[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the consensus on Peek-a-boo boxing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Fighting-spirit-chr.jpg (16KB, 250x287px) Image search: [Google]
Fighting-spirit-chr.jpg
16KB, 250x287px
whats the consensus on Peek-a-boo boxing?
>>
Just kick them in the leg.
>>
not worth it unless you're trained by d'amato
>>
>>878303
>peekaboo

good for beginners, bad for everyone else.
>>
>>878303
>There will never be another season

just fuck my shit up senpai
>>
>>878333
read the manga
>>
>>878312
The guy kicking is actually andy hug
>>
>>878316
This. It taught me to keep me guard up but made me telegraph everything else. Ippo makes it look pretty cool but there's a reason it's not generally used in pro boxing much any more.
>>
File: 1452229003187.gif (3MB, 330x190px) Image search: [Google]
1452229003187.gif
3MB, 330x190px
>>879084
That's not Lyoto Machida kicking Tito Ortiz's ass?
>>
>>879195
>It taught me to keep me guard up but made me telegraph everything else.
>It didn't actually teach me how to keep my guard up
>>
>>879195
Get the fuck out of here retard.
>>
>>879218
It definitely did. Before I started using it my hands would creep down until they were almost at chest level. Problem was my lead hand had to travel further and that made the rest of my punches have more delay. My coach made me stop using it and taught me other ways to keep my guard up.
>>
>>878333
>>879061
Don't, the mango gets amazingly shitty and is in this seemingly perpetual retardation spiral. The animu's covered just about all of the good stuff.
>>
>>878303
ehhh idk I feel like having a really closed guard like that doesn't work as well without the gloves, you aren't going to be able to deal with any uppercuts/ body shots as well + gloves are big and fat, fists are small.

just my 2 cents

>inb4 hurrdurr he won't just let you punch him

I know, I'm just saying from a defensive only standpoint the guard's not as good without gloves
>>
>>878313
/ fucking thread

Unless youre in the D'amato stable/catskills or to a lesser extent trained by Rooney or Atlas dont bother training Peek-a-boo, everybody would just train you their 'idea' of peek a boo instead of the real thing
>>
>>879195

>mfw Wu mastered peek-a-boo within some month, then decided it's not suited for him anymore, because he's a pro now
>mfw I have no face that would suit here
>>
>>880196
Never said I had mastered it. I said I used it to improve my guard, it made the rest of my game more telegraphed, and MY COACH told me to stop using it and taught me something more useful.

>mfw when your reading comprehension is worse than my kicking skills.
>>
File: 1436748380529.jpg (40KB, 616x474px) Image search: [Google]
1436748380529.jpg
40KB, 616x474px
>feel so damn cool when training hitman-style on the bag

>it's terrible during sparring

Orthodox for life, senpai-bam
>>
>>881086
His reply was clearly ironic.
And donĀ“t forget what you were replying to.
>>878316
>>
>>878316

Mike Tyson was a beginner?
>>
Well that's the stance I always have. I'll try to change this I guess.
>>
>>878303
well i mean if you want to get put to sleep go for it. Now I know your only way to defend and simply work around that. Fake to the head, eat the body, hooks, a nice upper cut etc
>>
>>881366
Mike Tyson was using >>878313
>>880064

not your traditional peek a boo anon
>>
D'Amato style is the traditional peek-a-boo.
>>
>>884681
yes it is but not the same 'peekaboo' trainers these day would teach people.

Tyson barely blocks, it was all about hte head movement and evne then he wouldnt have his hands the same way peekaboo trainers try to teach their students
>>
It's pretty exhausting and only works if you have elite reflexes

Here's Tyson's trainer trying to use it v Alexis Arguello and getting KTFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GunrWLf32M
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.