them where Sandow sqays he's cashing in at a ppv for those belts. Bam both smark guys get a main event match at a ppv either can win, everyones happy.
>>
>>883289
What if Jay Lethal won the rumble this year
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.