[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In regards to martial arts and self defense. I feel as if learning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1451236693014.gif (341KB, 280x359px) Image search: [Google]
1451236693014.gif
341KB, 280x359px
In regards to martial arts and self defense.
I feel as if learning one would be healthy and add something interesting to my life.
However, when used practically, I feel the best self defense would be to run away.
Despite this, I would jump on the opportunity to begin MMA if it wasn't for the likelihood of brain injuries...and the fact that I don't like hurting people (to the best of my knowledge).

Pretty much, I want to start something that will actually make me competent in a fight, that I can practice and grind my skills, and not get my head tossed around too much.
>>
>>856752
krav maga if you want self defense. You mightwant something else if it's just for fun though, and against a knife you're better off just complying or running anway.
>>
>>856753
yeah, exactly.
I guess I feel like it's important to be confident in a physical fight though.
Practicality is probably more valuable than having it just for fun, but to tell the truth, I might only have to use it maybe 2 times in my life.
>>
>>856752
>Pretty much, I want to start something that will actually make me competent in a fight, that I can practice and grind my skills, and not get my head tossed around too much.
Your best bet is to assemble your style from different arts.

Keep this in mind: Reflexes need to be trained under duress. Learning how to react is the most important thing.

But it doesn't need to be a ring fight. Stress drills also work.
Or this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epmin-BomkM
If you can find Balintawak in your area. It's one of the Philippino martial arts, also known as Arnis/Eskrima/Kali.

However, the art focuses on weapon-fighting, so you should also do some boxing (there are courses that don't do sparring and instead focus on fitness, with techniques being taught in a safer fashion) to complement it, maybe even some kickboxing.

For the full package, add some kind of grappling. Going into a grapple is a bad idea in a street fight, but you should know roughly how to handle it.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.