[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The AJ Styles Conflict

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 8

File: gay community.jpg (11KB, 350x253px) Image search: [Google]
gay community.jpg
11KB, 350x253px
AJ Styles is in the place where you can't let him rise too fast, but people know he has potential to become a huge star right away and hate to see him putter in the midcard. How long will it take to get AJ into the main event scene, and when is Reigns vs. Styles?
>>
>Reigns isn't ready after being here for multiple years
>but Styles is after being in for a month
Explain smarks
>>
>>1029398
I don't hate Reigns as much as other people do, I just think we was booked awfully. Styles, however, has a lot of the traits people claim Reigns doesn't have, like charisma.
>>
>>1029398
dont really give a shit about reigns or styles but styles has been wrasslin almost 15 years longer than ramen has
>>
>>1029432

Try eating a meal that wasn't made by McDonald's or your mother
>>
He's 38 years old, not some young buck. If he's main event talent, put him in the main event.
>>
AJ & JERICHO ARE A TAG TEAM NOW AND WILL PROBABLY FACE THE NEW DAY AT WRESTLEMANIA.
>>
>>1029398
>Implying he hasn't being wrestling as long as Roman
kek
>>
>AJ Styles is in the place where you can't let him rise too fast,

Why? New Japan put the IWGP World Title on him in his first match and it worked out best for everybody, including WWE.

>>1029444
>Try eating a meal that wasn't made by McDonald's

He says, while defending Reigns.

Brilliant.
>>
>>1029398
aj has been wrestling since WCW

are you retarded
>>
>>1029398
Styles actually managed to get over.
>>
>>1029393
>Reigns vs. Styles

Roman's shown that he's too weak to safely take the Styles Clash, so probably never. It's pretty fucking pathetic that a guy they praise as athletic can't hold himself up for a move that Abyss could handle, but that's WWE for you.
>>
>>1029896
> Reigns botches the Styles Clash
> breaks his neck
> WWE is saved
>>
>>1029904
>implying that they wouldn't find another equally limited worker to be the face of the company

It's the booking, stupid.
>>
>>1029910
You just admitted that Reigns is a no-talent hack, m8.

Who else appeals to Vince's fetishes + desire for "mainstream" "acceptance"?
>>
>>1029930
>You just admitted that Reigns is a no-talent hack, m8.
It's not a secret. But there's not much point in blaming Reigns for his inadequacies. Under a different regime, he could play a role in the midcard.

>Who else appeals to Vince's fetishes + desire for "mainstream" "acceptance"?
I don't watch NXT, so I'm not sure who they have down there as "the next face of the company". But if you think McMahon is going to change his spots after all these time, you're deluded.

My advice is, if you don't like WWE's product and you still like wrestling, watch a different wrestling show.
>>
File: big-e-900x780.jpg (144KB, 900x780px) Image search: [Google]
big-e-900x780.jpg
144KB, 900x780px
>>1029944
I can blame Reigns for sucking as much as I like.

After all: he's just a guy getting rich.

> I don't watch NXT, so I'm not sure who they have down there as "the next face of the company". But if you think McMahon is going to change his spots after all these time, you're deluded.

I don't, but at least you're honest about knowing nothing.

Pic Related is everything Vince says he wants and believes Reigns is.
>>
>>1029398
one has been in the business for a decade and a half. the other has only been in for half a decade and is only in the spot he's in because Vince decided "he's got the look"

I won't defend either mans mic skills but I can at least say AJ has miles and miles of more experience as a wrestling performer than Roman. Additionally I don't intend to mock anyone for defending Roman, I'll just say Roman could do well to go back to nxt and develop his skills all around.
>>
>>1029910
>It's the booking, stupid.
makes me wonder how thick skinned Roman is to take all those boos. Can't help but think he has enough creative control that he could (if he thought it) go to mcmahon and say "I don't think this is gonna work for me."

unless of course this is one of those instances where "is he stupid enough to tel la control freak like vince he's wrong" in which case I could see why Roman would never say he wasn't enjoying himself
>>
>>1029398
AJ Styles is a veteran who understands Pro wrestling and sports entertainment.
>>
>>1030170
>one has been in the business for a decade and a half. the other has only been in for half a decade
And which one is better on the mic? What does that tell you about who to bet the future on?
>>
>>1030279
didn't I say I'm not making any judgement on their mic skills? I never watched TNA or any of AJ's other indie work and wwe's barely let him hold a mic so I have nothing to go on, and Roman can be summed up as "Anti-The Rock"

and I hate the notion that I have to bet the future on a performers Mic Skills. I'm not watching wrestling for the talking, Yeah the catchphrases and the cool promo shit is nice, but at the end of the day I'm watching wrestling for the wrestling.
>>
>>1030049
People don't want a darkie as the world champion
>>
WHY ARE YOU ALL SO STUPID

HAVE YOU SEEN HOW VINCE BOOKS EVERYONE WHO ISN'T A "WWE GUY" HIS WHOLE CAREER AND YOU THINK AJ IS EVER NOT GOING TO BE A MIDCARDER?

FUCKING DUMBASSES WHO STILL WATCH WWE IN 2016
>>
>>1030309
Ah, yes. Imagine how much more money The Rock could've made if he wasn't black.
>>
>>1030049
No he isn't. He's not attractive.
>>
>>1030279
>And which one is better on the mic?

Styles is actually better than Tater Tots on the mic, bud.
>>
>>1030321
The Rock ISN'T black.
>>
>>1030319
>he's gonna be a perma-midcarder
he's probably got a a good million pay in his contract considering how big of a deal they made his signing. he has at least A wwe championship reign. I guarantee it
>>
>>1030258
Roman probably doesn't have any creative control. That's pretty high-end stuff in a contract. Not sure how much he's enjoying himself, but the money's good so why sweat it?

>>1030279
Can't compare. Styles was good on the stick at TNA, because they let him express himself. WWE scripts everything into the shitter.
>>
>>1030323
Didn't stop him from banging your waifu
>>
>>1030279
Styles. What point were you trying to make here?
>>
>>1030330
Yes he is, it's February
>>
>>1030337
Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>1030330
>The Rock isn't black
>His Dad is black
>his mother is somoan

well he sure as fuck ain't white familio
>>
>>1030343
I'm not the one who cares about how SEXC a wrestler is, so no.

A real shame that Stone Cold feller wasn't a teen idol, he might've actually drawn then.
>>
>>1029393
Is Styles shit on the mic? he hasn't cut a fucking promo outside of small interviews,hell literally Jericho cuts promos for him, he can't be worse than Roman
>>
>>1030279
Styles is literally better than Roman at everything except height. Fucking idiot
>>
>>1030364
hes adequate, is the best word for it.
>>
>>1030347
he claims samaon so hes samoan.
>>
>>1030370
Adequate like Cesaro or Adequate like Seth Rollins
>>
>>1030364
He was amusing as a dipshit heel in BizCliz:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2jfq8o
>>
>>1030347
>well he sure as fuck ain't white familio

Nobody ever made this argument lol
>>
>>1030386
> cuts off before AJ gets started

Goddammit
>>
>>1030384
somewhere in between, hes better if he keeps it short if he has to go long hes cesaro like where he has to think harder and might stumble.
>>
File: stunningsteve.jpg (5KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
stunningsteve.jpg
5KB, 150x150px
>>1030350
>A real shame that Stone Cold feller wasn't a teen idol
All the references to "stunning" in his gimmicks hark back to Austin's days as "Stunning Steve".
>>
>>1030373
He says he's half-black half-Samoan
>>
>>1030399
Yeah, but let's not pretend that Austin draw because he was pretty.

> tfw no Hollywood Blondes compilation
>>
>>1030406
If his dad was not africa black he's probably not even 1/2 black. Either way point is skin color and features he looks like a dark samoan not a full colored person like new day
>>
>>1030424
Either way, he was enough of a not!white for it to concern those who care about such things.
>>
>>1030439
Nobody said anything about being white but that a black champion wouldn't draw well. The Rock doesn't do anything to disprove this because he's not black but a samoan with a touch of african
>>
>>1030452
>but that a black champion wouldn't draw well.

Citation Fucking Needed.
>>
>>1030468
>Citation Fucking Needed
Junkyard Dog was only #2 babyface in North America despite having Mid-South's vast media machine to prop him up. The people wanted Hulk and that showed through despite Vince's limited resources.

Shit, you said Citation needed, not Sarcasm needed. I'm sorry.
>>
>>1030511
It's alright m8, I got a giggle out of it.
>>
>>1030468
People only like black people in American sports because they want to see really good athletes and the media forces it.

In wwe it's not just athletics but personality,ability to tell a story in the ring,technical ability and mic skills. Very hard to find a proper black who can do these things,carry himself in a way that doesn't look like he's just a thug, and be a reliable enough person backstage to deserve to get put into top positions.
>>
>>1030519
Here's your reply
>>
>>1030577
You offended or something ?
>>
>>1030584
I'm not really a fan of such low-quality posting, no.

Can only hope that you're baiting and not genuinely that moronic.
>>
>>1030587
Interesting. I am "moronic" for believing in science, and american history that backs up everything I just said.
>>
>>1030604

Stay cuck'd
>>
>>1030609
I'm cucked says the guy that believes in blank slate and black excellence lol
>>
>>1030612

>lol
>XD

Have a retweet Becky
>>
>>1030615
First day on 4chan or something ?
>>
>>1030604
I wasn't aware that:

>In wwe it's not just athletics but personality,ability to tell a story in the ring,technical ability and mic skills.

...counted as "science".

Buy a rope.
>>
>>1030656
All of these things can be measured scientifically as a facotr of intelligence and athletic ability

>You're this mad about me calling out blacks as low IQ

Stay mad at science
>>
Surreal
>>
File: sciencebitch.gif (787KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
sciencebitch.gif
787KB, 500x300px
>>1030656
>>1030659
>>
>>1030659
You're certainly showing off what "facotrs" lead to your low IQ.

Eat shit #faget
>>
>>1029393
AJ Styles won the IWGP Heavyweight Championship in his debut. Fuck Roman Reigns being shoved down our throat.

>Samoa Joe and AJ Styles will never feud over the WWE Championship
>>
>>1029944
>outlel wrestlersIn
>>
>>1030688
>Hashtags on 4chan
>>
>>1030700
> not knowing the meme
>>
>>1030702
>2007 + 9
>meming
>>
>>1029944

Apollo Crews has face of the company potential, if he can improve on the mic. Which is a big if at this point. He's a big, muscular type who looks good doing power moves, so that should appeal to Vince. But he does flippy shit too, and he's an ex-indie guy so theres neckbeard appeal as well. And he's likeable.

The big negative against him is that he's black, and WWE doesn't have a great history when it comes to black talent.
>>
>>1030709
Big E has that "Face of the Company" potential that WWE delusionally believes Roman has.
>>
>>1030709
The last black talent WWE put faith in tried to fight Vince during a retirement ceremony
>>
>>1030715
No he doesn't.
>>
>>1030723
Are they all the same to you?

> midcard semi-push
> "faith"
>>
File: tumblr_nzihiuVvrK1sbzhteo1_400.gif (1MB, 389x259px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzihiuVvrK1sbzhteo1_400.gif
1MB, 389x259px
>>1029944

6'1", 240 lbs. Does spin out powerbomb, delayed vertical and German suplexes, but also does standing moonsaults and shit. He can do a standing shooting star press as well, but he hasn't really used it since coming to WWE.
>>
>>1030729
He was on his way to a title shot. WWE was pushing him as a major face after he got that father of the year award.
>>
>>1030728
Present your argument.

>>1030736
>He was on his way to a title shot.

I really hope you mean one of the midcard belts and not the WWE World Title because top fucking kek if you do
>>
>>1030330

Yes, The Rock is black.
>>
AJ is garbage on mic, has no gimmick, and should not be main event material until he fixes these things.
>>
Also for all the turbo-nerd fags talking about Jap shit - Japs can't tell he has a retarded redneck accent. He is just scary foreign white guy to them, completely inapplicable to WWE.
>>
>>1030749
>is garbage on mic, has no gimmick,

We're not talking about Roman Reigns lad
>>
>>1030737
Big E would have to make a major turn to be taken seriously as a World Heavyweight. He has the body sure, but his silly gimmick plus how heavily tied in with New Day he is means breaking out Solo would require some creative writing

>WWE
>Writing talent

That being said him holding the Heavyweight belt WHILE New Day has the tag belts would be a very interesting circumstance. Too bad New Day needs to drop the belts for awhile because it's getting a bit stale.

>>1030741
The Rock is part black but he clearly is mainly samoan thus is known as a samoan.
>>
>>1030756
> casual racism
> bad opinions

Stick to your channel nobody cares about, Right SmarkCuck.
>>
>>1030756
> 5 foot 8
> scary
Why are gooks so pathetic lads?
>>
>>1030761
I'd just like to point out that Cena was a non-ironic Vanilla Ice ripoff well into his 1st WWE Title reign.
>>
>>1030765

Because they aspire to be British
>>
>>1030764
Fuck off tumblr
>>
>>1030765
Ask Yoshitatsu's neck.
>>
>>1030764
>Complaining about "racism" on 4chan

Am I being trolled ?
>>
>>1030775
18+
>>
>>1030764
I'm not being racist. It's the same as Rusev or something here - he would look like an idiot joke anywhere where the language was actually spoken. Just because Jap fans are convinced by Styles means almost nothing in terms of American fans.

I also think it would be fucking stupid to seriously push a 40+ year old, but that's a separate point.
>>
>>1030779
I don't think you have the slightest idea how Japanese wrestling works.
>>
>>1030779
Rusev is low-key one of the better promos in WWE though.

Styles has been getting over in front of American fans for literally his entire career, silly.
>>
>>1030777
That's a yes
>>
>>1030758
AJ is actually worse than Reigns on mic, and has about the same amount of "character" (i.e., none).

He is much better in-match, no doubt, but just being good in-match doesn't make a main eventer. It would honestly be pathetic if WWE considered a has-been TNA champion to main event.
>>
why does he come out to black music?
>>
>>1030704
>complaining about memes in 2k16
>while using meme arrows
>>
>>1030794
>AJ is actually worse than Reigns on mic

Wrong.

>It would honestly be pathetic if WWE considered a has-been TNA champion to main event.

What, did they sign RVD again?
>>
>>1030800
>music has colors
>>
>>1030804
>getting trilled that easily
>>
File: 1451697672106.jpg (14KB, 303x276px) Image search: [Google]
1451697672106.jpg
14KB, 303x276px
>>1030347

When the cops pull him over, he'll turn into a black guy real quick
>>
>>1030787
I like Rusev.

I'm saying that Styles succeeding in Jap wrestling as a member of a foreigner stable is completely inapplicable to WWE.

>getting over in front of American audiences

Anyone can get "over" in TNA. His matches in WWE have been average at best. I don't even dislike the guy, I just have no fucking idea why everyone is shooting their load over him when he hasn't really done jack shit anything in WWE and has no gimmick and no personality and no story.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 550x550px
>>1030305
>I'm watching wrestling for the wrestling
>>
>>1030807
don`t be gay
>>
>>1030822
18+
>>
>>1030820
Well, duh. Do you watch hockey for the interviews?
>>
>>1030800
too many SJW here to get an actual answer but I`ve always wondered this too
>>
>>1030347
How comes he looks so samoan? He hardly looks black at all.
>>
>>1030818
>Anyone can get "over" in TNA.

lel imagine being this wrong.

>His matches in WWE have been average at best.

Considering that his only opponents have been CringeDad, #SocialJobbers and >MIZ that's hardly on him.

> why is everybody into a guy who's been killing it all over the world since the early 2000s

How can you be this clueless?
>>
>>1030794
AJ is actually over though and is moving more merch than Roman in his first month
>>
>>1030832
He hides his nappy hair by shaving it and he got Samoan lips
>>
>>1030831
Styles has used rap music for pretty much the entirety of his career.
>>
>>1030832
Finish high school.
>>
>>1030836
>killing it the world over since the 2000s

So no one gives a shit besides turbo-need internet wrestling fags? Why should I give a fuck about that?

Come out with a good gimmick, good promo, and compelling story...otherwise there is no reason to care.
>>
>>1030842
People act high and mighty when you ask but if Big E came out to garth brookes they would be debating why he chose white music for an intro and you`d gert an answer not a bunch of piss baby white people getting offended on behalf of others
>>
>>1030831
Because he's from the South. Some black workers (JYD's the best known) got hugely over in the promotions down there in the late 70s and early 80s, and it's left an imprint on southern wrestling culture. The question about Styles is a bit like asking, "Why did Dusty Rhodes talk like a black guy?"
>>
>>1030856
makes sense, cheers.
>>
>>1030850
What you say about the lack of a story is absolutely true. Creative seem to be torn about Styles' gimmick - sometimes they want to just make his gimmick the "International Ace" (not the best face packaging), sometimes that's blended with a never-say-die redneck gimmick. To be honest, I think they're branding him as the second coming of He Who Shall Not Be Named. Promos, frankly, are a lost art at the WWE. Even Heyman doesn't exactly rock the mic there.

But despite all that, AJ has been getting good crowd reactions. So if, as you say, the only people who give a shit about his international work are turbo-need internet wrestling fags, that description would apply to WWE's main audience...
>>
Gonna throw my opinion in here, I don't know shut about AJ Styles except for watching TNA a few years ago and he was like Ric Flairs prodigy or something, I know he was big in the Indies and Japan but I've never watched those Japanese promotions, everything I've heard about Bullet Club has been on the internet. Same with Finn, Owens, Itamu, Asuka and Nakamura, I knew of them but never saw them until their debut in WWE.
As far as AJ is concerned I was really happy to see him debut mainly because I've heard a lot about him and saw the ifd interview while browsing wrestling stuff on YouTube but I was basically excited to see a new face join the roster, especially a talent labeled as one of the best wrestlers in the world, I was anticipating his debut in excitement too see what he's going to bring to WWE and so far he's delivered, his much skills need work but his wrestling speaks for itself, he's phenomenal to watch.
>>
>>1030850
WWE babbies getting pissy over somebody watching more wrestling than their entry-level children's program will never stop being funny.

>Come out with a good gimmick, good promo, and compelling story...otherwise there is no reason to care.

Why the fuck do you watch WWE if you want any of those things?

The most compelling story they've told in the last 15 years was an ACCIDENT from their own incompetence!
>>
>>1030851
> Garth Brookes

I barely recognise this name.
>>
>>1030851
>garth brookes

Who?
>>
>>1030831
Apparently Aj Styles is a big christian hip hop fan lmao. He presented an award for best rap/hip hop album to Lecrae at GMA(Gospel Music Association)Dove Award.
>>
>>1030829
I watch it for the fights, like a real man.
>>
>>1029398
You clearly haven't seen his indy or NJPW work, much less the good yet inferior matches he had in TNA, fucking mark.
>>
More like gayj
>>
>>1030829
Nah I read Playboy for the articles
>>
>>1030971
And that accident was?
>>
>>1037577
CM Punk shooting as a heel on promos
>>
>>1037591
Sounds like you got SmarkBusted by the reign of CM Punk
>>
Aj styles will win the tags then then the us then the whc
>>
>>1037581
It was a work.
>>
>>1030364
Vince doesn't like southerners or their accents so he gives them very little mic time. Except JBL but only because he's a """""""""legend"""""""
>>
>>1046119
are you implying he did the gay things with jbl? because that is pretty much confirmed 100% true knowing JBL did gay shit to edge and the hardy boys, and vince having a boner for body builders
>>
>>1046123
I wasn't implying anything, stop projecting your homo fantasies onto everything you see
>>
>>1046123
> JBL
> bodybuilder
>>
>>1046125
There not fantasies.

edge literally confirmed jbl raped him in the showers
>>
>>1046126
do you not know how to ready nigger?

Jbl did faggot things to edge and the hardy boys. and we know vince is gay for liking body builders
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.