Gif related is a perfect example...
We all know about The Rock's 'This Is Your Life' segment, Edge and Christian with kazoos, Goldust and Booker T, etc…this thread is about lesser-known funny moments that some of us might have missed (botches included). Try to link videos where possible...
Was inspired to make this thread after I recently watched the R-Truth/Kane segment, where Truth mistakenly thought he was in the MITB match
- Once during a segment, Booker T, Eddie Guerrero and Undertaker all challenged JBL for his WWE title. JBL told them "For the last time, I'm not wrestling any of you! Do I have to say it in hip hop? Do I have to say it in Spanish? Do I have to say it in monster?" I giggled like a bitch after that line….
- Whenever Chris Masters came out for his entrance, Lawler and Coach would suddenly tell JR to hush up, then after Masters did his poses sometimes they would be making noises like he was turning them on or something, like "Watch this….oh…..oh yes…..wow…."
- There was a show on UPN that showed bloopers from the shows on that network, including Smackdown. One blooper showed Edge and Cena talking in a room, with Rey Mysterio in the background quietly doing pull-ups on a shelf. Then the shelf breaks, Rey busts his ass and Edge suddenly walks off laughing
- One time in WCW, just before a Hacksaw Jim Duggan match was supposed to start, Tony Schiavone called Duggan a "very intelligent man". Heenan hears this and does nothing but laugh his ass off for the rest of Duggan's match, and Schiavone had to do the commentary for the match solo between Heenan's laughter
- On Raw: Carlito and Chris Masters execute their genius plan to trap Kane in a room backstage by putting a forklift to the room's door, then taking the forklift key so nobody can move it. Big Show later sees this and tries his hardest to move the forklift from the door to free Kane. While doing this, Kane walks up behind him from outta nowhere and asks him what he's doing. Show sees him, his face is like wtf, and he asks Kane how the hell he got out of the room. Kane tells him the room has another door in the back. Cut to Carlito and Masters in the ring looking stupid as hell, and the crowd is laughing
-The "Not Now" fan who was talking to Lesnar after Big Show shoved him out of the ring (at the 2:06 mark)
- When Del Rio knocked down Santa in his car….the tree falling on Santa right after the hit was what got me
- After trying to date her for a while, Chyna finally accepts Mark Henry's offer for a date. Henry then has the biggest grin on his face, and immediately drops to the mat and rolls around in the ring in excitement like a big, happy walrus
- At the start of a Stone Cold/Biker Undertaker match, this happened:
- Michael Cole's greatest call, after the Rock Rock Bottomed the British Bulldog into dog shit:
- Cena and A-Train walking to the ring together for a tag match….in the middle of a freestyle rap, Cena calls A-Train his wookie…A-Train almost turns on him
I remember a match a long time ago between La Resistance and the Dudley Boyz (or maby it was DX?) where one of the 'french' guys picked up the smaller guy and threw him out of the ring.
He was supposed to land on the table outside, but instead it got fucked up and he smacked his head on the corner of the table.
For just a very, very brief moment, La Resistance broke character and were like
>OH FUCK is he alright?
then as soon as he got back to his feet
>HAHA SERVES YOU RIGHT, DUMB AMERICANS HAHAH ect
- I think it was a Wrestlemania match where JBL was in the ring, and he threw a trash can out of the ring to hit Hornswoggle…the way Hornswoggle got hit and how he fell was hilarious
- Ahmed Johnson's recorded promos for the WWF Warzone game
- Big Show swinging Rey Mysterio into the ring post while Rey was still strapped to a stretcher
- Michael Cole and Tazz's commentary when Boogeyman ate Jillian's mole off her face...they acted like he decapitated her or something
- Kenzo Suzuki's geisha wife telling him with a Japanese accent that her milkshake "brings all the boys to the yard"
- I can't find the full video, but the Hogan/Giant angle at Halloween Havoc where the Giant fell off the building. Afterwards, the commentators are showing concern, and Heenan asked which side of the building he fell off, the side close to the ground or the side close to the river. Then someone (I think it was Tony Schiavone)
said it didn't make a difference which side he fell off of. Heenan just stares at the guy, and then does the slowest, most dramatic facepalm I've ever seen anyone do
This may be the worst promo ever, but just think about everything it represents. Especially gif related. Just look at that fucking face. He knows he's winning the rumble and that there's not a damn thing we can do about it.
Batista - "I hate you, too!"
"I'm from Winnipeg, you idiot!"
At 5:30 - "There's no bell to ring!"
> Miz and Morrison having fun with Festus and the bell
> Kofi forgetting to use his Jamaican accent during a segment and HHH calling him out for it
> This Triple H/Rock promo that goes from being intense, to awkward because their faces are too close
> During Mick Foley's first WWF title win, the Corporation's by the entrance way pissed off about the fact that he won; Shane just randomly starts screaming in Foley's direction and yelling how he hates him (at 3:23)
> Charlie Haas accidentally knocks down Lilian Garcia while doing an Ultimate Warrior style entrance
> Sheamus running from the Nexus; It killed any chance of him being seen as a legit threat but it was hilarious (near the end of the video)
> HBK's entrance attire gets stuck on the ramp during his entrance
> Victoria's sumo wrestler costume during a Divas Battle Royal (at 0:52)
> Lesnar: "Let's….do…..THIS?!"
Can't find the video, but there's a clip of the Rock coming out to cut a promo on Mankind, and his voice just completely goes on him. Every sentence ends up in a dry squeak. Rock was trying to keep his intense, frowny face on, but that just wasn't happening. Mankind was cracking up in the ring, big shit-eating toothless grin slapped across his face.
>It must be puberty.
One of my favorite running gags in WWE was the APA backstage segments where they'd be sitting at a table backstage drinking and playing cards, and there was this random door they had standing up across the table that wasn't connected to any wall or anything. They always treated that door as if walking through it was the only way to get 'inside' to the table to talk to them. I remember one time Faarooq was at the table, JBL was knocking on the door 'outside' because the door was locked, and Faarooq told him to use the key. JBL then walked around the door to get the key that was hung up on the back, then he walked back 'outside' to the front to open the door with the key and walked 'inside' through it. It was silly but it got me to laugh
There was a hardcore match involving I think Road Dogg, and someone else (Al Snow? Stave Blackman? maybe Val Venis?). I'm about 90% sure Road Dogg was one of the wrestlers. Anyway, eventually the fight ends up outside the arena. After that, at some point they both suddenly stopped fighting, then they both talked about how it was too damn cold outside and they agreed to go back indoors together, like they suddenly became best friends or something. Shit was funny as hell but I haven't been able to find that clip in years
Booker T had so many little moments like these:
The faces he made during his coronation when he officially became King Booker. Especially the sincere, overwhelmed-with-emotion faces that he was making after he sat in the throne and saw his adoring subjects. I can't even describe his face properly, you have to see it to get why it was funny (you can see a little bit of it in his titantron)
There was a backstage promo between him and Batista, when he went up to Batista and at the end of whatever line he was saying, he suddenly yelled out right in Batista's face "Keeeeeng………BHUKAAH!!" in that funny fake English accent. You could see Batista trying his hardest not to laugh after that
And then there was his explanation after Cole accused him of being a follower for walking out on Triple H along with everyone else
>- Ahmed Johnson's recorded promos for the WWF Warzone game
Can't remember what night/segment it was but it was during the time when Big Show and Kane were a tag team
They were in the ring together when the lights cut out, and Undertaker's gong hits. Lights come back on and Taker's in the ring behind both of them. Show laughs at first because he doesn't see Taker on the ramp so he thinks he's not there, but Kane slowly shakes his head because he knows better and he senses Taker in the ring
They both slowly turn and see Taker. Instead of fighting, Kane then has a look on his face like "fuck this shit" and he casually leaves the ring and walks up the ramp, leaving a scared Big Show alone to deal with Taker himself. Show just stands there watching Kane leave, with a look on his face like "wtf dude I need some help here"
I let out the biggest laugh because I didn't see that coming
omg the King Booker phase was so fucking underrated for random funny moments.....his constant use of the Queen's English whenever he was calm, then he'd revert to ebonics street thug Booker T whenever he got pissed....how he used to call Jerry Lawler 'Jerome' and Tazz 'Taswell'....that gimmick was fucking gold
>After trying to date her for a while, Chyna finally accepts Mark Henry's offer for a date. Henry then has the biggest grin on his face, and immediately drops to the mat and rolls around in the ring in excitement like a big, happy walrus
The actual date was fucking hilarious too
Funniest part was when Mark gave D'Lo Brown his chauffeur outfit, to drive him and Chyna around in a limo
D'Lo's reaction to that was funny. He was pissed, but he still drove them anyway. That's a true friend
Didn't fully lurk the thread so this could be a repost, but, did anyone notice that after the Three Stages of Hell match between Triple H and Stone Cold at No Way Out 2001, Triple H is laying on Stone Cold. After a few moments, what looks to be an unopened can of beer fucking beams Stone Cold square in the dome piece.
This was also oddly reenacted in WWE 2K16, without the can, skip to 8:50
The Rock and Triple H were fighting against Benoit and Angle outside the ring, and at one point Triple H grabbed either Angle or Benoit and slammed his head on the announce table...then Rock did the same thing to the other one, to try to one-up Triple H. Next thing you know, both Rock and Triple H are repeatedly bouncing poor Angle and Benoit's heads off the announce table one after the other, like it was a contest between them...
Michael Cole's sit-down interviews have a few funny moments like these
Here's Paul Heyman's reaction to Cole being sensitive about Heyman calling him a 'thing'
Here's Cole interviewing Rollins and later Lesnar.....watch what happens from 4:23 to 5:50
>The Rock hitting Triple H with a poster, and Triple sells it
>King accidentally using profanity on commentary
>Michael Cole spells "QUIT" wrong
>Taker letting out a weird noise against Brock
>Seth Rollins screws up his line
>Chinese Triple H
> The "Not Now" fan who was talking to Lesnar after Big Show shoved him out of the ring (at the 2:06 mark)
This reminds me of the black fans who were getting hyped up when Joey Styles started shoving and hitting Lawler before his worked shoot
You can see them behind Lawler and Styles at 3:30
There were a lot of underrated fan moments that were easy to miss
Remember this as a child, watching a King Cobra bite a man on actual television. At the time I thought it was fake, and therefore funny. but now i see it is a real snake with its fangs removed.
Ernest 'The Cat' Miller and his hypeman who had a ridiculously fake afro wig, both entered the ring during the Royal Riumble and start dancing to The Cat's entrance music instead of eliminating the wrestlers in the ring
I believe it was Chris Benoit and someone else who then eliminated The Cat, then when they attempted to eliminate his hype man by grabbing him by the head, they accidentally grabbed his afro wig and quickly threw it out of the ring, before finally grabbing the guy and throwing him out. I remember the commentators mentioning how the wig got eliminated, and I almost choked from laughing so damn hard
William Regal is one of the funniest guys in the WWE.
>covers his watch as Cryme Tyme come in
>that smile at Vince
> There were a lot of underrated fan moments that were easy to miss
A lot of people remember the 'Miz Girl' who frowned...but if you looked at the upper left corner of the screen as they announced Miz as the winner (3:30 in the link), you can see this fat kid in a Miz shirt spazzing the absolute FUCK out...I miss being able to mark out like that
I can't believe nobody mentioned Vince and Shane's Rocky-style training session for the Royal Rumble
Vince chasing the chicken had me rolling
There was also a part where Shane tried to get Vince to drink eggs....the look on Vince's face just before he drank the eggs cracked me up
All the post-Raw stuff involving Rock and/or Austin is amazing
The GOAT is of course the Takeroonie