[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/asp/ motivation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 34

File: thisagain.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
thisagain.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
/asp/ motivation thread
>>
File: hi-jackie-chan-852.jpg (150KB, 300x345px) Image search: [Google]
hi-jackie-chan-852.jpg
150KB, 300x345px
You must be ferocious, vicious, and overwhelming,like fire. When you put fire in a cup, it engulfs the cup, When you put fire in a forest, it conquers the forest. Become stronger, bigger, and faster than what it is you wish to consume.

the world is yours to devour, be like fire my friend.
>>
File: index.jpg (4KB, 284x160px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 284x160px
You must be swift as the coursing river
With all the force of a great typhoon
With all the strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon
>>
>>853547
>“If you want to obtain the secrets of such wonderful techniques, drill yourself, harden yourself, undergo severe training, abandon body and mind; follow this course for years and you will naturally reach the profoundest levels. To know if water is hot or cold you must taste it yourself.” - Yamaoka Tesshu
>>
File: Uesugi_kenshin_armor.jpg (174KB, 672x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Uesugi_kenshin_armor.jpg
174KB, 672x1024px
>>853547
>"Fate is in Heaven, the armor is on the breast, success is with the legs. Go to the battlefield firmly confident of victory, and you will come home with no wounds whatever. Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death. When you leave the house determined not to see it again you will come home safely; when you have any thought of returning you will not return. You may not be in the wrong to think that the world is always subject to change, but the warrior must not entertain this way of thinking, for his fate is always determined." - Uesugi Kenshin
>>
File: mencius.jpg (125KB, 750x894px) Image search: [Google]
mencius.jpg
125KB, 750x894px
>>853547
>"I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger."
~ Mencius
>>
>>853547
>"“The primary thing when you take a sword in your hands is your intention to cut the enemy, whatever the means. Whenever you parry, hit, spring, strike or touch the enemy's cutting sword, you must cut the enemy in the same movement. It is essential to attain this. If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him.”
>― Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
>>
File: hagakure.jpg (654KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hagakure.jpg
654KB, 1500x1000px
>>853547
>"It is written that the priest Shungaku said, "In just refusing to retreat from something one gains the strength of two men." This is interesting., Yamamoto Tsunetomo, The Hagakure

>"If one's sword is broken, he will strike with his hands. If his hands
are cut off, he will press the enemy down with his shoulders. If his
shoulders are cut away, he will bite through ten or fifteen enemy necks
with his teeth. Courage is such a thing --YamamotoTsunetomo, >Hagakure
>>
File: tran hung dao.jpg (20KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
tran hung dao.jpg
20KB, 240x320px
>>853547
>"In the face of these dangers to the Fatherland, I fail to eat during the day and to sleep at night. Tears roll down my cheeks and my heart bleeds as if it were being cut to shreds. I tremble with anger because I cannot eat our enemy's flesh, lie down in his skin, chew up his liver, and drink his blood. I would gladly surrender my life a thousand times on the field of battle if I could do these things." –Tran Hung Dao

And now, you remain calm when your emperor is humiliated; you remain indifferent when your country is threatened! You, officers, are forced to serve the barbarians and you feel no shame! You hear the music played for their ambassadors and you do not leap up in anger. No, you amuse yourselves at the cockfights, in gambling, in the possession of your gardens and rice fields, and in the tranquility of family life... if the enemy comes, will your cocks' spurs be able to pierce his armor? Will the ruses you use in your games of chance be of use in repulsing him? Will the love of your wives and children be of any use in the Army? Your money would neither suffice to buy the enemy's death, your alcohol to besot him, nor your music to deafen him.
All of us, you and I together, would then be taken prisoner... And not only would I lose my fief, but your property too would fall into enemy hands. It would not be my family alone that would be driven out, but your wives and children would also be reduced to slavery. It would not be only the graves of my ancestors that would be trampled under the invader's heel, but those of your ancestors would also be violated. I would be humiliated in this life and in a hundred others to come, and my name would be ignominiously tarnished. Your family's honor would also be sullied forever with the shame of your defeat. Tell me: Could you then indulge yourselves in pleasures?
- Speech to his General Staff prior to the Mongol Invasion of Vietnam

>- Tran Hung Dao
>>
File: bartonwright.jpg (47KB, 441x599px) Image search: [Google]
bartonwright.jpg
47KB, 441x599px
>>853547
>"I have always been interested in the arts of self-defence and I learned various methods including boxing, wrestling, fencing, savate, and the use of the stiletto under recognised masters, and by engaging toughs I trained myself until I was satisfied in practical application."
>- E. Barton-Wright as interviewed by Gunji Koizumi, "Facts and History," Budokwai Quarterly Bulletin, July 1950
>>
File: Marcus Aurelius.jpg (95KB, 795x596px) Image search: [Google]
Marcus Aurelius.jpg
95KB, 795x596px
>>853547
>"You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

>""Now departure from the world of men is nothing to fear, if gods exist: because they would not involve you in any harm. If they do not exist, or if they have no care for humankind, then what is life to me in a world devoid of gods, or devoid of providence? But they do exist, and they do care for humankind: and they have put it absolutely in man's power to avoid falling into the true kinds of harm."
—Marcus Aurelius, Meditations 2.11
>>
File: Pechin1.jpg (89KB, 604x722px) Image search: [Google]
Pechin1.jpg
89KB, 604x722px
>>853547
>“[Karate] is not intended to be used against a single opponent but instead as a way of avoiding injury by using the hands and feet should one by any chance be confronted by a villain or ruffian”. – Anko Itosu

>"“Nothing is more harmful to the world than a martial art that is not effective in actual self-defense.” – Choki Motobu

>“Our teachers did not give us a clear explanation of the kata from old times. I must find the features and meaning of each form by my own study and effort, by repeating the exercises of form through training.” – Tsuyoshi Chitose

>“Spirit first, technique second.” – Gichin Funakoshi
>>
File: Regent_of_Lew_Chew.jpg (115KB, 457x639px) Image search: [Google]
Regent_of_Lew_Chew.jpg
115KB, 457x639px
>>853547
>"No matter how you excel in the art of “Ti” (Okinawan precursor to Karate), and in your scholastic endeavors, nothing is more important than your behavior and humanity as observed in daily life.” – Junsoku Uekata (Confucian scholar), written in 1683
>>
File: large_4226_Abraveman-12-x18-600.jpg (99KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
large_4226_Abraveman-12-x18-600.jpg
99KB, 500x334px
>>853547
>Lawson (1967:44) describes warriors performing with atassa warclubs, which he calls "falchions", at a feast given on the occasion of a visit by an ambassador from a neighboring tribe:
>“Presently in came fine men dress'd up with feathers, their faces being covered with Vizards made of Gourds; round their Ancles and Knees, were hung Bells of several sorts, having Wooden Falchions [atassa warclubs] in their Hands, (such as Stage-Fencers commonly use in this Dress they danced about an Hour, shewing many strange Gestures, and brandishing their Wooden Weapons, as if they were going to fight each other; oftentimes walking very nimbly around the Room, without making the least Noise with their Bells, (a thing I much admired at); again, turning their Bodies, Arms and Legs, into such frightful Postures, that you would have guess'd they had been quite raving mad: At last, they cut two or three high Capers [leaps], and left the room.”
>"...these Indians are as agile and as good fighters as can be found among all the nations of the world."
>(Bourne 1904:II, 5)
>>
File: t003.jpg (274KB, 826x1200px) Image search: [Google]
t003.jpg
274KB, 826x1200px
>>853547
>>
File: t004.jpg (288KB, 827x1200px) Image search: [Google]
t004.jpg
288KB, 827x1200px
>>858194
>>
File: t005.jpg (169KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
t005.jpg
169KB, 825x1200px
>>858195
>>
>>853547
>Thucydides : "The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."
>>
>>853547
>“The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.”
― Thucydides

>“For the whole earth is the tomb of famous men; not only are they commemorated by columns and inscriptions in their own country, but in foreign lands there dwells also an unwritten memorial of them, graven not on stone but in the hearts of men. Make them your examples, and, esteeming courage to be freedom and freedom to be happiness, do not weigh too nicely the perils of war."

>[Funeral Oration of Pericles]”
>― Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War
>>
File: socrates.jpg (39KB, 495x593px) Image search: [Google]
socrates.jpg
39KB, 495x593px
>>853547
>"I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler."
> -Socrates
>>
File: Socrates2.jpg (110KB, 288x350px) Image search: [Google]
Socrates2.jpg
110KB, 288x350px
>>858206
>"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
>- Socrates
>>
>Experience is only as credible as how it's interpreted
>>
fucking noobs get on my level

>“Fear is the greatest obstacle to learning in any area, but particularly in boxing. For example, boxing is something you learn through repetition. You do it over and over and suddenly you’ve got it. …However, in the course of trying to learn, if you get hit and get hurt, this makes you cautious, and when you’re cautious you can’t repeat it, and when you can’t repeat it, it’s going to delay the learning process…When they…come up to the gym and say I want to be a fighter, the first thing I’d do was talk to them about fear…I would always use…the same example of the deer crossing an open field and upon approaching the clearing suddenly instinct tells him danger is there, and nature begins the survival process, which involves the body releasing adrenalin into the bloodstream, causing the heart to beat faster and enabling the deer to perform extraordinarily feats of agility and strength…It enables the deer to get out of range of the danger, helps him escape to the safety of the forest across the clearing…an example in which fear is your friend.
The thing a kid in the street fears the most is to be called yellow or chicken, and sometimes a kid will do the most stupid, wild, crazy things just to hide how scared he is. I often tell them that while fear is such an obnoxious thing, an embarrassing thing…nevertheless it is your friend, because anytime anyone saves your life perhaps a dozen times a day, no matter what how obnoxious he is, you’ve got to look upon him as a friend, and this is what fear is…Since nature gave us fear in order to help us survive, we cannot look upon it as an enemy. Just think how many times a day a person would die if he had no fear. He’d walk in front of cars, he’d die a dozen times a day. Fear is a protective mechanism….By talking to the fighters about fear I cut the learning time maybe as much as half, sometimes more, depending on the individual.”
>>
>>858440
>“The next thing I do, I get them in excellent condition….Knowing how the mind is and the tricks it plays on a person and how an individual will always look to avoid a confrontation with something that is intimidating, I remove all possible excuses they’re going to have before they get in there. By getting them in excellent condition, they can’t say when they get tired that they’re not in shape. When they’re in excellent shape I put them into the ring to box for the first time, usually with an experience fighter who won’t take advantage of them. When the novice throws punches and nothing happens, and his opponent keeps coming at him…the new fighter becomes panicky. When he gets panicky he wants to quit, but he can’t quit because his whole psychology from the time he’s first been in the streets is to condemn a person who’s yellow. So what does he do? He gets tired. This is what happens to fighters in the ring. They get tired. This is what happens to fighters in the ring. They get tired, because they’re getting afraid….Now that he gets tired, people can’t call him yellow. He’s just too “tired” to go on. But let that same fighter strike back wildly with a visible effect on the opponent and suddenly that tired, exhausted guy becomes a tiger….It’s a psychological fatigue, that’s all it is. But people in boxing don’t understand that.”
>>
>>858087
Wow, someone here actually knows who Yamaoka Tesshu is
>>
>>858440
Fear is just a stupid and paranoid friend who can't begin to comprehend very basic complex situations.
He's so mentally retarded that he should've been killed in the womb, and he's so paranoid that he belongs in a psych ward.
>>
File: FEAR-IS-THE-MIND-KILLER.jpg (37KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR-IS-THE-MIND-KILLER.jpg
37KB, 630x630px
>>858557
>I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.,
>-Dune
>>
File: motivational.jpg (44KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
motivational.jpg
44KB, 640x640px
>"If there is effort, there is always accomplishment."
>Kano Jigoro
>>
File: motivational_2.jpg (257KB, 587x2241px) Image search: [Google]
motivational_2.jpg
257KB, 587x2241px
>"Your enemy is not a God. When you are scared, so is he."
>Mas Oyama
>>
File: c133.18.jpg (123KB, 728x1072px) Image search: [Google]
c133.18.jpg
123KB, 728x1072px
>>853547
>>
File: p134.07.jpg (143KB, 728x1059px) Image search: [Google]
p134.07.jpg
143KB, 728x1059px
>>864028
>>
File: p134.11.jpg (147KB, 728x1077px) Image search: [Google]
p134.11.jpg
147KB, 728x1077px
>>864029
>>
File: p134.12.jpg (158KB, 728x1061px) Image search: [Google]
p134.12.jpg
158KB, 728x1061px
>>864031
>>
File: p134.14.jpg (158KB, 728x1083px) Image search: [Google]
p134.14.jpg
158KB, 728x1083px
>>864036
>>
File: p134.15.jpg (146KB, 728x1080px) Image search: [Google]
p134.15.jpg
146KB, 728x1080px
>>864039
>>
>>864028
Context? What is this?
>>
>>864503
Holyland, one of the best martial arts manga out there
>>
File: p017.jpg (168KB, 869x1263px) Image search: [Google]
p017.jpg
168KB, 869x1263px
>>853547
>>
File: p018.jpg (303KB, 869x1265px) Image search: [Google]
p018.jpg
303KB, 869x1265px
>>865760
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>"Never Give Up"-John Cena
>>
File: jb_s_v010_p035.jpg (277KB, 854x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jb_s_v010_p035.jpg
277KB, 854x1200px
>>853547
>>
File: 027.png (680KB, 700x1013px) Image search: [Google]
027.png
680KB, 700x1013px
>>853547
From Kouya Ni Kemono Doukokusu
>>
>>865762
I actually repeat this to myself everyday, this and the "I can, I will" from ramen reigns

I'm not even joking
>>
File: 028.png (653KB, 700x1007px) Image search: [Google]
028.png
653KB, 700x1007px
>>865784
>>
>I was running with Bruce and I was getting tired, and he told me I should die, and then I ran some more
John Little
>>
>>853547
Greatest martial artist of all the time. The embodiment of perfection IMO
>>
>>866649
Yeah, Bruce Lee was a great martial artist, though, whether or not he's the best is debatable.
>>
>>866652
>>866649
Oh boy, here we go.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.