[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Raw Roster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: Wonder Bread Queen.gif (344KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Bread Queen.gif
344KB, 500x377px
There seems to be this strong disconnect between the people who think the roster is the best its ever been in years and the people who legit think everything about the current roster is trash and all of them need to be scrapped and for the creative team just to start over from the beginning.

Sometimes I feel its easier to believe in the ladder half of things particularly if you’re not an avid viewer of NXT. You can fucking dissect literally anyone on the current roster and just bitch as to why they even bother existing on Raw. Fandango, Social Outcasts, Darren Young, Zack Ryder, I can keep going

And yeah there is the factoid of “Raw needs jobbers” but does it really? We’re at a critical impass where no one on the Roster is over. No one. Not a single goddamn person at all. You wanna know what kinds of stars on Raw who’re over? THEY’RE THE ONES WHO’RE NEVER ON RAW

Why do you think Shane O’ Mac got the loudest pop imaginable before the rest of the show was left with pure apathy? It because no one has seen Shane since 2009 and he’s remembered as the guy who hits people with trash cans and dropkicks. Their inner attitude era marks are fucking screaming.
>>
>>1035813
>ladder half of things
>>
Marks get worked by TV.
>>
>>1035827

I want Shane to end this Authority bullshit forever and be the permanent Raw GM

I don't even care if I am getting worked just lock Stephanie McMahon in a cage and bury that cage in a hole while Hunter fucks around at Full Sail

Also put Vince in a home.
>>
>>1035813
WWE isn't about getting wrestlers over, it's about getting WWE over. There are no "Little Cenas" or "Roman Legionaries", there's just "the WWE Universe". (Possible exception: Suplex City. But it doesn't get pushed by the commentators.)
>>
>>1035874

Dude. Brock isn't even over anymore. The only time Brock gets a pop is if something gets Suplexed or F5'ed to oblivion.

People stopped caring because realistically, Roman and Dean should be selling these ass kicking from Lesnar and Dean has finally figured out the best course of action for doing this but Roman? It literally took an asskicking from Triple H to get this faggot to sell and we won't be seeing him for the next 4 weeks because they're selling an injury angle.
>>
>>1035882
>Brock isn't even over anymore
let me guess Brian wasn't over, it was the "yes chant" wasn't it?
>>
>>1035921

Bryan is now so over people will shitchant his name when the segment isn't getting hijacked by the crowd

That retirement angle basically cemented Bryan forever
>>
>>1035813

>And yeah there is the factoid of “Raw needs jobbers” but does it really?

True jobbers used to be chubby dorks like the Brooklyn Brawler who were generally unimpressive, unathletic turds who probably worked backstage in some capacity (like a road agent or whatever) and were put in the ring because they know how to take a bump and there's nothing to be lost from jobbing them out to literally everyone.

Nowadays, they have several plenty talented wrestlers they make a point of telling us are really total scrubs and we shouldn't care in the slightest. Guys like Adam Rose certainly shouldn't be main eventers, but the booking and retard commentators should still be trying to put him over as a credible thread to upper carders, while he nonetheless brawls through the mid and low card and generally loses to upper carders.

Instead, what we get are the useless commentators burying everyone when they aren't talking about Cena's bowel movements or Roman's tax returns or some such stupid shit. Everything in this company seems to be geared towards something besides getting any of 95% of the roster over. It's a blend between social justice/charity attention whoring, jerking off retired or part time geezers, jerking off themselves over how cool they were literally two decades ago, and jerking themselves off over made up attendance numbers.

It's a carny clusterfuck run by a deluded egomaniac who has lost all of his marbles to senility.
>>
>>1035951

What sucks about the Social Outcasts gimmick is this gimmick works flawlessly on NXT but that would mean all 4 of these previous NXT born stars would have to take a paycut going to NXT, making less money, but similteiniously being more useful over there then being on Raw

Lose win.
>>
>>1035968

Yeah. Though the group itself could work quite fine on RAW if they dropped the contrived HASHTAGSOCIALJABRONI gimmick simply called themselves The Outcasts or some shit and simply whined about being shoved to the side by management and feuded with midcarders they think are treated better. Or some shit.

It REALLY shouldn't be that hard to do right, but here we are.
>>
>>1036002
kind of amazing how wwe gives the impression that literally any faggot from 4chan could book circles around the current writing and booking team
>>
>>1036002

That probably wouldn't work because booking like that is what got Sandow into the current hole he resignates in

Only in the WWE do you get punished for getting over.
>>
>>1036042
>Only in the WWE do you get punished for getting over.
That's right. You're meant to be getting the brand over, not yourself.
>>
>>1036042
>tfw that feel
it should not be this way. The fans cheer you you should get a push not get saddled with a garbage gimmick and then just get yanked off the show entirely when you're able to make that work somehow.
>>
>>1036036

Well, they've only got about 27 (seriously) different writers trying to get their ideas pushed. All led by a capricious lunatic. That's why there's hardly any continuity in pushes and angles and so on from week to week, unless Vince himself is dead set on a guy.

>>1036047

And that's why ratings are dead. No one wants to watch a wrestling company, they want to watch the wrestlers.
>>
File: 1454225916796.png (501KB, 577x605px) Image search: [Google]
1454225916796.png
501KB, 577x605px
Roster is excellent, and if well booked, has at least 5 potential superstars. WWE is terrible at booking, and they will bury 97% of their excellent roster.
>>
>>1036071
>27 writers
so would my pipedream ideal situation of firing 2 splitting the reamining 25 writers into 3 teams; 7 dedicated to the main event scene, 7 to the midcard with the remaining 11 being dedicated to editing and maintaining continuity of the main two writing teams along with making back up storylines and the divas division be remotely worth undertaking? especially if this ideal situation involved being able to tell Vince to fuck off and not get fired?

>>1036098
if a roster is well booked literally every member onthe roster should be a stand alone superstar in some way or another.
>>
>>1036122
Or you could just have a tight booking team like the successful days?
>>
File: Me Having Breakfast.jpg (58KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Me Having Breakfast.jpg
58KB, 853x480px
Do the guys who say the roster is good look like this?
>>
>>1036152
tighter booking team, less controlling boss. add one and chances are it'd get better. preferably the latter.
>>
>>1036153

That looks like a poster who complains about how the NXT divas are better than the main roster Divas

Bayley and Asuka are literally caring the entire division because Nia Jax and Eva Marie are fucking hopelessly garbage

Also we got worked into thinking Charlotte was good. She's not. she has to be carried by her dad.
>>
>>1036192
Flair doesn't even promo for Charlotte anymore.

NXT Women's Div. is low-key stacked right now:

> Emma
> Billie Kay
> Peyton Royce
> Athena

Dana, Bliss & Carmella are really coming along, too.
>>
>>1036215

>Naming all the no talent jobbers some of which don't even have gimmicks

Asuka and Bayley are the most over Divas in that division and Carmella is a fucking leech sucking the overness of her Tag-Team
>>
>>1036221
> booking = talent

Shut up >marky.
>>
>>1036228

>There are fags on /asp/ who invade /wooo/

OUT! You have your own board now!
>>
>>1036122

>11 being dedicated to editing and maintaining continuity

Thanks to CinemaSins, I know the old Bond films had a credit for "Continuity Girl." WWE needs a Continuity Girl.
>>
>>1036264

>Cinemasins

I'm wondering how many movies they'll be able to "review" before they call it quits

What are these guys in their 40's with either a massive stack of DVD's or they just renew their Netflix subscription periodically
>>
>>1036264
Well I mean...there were those storyboards that Kreski used in the post-Russo pre-Stephanie period

(A.K.A. the creative peak of the company)
>>
>>1036293

I'm sure actually writing and illustrating plans ahead of time would have a huge positive impact. And keeping those storyboards around would help them keep some fucking continuity.
>>
>>1036360
Judging by every other wrestling promotion on the planet, it does.

> fucking TNA has better booking than WWE
>>
>>1036446

That's debatable. They've long since forgot that Tyrus won Bound for Gold and should have cashed in his match already

Also, Shera's push prematurely halted and thank Christ it did because he was suppose to win the Championship during the India tour.

Also Heel Matt Hardy tries way too hard to differentiate himself from EC3. Meanwhile, Spud is going to be a fucking hilarious Heel.
>>
File: 1456688390365.jpg (35KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1456688390365.jpg
35KB, 480x640px
>>1037433

>I follow tna
>>
>>1037437

>I literally only watch Raw and NXT

Or alternatively

>I only shitpost along with /asp/ because my lifes worth is dictated on how many memes I can spout periodically
>>
>>1036446
>>1037433

I tried watching TNA. My first and only time giving it a shot was last year's Bound For Glory. I figure, why not watch one of their important PPVs to see the product at its best?

And I enjoyed it. The in-ring work was good. The production values were solid, not like ROH where it looks like some guy with a 90s handheld camera filmed it in someone's basement. The Ultimate X match was batshit crazy, like a ladder match on LSD. Very cool.

So this Tyrus guy wins the number one contendership and turns against his heel boss. Ok. That's a simple story, but whatever, I can watch that. This is pro wrestling, and as an NXT mark who loves Bayleys rise, I truly think that simple works best in wrestling.

So I've decided, you know what? I liked that! I'm going to watch the next Impact! And see where this goes.

Tune in to Impact, and its a tournament to determine the number one contender. A tournament with a really convoluted and stupid points system, and where the fuck did the storylines you actually managed to invest me in disappear to? What in the everloving fuck is this faggotry?

I turned Impact! off and rewatched that Mundo Vs Puma Ironman episode of Lucha Underground instead.

Fuck TNA. What a bullshit trash show.
>>
File: 1455519697407.jpg (26KB, 512x799px) Image search: [Google]
1455519697407.jpg
26KB, 512x799px
>>1037497

>I'm not mature enough to handle someone else disagreeing with me

18+
>>
File: not_sure_if_srs.jpg (29KB, 695x316px) Image search: [Google]
not_sure_if_srs.jpg
29KB, 695x316px
>>1035813
>We’re at a critical impass where no one on the Roster is over
Do you even watch any WWE?
Brock, Dean, The New Day, most of the other talent that is currently injured.
Just because they are injured doesn't mean they aren't over look at when Rollins came back to accept an award for fucks sake.
>>
File: image.png (267KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
267KB, 500x281px
>>1037825
>>
>>1036446
>>1037433
>>1037437
>>1037497
>>1037825
>>1041143
>>
>>1041587
Nearly as bad as NGayPWs
>>
>>1041587

no wonder aj is always looking around and taking it all in during his entrance.

he cant believe how many people he gets to wrestle in front of now.
>>
>>1041594
You see it all the time when he's in front of the WWE Universe. He's stunned by it.
>>
>>1035813
There is some really good talent, it's everything to do with creatives lack of... well creativity.

No one gets pushed properly, 50/50 booking everywhere, feuds and face/heel turns are picked up and dropped again at a moments notice. The whole thing is a fucking mess. It's not any real wonder why this is the lowest ratings that the "road to Wrestlemania" period (traditionally that lasts from the Royal Rumble to WM) has received in like 20 years.
>>
File: 1408495125910.jpg (100KB, 396x480px) Image search: [Google]
1408495125910.jpg
100KB, 396x480px
In case anyone was interested, the Raw ratings report came out a couple of hours ago

3.7 million people started off watching Raw

It dropped to 3.6 million from Stephanie McMahon to Vince McMahon and the Undertaker

and ended off the night to 3.5 million with Ambrose vs Del Rio

That's insane. Compared to how recent ratings drops have been over the past couple of months virtually everyone was watching Raw. Was there literally nothing else on?
>>
>>1043177
>Was there literally nothing else on?
no actually it was leap day so people probably just chilled out at home.
>>
>>1043179

So it seems WWE has found its audience

That 3+ million is never going to go any higher. Maybe on occasion it'll go up to 4 million but only if something random happens

and even The McMahon Family/Undertaker couldn't pop a rating.
>>
>>1043189
>and even The McMahon Family/Undertaker couldn't pop a rating.

Maybe they should consider building the show around characters who HAVEN'T been largely played-out for almost 15 years?
>>
>>1043197

Well you're not getting that wish since we're probably gonna get a Stephanie McMahon/Vince McMahon/Triple H/Shane O' Mac segment opening Raw next week.
>>
The main reason is quite obvious. Nearly everyone gets buried and even if they weren't, their characters are weaklings who lose even when they're Champions. It's true of the Wyatts, the Shield, and many others.

Cena's taken time off from burying people since Night of Champions, but the effects are severe enough to still be clear.

The part about the characters being weaklings, in particular, makes the problem twice as bad. The loser fans of today's WWE feel jealousy whenever someone that's actually larger than life appears. So they cheer absolute nobodies, pretending they like them for real reasons and form 'fake overness' that, whether it goes away or not, leaves the roster either (A) injured right when they're supposed to be strong or (B) losing to jobbers, and WWE has finally reached the outcome of this - a whole bunch of geeks wasting 3 hours per week. The (A) and (B) include Cesaro, Bryan, Rollins, Owens, 'Zayn', Wyatt, Barrett, Ziggler, and any other clowns that people pretend are great (not that they didn't have potential).

The mentality pervading modern pro wrestling that everyone has to be a lame version of an anime boy hero is largely due to John Cena. And ever since the rise of Bryan, it's only gotten far worse. The whole idea of Daniel Bryan is that he's weak and should win because he's weak.

This video explains what I am saying further: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwUPKv6TBNw
>>
>>1043235

I would argue that Wyatt is one of the few truly "larger than life" characters to become part of WWE in recent years. Seriously. Creepy backwoods swamp cult leader spouting prophecies of a coming Armageddon? Think of the potential.

Imagine a scenario where he went over Cena, went over Taker, went over Roman, and so on. And every time he went over one of these guys, they became bent to his twisted will.

Imagine after a decent period of him defeating and brainwashing the main event scene, how big a rub it would be for some midcard talent you want to elevate if they finally go over Bray and end his evil scheme.

Bray is more than a wasted opportunity to create a larger than life heel. He's a wasted opportunity to push a deserving babyface as well.

It's sad really.

And don't even get me started on the burial of the Long Island Iced Z. That's so far beyond shortsighted incompetence and in the realm of actual pettyness.
>>
>>1043260
spooky swamp man is still young though. so we don't know, but knowing wwe he is fucked
>>
>>1035968
>works flawlessly on NXT

everything works flawlessly on NXT, that crowd will give a huge reaction [positive or negative] to anything that steps foot in a wrestling ring
>>
>>1043269
It's almost like they know their investment will be rewarded or something!
>>
>>1043264

Oh, Spooky Swamp Man is completely fucked. There's no way WWE could make him look like a credible threat again.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.