[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just for info.. How to knock out somebody? (by hitting him on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: NoseFlaTtering.jpg (96KB, 950x703px) Image search: [Google]
NoseFlaTtering.jpg
96KB, 950x703px
Just for info..

How to knock out somebody? (by hitting him on the chin)

How important is force?

Are there some rules to keep in mind?
>>
Chin/jawline. The immediate whipping effect on the brain tends to do it.

Force is important. More important is technique, which generates more consistent and efficient force.

It's not the hardest punch, it's the one they don't see.
>>
When punching someone, it's often easiest to hit them in the chin or the temple.

Blows to the head result in a knockout because of a cerebral concussion or a carotid sinus reflex with syncope.

How much force you will need will depend in various things, one of the relatively key factors being where you hit the opponent.

Since kicks generally generate more force than punches,
you generally don't need as much precision when kicking someone in the head compared to punching.
>>
>>1047151
>>1047153
Thanks for the info :)
>>
>>1047130
>>1047153

Also,

do you blend KO and TKO?

Because you can TKO someone with debilitating pain.
This can be done by accumulation of pain, or a very large pain signal sent by being hit in an area that has a lot of nerves.
Not as related, but people can even experience pain from a purely psychological basis, you don't even need to get hit to feel pain.
Kind of like how people have strong chins, people have high pain tolerance; but you can also develop pain tolerance pretty easily.

We all know the famous UFC 189 Rory MacDonald vs Robbie Lawler II Nose Punch TKO, right?
The guy got TKOd by getting punched in the nose so much.

Do you know about the UFC Fight Night 58 Liver Kick TKO?
Machida vs Dollaway.
Machida's kick to the liver send enough pain signals from the liver area to the brain to debilitate Dollaway.
>>
>>1047170
>This can be done by accumulation of pain, or a very large pain signal sent by being hit in an area that has a lot of nerves.
There are, of course, also the various combinations of the two you could use.
>>
>>1047179
Ricky Hatton, anyone?
>>
>>1047193
I'm not too familiar with Boxing.
Have any links to a video?
>>
>>1047197
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A495Sr42kVw
>>
Didn't know where to post this so this thread seems good enough. I got some gloves and have access to a heavy bag which is in my gym(regular bodybuilding gym). What are some good ways to get started into punching. I know I wont learn proper boxing without sparring or a coach but at least want to know how to throw good punches and combos and what not. How can I get started ? Are there any beginner friendly workouts/routines I can practice ?
>>
>>1047309
> good punches
> no coach
Pick one.

> inb4 copy pastafag.

All you'll achieve is fucking up your wrists
>>
>>1047309
>>1047461
>copypasta

It's actually right about the learning without a coach part.
At least, partially.
You can learn technique without a coach or teacher.

>you do punch
>coach watches
>if you're doing it wrong, coach corrects you by using his body of knowledge

>you punch
>you watch recording
>if you're doing it wrong, you use your body of knowledge to correct

It really makes me sad sometimes how people can be so delusional.

>>1047461
You make me sad, Anon.
>>
>>1047309
People like to throw around Expert Boxing around these parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCAcFAVzF-c

His facts might not be right, they could be flat out wrong.
He can at least give you basic mechanics.
>>
>>1047499
>You can learn technique without a coach or teacher.
It really depends on how good the person is at learning, how easy the technique is to learn, and how dedicated the person learning is.
>>
>>1047309
On top of YouTube videos for technique, maybe you'll even run into somebody who knows a thing or two he or she could teach you.
>>
>>1047309
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl7vT_Z3lSc
>>
>>1047309
>>1047461

>go to Boxing gym
>"we've trained professional fighters such as_________"
>pay $70 for the month, $25 for start up fee, around $100 for gear
>take beginner classes for a month
>quit because I moved
>watch YouTube videos
>YouTube teaches the exact same shit, but absolutely fucking free, some of it is even better than the instruction I got
>>
>>1047151
>>1047153
>>1047170
These guys got it right.
>>
>>1047499
No, shut the fuck up. You will never learn how to punch without a good trainer.
>>
>>1047130
Yeah force matters. The reason the heavier weight classes can take bigger punches is cause they have stronger necks which can withstand the blow.
>>
>>1047613
No, you shut the fuck up!
>>
Don't bathe for a month then hug them
>>
>>1047542

What's a good criteria in selecting a good boxing gym?
>>
>>1048320
1. the coach is knowledgeable
2. the coach knows how to share knowledge
3. the coach actually shares knowledge with the students
>>
>>1047151
Fuck yourself faggot.
>>
>>1047130
Fuck them in the arse
>>
>>1047461
>>1047613
Booty blasted trainers scared that they can't scam people out of money anymore thanks to youtube.
>>
>>1047309

>at least want to know how to throw good punches and combos and what not

Of course you can learn to "punch". But you won't devellop good technique when training alone.

Beginners punch only with their arm strength. But if you want to devellop your full potential, you need to use "kinetic linking".

Basically you create a "kinetic chain" so the muscles of your whole act together to generate force:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpYK9iXGQ_A

It takes some time to devellop that correctly. And wether you believe it or not, without a coach you won't get the hang of it.

Boxing is probably the cheapest art arround there, and if you can afford eating anything besides rice you have enough money to go boxing.

So do yourself a favour, overcome your social anxiety and go into a gym already. Nobody will laugh at you and after a month you will be glad I gave you this advice.
>>
What for?

I'm a black belt in three disciplines and I don't want to do that do anybody.

If that's your aim then I don't have any advice for you.

I would heavily suggest you actually learn a martial art that teaches submission of the opponent over hurting them. You have the wrong way of doing things already.
>>
>>1048532

Ugh, god you're one of those.

He needs to spar to understand what fighting really is. He needs weathering.
>>
>>1048537

>Ugh, god you're one of those.

Pardon?

>He needs to spar to understand what fighting really is. He needs weathering.

Absolutely. As I said, he should go into a boxing gym to learn proper technique as well as sparring.
>>
>>1048520
This.
>>
>>1048532
>I have no proof to back up my claims but I'll keep posting anyway
>>
>>1048801

I need no "proof", because I'm not here to preach. I just wanted to give an honest advice.

Go ahead and try to learn all by yourself.
Then, after a year go to a boxing gym to test your skills.
Then cry for the time you have wasted.
>>
>>1048532
>>1048842
>I'm not here to preach
>continues to preach
Your "honest advice" is delusional bullshit with no logic or evidence to back it up.

Just kill yourself.
>>
>>1048842
Make yourself die.
>>
>>1048842
Commit suicide.
>>
>>1048842
Become an hero.
>>
>>1048842
Suicide is an option.
>>
>>1048842
You can die sooner, rather than die later.
>>
File: exit bag.jpg (423KB, 1532x973px) Image search: [Google]
exit bag.jpg
423KB, 1532x973px
>>1048842
Make sure to use pure helium.
pic related
>>
>>1048842
You can kill yourself all by yourself but it's okay if you need some help.
>>
>>1048842
pic very related
>>
>>1048842

It is in fact possible to learn how to kill yourself and effectively apply it without a teacher and or practice.

A common myth is that one is unable to perceive one's technique when mimicking the technique of people who have accomplished suicide, and that a teacher is required to detect these flaws in suicide and correcting them.
Detecting the flaws in one's suicide can easily be done with utilization of attention to detail and a mirror.
It would take some very severe cognitive impairments and or lack of effort to be unable to do this, given that adequate information is provided.

Another common myth is that practice is required to commit suicide, and that one would be unable to commit suicide and keep living.
One reason people believe this myth is because of how much more humans can learn after practicing suicide. With higher aptitude for learning and simulation, one who may never have attempted suicide will be able to perform as well if not better than one who has tried and failed before, not to mention how fun suicide is!

Experience is only as credible as how it's interpreted.

Not saying you can't try suicide to make the next time easier.
>>
>>1048901
>>1048903
>>1048909
>>1048911
>>1048915
>>1048919
>>1048922
>>1048924
>>1048931
>>1048943

Wow, you're that hyper agressive asperger retard from the other thread, right?

How about you tell us about your experiences with "training all by yourself"? Oh wait, it's just a fantasy, right?
>>
>>1048952
>Wow, you're that hyper agressive asperger retard from the other thread, right?
No, I just liked his style.

>training all by yourself
I've trained at a Boxing gym for 2 years in the United States. I went to the UK for college and did judo for 2 years at uni. Once I was back in the states, I started training at a few MMA gyms for 5 years and still do it.
To preserve my anonymity, I will not post more information about myself.
>>
>>1048959

I always thought we should see more Judo in MMA.
>>
File: sambo.jpg (7KB, 169x300px) Image search: [Google]
sambo.jpg
7KB, 169x300px
>>1048966
I always thought MMA should be fought in something like a Sambo uniform.
>>
>>1047130

not only do you have to strike the vital points aka the pressure points but you have to channel your chi energy into concentrated matter and direct it at your opponent using dim mak
>>
The lower portion of the jaw towards the chin (we call it the "button") is kind of the go-to.

There's really no telling what will knock a dude out. Some guys, you can knock the fuck out of them and they just go "yeah, so what?"

It's very unpredictable what's going to cause a knockout.
>>
>>1049046

Eh sweet jesus, please just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>1048966

You do.

A lot of Judo is in Jui Jitsu. Jui Jitsu is just more comprehensive than Judo is. You also don't have anything to hold onto in MMA. You're not wearing a gi so it's not the same fucking thing really.

In a way Judo is more practical in real life. Like, if you're wearing a big jacket and get into a fight against a judoka you are super-fucked unless you're some sort of monster.
>>
>>1050002

To add-

I've been in real street fights and the last thing I want to deal with is any wrestler, ever.

Except that I'm trained, tired; and any power help you when I decide to fuck you up.

Wrestlers are very powerful fighters but guess what? I did that too and I can elbow or knee you and nothing you can do is going to stop it.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.