[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tna/ Lockdown thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: mhvec3.jpg (130KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
mhvec3.jpg
130KB, 640x640px
Tonight's Impact Wrestling is the Lockdown event, with all of the matches contested in TNA's six-sided steel cage. The card:

>Main Event: Matt Hardy (c) vs. Ethan Carter III for the World Heavyweight Championship
>X-Division Title match: Trevor Lee vs. Tigre Uno
>Eli Drake vs. Odarg the Great
>Lethal Lockdown: Gail Kim & Beautiful People vs. The Dollhouse
>Beer Money vs. Young & Bram

Our friends at /wooo/ should start streaming in about fifteen minutes.
>>
>>1019643
>watching TNA
>>
>>1019643
>>
>>1019643
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwNRFmCC7bE
TNA is literally a wrestling based spin-off series of the Office. Which was never funny.
>>
>>1019673
Yes. The booking is good, the talent is decent, and the crowds are fun. I'd much rather watch OK workers getting used well than superstars being booked like garbage.
>>
>>1019686
You should watch good wrestlers being booked well.

[spoiler]Lucha[/spoiler]
>>
>>1019701
I don't care for LU. I'm not saying you're a bad person for liking it, but it's too far into sports entertainment for my tastes.
>>
>>1019714
It isn't at all sports entertainment. It's a tv show that is wrestling, not vice verse. I am saying you're a bad person for putting TNA over LU. Your tastes are literally shit.
>>
>>1019726
>being this aggressive over taste

I don't know why you feel so threatened by someone actually liking a thing you don't like, but my advice is to just calm down and enjoy your own hobbies rather than worrying so much about whether they're popular.
>>
>>1019738
>think that's being aggressive

No one is threatened, I am only stating my opinion. Quit being a defensive pussy over it.
>>
>>1019686
>crowds are fun

Last time i watched, TNA were faking the crowd reactions. You could tell because you could see the bored listless crowd, but hear chants that seemingly emanated from nowhere.
>>
>>1019761
Not sure when you last watched, but their last show looked right. Some segments fell flat and got silence, while I could see waving arms and people standing with the big crowd pops.

Crowd seemed pretty into tonight's opener (Beer Money vs. Bram and Young), but maybe the Knockouts or something will kill them.
>>
>>1019784
>maybe the Knockouts or something will kill them
Trevor Lee and Tigre Uno did their best to kill the crowd. X-Division in a cage should have been a crazy spotfest but they started slow and started fatigue selling after a minute. There was just a cross-body off the top of the cage and that does make things a little better but things are a bit flat as the Knockouts start off.
>>
>>1019738
Because he's a faggot that erp's pokemon with other men like all lucha underground fans
>>
Matt Hardy is the main champion?!? WTF
>>
>>1019896
>defending TNA
>calls the other guy a pokemon fan
>>
>>1019937
Kys beato
>>
>>1019896
I think it's just the feeling that there's a limited number of wrestling fans who watch things that aren't WWE, so one's favourite show can only get over if the other alternatives get buried.

Vince has really fucked up people's ideas about wrestling.

>>1019911
Yeah, he's still a good worker even if he looks pretty bad these days. Hardy's working as a heel to help build EC3 as the Face of TNA. (They just had Kurt Angle give Ethan a personal endorsement.)

Knockouts match was surprisingly enjoyable, but it kinda makes sense in hindsight. There was an unsurprising "twist" in the match, but the basic idea of having weapons and a cage to make up for the more limited ring skills is time-tested. Plus the novelty factor was a bit of a draw.
>>
>>1019964
>I think it's just the feeling that there's a limited number of wrestling fans who watch things that aren't WWE, so one's favourite show can only get over if the other alternatives get buried.
The people who don't watch WWE or TNA pretty much watch all the other "popular" programs such as ROH, LU, NJPW and AAA. You don't know what you're talking about. There isn't any company loyalty to the people who aren't WWE or TNA fans, they don't watch them because they suck.
>>
WWE is the only promotion that treats wrestling like what it is and always will be, [spoiler]sports[/spoiler].
>>
>>1020002
Funny you say that. The intro to tonight's Lockdown claimed straight-up that it was a sports event. Clearly they're trying to troll the /asp/ies, too.
>>
Rest of the TV special was pretty fun, I recommend catching a replay. Might want to skip Eli vs. Odarg if you don't like comedy wrestling. Maybe skip it even if you do like comedy wrestling, it wasn't that engaging.

>>1019984
>sweeping generalisations
I get that you don't like TNA. I understood that the /wwe/ friends don't like it either. But most of them saw a /tna/ thread and thought "this is not in my interests" and went past it. Those that did feel the need to post variations on loltna did so once and moved on, maybe hiding the thread so that they didn't have to confront the awful reality that someone likes tna.

Only you are deranged enough to keep trying to pick a fight over someone liking a thing you don't like. Which makes me feel like the LU threads on here must be complete cancer with people getting attacked for daring to mark out over a worker you don't like.

And now you're saying that you'll shit up NJPW, ROH, and AAA threads, too. Awesome. I like NJPW from time to time (their ringwork is awesome) but clearly there's no point in discussing it on this board.
>>
>>1020355
Jesus fucking Christ you faggot little bitch white knight how new are you? No wonder you like TNA.

>And now you're saying that you'll shit up NJPW, ROH, and AAA threads, too.
No I didn't, I watch all of those. I said the exact opposite. Learn how to read.
>>
>>1019643
>>1019686
>>1019738
>>1020355

Anon you are supporting a company which objectively based on money is a failing product

a slight uptick in ratings is not a indication of anything beyond a slight increase of viewers

you have to be able to take honest criticism
>>
>>1020355
You just have to deal with the fact that some of these faggots will throw every single toy out of their pram if you mention anything not related to WWE. Hell, they'll even REEEE the fuck out screaming "muh indies/peruresringu" for things related to wwe if it doesn't meet their personal all-knowing approval. Anything Kevin Owens related for instance. You just know they're itching for the first Nakamura appearances so they can shitpost hardcore.

On topic, I watched TNA weekly from 08 to 13. It had its ups and downs, I remember Turning Point 09 being outstanding. Seemed to turn to shit with Hogan so I lost interest, is it improving yet?
>>
>>1020449
You realize the guy he is mad at isn't a WWE supporter, right?
>>
>>1020449

> I'm too fat and lazy to even watch TNA myself so I'll just ask somebody else
>>
>>1020456
>lol you watch a failing company in tna
>lol you're too fat and lazy to watch tna

Proving my point with some bonus contradictions. wew lad, wew
>>
>>1020477
>not even the same people
>>
>>1020481
>my shitposting matters
>>
>>1020485
Not liking TNA is not shitposting.
>>
>>1020491
>too fat and lazy to watch tna
>>
>>1020500
Wasn't me.
>>
>>1020503
Then why bring up something that wasn't implied?
>>
>>1020513
Because there's more than one person who doesn't like TNA in this thread. Are you stupid?
>>
>>1020516
No but clearly you might be. Why would I claim not liking Tna is shitposting when I just said I used to watch Tna and it got shit so I stopped?
>>
>>1020530
I'm referring to myself you literal fucking idiot. I'm not you and I'm not the guy who called you fat.

Holy fuck you are dense.
>>
>>1020533
Jesus fucking christ your comprehension.
>>
>>1020530

>someone insulted my weight and called me lazy and I can't let it go

You really are a TNA fan
>>
>>1020539
Nice try backpeddling.
>>
>>1020542
>he literally wrote he doesn't watch tna and wanted to know if it's getting good again
>I'll call him a tna fan
>>
>>1020545

I don't think you've ever done any pedalling in your life
>>
>>1020549
Wrong again. Keep digging your grave. I'd love to bring you to Vegas.
>>
>>1020550

>I'd love to bring you to Vegas

I'm not gay
>>
>>1020545
I'm aware there's more than one person who hates tna in here.
One retard who seems to thing not watching tna means I'm a tna fan, and you.
>>
>>1020549
>>1020550
>>1020556
Wew lads.
>>
>>1020550

Are you still bringing people to Vegas?
>>
>>1019643
>Beer Money

Is Storm only part-time with NXT then or did he leave?
>>
>>1020825
He left, TNA offered him way more money apparently
>>
>>1020374
>Anon you are supporting a company which objectively based on money is a failing product
OK, but I like their product at the moment. I think other people could like it too if they gave it a shot.

>you have to be able to take honest criticism
I have no problem with what you're saying in this post. If TNA has business problems so bad they go bust - OK, I'll enjoy it while I can. If they resolve their problems - cool, I get to enjoy it for longer.

>>1020449
The company's pushing new guys rather than relying on old stars. Their "old names" at the moment are Angle and (I guess) the Hardys, and Kurt & Matt are working programs to push younger talent.

I recommend giving it a look. It's not perfect, but TNA is at least trying to give the fans what they want.
>>
>>1020866
It's about time they started pushing younger talent over the older ones. I remember them continually ramming Main Event Mafia down everyone's throat, while Petey Williams, Hernandez and Samoa Joe were all red hot over and screaming for a push
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.