[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BiOrb Life Aquarium

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: timthumb.jpg (64KB, 920x960px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.jpg
64KB, 920x960px
Does anyone have any experience with these? My gf wants an aquarium for christmas and likes the look of these, but all the reviews are pretty contradictory. Some say the 15L version is only good for shrimp and fish will die, while other reviews say that whoever says that is some sort of purist and they've had fish in them no problem.

Anyone have any thoughts?
>>
anyone?
>>
>>2276539
If you pick a hardy species of fish, it might live a couple months. Maybe you could get a couple years out of a betta if you live in a warm climate.
But yeah, they are shit for keeping fish in. Especially if you want those fish to be healthy and live their full lifespan.

It probably be better for her to pick out the creatures she'd like to see in a tank, then find a tank appropriately sized to the needs of whatever she thinks is pretty.
>>
>>2276564
Thanks, I really appreciate the reply. That's a shame, but I know she wouldn't want to be torturing and then replacing them every few months.
>>
>>2276570
Alternatively, just get the biggest tank you can afford and have space for. If it's 20 gallons plus, it makes care much easier, gives you more options and more room to make mistakes.
>>
>>2276539
Really, the size of those tanks isn't so terrible. The 15L has the same footprint as a standard 2.5 gallon, which people have used to keep a couple of different animals (mainly bettas and inverts). What makes them worse than a standard tank is the air-driven undergravel filtration (it works, but it's a pain in the ass), low quality light, and a stupid opening that makes maintenance more difficult
The larger models would be fine for a number of different fish, but you'd want to use the dimensions of the tank's footprint for stocking rather than the volume of the tank.

Honestly, for the money you can get a larger, more traditional style tank that will be a lot easier to maintain and give you more options for stocking. What part of the world are you in?
>>
>>2276602
2.5 gallons gives you hardly any options other than a snail, a few shrimp OR a betta.
It's a shitty size and I wish this whole "start out with a small tank to see if you like it" shit would die out.
>>
>>2276611
>"start out with a small tank to see if you like it"
I never said that, because you're right. That's complete bullshit.

There are other options for a 2.5 gallon tank, but they're not beginner friendly and I'm not going to get into them unless OP wants me to, because those "discussions" rarely remain civil.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.