[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TLDR : What kind of Kong does/did your puppy have? Any particular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: dog-kong-toys.gif (102KB, 612x447px) Image search: [Google]
dog-kong-toys.gif
102KB, 612x447px
TLDR : What kind of Kong does/did your puppy have? Any particular advice on Kong toys?

Hey /an/ I just got an 8 weeks lab puppy

Thinking about getting him a Kong toy for crate training (the ones you stuff food in) to keep puppy busy and happy

There's a bunch of kinds and sizes, and I'm wondering which one should I get?

Would a red one do or do I really need a puppy-specific one?

I'm worried about the size : I want it to keep Lascaux busy for more than 5 minutes, but I've read about some puppies getting their jaw stuck in the hole
>>
Dang that pic makes my prostate tingle
>>
>>2061567
Tell me anon, what do you stuff your Kong with?
>>
Don't spend too much money on toys, you're going to need it later for trainers and vet bills. Adult dogs from BYBs are generally a mess.
>>
>>2061568
Peanut butter of course.

For real though these are amazing toys I would just put crumbled biscuits or cheerios n some peanut butter. Even if the dog can't get everything out it'll keep it entertained with the scent.
>>
The general rule with Kongs is to buy a size bigger than what you think you need.
>>
>lab puppy

Don't waste time on the light blue ones.
Get red or black. Get one small enough so the lower jaw cant fit in the hole.
>>
>>2061572
>implying BYB
>implying a sewer mutt is healthier than a purebred dog bought from a serious and honest breeder who health-checks their dogs and breeds them responsibly

>>2061573
I see. I've also read about mixing kibble and water, then putting the mixture in and maybe freezing it. I don't really like the idea of buying good healthy puppy food if I'm gonna give him peanut butter at the same time. I'll have to see if he's interested in filthy kibble mix I guess.

>>2061574
>>2061576
I'd go for the bigger one, but if I'm gonna let him play with it unsupervised, I'd rather be sure he can't get stuck.
And ok, I'll skip the puppy ones then.

thanks anons
>>
>>2061574
I think that's the general rule to any dog toy. Unfortunately, producers still didn't get it
>>
File: kong.gif (19KB, 354x449px) Image search: [Google]
kong.gif
19KB, 354x449px
I will stuff it about 2/3 of the way with various dog treats and only cover the hole with peanut butter. This way, the treats and the extra room for the treats to rattle will hopefully entice the dogs to get the food out, because not all of them have seen a kong before. If you're worried about weight and getting sick, fill it with dog food instead.

I've known people to put in can dog food with treats, fill the whole thing up with peanut butter, or smear the insides with peanut butter and then put the food in.

Red and black seem to be the sturdiest. Mine as well get a large one because he will be big. Might need one a tad smaller for the time being though
>>
>>2061613
Doesn't that eventually reach the size and weight of a full meal with the bigger kongs?
>>
>>2061580
I did not imply anything. My statement was direct.
>>
>>2061617
Yeah. Some people feed their dogs out of Kongs and other similar type toys as a form of enrichment.

What you can do (and is what I do sometimes) if you don't want to use up a meal, is to use things like green beans, carrots, bits of apple, and safe, low calorie stuff like that.

I usually use small bits of apple, mix it with non flavored Greek yogurt, maybe adds doggy treat or two, seal both ends with peanut butter, and freeze it. Freezing it makes it last much longer, and seems to appeal to them more especially on hot days.
>>
>>2061702
>Yeah. Some people feed their dogs out of Kongs and other similar type toys as a form of enrichment.
Yeah I know, was mostly talking of the second part of your post, though.
Now, I also got a squirrel dude for my dog, and stuffed it with kibble. It doesn't fall too often and keeps her busy too, without being, well, so huge. Apparently she'll need XL kongs when she's done growing up. Might aswell really put her full meal in those then.
>>
>>2061572
>paying for a trainer and not just ruthlessly beating a dog who misbehaves.

Dog pees on the floor? Hold it down and punch it the fucking face.

Dog barks and gets rowdy? In blind rage hold it against the wall and choke it till it passes out. When it is passed out panic because your girlfriend is coming home and the dog can't be dead.

When it wakes up give it cut turkey slices and call him a good boy even though he is a piece of shut dog who should die.
>>
>>2061753
This tbqh fampai
>>
>>2061776
>fampai
lost
>>
>people seriously give their dogs peanut butter

hahahaha holy shit dude
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.