[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not sure whether is is more suited to /asp/ or /an/,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Brown-Falcon_-Vic_-3.1.2008.jpg (184KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Brown-Falcon_-Vic_-3.1.2008.jpg
184KB, 800x1200px
I'm not sure whether is is more suited to /asp/ or /an/, but is anyone here into falconry?
>>
>>870017

Definitely a sport. About as far from mainstream as possible, so sure, its alternative.

Your post probably belongs here.

And no, I'm not a falconer. That's a fine looking bird though.
>>
I would love to get into falconry, but there isn't anything about it in my state (Delaware). I read people usually train with someone to learn, but how difficult would it be to learn by myself?
>>
File: _20160112_004101.jpg (345KB, 741x1278px) Image search: [Google]
_20160112_004101.jpg
345KB, 741x1278px
Not a falconer myself, but I've banded/ringed hawks. Depending on where you live the laws might require you to get a permit in order to own a raptor. Generally when you apply for the permit they'll set you up with a mentor. At least that's how it works in Canada.

I would not advise learning by yourself. Talons will fuck you up. Expect stiches.

I don't know much about what goes into training and conditioning. If you do get into it, it's a rewarding hobby. From the few falconers I've talked to, those guys can fill a freezer full of rabbits in a season.
>>
>>870017
last time I looked into it, it seemed like a really high-maintenance sport.
>two-year apprenticeship
>exercise your bird for 2hr at 5am and 5pm every day.
>closely control its diet and weight within a 1oz tolerance.
I could be wrong tho, maybe its not that bad. I want to believe.
>>
Isn't the bird doing all the work in the sport?

Isn't this like horse jumping. A girl sits on her ass and tells the horse to run around and jump, except you're standing around and telling the bird to do tricks
>>
>>878477
horse is an athlete
>>
Falconry is more a sport than half the threads on /asp/ dedicated to oiled up steroid men pretend fighting each other. Seriously, these fags need to go to /tv/ where all the other pretend entertainment is.
>>
>>878489
Only guy gaying it up here is you matey
>>
>>878489
You faggots derail literally every thread with your shitposting
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.