[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MMA General: Take the Board Back from the Man Children Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 17

File: images.jpg (6KB, 383x132px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 383x132px
>>
File: 1440383972265.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1440383972265.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>879233
Man-children or gay sex?

Tough choice.
>>
File: doge fight.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
doge fight.gif
1MB, 260x146px
>>
File: WASTED.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
WASTED.gif
1MB, 260x146px
>>879268
>>
>get run out of /sp/ specifically by crying man punk mma fans
>they explicitly demand that we be moved to /asp/
>we move to /asp/ and are happy with it
>now they're coming here with their cm punk memes and trying to claim our board

leave
>>
Who fights next, la'?
>>
>>879233
hey /heem/ get used to being here
love
/spee/
>>
who /phil/ here?
>>
>>879354
Word is they're scouting some 1-0 can to throw at him ffs.
>>
>>879372
I don't get it man. Without shitposting, tell me (a casual MMA fan) why people are getting so butthurt about putting a rookie up against a rookie? Is it just because they hate CM Punk so much that they'll bitch about anything because that is what it seems like.
>>
>>879414
Because he's only getting the shot for his prior celebrity.

The UFC is basically "big league" MMA. You get your fight after you have your successes in "minor league" MMA. Shit like Cage Fury Fighting Championships, Ring of Combat, etc. You win fights and successes there, and then you get a debut fight in the UFC. No one you see in the UFC is a rookie.
>>
So wait did /sp/ kick /heem/ out? If so HA! Serves you faggots well. You should leave people alone when they aren't doing anything wrong.
>>
>>879414
look up nick or nate diazs rant about it, he makes a shit ton of good points.
basically >>879487
you work yourself up you dont get shit handed to you.
>>
> MMAnlets will never recover from getting cucked by THE BEAST INCARNATE
>>
File: Photos 2 2053.jpg (78KB, 331x255px) Image search: [Google]
Photos 2 2053.jpg
78KB, 331x255px
>>879487
So please explain Brock Lesnar's debut. Or Kimbo Slice. Or James Toney.

Face it anon, as much as you may want to believe otherwise, Dana gives two fucks. He wants the cash just like Vince, and he'll throw whoever he can out there to grab it.

At least Lesnar panned out. Kimbo was a ratings grab for a short while before he left while Toney literally came in to fight in the semi-main against Couture (which no rookie would ever get). Punk coming in to fight is no different that the three I listed, so why was there no public outcry then?
>>
File: taker.jpg (431KB, 1286x1225px) Image search: [Google]
taker.jpg
431KB, 1286x1225px
>>879511

Brock had a fight in Japan before his debut, he crushed the can decisively. Plus the genetic freak hype and a weak heavyweight division.

Kimbo had several mma fights in Elite XC before his debut on TUF.

James Toney had a full career in a discipline used in MMA, he was a three weight champion

This is purely for money. I actually like CM Punk and am rooting for him, but it's bullshit his first fight ever is in the UFC.
>>
>>879511
Brock, as it has been mentioned at least had a single amateur win under his belt. He was also an NCAA champion, etc.

Kimbo, it should also be mentioned, was further back in the free-wheeling carney days, something fans had hoped was left behind. It's not that MMA fans don't know how absolutely awful this sport can be and has been, but we thought we had moved beyond this.

Toney was given the fight entirely to legitimize the sport. No one was under the illusions he would win. That was the point.

The fight was a cathartic excercise and the decisive final argument against nay-sayers who said MMA wasn't as technical or sophisticated as a sport as boxing. Toney was put up against a veteran who was there to show off exactly how carefully even an old and tired fighter can land an expert boxer on his ass, helpless.
>>
>>879233
We were suppose to watch WWE as children? Sorry I'm not gay.
>>
>>879511
Kimbo Slice was a pro street fighter. James Tony was a pro boxer. Any pro boxer could try MMA if they wanted cause it would show BJJ's superiority plus boxers make a shitload more and are more famous.
>>
So is the road to the UFC as follows?:
>Start training at a local MMA gym
>Train hard and beat the local amateurs acquiring a good amateur record
>Promote yourself and get into an MMA minor league
>Do Well in the minors and suck off Dana until he gives you a shot

Or does the UFC have their own amateur circuit?
>>
>>880772
No that's pretty much it. I'm fairly certain the only MMA promotion with an actual amateur circuit is Shooto, which promotes itself as a martial art/system as well as a company, has schools all over Japan and runs regional tournaments to both help amateurs polish themselves in actual competition and to scout potential pros. It's a pretty sweet setup.
>>
Katja Kankaanpaa retired. MMA is no longer worth caring about.
>>
File: 1440468263903.jpg (71KB, 545x545px) Image search: [Google]
1440468263903.jpg
71KB, 545x545px
>>879647
>pro street fighter
>>
File: rickson.jpg (72KB, 760x405px) Image search: [Google]
rickson.jpg
72KB, 760x405px
>>879268
lol my dog wont even get in my guard now. his fight iq has improved so much since i got him
>>
File: 1381792224137.jpg (7KB, 206x220px) Image search: [Google]
1381792224137.jpg
7KB, 206x220px
>Thread made 2 days ago
>24 replies
>>
>>879233
> take the board back edition
> made thursday
> 25 replies
>>
yeah

wrestling man drama is gay

but man drama is okay when the men actually fight each other
>>
File: lel.gif (891KB, 323x161px) Image search: [Google]
lel.gif
891KB, 323x161px
Only 27 replies in almost 2 days.....wooooow......
>>
>>883351
It was peaceful before u fegs came along.
>>
>take back the board
>his thread is a literal ghost town, except for a few brave souls who came to shit on him

go back to humping your training partner, er i mean working on your 'guard' mmautist
>>
File: riot police - irl.jpg (49KB, 521x331px) Image search: [Google]
riot police - irl.jpg
49KB, 521x331px
What do you guys think would happen if pure hand to hand combat MMA fighters were put in riot gear and given riot weapons for a caged fight?
>>
>>879354

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

This whining emo brat pretending like he's actually going to have a real fight is the most laughble thing in MMA history!
>>
>>879414

Because he's a whining hypocrite.

He cried on and on and on and on about part-timers getting big wrasslin' spots having not "earned them" yet he's happy to take a spot in UFC wthout working his way in through the bush leagues like every other fighter.

Whining hypocrite.
>>
>>883420
>typing like a 14 year old
>>
>3 days
>33 posts

lol nice "poomunity" you got here.
>>
>mmautists getting triggered by the fact that people care more about the GOAT than any of the literally whos that populate MMA
>>
>>883434

>Vegan whining emo brat detected
>>
>>883443
Hey! There's noting wrong with being vegan.
>>
>>879268
>>879276
>>882011
I don't have a dog, so I find it hard to imagine people rolling with their dog. What can the dog do? What can you do to the dog? If you get it in a submission how long do you hold it for?
>>
does anyone have a link for tonights fight? im not home this weekend :(
>>
>>883420
Yes, he will eventually have a real fight. What are you talking about. Dude is fighting at UFC 200
>>
>>884033
>What can the dog do?
Evade, initiate some sort of clinch and basic grappling, and most prominently, bite.
From my experience, anyway.

I'm sure there're other dogs more capable than the ones under my care.
I remember some Anon posting about how his dog rolled out of a submission or something like that.
>>
Man, if Punk really does draw money, I wonder what wacky circus attraction Dana White will start pushing next?
>>
>>879233
Stop feeding the trolls, post about MMA

I'm going to Vegas for UFC 197, I love both Holly and Meisha. Meisha's the severe underdog, I was gonna put some money on her.

Mcgregor's just awesome to watch. I love his long reach style, and I too am a lanky southpaw with a karate background, and currently fight at 155, so he's someone I'd love to see fight.

been to vegas bbefore, crazy place to people watch, very very bad to leave the tourist areas especially at night.
>>
Anywhere to watch the fight online right now?
>>
>>884336
maybbe you want to use google, search for the thing that you want to do, like

watch gay sex live you might e surprised what you find

also ablocker
>>
WHITES DIDN'T WIN

DILLASHAW LOST BY SPLIT DECISION
>>
Is Lyoto Machida just too old now?
>>
>>884890
Yes, and then there's the issue of the famous "Machida Riddle" having been solved and repeatedly. He has a fantastic and very distinctive game but people have poked holes in it multiple times and already know what to expect and have an idea of how to deal with it.

Look at Pettis last night. Alvarez might not have done it as well as Rafael dos Anjos but he applied the same basic idea for a gameplan against Pettis and came out on top, it's harsh when you have a gameplan with specific holes and suddenly everyone realizes what those are and how to exploit them.
>>
>>883420
>he never saw punk beating up mad fans 2002
>>
>>879600
It's been mentioned that Brock had a win against a tin can, someone who tapped out to punches IIRC. Sure he was an NCAA champion, but in his first fight in the UFC he got Frank Mir, and with a record of 1-1 he fought for the Heavyweight belt. Brock's a goddamn animal but you can't tell me 1-1 is deserving of a title shot.

Kimbo joined in late 2009, not "the free-wheeling carny days" of the early 90s. Hell, Dana had the season of Ultimate Fighter nothing but heavyweights just for Kimbo.

And I still don't give a shit about the why, the fact that James Toney came in to fight in the semi-main is still utter bullshit. Punk coming in is in the same position Toney is ("oh, a boxer/pro wrestler thinks this is easy? We'll show him"), save for the fact that he's not automatically fighting the best or even in the semi-main.
>>
>>879354

The one thing I agree with mmafags on is in hoping that CM Puke gets his ass kicked in his debut fight
>>
>>879497
The brown doofuses have never made a good point about anything.
>>
>>879268
>>879276
lmao
this is so fun
I do that with my dog all the time
>>
>>883413
More grappling than usual
>>
Bumping to kill WWE fags
>>
File: Riot_shield.jpg (6KB, 200x302px) Image search: [Google]
Riot_shield.jpg
6KB, 200x302px
>>885892
The riot shield is a good anti-grappling weapon, though.

Generally, the shield covers more than half of the body at any time.
Being transparent, you can always keep track of where your opponent is.

Not only can you get bashed with the broad of the shield, you can get hit with the sides and edges of the shield.

Accompanied by a baton, which are generally 18+ inches long, with the telescopic variant commonly being 21 inches, the shield can hold off someone trying to grapple while the baton beats down on the head, shoulders, and any limb that tries to sneak its way past the shield.
>>
>>883413
>>885892
>>892206
The headgear, shoulder pads, and forearm guards might be blunt force trauma resistant, but they're certainly not blunt force trauma proof.

I've been hit in the forearm with a baton through a forearm guard that had a BFT plate and BFT padding, but that shit still hurt.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 424x318px
>>879233
>>
So I've only been lifting, just hit 18, would it be too late for me to join an mma gym
>>
>>879233
> taking the board back edition
> made 7 days ago
> 60 posts
> including 3 from me laughing at you
Welp
>>
>>892270
No senpai. Just work hard lil nigga and have fun.
>>
>>879536
>this fucking clown
I'm glad Noelle is cucking him.
>>
Are UFC gyms a joke?
>>
>>879354

Worst cosplay ever. Seeing this pussy pretend to be a fighter is just too funny.
>>
>>893129
if you go in with realistic expectations, probably not.
>>
why is there a heem here
outlaw heems i'm laughing
>>
>>879233
Calling them men is giving them to much credit. They should literally kill themselves. I couldn't even watch that retarded shit when I was a little kid.
>>
>>892270
Im 34 and about to join one. Been studying BJJ a year.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.