[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parkour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 33

File: parkour.jpg (20KB, 494x517px) Image search: [Google]
parkour.jpg
20KB, 494x517px
Parkour general thread. How's your training been lately?
Post your clips, get props. Post your questions, get tips.
There are some experienced parkour guys here on /asp/ who can help you out.

FAQ:
I'm X weight Y height, can I do parkour?
Do it! Yes you can! Anything is possible!

How to start?
Find people in your area who train. Facebook groups usually. Just go out with some people and try out some jumps.

Is parkour dangerous?
You choose all the risks you take. If you take care you will not get hurt. Most people only get the occasional scrape or bruise.
You're most prone to injuries as a beginner. It's a time in your life when you learn lots of new things quickly and it goes straight to your head. So keep it cool.

How to minimize risks?
Always check the environment before doing jumps. Might be a broken bottle or a nail sticking out somewhere. Check the structural integrity of the obstacles. That fence might not be strong enough to support your weight. Check everything, test everything.

Most important movements to train?
Check this gif collection to get started:
http://imgur.com/a/wvy4W

Rolling hurts?
Yes is does, because you're doing it wrong. After 10,000 repetitions it doesn't hurt anymore. It's one of those techniques that you just have to grind out, there's no shortcuts.

How to get stronger for parkour?
Most common body weight or calisthenics exercises are tried and true. Squats, push ups, pull ups, plyometrics. There are lots of guides for these. You can also get stronger by simply repeating some parkour movements.

Good shoes?
Start with minimalist shoes. Thin sole, zero heel to toe drop, flexible materials. Feiyue and Merrell's barefoot models are popular. Thick soled running shoes can ruin your ground sensitivity and balance. But if you really desire more padding on your foot, try Adistar Racer, Puma Faas 300, Ollo.

Good pants?
Cheap XXXL sweats. Slazenger is popular. Etre Fort are great but IMO not as great as buying 10 pairs of a cheaper brand.
>>
>>728912
What's actually the difference between wearing XXXL sweats and smaller ones?
I always wear the bigger ones because everyone does but is there any real point apart from it looking cool?
>>
>>729231

No difference really. Wear what you think is best. Could be argued that the best pants performance-wise would be skin tight compression pants.

I prefer big pants because they hide my ass. Don't have to worry about my big round ass sticking out whenever I'm in some kind of a squat pose.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk05tRiLnak
>>
>>729258
Please tell me more about this "big round ass" of yours?
>>
>>729524

It's a result of 10 years squatting and plyos.
No homo.
>>
Getting back into things and have a club meeting coming up this next sunday! Starting to feel really pumped up to teach some people the basics and get them interested in doing parkour.

Any tips i guess for getting people 'on the fence' to decide to stick with it after a trial run?
>>
>>729897

Open the session by demonstrating some high level stuff. Like before you start drilling rolls, show them some wicked dive roll through a flaming hoop, and tell them they'll be able to do the same thing after a while.
>>
>>730155
anon pls, I have no flaming hoopz
>>
>>730509
>Not having Flaming Hoops
Come on Minn. You even train?

Also, Training while sick? Been sick all weekend and it sucks. Can hardly jump. Basic jumps and movement are painful. and its horrible. The gains are real today boys
>>
>>730835

Don't train when you are sick.

Training after a break can be tough. After a 2 week trip to Japan, I came home to find I had totally lost my touch, especially in precision jumps. Maybe it was the long flights or just the lack of physical activity.
I found barefoot to be the answer to get the touch back quickly. Slow the movement down and scale it back, just doing tiny stuff barefoot. Somehow it got me in contact with my inner monkey again.
>>
>>730961
I'm going to actually spend a week finding sources to say that training while you are sick is beneficial.

This will include all arts.
>>
This also needs a bump
>>
Hard day of training today.
2 hours indoors + 3 hours outdoors + walking about 10km in between.
>>
>>728912
>How's your training been lately?
I've been doing some hiking in the woods, not as exciting and fast paced, but it's not bad.
The woods are beautiful, full of plant and insect life (nice diversity), I occasionally see some mammals and avian life forms relatively up close, maybe hear some frogs.
The obstacles are usually just the occasional fallen tree(or)log(or)branch (depending on the obstacle, it can be stepped or hopped over, or vaulted), steep drops and raises in elevation, and uneven ground, but getting through paths with sticker bushes takes time and coordination.
>>
Is anyone from Adelaide doing parkour?
>>
>>728912
>How's your training been lately?

I've managed to roll without popping off pieces of back and spine on a wooden floor regularly enough.

Then I saw elementary school kids doing vault and flips on a commercial.

Then I quit this shit again.
>>
File: kipup.png (691KB, 697x474px) Image search: [Google]
kipup.png
691KB, 697x474px
I just cant lift my legs high enough to do a vault or kip up. How do I train to accomplish this?
>>
>>733246
There are generally 3 main factors to performing these maneuvers:
>technique
>flexibility
>strength

Identify which one(s) are contributing most to your inability to perform these movements, and then train accordingly.

Personally, my lack of upper body strength has been holding me back in a few places.
>>
>>733282
I got the technique side down I think since I know what I'm supposed to be doing so it's just my flexibiliy and strength. I have no idea what progressions to do though
>>
>>733417
For getting your hips up, I suggest finding a wall you can comfortably place your hands on, then just practice jumping and raising your hips as much as you can.
>>
Any parkour teachers / coaches / instructors in here?

I started a local club with 2 other guys, this is our 3rd year operating and we have about 200 students. I teach 7 hours a week. AMA.
>>
>>734455
I've taught some family and friends Parkour, nothing professional though.
>>
>>734455
How many instructors are available, and how do you manage 200 students with that amount of instructors?
Also, what's your gym/club area like?
>>
>>734457

4 guys now teaching, 1-2 for a training session depending on it's size. We can manage it quite well. We have groups almost every day of the week.

We use school gymnasiums, same as other sports clubs that don't have their privately owned space. i.e. dance, volleyball, some martial arts... We ask city council to only book as to gyms that have ok gymnastics equipment, and usually they oblige.
>>
bump to keep this alive
>>
Hi guys, General question:
When you do a parkour roll, how far sideways do you roll?

Is shoulder to shoulder too much?
>>
File: images.jpg (45KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
45KB, 248x203px
>>737664

Shoulder to opposite glute.
>>
I have 10 years of parkour, now i am only doing some street workout, i am 26 and the people training are 14, 16... some times i go out to train alone.
>>
>>737692
There's one vertebra sticking out exactly in that path that I always roll over
Any advice?
>>
God it's been a minute. Got distracted with life and never got around to proving that dude wrong. I'll get back to that eventually(Read Never)

>>734455
I "Instruct" and I've filled in. But I'm not a "teacher". I find it hard to accept payment to teach something I feel everyone should know, if they want to learn. I just tell people to come out with me, and then do as I do. Most days if it's someone new, I go over Ukemi, and then the basic movement. If they truly want to learn, They'll continue from that and join me as I go out. Considering, I've maybe only had one person out of that about 40ish some odd over the years keep training.
>>737511
You're gonna need to go deeper on your name
>>737976
I mean, Considering the type of roll, Which shoulder, and the material of which I'm rolling on, My rolls are all different. But refer to the OP. You have to grind it out. Also, make a video and post it here.
>>
>>737976

yes there is. Keep training and eventually it will not be a problem anymore. Your technique will improve, that part of your back will harden, and maybe you get more muscle in your back that acts as a cushion.
>>
>be doing some off-trail hiking on hills/mountains
>go up a small/dried out stream
>slow movement stuff
>bunch of boulders and fallen logs/trees
>muh climbing and Parkour skills
>be at top before just a climb that requires equipment or potentially face some serious safety issues
>go back down
>still walking-paced, but
>muh drops
>muh vaults
>muh precision jumps
>muh nature Parkour
>>
File: DSCI0524.jpg (296KB, 1200x534px) Image search: [Google]
DSCI0524.jpg
296KB, 1200x534px
>>738067

Reminds me of my best training day ever.
>Thailand, hot season
>visiting island that's popular with rock climbers
>by chance come across a jungle mountain trek route
>decide to go without much preparation
>only ones there, silence, only jungle sounds
>route is steep, 70 degrees at times
>sometimes just a rope with knots hanging off a ledge
>lots of quadrupedal and climbing
>no gear, nothing but sandals, decide to barefoot it mostly
>primal senses kicking in hard
>trek 2 hours in the most challenging terrain
>end with a gutsy 8 meter drop to the ocean
>can life get any better
>>
Went out and trained with some old faces today and had a small discussion on Squatting. And while it was agreed that your back is straight(Duh), but where you should bend at the hips. So either go straight down into squatting, or kind of go like a power lifter does his squats. What are your thoughts?
>>
>>739235

Ass out
>>
>>728912
There's no free run general so I will ask here
I have a background in weightlifting and rock climbing, so I am proficient at jumping.

Is a side flip or back flip easier to start with?
>>
>>739675
Free Running and Tricking is welcome here.
I'd personally suggest starting with 360s and cartwheels (also, handsprings) before trying flips; maybe side rolls, too.
>>
>>739675

I think side flip is easier to learn because you can do cartwheels as a progression.

Once you get a hang of back flips, it's the easiest flip. But the initial hump can be quite big.
>>
>>739675
>>739690

Speaking of parkour/freerunning/tricking.

If you're a parkour guy and don't train any acrobatics, then shame on you pretty much. It's one of the best supplemental trainings.
>>
>>738078
Cool story bro
>>
>>740103
Gymnastics masterrace bruv
>>
>>738078
yes
>>
I've been sort of an indoors type for most of my life and have been wanting to get into parkour for a while now. I think it's a fun way to keep fit but I feel kind of stupid when I start running in public. Any advice that does not involve Shia?
>>
>>742703
>Shia
It took me a solid 3 minutes to figure out you ment the Actor and not a sect of Islam.
Get a buddy to go with you? Go out and jog at night? Start hiking if you have the trails. But you're always gonna look like a Fag going out by yourself. No matter how long you train for or how good you get.
Of which went training yesterday and Got kicked out of two places nd told I was gonna break something 3 times. Not a good day.
>>
>>742740
Point taken. I'll just suck it up and join one of the clubs around here so we can look like fags running around together.
>>
>>742740
>Shia
>Islam

Gud 1 m8.
>>
tricking >>>>>>>>>>>> freerunning > parkour

tbh
>>
>>742965
Let's see how many times you use tricking to get yourself out of knife muggings instead of Parkour (and Olympic sprinting).
>>
>>742965

Better than?
Better than how?
More fun?
More cool?
Better exercise?
What?
That statement is just idiotic by itself.
>>
>>733050

On and off. You go to the meetups at elder park?
>>
I sprinted yester day.
>>
Anybody know any parkour trainers or groups in Dubai?
>>
I did a speed vault today.
>>
I thought about creating a Parkour training simulator where the player(s) must quickly view a small landscape, see point-A and point-B, then identify and select the most efficient moves and paths, then after doing so, they will be scored on speed of identifying, efficiency of energy, time, and distance, and given results and their stats.
>>
>>744119
>>744837
Congrats?
>>744824
https://www.google.com/search?q=Dubai+parkour&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS535US535&oq=Dubai+parkour&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2.2697j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Literally the 3rd and 5th hits on Google

>>744864
What the fuck? Like a program? That's so fucking biased it would never work. I dont like it. Why not just go out and time yourself with different movements and find out what's quickest for you
>>
>>744864

You thought about a thing. Great job. Really.
>>
What have you guys been doing?
>>
Mostly just Work and Training. I lurk this every couple days to see if someone posted anything.
>>
When you're new to parkour and have nothing to talk about here but you still wanna talk about it
>>
>>749030
I mean, what have you guys been training?
>>
>can jump
>can do multiple vaults
>losing fat, getting faster, jumping higher, clearing more
>can't roll in grass without fucking up

I want to devote 30 mins out of the hour I have to train to just rolls. Is this a good idea? I figured I would start from the ground up again and really drive technique.
>>
>>749558
Lol, That's the best time to talk! You make so many strides. Learning to roll, Learning all the vaults and performing them successfully. Feeling the slowly but surely change in confidence. God, I love talking to new people because it reminds me of when I started and forces me to be humble. Brings me back down from my Ego drive. Remaining Humble is the second hardest thing I've been learning.

>>749642
Everything. A lot of Rolling and Jump tech. Squats and soon I'll be hitting my upper body again.

>>749786
Roll. Every. Day. For. As. Long. As. Possible.
In my honest opinion, the roll is the hardest technique to learn because it covers so many vast movements. Learning to roll Forward, Backward, Side to side, On a small ledge. From a Kong/Pre/Speed. When you fuck up from any form of movement. It took me a long time to even begin rolling with the intent of failing. Increased my confident tenfold knowing I could eat shit and be fine with instincts.
>>
>>729258
What about mountain khakis? I have a pair and they're extremely flexible and I've yet to encounter any movement restrictions. They're also canvas, so more protection than sweats. Check them out, no joke.
>>
>>749807
>Everything.
Do you usually do a lot of traveling during your training? I think I Remember you mentioning something about you biking.
Do you have an ultimate spot? I forget, do you teach at a gym?

I don't even have a bike, so I usually have to split my training and focus on one thing on one day, then go to a different spot another day.
>>
>>749786
I've probably rolled hundreds of times by now.
>>749807
>Increased my confident tenfold knowing I could eat shit and be fine with instincts.
Since I've been out of dedicated practice for a while, I fell 2 days ago, and I did that slap-out, crawl-ish, turn thing, when it would've been much more efficient to just roll.
It's time for me to start rolling every day now.
>>
>>749903

Roll 10,000 times.

And then roll 10,000 times over the other shoulder.
>>
>>749959
Probably worth it to alternate rather than focus on nothing but one side. That way you wouldn't get too reliant on one side.
>>
File: back swords - 234572_F.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
back swords - 234572_F.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
Maybe backwards Parkour should be a thing.
Getting from point A to point B, but all while your back's turned to your obstacles.
>>
File: parkour-workout-intro.jpg (69KB, 400x566px) Image search: [Google]
parkour-workout-intro.jpg
69KB, 400x566px
>>749901
All depends. I've been getting back into the community and some days we travel across town. others we stay in one spot. Same with my Solo. Sometimes I know exactly what I want to practice and have the perfect spot in mind. Others I just want to do an all body and move from park to park.
>>750893
>What is your normal days worth of Training?
>>
Dunno if this is the right thread but: anyone here have much experience with tricking and what have you?

I'm trying to start getting the basics, and I just can't seem to generate enough height or spin to pull off a really clean tornado or 540 kick. I'm not really sure how to train for it any more than keep trying the movement. Any ideas or advice for some stuff I could try to start really nailing it?
>>
>>754143
>not enough height
If your technique is clean, you need to work on strength.
Jump squats, lifting, etcetera.

>can't generate enough spin
Again, technique and strength.
Strength isn't usually too much of a factor for spin, but it's possible that your core is very weak.

A general rule of thumb for the spinning portion of the tornado kick is to rotate your upper body first, and let your lower portion follow, more of a guild line than a rule.
>>
>>754148
Right so if I throw in some plyometrics and explosive movements in my lifting, that should help with the jumps. Do double and single leg stuff I guess, to help with jumping off one leg?

With the following the upper body thing, I think I put too much effort into bringing the non kicking leg up and in, and that messes with the rest of the movement and the spin. I guess I'll keep trying and do some more jump training. Thanks mate.
>>
>>754255
No chance you can get a video and post it here? That would help immensely
>>
>>754289
I'll consider it. I'd really appreciate the help, I'm just a little busy right now with exam study (Aus) to get some decent training in. And I'm also rather paranoid about videos on the internet. Once exams are over I'll get one and put it up.
>>
File: Not Dox.jpg (189KB, 988x1196px) Image search: [Google]
Not Dox.jpg
189KB, 988x1196px
>>754448
>And I'm also rather paranoid about videos on the internet
It's not like you'd get doxxed like Wu or something...
>>
>>754492
No no, I'm aware of that, and I'm not saying that people here, particularly the parkour guys would do that. Just, hesitant to stick up any video or whatever. As I say, paranoia not legitimate concern.
>>
File: Tactical Roll.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
Tactical Roll.gif
1MB, 260x146px
Don't mind me, just rolln' on by.
>>
File: Side Roll.gif (691KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
Side Roll.gif
691KB, 260x146px
It's good to be able to roll both sides.
>>
What would you say are the minimum fitness requirements to really delve into Parkour and give it a good go?

How would you go about training to achieve them?

A solid cardio base, decent strength, and ability to control your body (bodyweight/calisthenics shit) and some plyo work along with fairly good mobility?

I'm basically having to give up my aspirations of being a powerlifter (My first meet was to be in 3 months) due to a change in jobs - I'm going to be stuck on a farm with 0 lifting equipment. So bodyweight shit is all I've got - but it's not all that appealing to me. But Parkour looks cool, so maybe bodyweight stuff can be a means to an end. And doing some cool jumps and shit on farm equipment sounds fucking fun.
>>
>>755228
If you can jump, do a push-up, do a pull-up, and can run for at least 10 seconds, you're good. Depending on the Parkour movements being done, you don't even need to have all those requirements.

To be able to practice for a longer period of time, though, that will require some more fitness.
>>
File: 53ascWd[1].gif (2MB, 304x174px) Image search: [Google]
53ascWd[1].gif
2MB, 304x174px
>>755231
Righto. I guess I'll have a little look about and try and find some beginner appropriate shit to try.

What's the worst that can happen, right?
>>
>>755239
>What's the worst that can happen, right?
Oh, you know, just break your spine, leg, hand, shoulder, and forehead, nothing too serious.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/TMAS-Feiyue-Martial-Arts-Shoes/dp/B00LP284IM/ref=pd_sim_200_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=51HASM9jHOL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=012G17ACDJZM5VYD1QKV

The OP mentioned this brand of shoe. I'm looking for something that would be suitable for out door parkour, and wouldn't compromise my deadlift.
Thoughts?
>>
File: tumbleweed.gif (858KB, 208x174px) Image search: [Google]
tumbleweed.gif
858KB, 208x174px
>>
>>756076
>Thoughts?

>and wouldn't compromise my deadlift.
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>757504
Thoughts. As in opinions on the shoe. I guess I assumed everyone lifted, my bad.
So, for deadlifts I've been using squishy spongey sneakers and that's not good for maximum energy transfer. Imagine pulling a pillow through prison bars when you're trying to yank them down. The pillow will collapse and pass through. Now if you pulled a 2x4 it would disperse the energy more uniformly. So I'm looking for a cheap shoe that has a relatively flat sole that would also be decent for parkour. From what I've seen in other forums there's no right or wrong answer . I already ordered and received another shoe and I dig them.
My deadlift feels smoother in the bottom and I can actually feel the ground when I walk and jump rope.
>>
What kind of shoes are appropriate for a beginner?
>>
>>757898
Whatever shoes you have.
>>
So, a friend of mine took me to hit up our small town. It was neat to look at everything different. I really enjoyed it and will definitely be pursuing this more and more. Too bad that it snows like 5 months out of the year here.
>>
>>756076
So I was, and still am a hater of Feiyues. I bought a pair to hate. To my utter Dismay, I actually kinda liked the minimal shoe. So, They are basic and cheap to start off with minimal shoes. Ultimately, you want a shoe with no sole or protection so you're forced to do everything with good tech. But their are better and longer lasting shoes out there. Feiyues are a good cheap starter. And yea, Flat foot Deadlift this will work.
>>757898
Yea, what >>757906 said.
>>759171
>What is training in the snow? I live in Utah and it's about to snow in the Valleys with it having already arrived in the Mountains. You still go out and train just like normal.
>>
>>759171
Better get out there before it gets too deep.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwao7Vv13cw
>>
>How to get stronger for parkour?
>Most common body weight or calisthenics exercises are tried and true. Squats, push ups, pull ups, plyometrics. There are lots of guides for these.

So can someone link to some of these? The
stuff in the bodyweight general contains alot
of stuff that has to do with competitive
gymnastics and other things that don't help
with parkour.
>>
>>759200
What sort of brand/style would you recommend instead mate? Feiyues are cheap here so I'd be interested in them.
>>
>>759410
Body weight stuff is pretty easy to list.
Do push ups, pull ups, chin ups, dips, planks, flutter kicks, box jumps, QM drills.
>>
>tfw got a pullup bar

I won't have any excuses for my wall-ups looking like vid related anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTtpyruzVEg
>>
>>762425
I dont have an opinion on any yet. Every Monday I train with a dude who's gone through a few brands. I'll ask him. but I'm getting a replacement for my current pair now.

>>759410
Just do body weight stuff. Nothing all that special or Fancy. When it starts to get to easy, become creative with it. And with your movement traning, shouldnt be to hard to find ways to be creative.

>>765284
To be fair, that wasnt that bad. 12 ft is pretty large. and he got up fairly quick to my surprise. 5 seconds from him touching the wall.
>>
I feel like the "Wrestling" Part suddenly took off. because we shouldnt be page 6 after one day. Fuck the Diva's.
>>
File: IC.jpg (778KB, 1549x1341px) Image search: [Google]
IC.jpg
778KB, 1549x1341px
I did a minimalist Parkour today.

>be feeling like drowning my negativity in ice cream
>have my boots loosened up for ease of putting on
>don't feel like lacing them fittingly, just pull on the strings to tighten around the ankle more
>only tie single knot
>walk out of door
>walk to store, use that as warm-up, because muh Parkour time efficiency
>get ice cream
>walk to first corner at a brisk pace, because muh Parkour energy efficiency
>run the rest of the way
>>
>>775966
Shouldn't eat Ben and Jerry's they've got the worst kind of chemicals in their shit, some cancer causing shit
>>
How is Parkour a sport? It's an activity sure but do they really hold professional contests or races or someshit?
>>
>>775991

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qAR8U-WZRo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pWvhJHKtDI
>>
>>749855
anything that doesn't restrict movement is fine. everything else is just fashion
>>
>>765284
looks like he did a sneaky dyno off the crack with his off hand. how do you get that good at big wallruns while still having such shitty climb-ups?
>>
>>775991
sports don't have to be competetive
>>
>>777443
By practicing on 40ft walls.
>>
>>777445
For a while I thought nothing on 4chan would ever bother me.
>>
File: 1448129728775 (1).jpg (70KB, 442x432px) Image search: [Google]
1448129728775 (1).jpg
70KB, 442x432px
For the life of me a cannot seem to vault anything over 4 feet. I'm in great shape, and I'm very tall (6'4") but every time I fuck it up. This is true for one handed, two handed, dash, and lazy vaults. What the fuck am I doing wrong? I always find obstacles that are either way too short to be a challenge, or way too tall.
>>
File: g1_scba_features_front_back.png (2MB, 1750x1150px) Image search: [Google]
g1_scba_features_front_back.png
2MB, 1750x1150px
>>728912
I am a firefighter with an interest in becoming a traceur. What aspects of parkour training might be useful to my department? I've got a few guys interested in building a training course that's a bit more challenging than the standard one.

Bunker gear is bulky and heavy, and I suspect the wearing of an SCBA is going to affect breakfalls and rolling. What techniques should be avoided/modified?
>>
>>792270
>What aspects of parkour training might be useful to my department?
Parkour has move sets used to overcome obstacles.
Being a firefighter, you (probably) don't know where a fire is, what the building structures are like; you just won't know what to encounter.
But Parkour has moves that are used throughout the world because though there is great diversity in the world, there are a vast amount of similarities.

>tl;dr
There's so much different shit out there that you might as well start with all of the basics.

But since you're a firefighter, you have access to things like axes and tall ass ladders.

>What techniques should be avoided/modified?
I don't know what wearing that tank is going to do to your rolls, but you could always do a slapout; you guys are supposed to be strong anyway, aren't you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBs4NABgR6U
>>
bump i guess.
>>
anyone doing parkour in or near stockholm? i live near and i wanna start training but the only parkour group in my municipaly is in a gymnastics club for 6-14 year olds.
>>
>>752069
Alright Im gonna sound like a retard here. Im an absolute beginner and pretty out of shape, but hey, gotta start somewhere.

Is the image referring to 3 sets of each excersise, or doing the whole thing 3 times total?
>>
>>790049
Hit them on your ascent not your descent
>>
>>800434
I'm not sure what you're asking. You said the same thing twice in 2 different ways
>>
>>804532
He might be asking if he splits the exercises throughout the week rather than doing all of them on one day.
>>
>>804532
He might be asking if he does 3 sets of an exercise, and then more to another exercise, or do one set of an exercise before moving to another one, and then repeating that 3 times.
>>
File: Crashing on the Couch.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
Crashing on the Couch.gif
1MB, 260x146px
>Hey man, mind if I crash on the couch?
>>
File: Double Slide.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
Double Slide.gif
1MB, 260x146px
>I'm just going to slide on over to the kitchen real quick
>>
File: Lazy Vault.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
Lazy Vault.gif
1MB, 260x146px
>>
>>808258
>>808259
>>808261
are those supposed to be cool tricks?
>>
>>808264
The gifs are geared more towards the puns.
>>
>>808273
I appreciated your puns. Upvote. Like. Tits or GTFO.
>>
File: Tits.jpg (54KB, 604x299px) Image search: [Google]
Tits.jpg
54KB, 604x299px
>>808318
>>
>>808330
I appreciated your pun. Upvote. Like. Sharpie in the pooper.
>>
>>775991
I dunno what you'd call it then.
It's a sport that frowns upon healthy competition.

It's... Smogon Singles?
>>
Is there any hope for a tall skinny guy with a really high center of gravity?
>>
>>728912
Fencejump isnt a sport
Please vacate to the new board /ucgp/, Unconventional and Gay Pastimes
>>
>>808776
I'm sorry, Judo wouldn't be as great of a sport for you.
>>
>>808776
Did you mean to post in the judo thread? If so, put on some muscle a la /fit/ and train hard and you'll be fine.

If you realized you were in the parkour thread, why in the hell would being tall and lightweight hinder you in reaching high things and moving your weight around? Get out there and train, you lazy excuse-making prick.
>>
How old are y'all is 22 too old to start with parkour?
>>
>>810474
>How old are y'all
972 years of age, kid.

>>810474
>is 22 too old to start with parkour?
Nigga, I started Parkour when I was 465 years old.
>>
>>810583
pls no bully
>>
File: Parkour-rooftop-jump.gif (1018KB, 297x300px) Image search: [Google]
Parkour-rooftop-jump.gif
1018KB, 297x300px
>>810474
>>810690
It isn't your age that should be considered, but your physical condition.
Unless you've got some strong ass legs along with good technique, you shouldn't be trying 15ft drops any time soon at all.
>>
>>810696

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2154373/Russian-parkour-girl-24-falls-17-storeys-death-building-jump-goes-horribly-wrong.html

it's not a parkour session unless someone dies
>>
>be raining
>have backyard
>backyard have table-like wooden bench at edge on top of backyard platform, about waist height all together
>set up wooden vault fence about 4ft away
>set up another vault fence at a distance
>vault distant vault fence
>vault up onto vault fence next to bench
>precision jump onto bench
>slip and fall onto my ass and back on bench
>upper back and head hanging off of bench
>>
First off, before I begin moderating again since the Janitor for /asp/ sucks ass. Considering I lurk daily, I guess I could post then and there but meh. Is anyone going to the Morzine Camp next year? They just released the dates and I've gotta talk to a few people (Banks and insurance) before I buy my ticket.
http://parkourgenerations.com/?events=morzine-2016
Which will then lead to my 2 month trip around Europe meeting all the Name fags that used to post here, that live in Europe.

>>804554
>>804557
That makes sense. When I work out, I go through the entire set 3 times. So start with Lunges and end with the Wall climber. 1 set. Repeat starting with the lunges. Second set. And again. That's How I do it. Though /fit/ might tell you otherwise. I've heard people say do 3 sets of one before you move on to the next.

>>808776
Without listening to the Judofags who love smelling Ass, Yea, there is hope. Just learn how to control that shit. You're gonna move differently is all.

>>808782
Neither is sucking dick, yet you're posting here eh?

>>810474
This needs to be in the Sticky. I've seen men older then 60 do some insane shit after a year of training. Never to old.

>>810783
>The accident happened when she was trying out the sport which requires participants to jump, climb and roll across buildings
>The men demonstrated their parkour skills, jumping from the roof to the protruding eaves.
When they asked the two women to try it out, the older sister refused, but the younger woman accepted the challenge.

It's Niggers like that, that give Parkour it's bad name. Considering how it's honestly, should be one of the safest sports ever, if the ideology is correct in the teacher.

>>812646
Lol, You doing ok mate?
>>
>>813897
> replying this much to this many posts in a single post
Just end yourself already you autistic cunt
>>
>>813897
>Lol, You doing ok mate?
I'm doing just fine. I guess my ass fat broke my fall, along with dispersing the rest of the impact onto my back.
>>
>>728912
Traceur vagabond turned working stiff here. I used to train barefoot all the time, but now I have to wear black boots for work (I'm an EMT). Are there any durable training shoes that give a barefoot feel and a vaguely combat boot aesthetic?
>>
>>737976
>There's one vertebra sticking out
Stick it back in.
>>
>>737711
I'm 24 and I did like two years of training, two years ago. I don't want to be the creepy old guy so I haven't really tried to get back into it that much.
>>
>>742965
Tricking and freerunning won't help you survive a fight, TMA dancefag. Parkour, pipebomb, or go home.
>>
>>744864
Did you just re-create Mirror's Edge?
>>
>>816360
It's like quickly planning out the path like in Mirror's Edge, except you don't get to run it.
Maybe there could be different characters with different speed, strength, and agility combinations, with some having stronger muscle groups than others, to keep things interesting.
Also, with oculus rift or some vr.
>>
>>759200

Shit, I'm in Utah too. What part of the valley are you in? I'm by little cottonwood canyon.
>>
File: 12345345123.png (236KB, 350x344px) Image search: [Google]
12345345123.png
236KB, 350x344px
>>752069
>start doing this after months without any kind of exercise beyond walking a lot
>can't go on after 2 sets, and i didn't even did the 2 climbers because i don't have anything on my house i can use for that

I'm way more out of shape than i thought.
>>
hey guys i'm a bit old to be starting this (26) and already have lots of other things i'm working on (running, body weight training, bjj) plus a job but i'm wondering how much do you guys train every day/week/whatever and what should i prioritize
>>
>>817836
Just use parkour to merge your running and bodyweight training, it's pretty much a mix of the two.
>>
>>816355
Similar boots are out there. I remember reading about some boots that are very thin and flexible, advertised for stalking game and what not, I don't remember what they were called, though. I think it was kind of like a minimalist shoe, but in a boot style.
>>
>>728912
Benchjump isnt a sport

Get this shit out of the wrestling board now manchildren
>>
>>817925
>I remember reading about some boots that are very thin and flexible, advertised for stalking game and what not
This is exactly what I'm looking for. If you can remember any other details to help me find them, that'd be awesome.

I'll be visiting family soon and was thinking about finding someone who make moccasins on the reservation and having them make me a black leather lace-up moccasin with a rubber coating on the bottom, but if someone already makes a good tracker boot in black, I'll just buy from the experienced manufacturer.
>>
>>817933
>if someone already makes a good tracker boot
I did find a guy who custom builds such shoes in the Pacific Northwest, but I'm in Pennsylvania, so I figured I'd check around here first.
>>
>>752069
Question: is this routine meant for every day? I'm >>817807, and my legs are aching like fuck due to the broad jumps, so i kinda doubt that i can repeat it for at least two more days.

May have something to do with doing the broad jumps on concrete.
>>
>>825944
>>
>>825944
>>833955
> bumping a dead general about a non sport on a slow as fuck board like /asp/

You outlaw bench jumpers are pathetic
>>
>>833965
>You outlaw bench jumpers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJfDnJtsxc4
That's us, alright.
>>
>>833965
Wouldn't need bumped as much if the /wwe/ fags would fuck off to /tv/.
>>
How many of you train during the winter seasons? Most people I see stop doing parkour until the snow melts and the weather gets better
>>
>>837505
Because of the indoor gyms available in these times, I think we will notice an increase of winter training by 2020.
>>
>>835357
Unlucky son, we are here to stay
Feel free to fuck to /out/ with some dignity where you belong before we run you out completely though ;)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhQd1t4bBmU

r8 no h8
>>
>>837543
I like that double breasted jacket.
>>
>>833965
the fact it riles you up enough to post in and bump the same thread makes my dick hard

>>834118
i don't watch many parkour vids as i should (cared more about my own progress when i first started, still do now) but this was great despite a decent amount of it being just running. The casual sideflip in the middle of being chased and laughter afterward was the best. I assume this was somewhere in france what with french being spoken and the description mentioning pay respect to german rest period times?

>>837543
not bad but snipars parodied that better
>>
>>837743
>i don't watch many parkour vids as i should (cared more about my own progress when i first started
I understand. When I was closer to when I started Parkour, a friend of mine that didn't even practice at the time was talking to me about Daniel Ilabaca, and expected me to know who he was, but I had no idea at all. I was also more of a Parkour purist at that time. I still am more of a purist, just a little less these days.

Especially with martial arts, I had little to no knowledge of UFC fighters, didn't know K1 even existed, I just focused on honing my skill.
>>
>>837743
>but this was great despite a decent amount of it being just running.
Things like this aid in giving us a better understanding of applied Parkour.
For most people, when practicing Parkour, they're just training Parkour in theory, training Parkour hypothetically, working more on technique than anything.

The practitioners in the video got to experience applied Parkour.
And us, we get to analyze their experience, think critically about it, interpret it.
>>
>>728912
Any of you fags do airshit or otherwise combine parkour with milsim or martial arts?
>>
>>819038
It can be if you work up to it, but when you first start out, no, probably not. Start off basic, work your way up. In general, strength training should have at least 24 hours of rest before you do the next session for that unit of muscles, preferably 48 for full recovery if you did really intense work. The first few times you do it you'll get DOMS (delayed-onset muscle soreness) because you're doing something new. With more sessions it'll go away.

If you're landing hard on concrete, that could definitely be what's making you sore too.
>>
File: In Honoraburu of Wu.gif (982KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
In Honoraburu of Wu.gif
982KB, 260x146px
>>837852
I stopped doing air soft quite a while ago. The last time I did paintball was a few years ago.
>>
File: RIP Wu.gif (688KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
RIP Wu.gif
688KB, 260x146px
>>837852
I'd fly over to Russia and compete in The Hip Show if I had the cash to dish out.
>>
>>837873
You can get a flight to Germany through Norwegian Air for like $300 and then take a rail line to Russia. Move out of wherever you're renting and take a few months rent for travel expenses and you're good to go.
>>
>>837914
I guess money isn't too much of a problem. I guess what's holding me back is all the things I'm committed to that I can't afford to leave right now, I value these things more than I value indulging myself with athletic entertainment.
>>
>>837914
>>837978
There's also the probable cost of bribing my way into the competition due to my lack of credentials.
>>
>>819038
The General Idea from kinda lurking /fit/ Is full body work-outs like 3 days a week with Cardio on the other two days.(Full body one day. Cardio second day. Full body 3rd ect.) and two days of rest. Now, I'm more for a Full body 4 days a week. Cardio 6 and then Rest/stretching on the 7th. (You are stretching daily mind you. But an Entire day dedicated to Doing different one's. Maybe do some Yoga) But what >>837864 said. Work your way up to it.

>>837505
So you see a lot of Posers.

>>837852
I just read an Article on some dude that does UCF that used/uses Parkour. And still goes out to train to remove his prefight Jitters
>>
remember the simple times
>>
>>842499
The times when Wu wasn't kill.
>>
What ever happened to Wu? I never knew him well enough. Just that he was the Board clown or something.
>>
>>846100
yeah he was just like tkdbrah.
>>
File: 562927732.jpg (16KB, 298x200px) Image search: [Google]
562927732.jpg
16KB, 298x200px
>TFW some kid at says he does Parkour yet wont go and train in 10 degree weather

I'mma try to insult his Manliness and see if he joins me then. Marines take insults like that righty?

>>846112
But Didnt TKDbrah have like his own Dojo or some shit? I'm pretty clueless on all the namesfags that werent the one's for Parkour
>>
>>728912
Outlaw benchjump isnt a sport
>>>/out/
>>
>>846782
Yes, the Free Bumps. Thank you.
>>
>>846778
Wu practiced Tai Chi, and is self declared the king of /asp/ on the /asp/ meetup map. He claimed to have fucked up his leg by neurotically stretching, and then practicing Taekwondo some time after the leg thing. He posted the famous Wu gif in a thread on /asp/ dedicated to kicking, and then everybody made fun of him. Wu got doxxed after that, and he might've been doxed before that, and people made fun of his personal life, and then Wu declared that he wouldn't post under his name anymore. There was a flood of people posting under his name, especially shitposting, and then it's theorized that Wu committed suicide.
>>
>>846778
>>846911
>>
Sorry for not attending whatapp conversation. How are things going? My phone refuses to update the app, delete it and reinstall it.
>>
>>847790
Meant to reply to >>846796
>>
>>846911
That's just beautiful
>>
>>728912
Outlaw fence jump isnt a sport
>>>/out/
>>
>>847828
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pWvhJHKtDI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qAR8U-WZRo
>>
>>847843
Ive got a recording of my kids egg and spoon race, does that mean its a sport?

That has more place here than outlaw junkie jump
>>
>>847790
>>847793
ALEX ISNT DEAD. We just assumed you had heroically died while training. But it's good. I'm planning my Trip to Europe now. Say now if you're gonna be on that list. I can cut a couple days out of France.
>>847869
Not kidding, I want to see that shit. We can then make fun of your Kid, AND you get to make a point. It's a win/win
>>
>>846778
>Marines take insults like that righty?
That should actually work.
>>
>>728912
Outlaw runskip isnt a sport, its a hobby
>>>/out/
>>
>>848362
It's pretty much the practical synthesis of gymnastics and running. Freerunners can go fuck off with the CMA fags, though.
>>
File: mr-kenedy-nude.jpg (50KB, 342x400px) Image search: [Google]
mr-kenedy-nude.jpg
50KB, 342x400px
>you will never watch daniel bryan take a big fat hornswoggle sized vegan shit into brie's mouth,,
>>
File: sport definition.jpg (28KB, 583x228px) Image search: [Google]
sport definition.jpg
28KB, 583x228px
>>847869
>does that mean its a sport?
>>
>>848644
Outlaw skipjump is a hobby, not a sport

Enjoy your move to /out/
>>
>>728912
How do you dress for training in different types of weather? Snow, rain, extreme heat, etc?

I have damage to my hands that allows them to get cold dangerously quickly, so I haven't been doing my muscle ups and shit because I don't have good gloves and putting bare skin on a metal bar in 30F would be medically inadvisable.
>>
File: 10975210_1.jpg (98KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
10975210_1.jpg
98KB, 1200x1800px
>>853228
Be it a cool breeze, rain, snow, or the trenches of WWII, a trench coat will take care of your needs.
>>
>>853957
needs a hood
>>
>>853959
That's what the fedora is for.
>>
>>854792
i used to have a sick-ass Indiana Jones fedora that I'd wear most of the time, often while training.
>>
File: th.jpg (5KB, 300x237px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
5KB, 300x237px
>>854996
>i used to have a sick-ass Indiana Jones fedora that I'd wear most of the time, often while training.
Are you referring to the hat that Indiana Jones wears? If so, that's a Stetson. I've had one, too, but it's in storage with a lot of my old stuff.
>>
>>855239
http://www.indygear.com/igfedora.html

It's a fedora. Like, an actual fedora, not the neckbeard trilby that gets erroneously referred to as a fedora. I think this might've been the one I owned, or is at least similar:

http://www.fedoras.com/shop-by-hat-brands/indiana-jones-hats/indiana-jones-last-crusader-fedora.html

Stetson is a brand of hat. They're best known for their various Western-style hats, but they do also make fedoras:

http://www.stetson.com/hats/fedoras

I fucking love Stetson, they make a good product. I've got one of their ten-gallon hats for when I feel like being a goofball and towering over everyone (I'm only 6'1", but a tall hat and tall boots make a huge difference).
>>
>>855239
>>855506
My current favorite hat is a generic leather cowboy hat that I've shaped, worn-in, and customized over the years. It's comfortable, practical, and there's not another one like it anywhere.
>>
File: Stetson.jpg (28KB, 578x317px) Image search: [Google]
Stetson.jpg
28KB, 578x317px
>>855506
>>
>>855562
Okay. The hat worn by Indiana Jones is a fedora-style hat. Indiana Jones fedoras have been licensed to the Stetson company in the past. Stetson is ubiquitous enough to be a generic term for cowboy and rancher hats (or, as I said, "Western-style"). This does not make Indiana Jones's hat a Stetson in the generic sense, though there were licensed replicas that were Stetsons in that they were fedoras manufactured by the Stetson company.
>>
>thread turns into discussion about hats

Anyways, I've found that hats I've worn tend to fall off when doing rolls.
I don't really wear hats that often, but I've refrained from wearing hats while practicing.
>>
>>855506
>http://www.fedoras.com/shop-by-hat-brands/indiana-jones-hats/indiana-jones-last-crusader-fedora.html
>last-crusader
Wow, this really tickles my autism.
>>
>>856064
"Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" is the movie: does that make Indiana Jones the Last Crusader? Maybe someone thought they were being clever.
>>
File: fedora distrobution.gif (798KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fedora distrobution.gif
798KB, 480x360px
>>856053
All 4chan conversations are fedora-tier.

I like to feel like Indiana Jones and hold my hat on my head when rolling. Keeping track of my hat while training makes me feel like Indy or Jack Sparrow or some shit. I don't do it all the time, but I like to wear hats and it's a fun training variation--besides, you should train in what you wear daily, right?
>>
>>848355
I am up for it! I will probably have a place for you to stay too. Add me on skype so that we can arrange the details
>>
Just started woodland crawling in my hometown while taking a stroll 4 mile away from home running.

Im gonna strenghten my arms first since thy have been rather rusty
>>
I have pretty bad Jumpers knee for around half a year now, any advice on what to do ? Blackrolling and stretching seems always like a good idea
Besides that who is attending Krap Winter this year ?
>>
>>853228
Every year I buy Like 1 dollar Childrens gloves from walmart. Cut the Finger tips off and train that way. To "Kinda" Keep my hands warm. Other than that, go inside and use a gym.
>>856053
I actually have this cool Beanie Hat thing. It's like a Beanie but with a Brim. Kinda like
>http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Blackcomb-Brimmer-Beanie-Yellow/dp/B00TZ4BJSE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451761012&sr=8-1&keywords=adidas+brim+beanie

I really like it. and since it's a Beanie it stays on my head. And Keeps my head warm. Since it's about 0~7 Degree F outside ant any given time. I even wear it during the summer because of the Brim. Recommedn this style.

>>856089
>Train in Everyday wear
This is absolutel true. So Now my entire Clothing of choice, and I only change because Some event forces me to, are Sweatpants, and loose T-shirts.

>>856618
I feel like I had you, but I dont. What is your Skype?
>>
File: armor%20about.jpg (37KB, 232x508px) Image search: [Google]
armor%20about.jpg
37KB, 232x508px
>>856089
>you should train in what you wear daily, right?

>>856934
>>Train in Everyday wear

We should train in armor, so when we wear other clothes, we'll feel light as a feather and more free.
We also get the benefits of training encumbered, gaining more strength.
>>
I lurk here sometimes
I also made a video, pls no bully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtA1S33ZoVw&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>857110
>We should train in armor
I've actually done this, both in SCA armor and IBA. I don't recommend doing it extensively because the extra weight is bad for your joints.
>>
>>856934
[email protected]
>>
>>856618
>I will probably have a place for you to stay too.
This sounds like the beginning of a plot for Alex and Jinxy super fun time butt-secks.
>>
>>857549
that looks breddy good anon
>>
>>857110
I mean, for a while the founders used a lot of Weighted Vests. I think some of them do. But they are to be super tight so they dont jiggle to much.

>>857549
I onlySaw one Roll, and while I dont like Flips, The Form Seemed nice. Post more.

>>857706
You're just Jelly
>>
>>857549
How much do you have practicing?
>>
>>863772
Thanks man. Want to pump out videos more often and hopefully people will like them.

>>864030
The rolls was a front roll lol. No proper rolls in any of that video. But hey, movements movement.

>>865677
6 years. Pk is lief.
Thread posts: 223
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.