[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Martial arts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 30

File: Pat_McKay_mit_Spaß_beim_Karate.jpg (891KB, 1168x1188px) Image search: [Google]
Pat_McKay_mit_Spaß_beim_Karate.jpg
891KB, 1168x1188px
What's the best martial art?
>>
>>857770
You sodding off with that stupid question
>>
>>857770

All of them, according to /asp/ these days.
>>
Not making shitty threads fu.
>>
>>857787
>>857770
according to /asp/ it's actually raslin'
>>
>>857770
Nothing beats a well-placed pipe bomb.
>>
>>857770
gun-fu
>>857800
could be true.
>>
>>857888
/thread

Now git
>>
>>857770

Aikido.
>>
File: 1361108957614.gif (1015KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1361108957614.gif
1015KB, 400x240px
The most lethal belongs to the martial arts of the air but the best is Panzerfahren.
>>
>>857770
depends to your body type
>>
>>858007
but i suggest u wing chun if you go it for 5+ years
>>
>>857770
Kyouto ryu + ameridote
>>
What's that martial art called where you press buttons to launch nukes?
>>
>>858297
to bad that button had a well placed pipebomb.
>>
Aikido
>>
Should I couple Muay Thai with lifting or should I just stick with Muay Thai?
>>
>>858480
ask your muay thai coach
>>
>>858484
Maybe Anon wants a second opinion.

Not all coaches are intelligent and knowledgeable people,
not all people are intelligent and knowledgeable coaches.
>>
Arts like Karate, Muy Tai, Boxing , Wing Chun , are very hard aggressive styles wouldn't do good against more than 3 ppl unless you've been ding them for over like 128374 years to perfectly master. not as practical as Aikido , Jow Ga , Ju Jitsu and ninjitsu witch are very easy to put into application fast and full of techniques that can be applied to various ppl at a time (not saying the others are bad , just saying that the others have more practical applications)
>>
>>858514
I can't tell if this is serious or ironic shitposting.
>>
>>858521
serious, I've studied many different styles (Jack of all trades master of some) and some do better for sport (karate) some are sport but have allot of real world applications (boxing) but a boxing master can't go against 5 people with the same efficiency as an Aikido master can
>>
>>858521
>ninjutsu
>>
I have been a practitioner of Hokuto Shin Ken.
For those who are wondering the art's power lies into channeling one's energy in a single blow and striking into the 708 Hidden Channeling Points points in the human body (also known as acupressure points, power points, vital points, tsubo, etc.).
I have once fought a guy hurling dynamite and come out unscathed.
>>
>>858524
Kyokushin Karate does a lot better in real world applications than Boxing, Boxing is just more popular so you see more success stories.
>>
I'm a master of goju-ryu dong-su-do kenpo-karate and muay thai is objective best martial art.
>>
>>859206
Some hybrid art for MMA is objectively better than Muay Thai.
>>
File: muhstriking.webm (3MB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
muhstriking.webm
3MB, 360x640px
Wrestling beats most other martial arts alone in my experience.
You, don't even need to be good at it to beat 90% of people.
I remember when people used to fuck with me in high school I just hip-tossed them, and then that fight was over.
It's also very very good for cardiovascular and flexibility training, and decent for strength training.
>>
File: bjj on the streets.gif (2MB, 232x116px) Image search: [Google]
bjj on the streets.gif
2MB, 232x116px
>>859315
>>
File: mortal-kombat-irl.gif (2MB, 410x318px) Image search: [Google]
mortal-kombat-irl.gif
2MB, 410x318px
>>859315
The "boxer" obviously sucks.
The other guy was also obviously wearing body armor.
>>
>>858524

You are very wrong.

Boxing has amazing footwork and is the best (unarmed) martial art for fighting off serveral people. There are lots of videos of boxers knocking down three people in a row.

Aikido on the other hand has bad training methods (no sparring, no punching defense) and takedowns that come from a cultural context of people fighting with armour. While they the basic principles of Aikido are valid they will NOT work against a trained martial artist because it's unbelievable hard to throw someone with something like a wristlock.

Ironically enough, a wristlock takedown is difficult (but sometimes doable) in sparring, if you have something to grab like boxing gloves - basically you trap his hand between your guard and twist. But against someone without gloves, fast moving hands, slippery from sweat? Near impossible.

>>859159

As someone who trains in Kyokushin I'd really like to believe that. But even after a lot of reasearch I haven't found a single story of a Kyokushin guy who got into fights - wether on the winning or on the losing end. Are Karate guys just nice guys who don't get into fights?

So if you have any proof to back up that claim, I'd really really like to hear it. Or is it just your opinion you are talking about?
>>
File: japanese.jpg (128KB, 784x535px) Image search: [Google]
japanese.jpg
128KB, 784x535px
>>859383
>So if you have any proof to back up that claim, I'd really really like to hear it.
Think about Japanese culture for a little while.
Do you think such a poetic and noble people would let their people cause trouble left and right?

http://www.nyseibukan.com/Intro/Karate/Creed/creed.html

These are the kinds of people who kill themselves if they've dishonored their famry.
>>
>>859383
Shows what little you know of Aikido.
It's not the art's fault for people being too stupid to efficiently learn martial arts without being spoon fed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v-IMSKOtoE

http://www.apa.org/monitor/oct05/mirror.aspx

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_neuron

http://www.bettermovement.org/2010/moving-better-by-just-thinking-about-it/

http://www.bettermovement.org/2010/mirror-neurons-can-you-get-better-at-sports-by-just-watching/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KLPxDtMqe8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiduiTq1ei8

Armor makes people slower, without armor, one's mind and body must just be quicker.

If people don't do the flashy breakfalls in Aikido demonstrations, their wrists just get broken.

You just need a harder grip.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friction
>>
>>859389

Oh my goodness.

Japanese people are as good or bad as people on every other part of the world. You have nice people, you have assholes, you have racism, you have organized crime..

If you made up your mind about glorios nippon based on Yoshikawa books, Yoshikawa movies and Anime you should go there and have a reality check..

>>859400

Arigato gozaimashita, bait master -san.

I should have known better.
>>
>>859440
>Japanese people are as good or bad as people on every other part of the world. You have nice people, you have assholes, you have racism, you have organized crime..
>culture and societal structure has nothing to do with behavior
It's like you've never gone to school a single day of your life.

Here, Sociology 101:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPAcVFErEVg&list=PLT35IWG8lUbYwramdIPMAR5wPbDFjDU0H
>>
File: comparison.png (22KB, 840x258px) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
22KB, 840x258px
>>859446

The fuck man, your video was not even related?

If you look at international large scale studies you'll always find that the intra-cultural differences (differences of people within a culture or nation) are much bigger than the inter-cultural differences (two random persons from each country or culture).

BTW that's one of the reasons racism is actually such an absurd thing..
>>
File: nippon_steel.jpg (19KB, 460x257px) Image search: [Google]
nippon_steel.jpg
19KB, 460x257px
>>859513

But don't bother, most people think that nationality is important. But that's why science is so damn usefull: we can base our knowledge on facts and not on stereotypes and biases.

>In contrast to the structure of personality, the comparison of the mean trait scores across cultures is much more problematic because cross–cultural differences turned out to be very small in their magnitude, about one–third of the magnitude of individual differences within culture.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16175734

>Results showed that age and gender differences resembled those found in American samples
>However, mean trait levels were not apparent to expert raters, casting doubt on the accuracy of national stereotypes.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11767820

So there's really no doubt about that the image of Japanese guys being better/worse/differnt than US guys is wrong. Cultural norms are a nother story, but the people are generally just people.
>>
>>857770
Kansas Kwan Ki Do
>>
>>859383
>As someone who trains in Kyokushin I'd really like to believe that. But even after a lot of reasearch I haven't found a single story of a Kyokushin guy who got into fights - wether on the winning or on the losing end. Are Karate guys just nice guys who don't get into fights?
>Who were the Pechin
>Who is Masutatsu Oyama
>What are 100 and 300 man kumite's
>What is bareknuckle/fullcontact Karate
>Who is Andy Hug
Karatekas fight a shitton
>>
>>859804

>Karatekas fight a shitton

I meant street fights and brawls. Not kumite.
I also wasn't asking about historical fighters (Oyama or ancient Okinawa warrirors) or if Andy Hug would have heel kick'd me to death (he probably would have).

No, I was asking about contemporary "everyday" people like you and me.

The other guy was claiming that Kyokushin Karate "does a lot better in real world applications than Boxing" and I am genuinely interested if this is true or not.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving Kyokushin and I'm not doing it to be a brawler, but I just can't seem to find any evidence of Kyokushin in street fights whatsoever.
>>
>>857770
anything thats not in a mcdojo
>>
>>859752
in the cornfield or a barn?
>>
>>859538
We'll just ignore the face that the Japanese and Sand Niggers have suicide bombed 'Murica, then.
>>
>>859824
>I meant street fights and brawls. Not kumite.
I also wasn't asking about historical fighters (Oyama or ancient Okinawa warrirors) or if Andy Hug would have heel kick'd me to death (he probably would have).

>No, I was asking about contemporary "everyday" people like you and me.
Alright got it
>
The other guy was claiming that Kyokushin Karate "does a lot better in real world applications than Boxing" and I am genuinely interested if this is true or not.
Karate would most likely do better with kicks and other things which aren't puching. A Karateka could probably get up to a boxer's level in that area applied to Karate punches but it would take training and time. As an art that's built on and for primierly hands, boxings at a avery hight level and almost unmatched in that department. Top Class.
>Don't get me wrong, I'm loving Kyokushin and I'm not doing it to be a brawler, but I just can't seem to find any evidence of Kyokushin in street fights whatsoever.
Looking on YT and elsewhere's , i'll see if I can find anything
>>
File: Master Ken.jpg (114KB, 720x583px) Image search: [Google]
Master Ken.jpg
114KB, 720x583px
>>858236
Remember, every thing else (except ameridote of course) is BULLSHIT!
>>
How does that MCMAP the marines use compare to other armies martial arts?
>>
>>860061
Is M.C. Maps some new Hip Hop singer the kids are listening to these days?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9qYF9DZPdw
>>
>>860120
The marines needed a new martial art since americans are so fat others weren't effective,so they commissioned McDonalds to come up with something they can use.
And thus, McDonalds Martial Arts for Poofs was born.
Here's an example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64DNpYiqlEc
>>
>>859966
>>859824
Yo Kyokushin anon couldn't find anything but have yet check out worldstar something might be there. All I could ser on yt were a couple of K O`s that either din t say the art or weren't kyokushin. did see that classic one of that white guy Koing that other black guy on first search of kyo in a street fight, said it was karate but It wasn't kyokushin
>>
>>859824

Nobody street fights and brawls a shit ton. Except shitkicker rednecks and club bros. Is that what you want to be?

You'll never have enough street fights to git gud because you'll end up in the ICU.
>>
>>860921
>Nobody street fights and brawls a shit ton. Except shitkicker rednecks and club bros. Is that what you want to be?
It's 2016 now, so that's becoming more true.
Things weren't always the same, though.

>>860921
>You'll never have enough street fights to git gud because you'll end up in the ICU.
With enough power and money, you could create circumstances for yourself to train deadly and efficient arts while in controlled environments that make you more likely to go through training without too much serious injury.
>>
>>860921
>>861024
It'd also help to have some intelligence.
>>
>>859824
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ7YRewmbFg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkC35VbWGvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pBquv4-VV8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFqV2zZ50SU

Not really a street fight, but here's some kyokushin guys fighting some taikiken guys. It's standup only, but with head punches allowed and no gloves. The result is pretty much what you'd expect. They seem able to punch to the head effectively, but defend their own heads poorly. Kicks are used sparingly and to little effect. Matsui gets kneed a lot. Based on this, it seems like boxing + wrestling would be more effective than kyokushin, because that's what they keep trying to do even though they're trained in something else.
>>
>>861300
>because that's what they keep trying to do even though they're trained in something else.
It just sounds like they have some self disciplinary problems.
To do all of that learning, just to throw it away because there's a little adrenaline in your system.
>>
>>861345
No, it's not that. Humans fight a certain way, and if your style deviates too far from that, then you just won't end up doing your style when you actually fight. Good fighting is just some slight variations on haymakers, headlocks, pickups, kicks, and stomps. Your subconscious is smart enough to not try fancy shit when your life is on the line.
>>
>>861367
I disagree, but I can't be arsed to argue with your right now.
>>
>>861032

You just made a statement that applies to literally every situation a human being could possibly find himself in. What the fuck do you mean in this context?
>>
>>860623

Thanks a lot. That's exactly my story, you jaust can't find any Karate fights out there. Even for Aikido of Kung Fu there are some fights where people win or lose. But not for Karate. Or is there just no survivor of an encouter with a Karateka? Hehehe.. No, I don't think so. Probably they just don't get into fights.

>>860921

My question was rather how the Kyokushin skills would translate into "real" fights. I believe that a tough body and mental strength carry you a long way in a street fight and Kyokushin Karateka have both. But the sheer movements are another story. I'd just like to hear stories, wether they are winning or losing stories.

>>861300

Wow, thanks a lot!

I didn't know that the IKO 1 Chairman was such a bad ass who fought other guys in bare knuckle fights.. That's the Osu spirit!! \(*~*)/

Alltogether the Kyokushin guys did a lot better than I expected, very powerful punches and nice leg kicks. Also I can't really blame the Taikiken guys turning it into a grappling match, considering that's how the Kyo guys used to win against Muay Thain in 1964..

But I would have expected to see more "special kicks", i.e. heel kick (Ushiro mawashi geri), which are unexpected and have a good knock out power. Then again I've never been to bare knuckle competitions, guess you wouldn't want to do too risky stuff.
>>
>>860921
>shitkicker rednecks and club bros
>>859752 Two of there best students were the stinky brothers they worked as bouncers at a club called Shitkickers.
>>
>>858480
Muat Thai is the shittest martial art I have ever fought against.
>Sparring match starts
>Muay Thai faggot shuffles close with stupid footwork
>Me -"Hmm, I wonder if he is going to do a right leg turning kick to my head and follow up with a left arm elbow strike."
>Muay Thai faggot does a right leg turning kick to my head and a left elbow follow up
>I duck under the turning kick and deliver an axe kick as he is leaning over with his elbow strike and I nail him on the head
>he stumbles and falls over

Repeat this with every other Muay Thai idiot in the place.
>>
>>863568
Anon are you baiting. You better not be, I'd be disappointed in you.
>>
>>857770
According to the new /asp/ WWE.
>>
>>858480
you should lift no matter what style you train

weight lifting made my bjj wayyyy better
>>
There's so much fag in there, ITS TIME TO STOP
>>
>>864889

Your sexual insecurities are showing.
>>
>>858524
Kill yourself...
>>
>>859400
And this is exactly what most Wing Chun guys do, spout theory all day instead of proper pressure testing... I know of one Aikido lineage that does proper pressure testing, and they basically look like fucking Judo. Judo is better then Aikido in EVERY way.
>>
>>867952
Let's see you stop a knife attacker without getting harmed more times with Judo than an Aikido practitioner of your level.
>>
File: ipmanff1.gif (2MB, 350x149px) Image search: [Google]
ipmanff1.gif
2MB, 350x149px
>>867952
When people have so much theory, and try so hard, the chances are that they'll get at least something right.
>>
>>868071

Akshually not.

You see, whole Kung Fu stuff is full of theory and the "train 10 year to get a novice" mindset. That's bullshit. If you can't totally destroy someone (untrained) after 1 year, the system is shit.

>>867967

Aikido and Judo have different mindsets. Aikido wouldn't be half bad if they trained properly, but the lack of Randori is just a crucial factor..

Judo is the spaghetti and sauce, Aikido is the cheese on top.
>>
>>858527
underrated post
>>
>>868152
Actually, the theory of "attacking and defending at the same time is good" is actually pretty correct for the most part.
As popularly shown in Western Boxing counters, not to mention various other arts.
Shut the fuck up, you stupid ass fucking worthless minded piece of shit faggot.
>>
>>868152
Did you even try to comprehend >>868071 ?
>>
>>868152
fuck you faggot
>>
>>859355
>white dude
>gange raped by blacks
/pol/ was is always right
>>
>>859363
What? The guy was a decent boxer, but he approached it like it was sparring and got thrown down by a heavier dude, thats it.
>>
>>868221
He sucked, they both sucked.
He sucked at boxing, and he sucked at fighting.
>>
File: pipebomb.gif (2MB, 370x281px) Image search: [Google]
pipebomb.gif
2MB, 370x281px
NOTHING beats a well placed pipebomb.
>>
>>858527
Dude I was watching One Armed Boxer last night. Is the sequel good?
>>
>>868176

>the theory of "attacking and defending at the same time is good" is actually pretty correct

Were you talking about Kung Fu or Aikido?

Anyway, both are "theoretical good but practically bad".

>you stupid ass fucking worthless minded piece of shit faggot

Bad sex? No gf?

>>868177

Yes. But only because peopel try hard and have fancy theories doesn't mean it's good for anything.

>>868180

How rude!
You're not a person of good breeding.
>>
>>867967
Aikido and knife defensce... LOL!!! I don't care how good you are at ANY martial art. If you have any damn brains, your gonna run if someone try's and comes at you with a knife. Just shows how blatantly stupid you are for thinking that knife defense is a regular occurrence, guess what, ITS NOT FAGGOT.
>>
>>868152
Depends on your teacher and you how long it takes to become whatever level. Anyone saying it takes x years to achieve whatever rank talks shit because it takes as long as it takes, or as little. My wing chun teacher isnt that theory minded, more about what's practical and at least relevant in the real world.
>>
>>868417
>>869380
The point was that because there're so many theories, and people tried so hard, the chances that at least one of the theories are right or at least hold some truth.

It's like closing your eyes and throwing 100 darts at a dart board.
>>
>>857770
judo, obviously
>>
>>858463
>>857959
yes, aikido if you are a fat neckbeard who is to out of shape to learn judo
>>
>>869380
>My wing chun teacher isnt that theory minded, more about what's practical and at least relevant in the real world.
Then why is he teaching wing chun?
>>
>>858514
I really, really hope you´re trolling
>>
>>869568
He's right, though.
>>
>>869532
That throw looks like it's going to be rough on blue's head. Ouch.
>>
File: ura-nage-ani2.gif (3MB, 200x164px) Image search: [Google]
ura-nage-ani2.gif
3MB, 200x164px
>>870938
a lot of judo guys will do full somersaults to finish their suplexes/ura nagas. looks like in that pic, blue is in the middle of doing the same.
>>
>>870957
>>
>>870960
His arm's under him, wouldn't that fucking hurt?
>>
>>870975
the point of impact wasn't on the thrower's arm, the point point of impact was the victim's neck,upper back and shoulder, so there's little weight to hurt the thrower's arm.
>>
>>870981
The angle of the camera got me then.
>>
>>870957
>>870960
not much skill involved with those moves. its mainly muscle i rather stick with elegant aikido wrist locks the perfect counter to brute strength.
>>
>>870989
Pff, like you'd be able to grapple me. I'd just kick you in the balls and poke your eye!
>>
>>870995
to bad pressure points would counter your shit cheap shots
>>
>>870975

No, it's pretty comfy to get nailed on your shoulders with with twice your weight on it. You should try is sometimes.

>>870989

Try it before judging it. You need good athleticism and a pretty good timing and balance to pull this off.

But I'm pretty sure YOU could defend against an Uchi Mata, repoition yourself, throw the other guy while you're standing on one leg and do an appropriate backflip with the other guy over you in mid air, right?
>>
File: uchi mata beauty.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
uchi mata beauty.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>870989

Masterful trolling.
>>
ITT trolls and delusional mcdojo students who have never been in a real fight.
>>
>>857770
The one you practice and enjoy.
>>
>>871000
Ha! Good luck with that when I can no-touch KO you with my chi.
>>
>>871369
What do you expect, you are on /asp/
>>
>>863941
if you're using muscle to make your bjj "wayyyy better" your technique is probably absolute horse shit.
>>
>>871627
>he doesn't know technique and strength amplify each other
laughing_sluts.jpg
>>
I am writing a story, and in it one of the characters is a 100cm tall, 220kg muscular midget.

What fighting style would best fit his stature? Preferably nothing with clinching or grappling.
>>
>>875365
Dickkicking
>>
>>875365
>>875373
>Dickkicking
No, dick-punching.

Also, it seems like shorty would be able to deliver some nasty roundhouse kicks to the calf.
>>
>>857770
Wwe kwon Do is one of the patrician tier martial arts
Also Hapwwedo
>>
>>875365
Midget jujitsu.
I can't find the gif I'm thinking about but it has a short kid running up to a larger kid, jumps on his back then puts him in a leg choke hold.
>>
>>859446
>Sociology 101
>not even 4 minutes in she goes on about americans
>If you disagree you're just thinking too american
>If you're an immigrant and you disagree you've been americanized

>5 minutes in
>Obama, romney, you're all wrong

Oh boy sounds like science to me. Worst part is that a kid coming in might think this is just the fluff 101 before the actual science. I mean it's an "ology" right? That means science, right?
>>
>>857978
Those aren't panzers
>>
>>861345
yeah or maybe you realize that some powerstance hiyaah open punch and kick shit is just giving away limbs to suck you into the guy who is grabbing and actually fighting you.
>>
>>875564
you can't prove that
>>
>>875564
those are tanks
do you realise that panzer and panzerfahren are actual words that have a translation?
>>
>>871369
ITT, a faggot
>>
File: MountBladeWarband_05.jpg (148KB, 440x250px) Image search: [Google]
MountBladeWarband_05.jpg
148KB, 440x250px
>>859355
best martial art is mastering charisma

you have a point, bjj is not great when a guy has his friends to back him up. but do you think that fight would have ended much differently if he was an boxer?
>>
>>881987

Why is it always assumed that the martial artist is the one who has no friends?

Nothing's stopping you and six of your training partners from going to the bar and fucking shit up.
>>
>>882307
idk ask society...mannnn
>>
>>857770
The one that's most fun
>>
>>881987
I've always wondered in what country do these street and bar brawls happen so often that it needs to be taken in consideration.
>>
I see all this talk about which is better to fight a large group of people, but isn't the method to do that to never let them surround you? Use other people's bodies to block the advance of his friends? Do one or two hits in critical points of each person and quickly move? No matter what martial arts you learn, if you can't follow rules like that you're going to get beat down.
>>
>>857770
freestyle wrestling vs 1
>all fights go to ground
>all other systems make predictions based on facing another person who is trained in that style or a complete dumbass

any more I'd say being the craziest motherfucker in the room is the best strategy.
>immediately strip naked
>speak in tongues
>don't be afraid to shit and piss
>dive straight for eyes and throats
>use your teeth
If you're lucky most people just don't want to fight a naked guy, no matter how good their advantage is, so they'll fuck off fast when they realize how potentially embarrassing the situation is.
>>
>>882307
Because normal people don't look for fights, bored retards go and find fights with smaller groups or single people.
>>
>>882574
>Because normal people don't look for fights
Normal people look for fights all the time.
Normal people look for fights when they're upset.
Stupid people might start fights when they're upset more than normal people start fights when they're upset, but that doesn't mean normal people don't start fights when they're upset at all.
>>
>>859383
>There are lots of videos of boxers knocking down three people in a row.

Honestly, I don't think there's any martial art that really teaches you how to consistently come out on top against multiple enemies. Any time there's a fight of one guy against a group it depends on the defender's practice and experience in any kind of combat, and the more attackers the greater the deficit will have to favor the defender.

I've seen those videos, but they're almost always 3 skinny nigger teens trying to flail on some guy in his late 30s who spent his whole youth boxing.
>>
Want to beat someone in a -1 minute fight? Learn judo or ju-jitsu, they can't hurt you if their fucking wrist or arm is broken... Or you can look less of a bad-ass and go for boxing and just punch the shit out of the guy. But then you would have bruised wrists wouldn't ya
>>
>>885029
You can just do Taekwondo, Karate, Muay Thai, Savate, anything with high kicks, really.

>mortal kombat irl.gif
>>
>>883319
>Any time there's a fight of one guy against a group it depends on the defender's practice and experience in any kind of combat
You fail to observe more closely, and utilize logical reasoning well.
Some things are better for somethings than others.

You could cut a piece of toast with a knife, or you could cut a piece of toast with a fork.

Different martial arts have strengths and weaknesses in different areas.

>the more attackers the greater the deficit will have to favor the defender.
Which is offset by his general skill, and his less generalized skill in fighting off multiple opponents.

Some things work better against multiple opponents than others, like pulling guard.
Pulling guard works a lot better against a single opponent than it does against 5 opponents.

>bjj on the streets.gif
>>859355
>>
>>857770
I practice Han Mu Do, would recommend. We learn Mu Duk Kwon Tae Kwon Do and Sin Mu Hapkido as the main pillars, though we use Hapkido more in actual training. Hapkido is focused on joint control (breaking joints) while the Tae Kwon Do is just strikes and blocks. Tae Kwon Do is very rigid and meant to be powerful while Hapkido's movements are more flowing and designed to work with the movements of your opponent. We train heavily with knives and staffs over other weapons, although we do train with a sword at higher rank.

But to answer your question, I don't believe you can objectively designate a "best" martial art. In my opinion, being truly dangerous is being proficient in several martial arts. The big three I wish to learn are Han Mu Do (for controlling and pacifying the enemy while standing and grappling with them, and also being proficient with melee weaponry), Muay Thai (for EXTREMELY effective kicks), and Jiu Jitsu (for controlling the enemy should the fight be brought to the ground)
>inb4 white belt
>>
>>885765
Also Han Mu Do incorporates Korean Judo or Yudo. Good luck finding a school though, our organization is based in the Southern/South Eastern US. Instructors are very knowledgeable and are mainly combat veterans.
>>
The best martial art is easy

The art of surprise
Go behind old people and knock them out for practice
>>
>>885782
It's 2016, some of them have some high tech hearing aids these days.
>>
>>885765

Tell us about the sparring that lets you gain the expertise to become extremely proficient with melee weaponry Anon...
>>
>>885765
Actually a huge chunk of Tae Kwon Do involves breaking joints, but you are correct in generalizing it as rigid strikes.
Of course there are a fuck ton of subtypes and I only do one of them.
>>
Anyone know a video where two guys are on the street fighting, one of the guys is a wannabe gangster and clearly knows nothing and the other guy goes into a backbalance, dodges every one of the guy's wild punches, then beats him up?
>>
>>857770
"Someone with only a year of training in boxing and wrestling could easily defeat a martial artist of twenty years experience."
--Bruce Lee

This has basically been proven true in MMA.

Neither boxing or wrestling are flashy or "cool", but the proof is in the pudding
>>
>>891807
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>859315
>I remember when people used to fuck with me in high school

im sure they definetly learned a martial art as well.
>>
>>886045
>Actually a huge chunk of Tae Kwon Do involves pretending to break joints...

FTFY, Anon.

You did it slow motion, compliantly, and never carried the technique to completion. As a result you have no idea whether you can break joints or not. You have faith that you can because you took the word of some guy who has never done it.
>>
>>871369
I actually gave a drunk Indian minor brain damage with osoto gari.
Simple moves work surprisingly well.
>>
>>891960
>unless you break people's arms and legs all day you can't say you know how to do it
lmao
a huge chunk of BJJ involves pretending to choke people to death or break their limbs, but you don't see people talking shit about it (because BJJ is a meme sport)
>>
>>892055

BJJ puts people in a position where the break is inevitable. It's like chess. If the king can't escape, you don't actually have to take him. When your elbow can't do anything BUT break because it can't bend to the side and it can't flex because you can't curl more than your opponent can deadlift your elbow is in mate. Also people accidentally DO break people's shit all the time, and chokes are carried to completion in competitions on a regular basis.

You have your buddy lock out a fake lunge punch and then stand there catatonic while you pretend you've caught his wrist and then pretend you're snapping his elbow. Or you throw a snap kick 18 inches to the side of his knee and tell yourself the joint would have exploded if you had aimed directly at it.

If you don't see the difference between these things I don't know what to tell you.
>>
What about if you're not a guy?
>>
>>892163
What about it?
>>
>>857770

There is no best, objectively. There is only what is best for you.

Jeet Kun do doesn't get much attention but its actually a really good starting point. You get a solid base and some active sparring.

You're encouraged to do other kinds of martial arts, take applicable techniques and ultimately create a style that suits you perfectly.

Combat Sports are proven effective though, unlike Aikido, Ninjitsu and all the old traditional stuff. It's not that they're guaranteed shit, it's just that they aren't that effective in a combat sports context.
>>
>>857770
jeet kune do
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 480x480px
>>892723
get your newage hippie bullshit philosophy out of here.
Wing Chin is in fact the best martial art.

It's like Boxing, but the best style of Boxing.
>>
File: TheDarkKnightRisesBane3.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
TheDarkKnightRisesBane3.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>892720
>There is no best, objectively. There is only what is best for you.
>There is only what is best for you
>what is best for you
>best for you
>for you
>>
>>893045
>oh my god the same permutation of two words that is in my favorite meme appeared somewhere else
>>
>>857770
Hart Family Dungeon Style Wrestling
>>
>>893045
*chortle chortle
Benoit yourself you underaged cunt
>>
File: 1444230149346.jpg (89KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1444230149346.jpg
89KB, 640x640px
>>893120
>>
>>893120
>Benoit yourself you underaged cunt
nothing personnel, kiddo
>>
Hi all Ive done a few martial arts in my time. and the two that beats them all is good old boxing. and if youve bitten off more than you can chew ( and who hasent if your old enough or honest enough) is running, it is a undervalued skill often underestimated in many a heroic dojo
>>
>>893232
>running
fuck i need to run more but my knees die so bad.
>>
>>893269
>i need to run more but my knees die
wut. If you're saying you get knee pain from running most, if not all treadmills have a cushion in them to relieve impact. I got one for that very reason and it's worked wonders. If that's not enough there's always stationary bikes. BTW if you aren't saying you're knees hurt from running them I'm not sure what the hell you mean kek.
>>
>>893312
yea thats exactly what i meant
>stationary bikes
that could work
>>
Kyotouryuu
>>
Goju kenastan
>>
>>857770
for learning punching - boxing

for learning kicks - tae kwan do or muay thai

for learning joint locks - hapkido or aikido

for learning grappling - judo or wrestling

straight speed - most kung fu

I used to go to a place in Toronto where I learned hapkido. The guy who ran it was an old korean guy with a really open mind. Punches were more similar to boxing, kicking and joint locks were fairly standard, he let some older guys who were into mma teach grappling. It was a good comprehensive place to learn. That guy was a damn master though. Incapacitated me once with just a bic pen. Even though he was probably 65-70 his punch was just fucking deadly. It was like someone threw a dumbbell into your chest at full power.
>>
>>898194
>tae kwan do or muay thai

Muay Thai has 2 damn kicks, fuck Muay Thai for kicks.

Taekwondo, Savate, and Karate, are decent for kicks.

Muay Thai is good for teaching beginners about a variety of strikes, and incorporating striking with basic grappling.
For kicking, Muay Thai is ass.
>>
>>898261

Their kicks work. Sorry they don't impress you with their aesthetics.

As long as low kicks are on the table I'd back a nak muay over an Olympic TKD player in a kick-only fight any day. Being able to throw a solid dead leg is way more valuable than being able to throw a jump spinning back kick.
>>
File: based_lee.png (133KB, 535x363px) Image search: [Google]
based_lee.png
133KB, 535x363px
>>898261
>>
>>893065
To be fair, I'm sure I'm not the only one who can hear an emphatic "Of course!" and be physically incapable of not hearing Bane.
>>
>>863941
unless its wing chun. You can lift but not before you acquire necessary softness of movement.
>>
>>858527
lmao
>>
File: muhgroundgame.gif (1021KB, 400x212px) Image search: [Google]
muhgroundgame.gif
1021KB, 400x212px
>>859315
>>
File: UFC 194 - McGregor vs ALDO.webm (2MB, 976x552px) Image search: [Google]
UFC 194 - McGregor vs ALDO.webm
2MB, 976x552px
>>859315
>Aldo is such a more well rounded fighter than McGregor
>Aldo has grappling
>McGregor doesn't have grappling
>Aldo is going to beat McGregor because McGregor doesn't have grappling and Aldo has grappling
>>
File: spear throat.jpg (119KB, 950x550px) Image search: [Google]
spear throat.jpg
119KB, 950x550px
Kung fu.
>>
>>857770
pocket sand fu
>>
>>899883
lmao enjoy your chinese crossfit
>>
>>857770
start training at a pro wrestling gym and supplement that with aikido
>>
>>900000
The quints have it, this man's right.
>>
File: 1397153435475.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1397153435475.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>900000
>>
File: Joe-son.jpg (21KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Joe-son.jpg
21KB, 500x400px
>>900000
>/asp/, the post
>>
>>900000

Is that you, Hiro?
>>
>>899980
I didn't know they taught crossfit to kids.
>>
>>900232
i don't really see how your lack of knowledge is any statement on this
>>
>>899883

That's not even a spear.
>>
File: bingo.jpg (18KB, 331x326px) Image search: [Google]
bingo.jpg
18KB, 331x326px
http://reddragonschoolofmartialarts.com/

McDojo or not? The Sifu seems to have credentials but my McDojo sense is tingling...
>>
>>900747
You work your way up to spears.
>>
>>901219
Looks like a good enough place to learn traditional CMA and not really anything about fighting
>>
>>857959
street fighting:
judo and boxing
wingchun if you're fucking tiny but only if you put ass much time into waterhands and stance work as you would as a boxer doing speed and footwork training...

end of discussion
>>
>>857770
you need a combo

bjj/wrestling/judo with muay thai
>>
>>858501
any fightan athlete who wants advice should be asking MMA coaches, they are hands down the best at conditioning training..

do you want to compete?
do you fight thai style ( old man style ) boxing?
or do you fight to break their dominate leg?
Or are you 8-arm KO master? All depends on your fighting style..
>>
>>859363
hahaha classic ASP fag never change asp
judo and wrestlin are the clear winners in street fights, if you don't get 1hko
>>
>>868602
eh ive been in this situation running did me no good bruh
if i did it again i would try to get it out of his hand...
>>
>>899854
>I have the knockout power of Conor mcgregor
>>
>>857770
Muay Thai for stand up(learning knees and elbows gives you an advantage in clinches), judo for throwing people(better than akido or wrasslin), and jujitsu for ground work.
>>
>>901796
Wrestling is better than judo
>>
File: mbtp.jpg (29KB, 211x238px) Image search: [Google]
mbtp.jpg
29KB, 211x238px
>>901796
>judo better than wrasslin
>>
>>902689
>>903211
Modern wrestling has lost too many of its shoot and Greco-Roman roots. It's now designed to transition into a ground game instead of ustilizing throws as a way to end a fight and relies too much on strength instead of physics.
>>
>>904634
That's because most people won't let you just lift them up and throw them. Throws are an easy way to get stuck and pinned. People also don't wear a gi that accelerates the throw.
>relies too much on strength
I can tell that you've never wrestled
>>
>>904634
And by the way, Greco Roman wrestling is still a thing and it was invented in the 19th century. The rules are about the same, so fuck off with "muh heritage" shit.
>>
>>857770
HEMA
>>
>>904634
Throws only end fights when the guy being thrown is a complete scrub and hits his head on the ground.
>>
>>904634
It's pretty obvious you don't know anything about wrestling, let alone have any experience in it.
>>
>>904634
>Greco-Roman
You mean French circus wrestling?

Also it's not a real good plan to try to end a fight with a throw, I mean, what are you gonna do, suplex the fuck out of them, risking homicide charges?
>>
>>913859
>You mean French circus wrestling?
Thought I was literally the only person on /asp/ who knew this
>>
>>918656
Wasnt it made by some ex Napoleonic soldier?
Thread posts: 201
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.