[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BMX General --- /bmx/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 242420.jpg (2MB, 2000x1328px) Image search: [Google]
242420.jpg
2MB, 2000x1328px
Any bmx riders here?

Advices for newbies, Discussion about bike parts, Rate each other setups and critics on how to improve.

Have you ever traveled to another city with your BMX? Doesn't seems like the best idea, but i'm planning too.
>>
File: IMG_1448.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1448.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Ive been meaning to ride central london for ages , do it mate
>>
>>872894
Done it yesterday, planning to go again tomorrow. The worst part is the pain after sitting for a long time, but i just stand on the bike and no worries. 32km in one day seems fine.

Awesome bike bro
>>
>>877335
Oh you meant actually riding into the city from another city. I'm a cyclist not a bmx rider but dang that sounds like riding a long distance on a bike like that would suck. When I used to bmx I always got tired of never having a consistent place to keep my body
>>
>>877798
ah I meant like street in London sorry hha
>>
File: 20160118_031328[1].jpg (874KB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
20160118_031328[1].jpg
874KB, 2304x1296px
>Have you ever traveled to another city with your BMX? Doesn't seems like the best idea, but i'm planning too.
All the time. I don't have a car and if I want to go to a skatepark I either go with a friend, take the bus or ride there to save money. I've gone about 30 miles in one trip on my bmx bike with relatively no stopping.

Pictured is my bike. I want to take off the rear brake mounts so when my chain loosens up it doesn't hit. The frame, seat, forks, headset, handle bars, pegs and pedals are hand-me-downs but I bought both wheels, the half-link chain, sprocket, bottom bracket, cranks and grips.
The top tube is around 19" - 20" and I'm a bit taller than 6ft but it's the only one I have and it lets me ride so I'm happy. Eventually I'm going to repaint the frame/forks/bars to something a bit more colorful than black and red when I get some some spray paint.

Anyone know the real differences between half link chains and the standard full link ones? I can't seem to find too much information on it aside from some misinformation on forums.
>>
>>884983
Half link chains are made to fit your rear wheel perfectly without leaving so otu or so in yor hub axle, but I prefer the complete link chains because they're stronger than half links (half link are already bended, so yo can imagine what can happen whe yo put so much strength on them)
The only goo half link I've ever seen are the Shadow Supremes and the BSD ones, but like I said, I prefer brute force like Keychains or KMC 710's
>>
>>891012
This

Do yall have tips for barspins?

Also flatland/park rider reporting in
>>
>>892631
Straight your legs like theres no tomorrow, also X-ups prepare you to barspins, it's bassically the same metod but in the bars you let go the bars
>>
I can't ride a bicycle, do you recommend learning to ride on a BMX since they're a little smaller. A friend tried to get me to learn on a huge mountain bike and it was really intimidating, I've seen bmxing and if I fall it's a little closer to the ground.
>>
>>894416
There are smaller sized bikes in all sorts of forms but bmx bike is really as basic as it can get so it could be good to learn how to ride on. A properly sized bike can save you a lot of future back and neck pain. Picture related is a chart for toptube length depending on rider height.
>>
File: IMGP3387.jpg (2MB, 4928x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP3387.jpg
2MB, 4928x3264px
Anyone have any suggestions for a streetish frame? not digging this frame that i've had since april last year, wanting something a little shorter (current is 21")
>>
>>895534
I would go for the Mutiny Obscura (Comes in 20.2", 20.5" and 20.8"), or the Federal DLX (20.5" and the 20.75")
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.