[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are given 1 billion dollars to start a pro wrestling promotion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

File: VinceMoney.jpg (50KB, 280x390px) Image search: [Google]
VinceMoney.jpg
50KB, 280x390px
You are given 1 billion dollars to start a pro wrestling promotion with the intent of becoming the #1 wrestling promotion on earth.
How would you dethrone WWE?
>>
You couldn't. Most of the worlds best wrestlers are under contract with them. They have the TV slot. If ratings aren't your measure of success, then other companies already are bigger.

The easiest way would be to buy as many WWE shares as possible, then hire a hitman to kill VKM, Steph and Rippleaitch. Give the book to Heyman. Job done.
>>
>>877551
>buy a TV slot with a bigger channel
>offer signings to WWE stars when their contracts are almost up
>sign top ROH draws
>???
>profit
>>
there are not much people to contact, but:
>Morrison
>RVD
>Mysterio
>Young Bucks
>Slater
>Carlito
>Emilianenko as Monster heel without a manager
>contract with Aerostar, but he needs to fit.
>Jeff hardy with a lot of cocaine(no fett hardy)
>Omega
>contract with TLC so i coud bring midgets to the main roster.
>Lufisto
>MASADA(CZW)
>the amazing red
>Jack evans
>NO FUCKING JAY LETHAL

thats it.
>>
>>877549
Start a promotion? nah i will became a partner of AAA and would push for a Netflix deal for Lucha Underground.
>>
>>877558

No Candice LeRae?
>>
File: 0000000000000s.jpg (33KB, 434x289px) Image search: [Google]
0000000000000s.jpg
33KB, 434x289px
>How would you dethrone WWE?
Go TV MA
>>
>>877549

I would make a television show. Not like Raw, but an actual television show following the wrestlers and their careers, and when they disagree or get to a boiling point, have a live PPV event.
>>
Give the women on Ultimate Surrender grappling lessons.
>>
>>877563
best option
then add in
carlito
tama tonga
the briscoes or just jay
ciampa
roppongi vice
redDragon
kendrick
alex shelly
moose
and whatever big name smark favorite is out there too
>>
>>877558
>>877569
Hello TNA
>>
>>877577
Or just made a talent interchange deal with RoH
>>
File: KRamhok.jpg (99KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
KRamhok.jpg
99KB, 960x960px
>>877577

Candice LeRae.

Here she is after taking a shoe studded with thumbtacks to the face.
>>
I tried to play some TEW but crashed.

Here is who I pick up.
>Jay Lethal
>ReDRagon
>Young Memes
>Johnny Gargano
>Champa
>Chuck Taylor
>Zach Sabre, Jr.
>Matt Sydal
>ACH
>Adam Cole
>Roderick Strong
>Morrison
>Briscoes
>Drew Galloway
>Bobby Roode
>Cedric Alexander
Try and do a NJPW talent exchange to get
>Cody Hall
>Tama Tonga
as long term members with the occasional Shibata,Tanahashi or Omega to spice things up.

The names I want to try and lure from WWE are:
Dolph Ziggler
Neville
Cesaro
There are a ton more I want but these are the guys that are probably unhappy enough that I could get them without breaking the bank.
On Commentary I want Matt Striker as the Voice of the promotion and for Color we have Colt Cabana.

The rest of the roster I will fill out with indie names and cross promotion things. The show will be angle heavy but will shoot in a the same building. Realism will be the focus so while guys like Chuck Taylor can do silly stuff the opponent won't sell it like its real offense.
>>
>Hire Paul Heyman to write and hire talent
>Hire Independent Wrestlers with monthly contracts
>keep the talent pool fresh
>hire JR and Punk to do commentary
>>
>>877602
yea that could be an option but if they have first dibs thats were things get murky.
>>
I would partner with a few wrestling schools and act as an unsinkable indie promotion until talent starts developing and proven wrestlers start showing their faces in my ring. After a few years of coasting off the massive cash allowance I would start streaming weekly shows in HD with ppv style event every 2 months. The end game is to get on to Netflix.
>>
>>877549
Get a contract with HBO and MTV.
two versions of the show the pg-14 version goes to MTV, the MA version goes to HBO

Have PPV's but have it so the matches from the ppv's are available on a liscenced youtube channel the week after the ppv stops broadcasting through tv.

Hire a booking staff and a writing staff, the writer staff should consist of former tv writers from comedy, action, and drama shows. have at the least 12 writers and twelve bookers, and 2 from each group are put into groups of four, assigned, they are all given a list of roster members not presently in feuds and left in a room for 3 hours and then checked in on at the end to see what they get.

there are only two divisions. each one split into two subdivisions. Womens, Men. There will be a Womens World Championship and a World Championship. each division also has tag team championship.

to add to the championships for the divisions I would include an Intergender tag team championship, and if the Womans Wolrd Championship hold her belt for 6 months she can opt vacate her championship for a shot at the World Heavyweight Champion (yeah, I'm going for that bit of progressiveness, shoot me)

Hire up popular indie folk, on skill and not looks alone. if possible a talent strike a deal for a talent exchange between places like NJPW and PWG and all of that There's far too many wrestlers out there to really pick but like everyone here I'd get the big names and all that, I'd attempt to not rely entirely on former wwe people like some places have done

Also, worth noting, if anyone utters the words "Russo" they get fired.
>>
>>877837
>Hire a booking staff and a writing staff, the writer staff should consist of former tv writers from comedy, action, and drama shows. have at the least 12 writers and twelve bookers, and 2 from each group are put into groups of four, assigned, they are all given a list of roster members not presently in feuds and left in a room for 3 hours and then checked in on at the end to see what they get.

Is this WWE? Less writters and bookers and you can easily get a consistent product.

>to add to the championships for the divisions I would include an Intergender tag team championship, and if the Womans Wolrd Championship hold her belt for 6 months she can opt vacate her championship for a shot at the World Heavyweight Champion (yeah, I'm going for that bit of progressiveness, shoot me)

Candice LaRae aproves this.

>Also, worth noting, if anyone utters the words "Russo" they get fired.
Kek'd
>>
>>877861
>Less writters and bookers and you can easily get a consistent product.
I could go smaller, but I'd just go with an even number of each so I can have a two writers and two bookers working together for a feud
>>
>>877558

>MASADA
>>
>pay for a TV deal with FX
>sign Scott Steiner as the kayfabe GM
>sign Jay Lethal and Adam Cole and make them the top 2 guys in the company
>try to steal Dean Ambrose
>try to steal Kenny Omega
>steal as much of TNA's roster as I can
>>
Brand recognition alone for WWE would always keep you below it in terms of ratings/mass appeal.

No company for a long ass time will dethrone WWE and they know it sadly.
>>
I'd buy the WWE from McMahon and make the geeks an hero by making all their favorites be extremely buried and ridiculed by Roman Reigns then fire them. Women Division would only consist of models. I would make Eva Marie Champion and Becky her rival. I would only hire 6ft+ models and basically people like we had back in the days. Wrestling would be secondary, story, promos, and badassery primary. WWE will be TV14. Them ratings will finally go up, people like edgy reality shit tv, i'll give them that.
>>
>>878012
WWE is becoming less relevant with every year.
If the smarks stop watching, the rest will tumble down.
>>
Poach underutilized talented guys from WWE to deals with decent merchandizing deals for them, so they have an incentive to care/get over. Hire people from inside the business, and talk to them about what average contracts are like, and get wrestling fans who can write to write. Give talent, who have shown they can handle a mic, room to improvise their promos, instead of giving them scripts they must stick to (give them broad outlines to work with, and let them add to their characters, like WWE use to let guys). Heyman as head booker. JR on commentary with Joey Styles, and tell them to actually call moves, instead of calling a belly-to-belly suplex a throw.
>>
Call Dbry and a bunch of jobbers
Easy job
>>
>>877551
>Most of the worlds best wrestlers are under contract with them.

Watch something besides /wwe/ please junior

18+
>>
>>877558
>Out of Prime RVD
>Shitty Super kicks Young bucks
>Jeff Hardy
>Spot monkey Jack Evans

I wouldn't watch with the direction you're going
>>
>>877557
It more complicated than "just have better resources and talent". Backstage politics can ruin everything
>>
>>878085
I can see why you'd be confused by Talent + Charisma if you're used to watching The Roman Reigns Show
>>
>>878094
I haven't watched WWE constantly in a while. I watched the last half of last week's Smackdown and before that the last thing I saw was Survivor Series.
I didn't much care for your roster, some of it at least, so what?
>>
>>878098
Not my roster m8

Just pointing out you're a nerd getting worked by the SUPERKICK PARTY and the Inventor of Lucha
>>
>>877549
I'd try to set up a deal with Lucha Underground, ROH and NJPW, maybe even GFW for the fuck of it.
Do a tournament to determine a true world champion and tag champions. The champs would defend their titles across of sub-promotions.
Always be sure to have a variety of matches booked and I don't mean gimmick matches. Have a ROH style match that's just flashy spots, less psychology. Then have matches that are the exact opposite. Just try to have at least one match for each type of wrestling fan.

It would take years to compete with WWE but it could shine light on talents from all over the world and would be a good experience for the wrestlers to adapt to different match pacings
>>
>>878100
So, I'm getting worked by the Young Bucks if I don't watch their matches?
Or is criticizing a worker the same as getting worked by them?
>>
>>878104
I'm 90% sure you don't watch anything besides /wwe/ and you admitted you haven't even done that for a while, pal
>>
>>878112
I've mainly been watching old NWA stuff, so yeah. I'll watch a few ROH episodes here and there just to see who's champ still and what not and some matches on YouTube. The last thing I remember from ROH was Stevie Richards facing Roderick Strong which I liked.
>>
>>878102
So basically...it's the NWA?

>Have a ROH style match that's just flashy spots, less psychology.

When was the last time you watched ROH?

2011?
>>
I dont get it
Everyone hate the usos but love Young bucks
Its the same shit
>>
>>878117
I just went to a live show like two months ago actually. My father used to work with Truth Martini so he, the promoter Truth worked for and I got in for free.
The main event was Briscoes vs War Machine.
>>
>>878124
Young Bucks are charismatic self-aware heels instead of being WWE dickhead "babyfaces"

Also, they're far better in-ring
>>
>>878124
I don't get the hate the Usos get. They've had the best match on a PPV multiple times, in my opinion. Though, I'm a mark for tag teams so
>>
>>878125
> spotfest
> Briscoes

There it is
>>
>>878128
Their matches can be derivative, but it's mostly 'cause they're booked as the tag team version of Cena or Reigns

I.E. insufferable, morally-dubious "babyfaces"
>>
>>878132
I always just assumed they were booked that way since they were the best tag team in WWE at the time until the the New Day came
>>
>>878127
They just look like old John Morrison Tag team
>>
>>878129
What?
>>
>>878144
they copied pretty much everyone they could rip off to get over.
>>
>>878141
I don't think Usos have ever been the best team in the division, considering they've had the competition of the Real Americans, RhodesDust, Wyatts, Kiddsaro, etc
>>
>>878151
I always thought the Wyatts were held back a bit by Rowen.
The Real Americans never stuck with me, I think they're both fantastic wrestlers, just didn't care for them as a tag.
I don't recall ever getting to see RhodesDust go their full potential in a match, but I don't doubt they could compete with the Usos for best tag team on the roster
And Kidd and Cesaro are great. But they were only around for a short tenure, which is a shame.

But I see your point, it's very arguable that there were better tag teams on the roster. The tag team booking is just so uninspired that the teams don't get a lot of time to show their worth.
>>
>>878144
>>878148
Everything in wrestling is taken from somebody else
>>
>>878155
theres taking and making it your own, then theres blatantly ripped off, the young bucks blatantly rip off anything they can from moves, sayings, gear and especially shirts.
>>
>>877837
I forgot to add. Get a nice fat Monday night time slot, preferable in that 8-11 area, wouldn't need to be 3 hours, two hours at most would do. Then go that extra step and make sure my show had a rerun night or an equal competitor show for each publically acessible wwe show, even as far as to have something on wednesday during NXT. Additionally make sure any ppv's or special events are on the same nights as wwe ppv's.

tl:dr MONDAY NIGHT WAR II
>>
>>878156
> he's getting worked

Suck it, nerd
>>
>>878158
>Making someone not want to watch your matches
>working them
>>
File: 1422946765887.gif (2MB, 362x200px) Image search: [Google]
1422946765887.gif
2MB, 362x200px
>>877549
>buy out john cena and roman reigns
>maybe Bayley or Nikki Bella
>bring on random wrestlers
>institute a birthday system
>have cena or roman come to YOUR birthday party for a thousand or so
>also have birthdays inside WWE arena for a thousand
>have a cena or roman pizza party with your friends and get a free signed cena shirt
>make a fuck ton of cena and roman shirts for only 11 dollars plus 6 dollar shipping
>also make high end figures for collectors and charge 40 bucks for them
>TVY rating
>call it KWF - Kids Wrestling Federation
>have surprise guests all the time like movie actors and tv show actors on kids shows
>have them get beat by Cena or Roman
>have the girls wear slutty outfits and tell them to just do whatever out in the ring but be sure to give parents what they paid for

I think it'd be a hit
>>
>>878162
SURE you don't
>>
>>878169
I'm a different guy than the one who was arguing with you before
>>
>>878117
A match with mostly flashy spots is literally every Bucks match Or when they do a multi tag team match. They had one at Final Battle.
>>
>>878168
>>maybe Bayley or Nikki Bella
im in
>>
>>878175
yea it was me and agree with this guy.
>>
>>878082
Not that it matters how good their wrestlers are.
For most of the generation WWE == Professional Wrestling, they don't even see that there are alternatives.
>>
>>877570
So Lucha Underground
>>
>>878168
lol.jpeg
>>
>>878094
Haven't watched WWE in years; love LU, ROH and NJPW. Fuck the Young Bucks. Jeff Hardy is a joke. RVD would only be good for getting people over.
>>
>>878187
Are they any multi-team tag matches that AREN'T spotfests?
>>
File: laughing citizen cain.jpg (20KB, 189x242px) Image search: [Google]
laughing citizen cain.jpg
20KB, 189x242px
>>877549
>open a paper LLC and call it "chirp chirp wrestling"
>name my pet parakeet as the CEO
>my bird inevitably fails to draw anybody
>declare bankruptcy
>"liquidate" everything
>mfw the bird takes the blame and i enjoy nearly 1 billion USD minus the few hundred or so to form the LLC
>>
>>878440
Agreed.
>>
>>878445
as opposed to the single team ones?
>>
>>877549
This is exactly what Lucha did to Triple A.
I would not focus on WWE. I would do like Lucha and buy all the NON contract amazing wrestlers like Ricochet and Angelico. I would focus my money on developing the entertainment. Women's matches would still be but ring girls would know their place. There would be World Title, TV title, Intercontinental, US Title, Light heavyweight, hardcore, WOMENS (not divas) Tag Team Champion, Trios Champion, and Inter gender championship.
That or I would buy my way into WWE creative writting and FIX WWE.
>>
>>877549
I would hire Vince McMahon
>>
>>878584
You would need a roster of at least 50 to contend for that many belts, with all of the wrestlers featured regularly.
>>
Call up Dbry 2bh.

>DBry : What do you want?
>Me : You know Benoit familia?
>DBry : Say no more

My show would be DBry doing headbuts all night.
>>
>>878611
Yup...... Unlike WWE who have that many wrestlers and use 0 of them and just keep pushing the same old bullshit.
>>
>>878082
If other promotions are better, how come they're no where near as popular? :^)
>>
>>878626
Because they didn't exist in the 80's and they are not televised. Watch PWG, ROH, NJPW, CZW, fuck watch GFW for that fucking matter.
>>
>>878626
>WWE is popular because it is good
>>
>>878584
How would you singlehandedly fix WWE?
>>
>>877557
>Top ROH draws
your goal is to dethrone WWE, not TNA
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.