[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Training with a Dummy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 3

Hey /asp/ I'm thinking of getting one of these to rep some Bjj moves at home, has anyone ever tried this? Are there specific brands that I should look for? I would still train at my gym daily but I'm looking for a little extra.
>>
File: wrestling buddy.jpg (32KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
wrestling buddy.jpg
32KB, 450x500px
I used to have one of these.

Got really good at flying elbows from the top of my bunk beds, and tombstone piledrivers.
>>
But I thought you trained BJJ with a dummy at all times.
>>
File: 1444694475066.jpg (40KB, 557x600px) Image search: [Google]
1444694475066.jpg
40KB, 557x600px
>>875868
We have several dummies at our gym. We have 2 of those. That particular one is pretty harsh against the skin.

I really like this Fairtex one we have. Only problem is that someone ripped the arm. It's still hanging, but barely. I'm assuming it was more of someone doing something stupid than a design flaw, but who knows. Only problem I've had is that a few times I have kneebarred it, let the kneebar go, and it's foot sprung back and knocked me in the mouth. My own fault, but that shit hits hard.

The Motion Master is really good too, but is a little different.

Keep in mind the amount of useful drills you can do on this is limited. I feel many moves feel too different with the dummy. Here is what I personally like to do (some of this is more advanced and you may have not heard of some of these moves):

Motion Master:
Star Drills by themselves, or Star Drills with hitting (basically moving from top position to top position).
Knee mount movement with hitting. Knee mount, double knee mount, knee on neck, reverse knee mount...switch sides various ways...

For the Fairtex dummy:
Helicopters. Can't do all of them sufficiently, but I'll do a lot of the helicopter drills. 3 different Helicopter guard passes. Spinning knee bar from N/S. Helicopter armbar from side control and Back-spin helicopter armbar from side control.

The main other thing I'll use it for is working bull fighter passes and I also like to work the diveroll kimura into a submissions series.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.