[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Longboarding Thread General -- /LTG/ #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

Welcome to the Longboarding General thread!

We'll have a Raw start, Suggestions will be appreciated.

>What the fuck is a Longboard?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longboard_(skateboard)

Longboards are focused on speed (downhill style) and agility while standing on the board (Dancing). Some Skateboard tricks can be done on a longboard too, however it may require a tougher board, or "Flex"

Wear your fucking helmet.
>>
>Wear your fucking helmet.

AYE!

Don't be a fucking retard. Skate with a helmet, and save yourself from becoming retarded.

Also, OP, longboards are also used for long-distance skating. Stiffer boards with bigger, softer wheels.
>>
Just got a landyachtz switch 40 as my first ever board ever. Wat do?
I want to be like OP's picture. Wat do?
>>
I was skated streets when I was you. Never did hill bombs on longboard. For street helmet is not really needed. With hill bombing a helmet is not optional. Going that fast is a good way to get killed.
>>
Also it is best to bomb late at night when there is little to no traffic. In either case you need a spotter to make sure hills or clear or you will die. Start small and build confidence slowly. No need to go to Cali and jump off a fucking mountain first attempt.
>>
>>852927
Practice practice practice
>>
File: Abec.png (691KB, 806x932px) Image search: [Google]
Abec.png
691KB, 806x932px
So hey guys.

I want to start longboarding, but the only boards I can afford do not support my weight (75kg, while they are recommended to people up to 70kg.) They are pic related, Left one being the most expensive.

Should i try to get one? I fear they would break.
>>
This isn't wrestling, go to /toy/.
>>
File: lel.jpg (55KB, 991x902px) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
55KB, 991x902px
>>853998
>Alternative sports
>wrestling
>>
Really interested in giving this a go. Also for transport reasons for doing things around town and visiting friends. I live in the southern nub of Australia, anyone got any experience buying a board from around here?
>>
File: Street.jpg (93KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Street.jpg
93KB, 500x500px
>>852703
Thanks i'll remember to improve the thread, with more information on longboards and safety. Or, if something does it on #2 instead of me, please remember to edit.

>>852982
Also careful while doing it at night, you'll mostly end dead, have a nice spotter.

Where i live there's fucking cool streets (pic related), i like to go there like 3am. However the few cars that are on the street are drunk idiots and will surely kill you if you don't pay attention.
>>
>>854006
>Alternative sports and wrestling
Learn to read stonerplank faggot
>>
>>854010
Wow that street looks like it has lots of potential. Is the surface of the street reasonable? Mostly free from large pebbles etc? If you're hitting the higher speeds 35 mph or greater it should be closely looked at.
>>
>>853996
My advice is do NOT try big hills and upper speed limits with a cheaper inferior long board. Invest in some decent gloves and a reasonable comfortable helmet for upper speed limits as well. General advice, the faster you want to go the better your gear and planning should be.
>>
>>854546
A huge must for longboards is being able to stop. Foot breaking can only do so much. No matter how fast your going know how to stop. There's always a chance of some dick car to appear or shit road.
>>
>>854546
>>854728
Thank you so much!
>>
Carving is the first basic speed control you should learn. Just watch out for them Speedwobs. Keeping most your weight on your front foot should help when bombin hills.
>>
File: 334529.jpg (155KB, 1250x805px) Image search: [Google]
334529.jpg
155KB, 1250x805px
Slack lining is an amazing way to improve balance and body awareness which helps skating and especially helps out stand up slides
>>
>>857724
Great advice! Thank you. Where do you buy those line/ strap, tight rope type thing?
>>
it just started snowing here so the longboarding season has officially ended for me...

feelsbadman.avi
>>
i'm also looking to buy some slippery wheels for the next season any recommendations?
currently i'm looking at:
CULT CLASSICS 70MM 80A
CULT CENTRIFUGE CS 71MM 83A
ABEC 11 CENTERSET FREERIDE 72MM 84A

also what does CS and SG mean?
>>
>>858584
you could try boss hawgs, or blood orange reds? those are quite good from experience
>>
Just ride. if you wanna go fast ride every damn day until youre hitting 45 with ease. literally you have to be saitama with a DH board. always be riding, even if tou fucking eat shit get that bitch ass up and skate again
>>
File: chaep longboard.png (224KB, 552x484px) Image search: [Google]
chaep longboard.png
224KB, 552x484px
After years of skate i'm going to buy a longboard. Is longboarding harder than skateboarding? I want something that will take me to places. I don't like bicycles.

Also, Pic is the cheapest longboard i found in local store (something like $73). Any problem on getting a longboard this price? What should i know?
>>
>>860047
the bearings are probably gonna be shit.
get some bones reds with it.
>>
Luv long boarding!!!
>>
>>858565
Know those feels man
>>
>>860047
it's possible that the trucks and bushings may be a bit shite too
>>
>>860563
and this
but you can get some paris trucks for like 40 bucks a pair, and they have solid bushings
>>
longboard webm?
>>
too bad longboarding is for faggots
>>
File: 1299935963947.jpg (28KB, 390x469px) Image search: [Google]
1299935963947.jpg
28KB, 390x469px
>>864520
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.