[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been thinking about getting into air soft. What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

I've been thinking about getting into air soft. What's everyone's opinion on it? I'm pretty fit as I already go to the gym but I imagine it's still a pain running around and keeping your eyes peeled but it's hell of a fun sport to play I heard.
>>
gay
>>
The activity is kinda fun, but can be boring sometimes. The people are...interesting. About 30% obese white dudes with neckbeards, 30% older vets trying to relive their glory days, 30% normal folks between the ranks of "in shape" and "DYEL twig," and 10% is pre-teens in their dad's motorbike helmet and ski goggles talking about how it's just like CoD.

Much like any other alternative activity, if you can get over how ridiculous it is you can have fun.
>>
>>868288
It's fun if you don't take it seriously, now go where you belong.
>>
I didn't really like airsoft because the ballistics of plastic BBs aren't exactly great. Normal guns couldn't shoot past 20-30 yards, ones that could reach further with a heavier grain BB meant that people had to wear thick goggles and helmets and some of the other guys would complain when being hit by pellets and that sort of thing, apparently it kind of hurts.

Other problem was that we could never tell when people legit got hit, because either the clothing absorbs the hit and no one notices it or someone will inevitably cheat. Luckily, metal pellets usually stuck in clothing, so you could confirm hits after the fact, but trying to convince someone he's been hit and should stop firing is difficult.

It would be nice if airsoft could be expanded on to better fix the ballistic issues inherent with guns and a better detection system for hits could be called. I was thinking if there was a way to use magnetic projectiles along with electric coil sensors on one's armor, the moving magnetic projectile might be able to generate enough charge to set off a sensor
>>
Too many cheaters. Paintball is harder to cheat in
>>
>>868292
if they could cheapen those lazer systems used in wargames that would be great
>>
>>868292
This. The idea of going out and playing war for fun sounds like a great time, but airsoft feels too much like toys and paintball is barely better.
>>
>>868295
>but airsoft feels too much like toys and paintball is barely better.

Well the guns are toys so what do you expect.
>>
File: aca.jpg (116KB, 480x455px) Image search: [Google]
aca.jpg
116KB, 480x455px
>>868288
costs a lot of money for a fully tuned gun.

CoD kiddies with their parents credit card will have $700 custom tuned gun that will shit on your gun in range, power, and accuracy.

they when you flank them and actually get the drop on them they will flip a shit, and not call their hits.
>>
>>868295
>paintball is barely better
From what I've read, you need to spend about $.30 per paintball (those First Strike ones) to get a similar effective range to more powerful airsoft guns.
>>
>>868288
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoHA-rhGeG4
Also, /asp/.
>>
>>868297

>they when you flank them and actually get the drop on them they will flip a shit, and not call their hits.

This is so annoying yet also gratifying at times. Seeing those kiddies going off the rails just makes me giggle everytime. They never believe when you try to tell them how your supposed to do things in real combat..

Actual guns are more fun but once in a while airsoft let's me get off some steam. And since shooting rich spoiled kids just for being assholes isn't legal I prefer airsoft to jail. Also airsoft is a safer way to train with your buddies things that aren't allowed at ranges for a reason.

However nothing beats the smell of gun powder and warm metal.
>>
>>868297

I've only dabbled in Airsoft really and not done it in a year or so but you can usually get by fairly cheaply if you need to.

A half decent gun and some common sense can be a lot more effective (and fun) than the milsim guy who has his "identical to real life military" clothing and gun worth $1000+.

Double that effectiveness if you have a friend who will at least try to stick by so you can cover each other with equally low cost gear.

As for airsoft feeling like toys. Well again depends what you use but if you are running around the woods with a 10lb gun made of metal and wood while people lob flashbangs at each other it's a bit more than just crawling about with finger guns shouting bang.
>>
>>868294
Fucking this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNo6axEV-6U
>>
>>868297
>they when you flank them and actually get the drop on them they will flip a shit, and not call their hits.

I fucking love it when they do this, because it's an excuse to go to town.

Dunno about other places, but my venue typically rules that if someone's not taking their hits then you shoot until they do just for this specific scenario. My gun is just barely under the velocity that requires a 30 yard minimum engagement range, so when I flip it to full auto folks tend to feel it.

I paid $160 for that gun. It's a JG piece of shit but it hasn't failed me yet.

You roll up behind that fucker and shoot him once, because you're being nice. If he decides he's going to turn around and try to "nuh uh" a bang kill then you just hold the trigger down until the arms go up. Refs tell them to go fuck themselves every time.

At that point they either leave for places they can get away with their power fantasies or wise up and play fair.
>>
Is there a way to play and not get little zit-like welts all over your body? I used to paintball and wanted to get into airsoft but it scared me how powerful some of the guns were, and since they're smaller, harder, shoot faster, and players have more capacity I can foresee getting scarred up pretty bad.
>>
>>868304
Thick clothes.
>>
>>868305
It'll get hot running around though won't it? When I paintballed some people's guns would still hurt despite decently thick clothing, and airshits are smaller and faster meaning they penetrate armor better.
>>
>>868306
Do you want to not get welts, or do you want to not get heat stroke? Can't have everything.
>>
File: 1328514374764.png (61KB, 627x620px) Image search: [Google]
1328514374764.png
61KB, 627x620px
>>868306
>>
>>868303
What place you go to sir?
>>
>>868304

Airsoft is nothing compared to paintball.

You can start by wearing clothing with actual thickness to it, and covering up most of your skin. Buy cheap gloves, wear long sleeve shirts and pants, and get a sturdy pair of boots. Also a full face mask so you don't get your teeth shot out.

Old BDUs usually do the trick for me, I typically only end up with a few welts after a day of play.

Next you should find a place to play that has reasonable limits on the velocities of guns allowed in play. For example, my place limits regular guns to 400 fps with .20 BBs and 550 for snipers. Anything over 400 is not allowed to shoot if the target's inside 100 feet. Lots of indoor places have even lower limits because so much of their combat occurs in close quarters; in all cases, you should check to make sure the refs chrono new guns and there isn't a group of favorites that get to do whatever the fuck they want.

Finally, you want your place to have an age limit so you don't get a bunch of little shits in multicam with fake helmets and hi caps that spray at everything in sight.
>>
>>868302
It's all fun and games until one asshole loads his mag with FMJ instead of a blank. Happens in the military every now and then and they have constant checks for safety..

But sure It would be more fun than airsoft.
>>
>>868306
>Won't it get hot running around

Depends on how thick your clothes are, how hot out it is and how much running you're doing - all of which vary. You certainly don't need to be waddling around in kevlar.

If you get too hot, take a break and drink some fucking water. If you're doing it right the worst that's going to happen is you're going to get sweaty. You should not be wearing clothing thick enough to induce heat stroke.

Airsoft is a lot easier on you than paintball is because airshit BBs and paintballs are not even in the same ball park in terms of comparing mass and that's really what causes the pain. They both go around the same speed.
>>
>>868311
I didn't necessarily mean using blank-fire adapters, just something that could use these lasers.
>>
>>868313
There used to be Laser Quest when I was younger that used only the laser element. Not sure if those are still around though.
>>
>>868314
Well of course laser tag is still around, but I'm not talking laser tag either. I guess I sort of do want something like a blank fire adapter system, just not one used in real steel. Something that can't fire live rounds, you know what I mean?
>>
>>868313
Blank firing rifles that can't be loaded with real ammunition? Just like they do in Japan?

First Nips came up with airsoft but since that wasn't real enough they went gunpowder.
>>
>>868316
Had no idea they had that.
>>
>>868312

The thing about airsoft is you can suffer from high RPS inflicted wounds where you are hit 10-15 times at close range.

BB's are similar to the sensation of a Bee Sting if they do hurt, but they are easily stopped by loose clothing since they contain very little energy.

They will easily draw blood on bare skin at close range.
Mouth protection is essential, Teeth are known to explode on hits.
>>
>>868317
Blank firing rifles for total-ban countries has been around forever. Combining it with laser technology isn't much of a leap.
>>
>>868288
mods will move threads about gun control to /pol/ but leave this gay shit up.

this is why i don't give a fuck about the quality of content on this board.
>>
>>868319
>Blank firing rifles for total-ban countries has been around forever.
Yeah, I know that.
>Combining it with laser technology isn't much of a leap.
I was laboring under the assumption that was what you were already talking about.
>>
>>868321
Ok. The way I understand it Japs invented airsoft during the 80s. Remember how lasers were back then not to even mention about computers and sensors able to register a hit.

But yeah they wen't from airsoft to firing lasers from concussion sensors. I'll even make a bet that when out of ammo you can cheat the sensor by tapping it with your bayonet like I used to do when in service. A MG position out of fucking nowhere!
>>
>>868312
A paintball has a wider surface area meaning the hit is distributed over a wider area. It just leaves a bruise. A bb can actually penetrate skin, especially considering some fuckers tune their guns too high, and higher rate of fire, higher ammunition capacity, and the fact that no one calls themself out encourages them to light your ass up instead of just hit you once or twice.

Or am I wrong? I really want to play it looks cool but fuck man you can't just take bb guns, use plastic ammo, and call it safe.
>>
>>28470573
>look at how mature I am
>my hobby is more mature than your guys hobby!
>>
>>868324
Oh let the edgy teen/early twenties manchild scream his frustration. Even if he won't change his view on other peoples hobbies once he grows up he'll just be like "Uh that's lame" and go about his day.

Like I usually say about the subject: Can't beat the real thing but it's your hobby. It's not like I haven't done it once or twice.
>>
>>868325
I use it primarily for fun, since it's whatever, but I can't deny some basics from Airshit have helped me. Doing a 48 hour game and having to actually employ basic field craft, like digging fighting positions / shelter - as well as radio use and working with people. Stuff you can't really work on at the range, basically.

If anything else it's a militia / SHTF simulator from everything but the pew side of things, since these assholes will always be the ones to picking up rifles once china lands at the beaches.

It's interesting to see the varying levels of competencies by people who make it their primary hobby.
>>
This isn't wrestling.

Please discuss toys on the relevant board

>>>/toy/
>>
paintball would be better.
>>
>>868288
Outlaw pew pew isnt a sport
>>>/toy/
>>
>>868583
>Outlaw pew pew
Is this a play on words?
>>
>>868323
It's really not bad at all.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.