[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Powerlifting and Boxing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed (2).jpg (25KB, 330x400px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (2).jpg
25KB, 330x400px
Is it possible? Could you build size and strength while having good cardio and hand speed?

Would doing a strength/bodybuilding routine like Madcow 5x5 3 days a week and boxing the other 3 days be a good idea? Assume I get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep and eat everything in sight. I don't plan on being competitive in either, just good.

My current lifts are

225 bench
265 squat(injury)
415 deadlift

No boxing experience
>>
Powerlifting is totally viable in combat sports. If you're doing any sort of combat strength and conditioning, you're better off doing compound lifts like those.
>>
Anthony Joshua is a person that exists.

Though he gets criticized by boxing critics for it. They make a fair point.
>>
>>872218

What do they say about him? Dude is undefeated and also a gold medalist
>>
>>872208

It's possible, but mind that you are doing two seperate things. Especially in the beginning you will need time to adapt your muscles (resting time) or you're in for overtraining. So start it slow, because in running/cardio it's about strength per weight and you need to get in slowly.

Furthermore you'll nee more Springiness. The good news: Maximum strength (i.e. lifting) is somewhat the lower bound of the springiness you can devellop: No muscles, no springiness.
The bad news: more muscles doesn't automatically mean more springiness.

Frankly in any grappling style you would probably have more carry over from your training, but boxing is a great sport, so have fun.
>>
File: cliptiggerhappy[1].gif (26KB, 385x388px) Image search: [Google]
cliptiggerhappy[1].gif
26KB, 385x388px
>>872469
>springiness

the fuck?
>>
>>872715

Powerlifting generally makes your muscles as stiff and hard as rocks over time. You need flexibility (IE "Springiness") to be able to box effectively.
>>
Just in general:

Power lifting adds a lot of bulk that won't really help you much in terms of technique or power because your footwork, hand speed, and timing are more important anyways. You will be stronger, but if you're not training for boxing, your power will most likely be wasted since you'll just be bigger and more clumsy than someone else in your class.

Don't get me wrong though, strength training with boxing training is a phenomenal combination.
>>
>>872315
It's not about whether or not you've won,
it's about how you've won,
and how you could've lost
>>
>>872874

That's totally not true, quit living in the 50s
>>
>>872874
If you stretch after warm up and do a cool down work out that includes stretches then your flexibility should actually increase or at the very least stay the same.
>>
>>872208
Good luck being slow as fuck and gasing out in a few secs.
>>
A:
Hybrid Pause Squat 5x5
Press 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Pike PU/Push-up 2x4-15
Bodyweight Row 2x4-15
Single Leg Step ups 2x4-15

B:
Front Pause Squat 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Powerclean 5x3
Dips 2x4-15
Bodyweight Rows 2x4-15
Box Jumps 2x4-15
>>
>>872948
>>Power lifting adds a lot of bulk

Nope, power lifting while eating a fuck ton adds bulk. Powerlifting, like boxing, is a weight class sport, you can get stronger while staying the same size.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.