[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parkour gym routine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (103KB, 897x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 897x500px
Hey guys I've started doing parkour and I realized when I'm going to wall climb I have good technique and easily get Into cat position I think it's called (hands on ledge, extended arms, feet on wall, knees bent) but I can't get myself up because of muscle strength. Can someone help me out with a routine for parkour, especially upper body? Preferably one that uses gym equipment, seeing as I got a membership to get some asthetics, but any help is great!

TL;DR: need a routine, preferably can be done in a gym, but doesn't matter, to train for starting parkour, and especially upper body to do wall climbs
>>
File: one-arm-dumbbell-row.gif (130KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
one-arm-dumbbell-row.gif
130KB, 300x200px
Do these until you can work your way up to pullups.

The climb-up also has technique to make it efficient.
youtube.com/watch?v=bsJRzoj7ke4&list=PLA425AE16B5C9B144&index=20
>>
This is the wrestling board kid
>>
>>878658
Yeah I try both techniques, but I'm lacking arm strength, I do both the push back with both feet and the push back with one foot and swing the other leg back for momentum but still can't do it, I'll try those though
>>
>>878648
As someone who lifts and came into parkour I can tell you that you'll get the most bang for your buck in heavy compounds.
Squats. These will obviously help your legs and since they're your larger muscle group used in parkour I can tell you it will make all motions smoother and easier. For instance your listed technique. Kick ups are another way to overcome an obstacle such as that and it starts in your legs.

Variations of weighted pullups/downs/rows. When people think core they think abs, start thinking about your entire core and the functions of the muscles. If you can do muscle ups you wouldn't be having an issue in this position. So start with inverted rows, work up to pull ups, do some heavy rows and deadlifts.

Bench. While your chest doesn't do a lot in parkour the other muscles worked help in a few positions. Like your triceps and shoulders in Kongs and vaults, your serratus anterior helps in pulling your arms around your body which is great for quadrupedal movement.

I would really say that 40 minutes of cardio after Rippetoe's Starting Strength will do you good.
>>
>>878648
Join the BWF general. We can help you over there. I myself did parkour before I did body weight strength training.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.