[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I humanely euthanize a hermit crab without making it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: Hermit -Crab-04.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hermit -Crab-04.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
How can I humanely euthanize a hermit crab without making it suffer? Would putting it in a freezer be the way to go?
>>
>>2069985
slow boil
>>
>>133123653
I'm not sure about inverts, but isn't being frozen a horrible death? I remember reading something about that for fish.
Crush it quickly.

I'd suggest stepping on it but the shell would probably make that difficult.
>>
>>2069985
Gas it or sledgehammer.
>>
File: A nice dinner.jpg (82KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
A nice dinner.jpg
82KB, 420x315px
>>2069985
>>
>>2069985
I want to know why you want to kill your hermit crab.

Is the crab ill?
>>
File: 1453356648633.jpg (46KB, 441x558px) Image search: [Google]
1453356648633.jpg
46KB, 441x558px
>>2070024
I feel bad for you.
>>
>>2070024

That’s a dumb reason.
>>
>>2070024
Let him go.
>>
>>2070024
Here's an idea, you subhuman piece of shit, why don't you put up an ad on craigslist, or make a post of facebook, or whatever the fuck it is you do so the poor creature can live. If nothing else, then think about the profit you could make, you sick bastard.
>>
File: meh_ro5902.jpg (28KB, 360x507px) Image search: [Google]
meh_ro5902.jpg
28KB, 360x507px
>>
>>2070014
I expect a lifebar and a name like "Lord Cancer, Envoy of the Deep" to appear under that.
>>
>>2070033
>>2070034
>>2070037
>>2070039
what was his reasoning?
>>
Some years ago, a pet store employee told me I should freeze my Androctonus australis because I was too young to keep one at 17.

Toothless cunt.
>>
>>2070037
It would an even worse death tough.

>>2070034
Why?
>>
>>2070093
>>2070121
From the other posts, I gather OP probably doesn't want it anymore
>>
>>2069985

Freezing is a bit iffy...if you're going to freeze you have to put them in the fridge for several hours first and then move them to the fridge.

Otherwise, hammer to the head as fast as you can.

It's the most ethical way to kill many animals.
>>
>>2069985
Euthanize yourself, monster.
>>
>>2069985
a generous amount of clove oil works on fish, no idea how it'll work on a crab though, very different animal.
>>
Microwave
>>
>>2070098
Because he's lazy and the crab is by itself. No idea why it got deleted unless it was done by OP.
>>
>>2069985
throw it at a wall as fast and hard as you can.
>>
>>2070235
>No idea why it got deleted unless it was done by OP.
or someone was pretending to be OP to troll you and then got banned for it.

>/an/ isn't smart enough to notice.
>>
File: dog explodes.gif (2MB, 333x251px) Image search: [Google]
dog explodes.gif
2MB, 333x251px
>>2069985
Dynamite. Over before they even know what's going on.
>>
>>2070615
Controlled demolition would be alright, in some state a dude blew up his dog, wasn't cruelty because it was instantaneous.
I'd say take him out back and shoot him like a dog.
>>
>>2070615
>>2070645
Did someone say spud gun?
Because I think someone said spud gun.
>>
>>2069996
why not this op
>>
Will it blend?
>>
I once asked how to take care of turtles properly (was watching them for a friend and only got the bare minimum instruction she didn't really give a shit about them), and someone here told me to put them in the freezer from time to time because they like the cold.

Luckily I'm not retarded and didn't do that but the point of the story is /an/ wouldn't even tell me how to humanely care for animals so I don't know why they would actually give you good advice on how to kill one humanely either. Ask a vet or something mang.
>>
>>2070908
/an/

On 4chan

is your first source for turtle care?

Straight retarded. You should put yourself in a freezer.
>>
>>2069985
Why are you killing your crab?

(I had one that literally walked ontop of a floor AC vent and died within the couple of minutes it was unattended.)

I had to execute a lizard my cat royally fucked over. Chopped off his head with a knife. Also had to kill a fish a friend of mine guthooked. Missed the first time, and stabbed it through its body, panicked and got a perfect shot on its head the next time around with a frog gig.

If its a decent reason, just pick something a do it. Life moves on.
>>
Attack its weak point for massive damage
>>
>>2069985
Very much so
>>
>>2069985
Crustaceans dont feel pain.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.