[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animals & Humans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: PB.jpg (757KB, 1020x778px) Image search: [Google]
PB.jpg
757KB, 1020x778px
>>
>>2059612
I'm still going to eat meat and fuck your mom tonight, though.
>>
>>2059612
Plant protein and meat protein are two completely different proteins.

Otherwise there wouldn't be animal species. We would all be photosynthesizing plants that can walk and talk.
>>
Those circle farms are neat looking.
>>
>>2059617
>Otherwise there wouldn't be animal species
Based on what?
>>
>>2059727
Animals get their energy differently than from plants. Its cells are very different
>>
>>2059775
Not really, no.
>>
>>2059783
Worse than bugguy
>>
>>2059638

What even are they? Why are they round?
>>
>>2060075

It's called Center pivot irrigation.

They're round because they're in the desert and the circular farming method is much more water conservative than normal farming methods. They have 2 long watering strips that constantly circle the farm watering the plants (the lines jutting out from the center).
>>
File: animal_vs_plant_cell.jpg (36KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
animal_vs_plant_cell.jpg
36KB, 640x320px
>>2059783
you're wrong you fucking retard.
>>
>>2059617

You can live without eating meat. There's no evidence we need to eat meat to survive or be healthy.
>>
File: Redead[1].png (1MB, 928x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Redead[1].png
1MB, 928x1600px
>>2060524
yea except vegans look +15 years older than they really are. white women age poorly normally, but vegan white women become redeads
>>
>>2059617
When it is said you need protein, what it's meant is you need aminoacids, the "links" protein "chains" are made of, so to speak. Any protein you ingest, animal or plant based, is separated into aminoacids and then those are used to form the proteins your own body needs. Animals might have some proteins plants don't and viceversa, but it doesn't matter as both can have all the aminoacids you might need.

I still eat animals because they are fucking delicious, though.
>>
>>2059617
>>2059775
>>2059783
>>2059898
>>2060103

Plant geneticist here.

The only reason meat is a better source of protein is because it has a closer amino-acid makeup to human tissue than, say, plants. There is nothing wrong with getting your protein from plant material, as long as it is complete protein. That said, you will heal from wounds faster by eating flesh, especially rendered cartilage and bones, marrow and sinew.

I repeat: their proteins are the same, plants just have different proportions of amino acids. I can explain more if you still dont get it.
>>
>>2060524
but it's the natural thing to do.
>>
>>2060779
Rape is also natural are you frown upon it, don't you?
>>
>>2060774
Spirulina + Tarantulas and you're set.
>>
>>2060532
Show me those scientific studies.
>>
>>2060779

Just because something is "natural" doesn't mean we should do it. All kinds of things are "natural" but that doesn't mean they're inherently better. So the "it's natural" argument isn't really a good one.
>>
>>2060851
The argument is that million years of evolution has set up what is better for us. Over eating is a problem, but if you eat right meat is important in your diet.
>>
>>2060869
Million years of evolution set us apart from nature.
There's nothing natural about what we eat and how we eat it.
>>
>>2060779
"Nature" doesn't exist. It's just an arbitrary concept made up by humans in order to rationalise the world. Sometimes people use the concept in order to naturalise, and thereby also legitimise, their own opinions.

Appealing to "nature" is just as bad as appealing to "muh tradition". Plus, these appeals are often used to support extra edgy opinions/ideologies, like libertarianism and pro-war standpoints.
>>
There is no reason not to eat meat.
>>
>>2060875
>living beings intrinsically do thing
>we are living beings
>we do thing

Explain why we shouldn't.
>>
>>2060925
If eating meat was "natural" to us, we wouldn't be cognitively capable of being vegetarian. Of course, the opposite applies, too. Being vegetarian is no more natural. All I'm saying is that nature doesn't exist, and that there certainly aren't any "natural" rules that we need to follow.
>>
>>2060903
Allergies.
>>
>>2060869

Humans don't need meet to do well. There is no nutrient in meat that can't be gotten from other sources. I haven't eaten meat in 20 years and literally nothing bad has happened to me as a result from not eating it.

My ma hasn't eaten meat in probably 35 years and she's fine too.
>>
>>2060997

Humans who sit around doing very little exercise and have access to a wealth of different vegetables and foods and have access to supplements that give them the nutrients meat would do "well".
>>
>>2060997
>literally nothing bad has happened to me as a result
You become a pretentious faggot who uses the world literally out of context.
That is bad.
>>
>>2061014
And then even then vegans are not completely "well". Every Vegan I have ever met looked like a yellow corpse.
>>
>>2061014

Up until I sustained a serious injury I was constantly exercising. I used to ride my bike six miles to work and back 5 days a week (and at the time I was living in the mountains, so basically none of it was on level ground). There are lots of vegetarian athletes, anon.
>>
Isn't it possible that some people do just fine without meat and others don't, because of genetic factors? I hope we can get to that soon, that one can determine from genes and possibly gut microbial sample, what agrees with ones "stomach" and what doesn't. There's so much opposing opinions about nutritional science these days that it seems that you learn on daily basis that you have been doing it all wrong... it's got to be something that has to be personally tailored.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.