[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
>haven't watched wrestling since 2001
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 600x423) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 600x423
>haven't watched wrestling since 2001
>decide to stop and watch a bit
>someone mentions Daniel Byran
>watch videos about him where the entire arena goes batshit crazy for him, read about Royal Rumble 2014 and 2015 and all the other stuff that doesn't give me a legit shot

Fuck man, I missed what seems to be an awesome 2 years. Any chance he's coming back?
>>
I don't get this midgets appeal
>>
>>875330
Great wrestler and better human
>>
>>875335
Meh
>>
>>875326
Troll. He's done.
>>
>>875343
> this is the kind of audience that WWE covets
>>
>>875346
He's passed concussion tests from different doctors. It sounds like Vince doesn't want him.
>>
>>875326

>Lying on the internet
>>
CM PUNK! CM PUNK!
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 642x361) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 642x361
>>875326
Hopefully not. The arenas only went batshit crazy because of his chant. The little jimmies and marks love to chant so a one syllable word is golden.
>>
>>875326
It wasn't. The guy is a vanilla midget and his chant was over not him. THe crowd did the chant when Steph, Brie Mode and Big Show did it
>>
>>875422
>>875424
Yeah, that "DAN-IEL BRY-AN" chant was pretty over
>>
>>875422
So edgy
So 2014

Gtfo le rosemary, you are gayer than the boytoy
>>
>>875326
He is a horrible meme wrestler for reddit and /woo/tists
>>
>>875433
> this /wwe/ shitter owns 5 Reigns shirts
>>
>>875427
what chant is done more often? exactly
>>
>>875504
> chant wrestler created somehow proof they aren't over

lol are you still buttmad about not getting Batista vs. Orton 2 years ago?
>>
I haven't watched wrestling since ruthless aggression era, but Bryan are the best in the world!
>>
>>875523
>chant wrestler created
he has said time and time again he stole it,
then the chant became more over than him.
>lol are you still buttmad about not getting Batista vs. Orton 2 years ago?
nah i feel bad for bryan actually, hhh was right though.
>>
>>875544
> the chant is more over than him

I guess that's why last year's Rumble got crapped on then

It's 2016. Any time you want to catch up to 2013, then join us, let us know
>>
>>875326
I stopped watching after the invasion and didn't watch wrestling till I heard sting was joining wwe. So i missed out almost like 13 or 14 years of wrestling. I didn't even know wwf changed it's name to wwe, can anyone tell why they changed it?
>>
>>875585
A bunch of animal fuckers with the same three letters got pissy and threatened legal action if they didn't change it.
>>
>>875617

It's more "The World Wildlife Fund and the World Wrestling Federation had a settlement deal worked out so they could share the WWF trademark, Vince McMahon flagrantly and repeatedly violated it because he thought he could get away with it, and the courts (unsurprisingly) fucked his shit up and stripped his rights to use the WWF acronym."
>>
>>875629
Well, yeah.
>>
>>875326
These guys
>>875422
>>875424
Are retarded.

I'm not a much of a WWE fan anymore but went with my nephew to the RAW in Providence 2014 when Daniel Bryan turned on the Wyatt Family in a cage match. At that point it was the wildest crowd I had ever seen at any live event ever, when that happened. The only live event that tops it was when the Patriots beat the Ravens in the playoffs last January. And that is only partly due to the fact there was 50,000 more people at that game. DB was more over than Cena and we were only 50 miles from Boston.

Most over wrestler I've ever seen in person.

I actually followed wrestling again to when he won the belt at Mania. It was amazing.


[rant]
Vince is fucking up by not bringing DB back. I check up on RAW once in a while and it's boring. I saw a little bit a couple of weeks ago and the crowd reminded me of when WCW was dying. Crowd was not into it. Watch some old WCW near their end, when they would hang black tarp/cloth to hide how empty the arenas were to see what I'm talking about.
DB could be the guy to take over while Cena is gone.
[/rant]
>>
I find the whole "yes" shit annoying and cringe worthy.
>>
>>875704
Good for you, aren't you the special snowflake?
>>
>>875504

By your logic, Stone Cold was never over. It was the "What?" chant.
>>
>>875722
I think a more time-appropriate analogy would be saying that Austin was never ever, giving the middle finger was over
>>
>>875326

Dude had an entire arena screaming YOU DESERVE IT at the top of their lungs. Ignore the autistic muscle fetishists saying it was the YES! chant that was over, not him. Daniel Bryan is almost universally loved by WWE fans.
>>
>>875326
>>875731

Forgot to post video of the You Deserve It chants.

https://youtu.be/SGEMVDG5FXo
>>
>>875723

Good point. Lol.
>>
>>875731
> ib McMahon salad-tossers claim "s-smarks"
>>
>>875743

I would also reference the Thank You chants and standing ovation when he announced his injury last May. People were sad to see him give up the IC strap like that.
>>
>>875326
He's fucked his neck. He will not be back, not for a long time if ever. His doctor cleared him, but WWE's (which is dodgy to be fair) said no, they then got another doctor who agreed with the WWE. If he wrestles again in a WWE ring I would be very surprised, even DB has said he thinks his career is over
>>
>>875424
>that time in his match with Roman Reigns when the crowd was chanting YES to the timing of Roman's pummeling
>>
It's over, OP. The dream is dead. His time is done. Go download "Bryan Danielson: American Dragon" and call it a night.
>>
>>875422

I like how Brie doesn't understand how a heel works and does 'Face' moves by copying her husband.
>>
>>875326

>le refuse to have surgery man
>le ruin his own career
silly boy
>>
>>875422
No, the chant didn't made him. Although i hated how the wwe made the chant a "thing" with their "yes movement" bullshit.

I think he should only do it once every match now.
>>
File: GOAT.jpg (21 KB, 542x361) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
GOAT.jpg
21 KB, 542x361
>ITT: some anti-smarks still being worked by the GOAT
>>
>>875816
>even DB has said he thinks his career is over
But he hasn't? He's always talking about how much he's training and how he wants to get back in the ring. He's had NFL doctors clear him, so at this point, it's entirely on Vince's bullshit politics. He'd rather let the ratings tank and jerk Roman off every night than clear their biggest face and admit DBry got over without his permission.
>>
>>875889

I kept getting pissed off that the WWE kept ruining possible Rumble comebacks like Cena and Brock by bringing them back a few weeks early (Like Batista in '14) but no one is actually expecting Bryan to show up at the rumble. It would be great, but ruins everything they have planned for Reigns. Which is apparently just "LOOK HOW STRONG HE IS" over and over again.
>>
>>875889

And Vince would totally do that. Look where Zack Ryder is now.
>>
>>875862

Even if the chant is part of what made him, what difference does that make? Over is over. Every big superstar has those things that got them over. Austin had 3:16, swearing, middle fingers, and Steveweisers. The Rock had the eyebrow, sunglasses, talking about himself in the third person, and hilarious insults. Bryan has yes and no chants, the pointing, the kicks to a kneeling opponent, the beard, and so on.

There's always something you can point at and say "he's over because of this." And its all the same, because over is over.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 322x294) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 322x294
>>875889

>implying ratings would increase noticeably at all

Your vanilla midget softbody with gyno titties and no mic skill whatsoever that only does sidekicks doesn't draw. If they put the yes chant on literally anyone, the crowd would react the same way. Daniel boring is done. Get over it.
>>
>>875935
Are you proud of this post? Do you feel accomplished?

>>875910
Not going to lie, I still watch the bit with Cena kissing Eve while Zack watches every now and again. It's legit hilarious [spoiler]and depressing[/spoiler]
>>
File: image.png (472 KB, 558x579) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
472 KB, 558x579
>>875922

>sidekicks to a kneeling opponents is unique and should be cheered
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 555x644) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 555x644
>>875943

There's nothing to feel accomplished for. I simply stated what everybody knows deep down, but none of you seem to want to admit.
>>
>>875945

No less than running the ropes into an elbow drop.
>>
>>875935
>If they put the yes chant on literally anyone, the crowd would react the same way.
Then why they dont do it?

Even WWE knows the chant just doesnt work if it isnt Bryan.
>>
>>875996

In b4 someone mentions Brie, conveniently ignoring that fans do the chant for her because she's married to him.

Bryan is so over, the fans will do his chant using his heel wife as a stand-in as she does his kick sequence.

That's kind of sad.
>>
>>875504
Those were the two most over chants in Bryan's era, including before and after he was allowed anyway near the the main event. Nothing ever got the crowd even vaguely as loud as those two chants
>>
>>875731
>>875734
Holy shit that's powerful stuff and if I were such a badass I might feel something.

Seriously, though he looks happy as fuck and looks teary. Awesome scene.
>>
>>875996
>>876034
reminder that the marks started doing it themselves for roman when he was about to beat sheamus and some smark in new day merch was spazzing out trying to stop them.
>>
>>876466
Nowhere near of a pop when Bryan did it.
>>
>>876483
because no one was egging them on to do it like bryan did.
>>
>>875922

>he fundamentally misunderstands the argument

listen, spergshit. there's no comparison between daniel bryan and austin or the rock. none whatsoever. I'll put this as simply as i can since it's clearly too much for a 14 year old like yourself to understand.

compare the things you listed for austin and the rock to those that you listed for daniel bryan. do you see the difference yet? the difference is that the things you listed for austin and the rock are things that contributed to their characters. they are a part of their identities. the only thing that even comes close in similarity in the list of things you mentioned for dbry is his beard, but even the beard does not develop his character or personality.

>but what about the chant? austin had the what chant, it's the same thing

very good, now you're getting it. but here's the thing. the statement remains the same that you could've put the chant on anyone and the chant would be over. case in point, people still do the what chant to this day.
>>
>>876487
Which is something WWE would do if they really felt that anyone would get the chant over.
>>
>>875877
Not everyone is going to like what you like faggot.
>>
>>875731
And this is whats wrong with you autistic fans all you like to do is chant stupid shit now, THIS IS AWESOME, YOU DESERVE IT shut the fuck up.

Yeah he deserved to be champion, he became champion and that's it. No chance he could be the face of the company, you manchildren need to realize being wwe champ and face of the company are two different things.
>>
>>876559
Not now haitch
>>
>>876559

Saying he's universally loved is not the same as saying he should be face of the company. Just because someone is over, that doesn't mean they should be face of the company.

I never said Daniel Bryan should be face of the company. He shouldn't be, simply because he isn't durable enough.

But you'd have to be a fucking retard to say the guy isn't over with the fans. The people, in general, love the guy.
>>
>>876572
Yeah he is over, but I think his chant is just as over as he is.
>>
>>876538
There's a clear difference between not personally caring for something and actively being a shitter about it

18+
>>
>>876559
> face of the company

How much of a dumbass stupid mark geek do you have to be to parrot heel rhetoric as your argument?

Bryan is more qualified to be "Face of The WWE" than several of Vince's pretender pet projects have ever been.

BUHLEE D-DAT, uhm...BBYGRRRL
>>
>>876506
Actually, there are a ton of parallels to Bryan & Austin, but you have to have actually seen Austin's rise to notice them

WWE's numerous attempts at co-opting the chant and grafting it onto somebody else ALL failed. Miserably.
>>
>>875943
Don't feel too bad for Zack

He's having a blast in NXT and is dating Emma.

> ywn have a Taste of Tenille
>>
>>876633
>He's having a blast in NXT
he always seems off put when they show him on breaking ground meanwhile the HYPE man is trying to be bros with him.
>>
File: bigshowyeschant.jpg (65 KB, 642x361) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bigshowyeschant.jpg
65 KB, 642x361
>>876630
>ALL failed. Miserably.
sure they did.
>>
>>876684
Remind me again: how well-received was the match that came from that segment?
>>
>>876682
Breaking Ground is a semi-work bruh
>>
>>876695
>changing the topic
that pretty much says it all.
>>
>>875326
>Fuck man, I missed what seems to be an awesome 2 years. Any chance he's coming back?
when Daniel got the wins they were awesome as fuck and felt so perfect, but the trip to having to get to those points were fucking hell because they were on screen and behind the scenes fucking with us to the point of insanity.

>>875330
People gravitate to the underdog. and Daniel Bryan, who's not built like a body builder, has a goat face and had to fucking work his ass off to compete with batista who was literally handed the 2014 rumble win on a plate, is truly an underdog, unlike roman who we're told is an underdog merely by virtue of fighting against the mcmahons
>>
>>875935
>Your vanilla midget softbody with gyno titties and no mic skill whatsoever that only does sidekicks doesn't draw

and the current six foot tall gorrilla who wears a padded vest and no mic skills does draw?
>>
>>875326
>I missed what seems to be an awesome 2 years.
No you really didn't. You missed 2 years of fan frustration and creative incompetence.

Bryan was great but they didn't know how to use him properly until they were practically forced to.
>>
>>876904
If Punk doesn't leave after the '14 Rumble, does he get the storyline instead of Bryan, and Bryan instead feuds with the Wyatts alongside Cena?
>>
>>876915
Bryan said in his book the plan was
>Batista vs Orton
>Punk vs HHH
>Bryan vs Sheamus
>>
>>876923
Before they realized how much Orton bs Batista would have been shit on. Punk vs HHH could have easily turned into what Bryan vs HHH was. Would Bryan vs Sheamus at least gone more than 18 seconds?
>>
>>876926
>Punk vs HHH could have easily turned into what Bryan vs HHH was.
Well considering that Punk not being in the main event was the reason he quit that clearly wasn't going to happen.

Dunno bout the Bryan thing.
>>
>>876837
> one instance of Big Show leading a YES! chant worked

Clearly, he got more over than Bryan after that
>>
>>876937
Punk left because he was killing himself for a dumpsterfire of a company
>>
>>876958
punk left because he was a quitter.
>>
>>877042
* quieter

At least meme correctly you shitter
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8
Thread DB ID: 421821



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.