[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So with rumors of a new WWE brand split how do you guys think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: WWE-Draft-600x250.jpg (38KB, 600x250px) Image search: [Google]
WWE-Draft-600x250.jpg
38KB, 600x250px
I can see a lot of good coming out of it
>If Roman is going to be the boring champ on Raw You can watch Smackdown for a different champion
>Bring Back The Big Gold Belt
>They can put The World Title on somebody they haven't given a proper shot to yet Dean, Dolph, KO and Cesaro
>They will need a heel gm considering Shane is face and Eric Bischoff immediately comes to mind since he did an interview on the Network it could happen
>People who aren't getting screen time have the opportunity to get some
>>
Put the us and wwe belt on raw

Put the ic and gold belt on smackdown
>>
>Paper thin roster, only about 50 active people
>Divas roster will be even worse, either one show has all terrible divas and one has decent ones or both are awful
>Tag division will be even weaker than before
>Only ~15 or so NXT guys who are ready for the call up
Why does anyone want this? It'll only emphasize the problems in WWE.
>>
>>1035659
>Divas roster will be even worse, either one show has all terrible divas and one has decent ones or both are awful
>Tag division will be even weaker than before
Then don't have those effected by the brand.

>Only ~15 or so NXT guys who are ready for the call up
15 is a lot also NXT is getting new people all the time they just got a new tag team
>>
>Ditch the US belt
>bring back cruiserweight belt so flippy people have something to do
>smackdown exclusive
>Bring back regular world title for raw and smack down
>tag teams and divas appear on either raw or smackdown
>kurt angle or stone cold GM
>have a lucha belt for luchas
>sign more luchas
>make it smack down exclusive
>>
You could have separate brands and book them differently without dividing the roster. For instance, divas and tag team competition appears exclusively or mainly on one brand. Individual belts, apart from the WHC, are contestednon one brand. The wrestlers however are free to appear on either brand.

Splitting the roster in 2 is objectively a bad idea and only limits what they can do creatively.
>>
>>1035653
>>They will need a heel gm considering Shane is face and Eric Bischoff immediately comes to mind since he did an interview on the Network it could happen
No, please. There's doing the same tired fucking heel figure authority for the last 25 years.
>>
File: 1452926308407.gif (2MB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1452926308407.gif
2MB, 125x125px
>Raw would need to go back to 2 hours.
>>
>>1035748
>Splitting the roster in 2 is objectively a bad idea and only limits what they can do creatively.
I think that's a bit superficial. Limits on creative can actually make for better art in other media, and I suspect that the same could be true for wrestling. For example, it's easy to shit on the heel stables when you have three, but if Smackdown had just the Wyatts they'd need to be used more carefully.
>>
>>1035653
>deanetty being a world champ
Roman on Raw, Ryback at SD until the A+Player comes back and unifies all the titles
>>
>>1035757
USA would not be happy
side note: that movie looks funny.
>>
>>1035653
There isn't enough talent to split the roster. That would be a fucking disaster!
>>
>>1035858
Seen it, was more full of feels than funny. Had some cute moments in it though.
>>
>>1035807
>would be more like
Cena SD champion
Roman as Raw champion
>both guys burying the entire roster

No fucking thanks!
>>
>>1035807
>ryback

i hope you know he'll be stuck in mid card for the rest of his life
>>
>>1035778
That's like amputating your arms to stop yourself from smoking. Just use the Wyatts better anyway. I hate that people impose these ridiculous restrictions when discussing possibilities or preferences or fantasy booking.

Instead of talking about what we'd like to happen, let's just talk about how exactly you'd like Reigns to win everything, since that's all that's goin to happen.
>>
I hope its true, merging the world and WWE belts was a huge mistake given it gave WWE even less reasons to give it to the midcard guys.

For example Sandow could had been world champion if he aimed his MitB cash in.

As for a heel manager, as long as he doesnt has storylines (Like he just favour heels) it would be cool.

Plus it should give wrestlers some less thight working schedules and reduce injuries.
>>
>>1035879
Not following the simile, desu. We're not talking about a bad habit or a permanent change, we're talking about the creative possibilities opened up by a more limited palatte. You seem to be incapable of imagining that less would be more, and I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>1035890
You know what else would open up a lot of creative possibilities?

Vince getting put in a home.
>>
>>1035866
I can live with feels.
>>
>>1035653
>wanting ziggler anywhere near a world championship
>>
>>1035886
>two world titles
Absolutely shit idea. Completely devalues the idea of there being a top prize. Made my skin crawl when Jericho was talking to Mark Henry on Smackdown "from one world champion to another", knowing full well they meant totally different things, which they seem to acknowledge or ignore at their own convenience. It's an awkward elephant in the room and it's somewhat demeaning. Unify the IC and US belts, make it a prestigious upper midcard belt, and introduce a new one like the cruiserweight title or something.

>sandow as world champion
Just no. His gimmick was good, but it became painfully clear after he broke up with the Miz how shine really is.

>giving wrestlers time off
Just circulate who appears on TV and at house shows better. NXT and Lucha Underground manage this just fine, and they managed in the Attitude Era. Every wrestler didn't wrestle every week, not even the top guys. If they wanted them on TV they gave them other shit to do.
>>
>>1035886
I still get pissed thinking about how they fed Cena Sandows briefcase for a fucking ratings boost during monday night footbal.
>>
>>1035890
Why cut off your arms when you can just quit? Why split the roster and deprive yourself of some great potential to solve problems which you're just too stubborn to solve anyway? There is plenty that can only be done with a joined roster, and very little which be done with a split roster. It was a good gimmick for a while, especially when the roster was bursting with talent post-invasion, but it does more harm than good in the long run.
>>
>>1035915
>Absolutely shit idea.
Nah it´s a good idea, right now you can count with a finger what guys would been given a tittle reign because now the WWE chapionship can only be given to sure draws (in Theory). The World championship allowed guys like Booker, Benoit, Henry, Undertaker, Kane, Big Show have lenghty title reigns and that was awesome.

Sandow "Intelectual savior of the masses" gimmick was good and could had been an interesting angle with him feuding to a representative of said masses.

>Just circulate who appears on TV
Hard to do with the current star power.

>>1035916
Yeah Sandow should had at least got a short tittle reign but as i said given the WWE is so coveted it makes WWE more hesitant to give it to midcard guys like Sandow.
>>
>>1035659
>Paper thin roster, only about 50 active people
Sure, the roster isn't Invasion/RA heavy, but the there's way more talented people right now than in 2002-2008
>>
>>1035933
>given the WWE is so coveted it makes WWE more hesitant to give it to midcard guys like Sandow.

Didn't stop them from giving it to Miz.
>>
>>1035946
Miz was over at that time witouth too much heels to draw heat.

He was a transitional champion.
>>
>>1035949
Barrett was red-hot at the time, for one.
>>
>>1035933
Henry's reign was great. It was the top title when held by Undertaker and Benoit, and there rest were forgettable and ultimately meaningless. Doesn't change the fact that the exact same can be achieved by bringing prestige to the IC or US belt (or unifying them).

Circulating the roster is no harder than splitting it, it just makes more sense.
>>
>>1035950
Was he? I only remember him being hot during the Nexus.

>>1035959
While thats true the midcard tittles have long lost any prestige they had (Cena gave the US tittle a good rub but in the end it didnt work) and while you might consider those other guys run meaningless it didnt change that it elevated them which was something it wasnt allowed for the WWE tittle which is why Cena held it for so long and why he was always in the picture.
>>
>>1035943
>Neville
>Breeze
>Ascension
>Ambrose
>Reigns
>Rollins
>KO
>Stale Day
>Lucha Dragons
>Usos
>Wyatts
>Ryback
>Ziggler

>better than

>Cena
>Batista
>Orton
>Bork
>Rock
>Austin
>JBL
>Edge
>Y2J (before cool dad)
>Younger Taker
>Hardys
>Triple H
>Guerreros and [REDACTED]

+18
>>
>>1035971
...Miz won the world title while The Nexus was still around.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 320x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 320x250px
>>1035943
>current roster
>better than 2002-2008 roster
>>
>>1035971
Big Show, Booker and Kane were in no way elevated by their reigns. Big Show and Booker were huge stars from WCW. Kane was over despite no world titles and is no more over because of it.
>>
>>1035976
> JBL
> Orton
> Batista

> good
>>
>>1035913
This joke is old
>>
>>1035994
It's actually pretty new since most smarks loved him until for some reason they realize how shit he was about a year ago.
>>
>>1035982
>JBL wasn't good in 2004-2005
>Orton's legend killer gimmick wasn't based
>Big Dave wasn't good
>>
>>1035981>
>Booker
>no way elevated by their reigns
Wrong. Not only got him over as fuck but also allowed him to make use of his KotR tittle in an effective way.
>>
>>1036000
Sorry, I wasn't 12 back then.
>>
>>1036006
I didn't like them back then but in hindsight, legend killer Orton and JBL were actually pretty based. Batista has always been as vanilla as fuck though.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.