[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I dunno if this is the right place to ask but how do I get a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

I dunno if this is the right place to ask but how do I get a good all around fighter physique? I want to get into muay thai, kickboxing or some other martial art but I wanna get fit first. Any recommended routines out there? and what should I eat?
>>
>>870229
Go to a fucking gym, go train already. Enough with that "i wanna get fit before boxing" you'll get fit by training, dipshit.
>>
>>870233

This guy is right. It's just an excuse anyway. You'll always decide you're not quite fit enough and before you know it a couple of years are behind you and you haven't started boxing.

By the way this goes for every other sport or physical activity. Want to dance? Go do it, don't want to be in shape. Parkour? Dodgeball? It doesn't matter.
>>
>>870229
try doing a 6 day on 1 day off program where you do 3 days strength workout and 3 days cardio alternating
for a strength programme i recommend bodyweight programmes rather than weights, 2 good ones are startbodyweight or reddits recommended routine, google them
on your 3 cardio days try doing 1 day long distance 'slow' pace and 2 days high intensity interval training (HITT) look it up with jump rope warmup and warmdown
>>
>>870498
>HIIT

No, aerobic work is the base. HIIT comes when preparing for fights. Adaptations acquired from HIIT come fast and peak fast. It's not the sort of thing you do as a beginner and certainly not all the time.

Your base as an athlete is:

Aerobic Fitness
General Strength

These two qualities are the most trainable (largest room for improvement), take the longest to develop, pay the highest dividends, and have the longest lasting adaptations.

I teach a beginner MMA class. Any good beginner program should be pretty easy OP. You might as well start while you work on your attributes. Skills take the longest to develop.

Anyways, I would recommend general strength training starting with 1 set of exercise at 10-15 repetitions. As you progress, you add more sets and can increase the intensity (lower reps), although it is still good to do higher repetition work. I would recommend to start with bodyweight and then add resistance as you progress. Slow and steady wins the race.

Basic aerobic training is done at a heart rate of 110-130 beats per minutes for longer periods 20-45 minutes. Start low then work your way up. Eventually you start working in the 130-150 beats per minutes range for 30-45 minutes.

You can use any exercise or exercises that keeps your heart rate where you need it. I use a wide range of means. Walking on a treadmill up a high incline. Fan bike - both with arms only and arms only. Shadowing boxing, footwork drills, dummy drills, jump rope, and tumbling. Sometimes I like to very it such as 20 minutes on treadmill followed by 15 shadowing boxing. Or I make an aerobic circuit: 5 minutes on the elliptical, 5 on a bag, 5 using hands only on a fan bike.

Jogging is the most common method. Can be too high impact for some. That's why I don't do it. Rowing machines and swimming are great too.
>>
>>870229
Just go in and go in and go in like the marshal and his three daughters.

No, seriously, just fucking start boxing. Working out is something you do when you feel that your pure progress by just going to classes doesn't cut it anymore.
Before you get a grasp on where your weaknesses lie, you cannot be sure how the fuck you are supposed to work out.
>>
>>870229

Go running for two weeks, so you don't gas out immediately. But not more.

Then it's time to jump right into it.
>>
>>870229
body weight routine and cardio every other day for 90 days
>>
>>870229
skipping rope for 20 minutes, doing punches for 20 minutes.
Boxing is exhausting, therfore their conditioning is hardcore shit. If you go to a gym and they do a propper conditioning you wont get your arms up at the end of the session.
Which is normal and no big thing, they wont punish you or take advantage of your noob level.
>>
File: 1440468263903.jpg (71KB, 545x545px) Image search: [Google]
1440468263903.jpg
71KB, 545x545px
>>876019
>effective conditioning should leave you so tired you can't lift your arms

Hahahahaha

When will this meme end.
>>
>>876082
fatty detected
>>
>>876096
Nope, I just study sport science. The idea that conditioning needs to leave you feeling dead in order to be effective is a myth.

Certainly, there are certain types of conditioning that will make you feel this way, but they are not for beginners and certainly not to be used too often.
>>
>>876082
then just replace "proper conditioning" by "the conditioning beginners will experience in any given box gym"
>>
>>876019

>ITT: things normies actually belive
>>
>>870537
ty, solidus clinton
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.