[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does this make you feel >Last week, a young Francisca

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

How does this make you feel
>Last week, a young Franciscana dolphin was killed on a beach in Argentina as a consequence of rough handling by throngs of eager tourists. The animal, along with another dolphin, had reportedly been yanked from the water so people could take photos.

>As if the loss of life for the sake of photographs wasn't troubling enough, Franciscana dolphins are listed as a "vulnerable" species, found only in the waters of southeastern South America.
https://www.thedodo.com/baby-dolphin-dies-for-photos-1607782616.html
>>
>>2065312
because
>pics or it didn't happen
>>
File: 436228497.jpg (48KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
436228497.jpg
48KB, 960x720px
>No , this one wasn't smart, he got close to the humans thinking they were friendly
>>
>>2065312
We get it. Every post is b8. Filtered like how my shrimp filter feed.
>>
What did these people expect would happen? Pull a dolphin out of the water into the sun, you're gonna fucking kill it.
>>
>>2065349
>salsa-niggers
>thinking

pick only one, mVIII
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 125x124px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 125x124px
>>2065353
>salsa-niggers
>implying most of them aren't white tourists
>>
>>2065313
One thing is to make a photo at a safe distance hell even spoiling a bit the photo with a piece of paper with the date ala 4chan is ok.
The other thing is just result of the whole social media shit. The good part is that sometimes instafuckers risk their lives just to get a photo with thousands of likes. So it's something.

>>2065349
That and:
>Possibility of asphixiation because cetaceans close their blowholes in extremely stressful situation, which is the case.
>Being crushed by the weight of his whole body, although it's a calf and probably that one is irrelevant.
The fella had one hell of a time before dying...
>>
>>2065356

>the "white argentina" meme
sigh
>>
>>2065360
you evidently can't read
>>
>>2065310
Can't wait for the edgy contrarian club to find this thread and defend that niggerish degeneracy.

>>2065336
What's wrong with what he said?
>>
>>2065356
but there's not a single white person in OP's picture anon
>>
>>2065378
seriously
>>
Tourist who never seen the beach before cause shit like this
If you go to Mar del plata on the "worker class beach" the place is a dumpster
>>
>>2065356
>believe on the white meme

You're probably those gay lookin and skinny fags that looks like emos
Seguro que ves un punga y te largas a llorar
>>
File: drake's yellow meme.png (279KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
drake's yellow meme.png
279KB, 680x453px
>>2065389
>spics on /an/
This was supposed to be the board where we talk about animals, not with animals.
>>
File: Animu sad.jpg (28KB, 411x430px) Image search: [Google]
Animu sad.jpg
28KB, 411x430px
>>
File: 1448930680420.png (842KB, 639x687px) Image search: [Google]
1448930680420.png
842KB, 639x687px
>>2065407
nice one
>>
>>2065389
a ver a ver a ver, ¿de qué estás hablando?
>>
>>2065382
they look like lightskin mestizos.
>>
>>2065310
>N I G G E R S
>>
>>2065333
underrated
>>
>>2065313
lost
>>
The one a while back about tourists killing thousands of baby turtles by ambushing the site where the mothers came to shore and layed the eggs, then the assholes dug up all the eggs and stuff? Yeah, that was a bad. This is nothing compared to that.
>>
>>2065537
>Implying /an/ons don't get assblasted by that as well
Things like this are frowned on, no matter the number of casualties.
>>
>>2065933
I think /an/ is generally against fucking with animals for the sake of stupid shit.
If someone was jumping on a colony of ants for selfies I would be pissed too, I mean why bother?

Selfie culture is cancer.
>>
>>2065537
I can be pissed about more than one thing at the same time you know?
>>
From what I've heard, the dolphin was dead beforehand and the crowd initially tried to revive it.
>>
Are white people the only humans who care about animals?
>>
>>2066217

Don't get too proud of yourselves.

http://www.factoryfarmmap.org/states/ia/
>>
>>2066221
Killing farm animals for food is not the same as killing endangered species for selfies, you dirty coloured hippie.
>>
This is why I fucking this "selfie culture". I blaming white people for invented this shit.
>>
>>2066420
"I blaming white people for invented this shit"
you might want to shut the fuck up before we bomb your shithole country
>>
>animal dies
>gets spread around social media
>everyone's outraged
>couple weeks later no one cares
>keep on exploiting animals and other natural resources everyday
>next media event
and so on
>>
>>2066420
Anyone else speak retardese here?
>>
Fuckin normies I swear to god
Just enjoy the moment you twat. You don't need to upload every second of your life on facebook
>>
>>2065310
I hate all these god damn articles always posting "endangered" they can at least state the real facts instead of branching off one another's bullshit. I saw somewhere that said the dolphins were washing up on the beach already dying and people just decided to pull them out but idk.
>>
>>2065312
Oldfag pls stahp
>>
>>2066249
>Killing farm animals for food is not the same as killing endangered species for selfies, you dirty coloured hippie.

It often really is though.
You don't need either to live a healthy life.
In the former case it's intentional and in the latter it's stupidity.
i suppose that at least for free range animals there may be possibility of higher quality of life
>>
>>2066797
we don't actually raise enough plants to feed our current population.

so while you might be able to be a vegetarian, it's impossible for all people to do it.
>>
>>2066801

>we don't actually raise enough plants to feed our current population.

Source?
>>
>>2066822
just google world hunger deaths.
>>
>>2066420
But Instagram is only popular thanks to niggers.
>>
>>2066832

World hunger deaths are from poverty, almost never from an actual shortage of food in existence.

There's more than enough food to feed the entire world, and then some. The systems of distribution are broken.

On a global scale, there is no actual shortage of edible plant products.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-08-28/poor-in-india-starve-as-politicians-steal-14-5-billion-of-food
>>
>>2066426
There's a big difference between exploiting animals and natural resources to improve our quality of life and killing them for kicks.
>>
TARINGA>4chan animal fags
>>
>>2067327
Who?
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 667x963px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 667x963px
>>2066750
I'm 22 man. I just don't participate in any social media bullshit. I don't Facebook, tweet, insta, Vine, or tumbl. Every moment I share with others, we share together. We don't have to fucking upload it for the rest of the world to give us approval.

Just live in the moment man. You don't need to be constantly connected to social media.
>>
>>2067439
>he said while posting anime from his smartphone
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 429x398px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 429x398px
>>2067443
Whatever
>>
>>2065407
kekd hard
>>
>>2067447
yes. the 70% that humans can't eat.
Corn leaves and stems mostly.
>>
>>2067447
We've got a weird situation in the US because the government pays farmers to grow grain we can't use.

For example we export about 20% of our grain right off the top. So if animals eat 70% and we export 20% and use 30% to make ethanol you'll see we've used 120% of our grain harvest.

the reason there's an overlap is because grain usually gets used twice. We ferment a flat 30% of our grain harvest to make ethanol, then feed the leftover mash from the fermentation process to animals. This adds to the 40% of grain fed directly to animals to make 70%. But that's not even entirely accurate.

most of the 30% we distill and make into gasoline is just the stems and leaves from grain plants that were grown to feed people.

so that 30% used for ethanol and the additional 40% used for animal feed is ALSO used to feed people and to export.

it gets really confusing not just because we're using the same plants for two or three different purposes, but we're also using different parts of those plants for many different purposes.

but if we didn't feed it to animals and export it and turn it into ethanol and eat it then the government would still buy it and toss it in the ocean. Because we pay farmers to keep farming whether we need the food or not.
>>
>>2067494
>We've got a weird situation in the US because the government pays farmers to grow grain we can't use.
>we've used 120% of our grain harvest
>but if we didn't feed it to animals and export it and turn it into ethanol and eat it

>if we didn't use grain for this, that, this and that which uses all the grain grown

>we pay farmers to keep farming whether we need the [it] or not.
>the government pays farmers to grow grain we can't use

Yeah how so? This misinformation has to die already.
>>
>>2067685
>This misinformation has to die already
it came directly off Wikipedia.
what you call misinformation is just grain use statistics that nobody disputes.
>>
>>2066801
You get more kg food per square meter with meat then plants. Not enough space gor plants in total to feed countried
>>
>>2068034
That's the opposite of true
>>
>>2068056
it's true in certain frames of reference.

for example if we count calories rather than pounds it's probably true.

It's more likely to be true with foods where we don't eat most of the plant. For example grains where most of the plant is wasted.

it's also true in cases where the animal is eating weeds or wild pasture in places that can't be farmed.

Vegetarians and environmentalists love to pretend we have to choose between growing plants and animals, but in real practice we can and do grow both on the same land since waste parts of plants are often fed to livestock.
>>
>>2068030
Every goverment that isn't retarded keeps a grain surplus, that guy Is just a retarded fag who thinks itz the white man's greed that makes africans starve
>>
>>2065382
Seriously. Those people are not white, if you can't tell that then you aren't white either.
>>
>>2065310
"I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill 'em all!"
>>
>>2066801
>we don't actually raise enough plants to feed our current population.
we raise more. the fuck you think those animals eat. they're not all rangeland cattle.
>>
>>2066844
>implying more factory farmed meat improves our quality of life
>>
>>2068034
>You get more kg food per square meter with meat then plants.
that's wrong
>Not enough space gor plants in total to feed countried
what
>>
File: argentina.png (558KB, 680x541px) Image search: [Google]
argentina.png
558KB, 680x541px
>Argies
>>
>>2069226
>they're not all rangeland cattle.
in the US over half of cattle graze on FS and BLM land.

this doesn't count all the cattle grazing on private property.

so yes, most cattle spend the last week or two of their lives eating grain, but the first two years are spent eating grass and weeds.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.