[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Nakamura the best wrestler today?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: nakamura1.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
nakamura1.webm
2MB, 854x480px
Why is Nakamura the best wrestler today?
>>
File: 1371524270471.jpg (206KB, 969x646px) Image search: [Google]
1371524270471.jpg
206KB, 969x646px
>>
>>857903
his character isn't just promos and an entrance, its every movement he makes and his strong kicks are believable to the point they blur the line.

Now everyone can write the standard Japanese and outlaw shit they do in every thread because they like wrestling enough to go on the internet to discuss it but not enough to watch it.
>>
>>857951
lel this post is so hilarious, i guess his falling down finisher is great too.
>>
>>857954
A wreckless knee to the face, suits him perfectly, what would you have it as?
>>
>>857968
something that actually looks like a move not just stumbling micheal jackson gimmick
an actual knee trembler finisher like regal used to do was based, japanese micheal jacksons just looks awful and like an accident every time.
>>
>>857986
I see where you're coming from, but regal was a finesse wrestler, Nakamura's style is the smack head mj gimmick so it works for him, even if it looks shit
>>
He's a disguting jiggling fatass thb
>>
Tanahashi gets no love despite having the most number of great matches of the decade.
>>
Anyone got links for good matches?
>>
>>857951
> strong kicks
How comes in OPs weebm they are the most effeminate stomps to the head ive ever seen
>>
Best wrestler? I always considered him one of my favorite Chess grandmasters.
>>
Why is he the king of strong style when Shibata and Ishii hit 100 times harder?
>>
>>857997
Yukio Sakaguchi does that better for example. There's something weird with the Boma Ye, but I guess it suits his character at least.

I don't think Nakamura is the best wrestler in his own company. I feel like Ishii is much better but his matches have been less effective lately because he's not THE underdog anymore. Underdog King of korakuen Hall Tomohiro Ishii is one of greatest things to watch in wrestling. NEVER champion Ishii less so. Still a phenomenal wrestler and still better than Swagman because Nakamura doesn't give his all in half of his matches, even important ones. Then we have guys like Honma, Shibata and lately Naito. Nakamura is overrated by Meltzer but not in the slightest a bad wrestler
>>
Nakamura is more likely to have a dud than a good match.
>>
>>858060
you got worked by the famous strong style.
>>
>>858143
To be the best wrestler, it is not just wrestling skills that matters. Nakamura draws money, same as Tanahashi, Okada and AJ Styles. That is why they almost always the main event in the PPV.

I believe there was one WK where fans voted Nakamura/Tanahashi for the IC title as the main event, as opposed to Okada/Naito for the Heavyweight Champion.
>>
File: 10sekisword.jpg (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10sekisword.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
>tfw the actual best wrestler today is this guy who no one knows and will forever toil in the Jap indies
>>
>>858125
That is his nickname. Shibata is "The Wrestler" and Ishii is "Stone Pitbull".
>>
>>858125
He named himself King of Strong Style out of arrogance and I think to piss Inoki off. Also Strong Style originally was never about hitting the hardest (Japanese wrestling was already known for being extra stiff before Inoki came up with Strong Style). It was about mixing legit martial arts/fighting techniques with pro-wrestling moves.
>>
>>858667
Well of course when the company doesn't build anybody to be a real maineventer like those four guys, others aren't going to draw as much as them. Goto could draw as much as them if they really built him up proper, same probably for Naito at this point. Shibata and Ishii I would have my doubts for a couple of reasons.
Okada was, for example, built from day 1 of his return to be THE guy. They pointed at him and told everyone he was THE guy to look at. Then they paired him up with the best people in the company and had killer matches and meanwhile he would also win this matches and be the Heavyweight Champion at the same time. They legitimised him. Compare this with Goto, who has had seven different title shots at the Heavyweight Title and has thus far won none. Of course people won't look at this guy the same way they look at Okada. Then you have stuff like him winning the IC title off of Shinsuke as a comeback storyline and he loses it anyway at the very next big event to the guy he beat.
Another guy who is in a similar position is Karl Anderson. He took off after his g1 2012 Finals where he managed to upset Tanahashi and had some really fun matches. Won Tag League. Biggest moment of his career was challenging Tanahashi for the Heavyweight Title but he lost. Not too bad, but then Bullet Club forms and he slowly returns to the inexistant Tag scene where he doesn't do that much.
Tl;Dr NJPW doesn't push people. If you push people correctly they might draw.

Also the drawing power of the top 4 guys is stagnating
>>
>>857903
Judging by WK10
AJ > Shibata, King of Potatoes > Nakamura
>>
>yfw he gets a gay hairdresser gimmick because Vince doesn't 'get' him
>>
>>858667
That was because Naito was shit at the time and no one cares about Okada and his training wheels
>>
File: 1442093620697.jpg (15KB, 556x561px) Image search: [Google]
1442093620697.jpg
15KB, 556x561px
>>863473
>Nakamura and Tyler breeze become a gay tag team and regularly make out on stage
>>
File: vince-mcmahon-reading-600x400.jpg (39KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
vince-mcmahon-reading-600x400.jpg
39KB, 600x400px
>>863473

HUNTER SIGNED THIS NEW CHINK IN THE COMPANY. I'VE BEEN SAVING THIS SUSHI CHEF GIMMICK FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL. THIS SHINJI TAMAGOTCHI GUY, THIS GUY MIGHT BE RIGHT GUY FOR THIS GIMMICK!
>>
>>864355
Sushi Nakaniki
>>
>>858669
this guys scream is horrendous. fucking shut up
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.